The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #276
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

I'd be happy with only FF reverting back to Marvel and everything else can stay where they are, at least for now.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #277
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I want Fantastic Four to revert back to Marvel, but Fox has been very persistent in crushing that hope - at least in the short-term future. Are they actually developing a new movie, or are these infrequent "updates" about the film being "in-development" simply disinformation? I imagine Marvel wants FF badly. Is Fox waiting to see just how much the franchise is worth to them?
I don't see Spider-Man going back to Marvel for a very long time, if it ever does. So long as that franchise remains profitable, there is absolutely no incentive for Sony to give it up.

Daredevil I could see going back to Marvel.
FF is desperately needed in the Marvel U. Hell, Reed Richards alone is needed--he totally should be networking with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, etc. on some of these upcoming crises.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #278
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I say the only franchise that is without a doubt going back to Marvel is Ghost Rider. Sony will let the rights expire. As far as Spider-man, that might never go back same as X-men. I can never see either franchise ever bombing at the box office. From what I read on the Fox deals the properties have to be in production not development by a certain time.
Not too sure about the X-Men franchise never bombing. I think some of us may forget sometimes just how badly FOX has sullied that franchise. The last two films showed serious declines in sales, with First Class faring the worst. People have lost a lot of interest in the series now because it's just cheesy now. First Class was okay, but the character selection for mutants was piss-poor in my opinion.

They (FOX) just doesn't get this concept of comic films.

The ONLY thing that can truly resuscitate the X-Men franchise is a complete reboot in the hands of Marvel Studios, period, dot.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #279
Project862006
Banned User

just okay i think first class wiped the floor with cap and thor lol

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
actually tackled great themes

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #280
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
I can't say I agree with you at all. With the exception of McAvoy and Fassbender the acting in FC was absolutely horrible. And as soon as Xavier and Lensherr met, the movie went downhill. Annoying teenagers, training montages and subpar special effects. I like FC for what it is, better than X3 or XMOW, but better than Thor or Cap? Only in Bizarroworld.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #281
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I can't say I agree with you at all. With the exception of McAvoy and Fassbender the acting in FC was absolutely horrible. And as soon as Xavier and Lensherr met, the movie went downhill. Annoying teenagers, training montages and subpar special effects. I like FC for what it is, better than X3 or XMOW, but better than Thor or Cap? Only in Bizarroworld.
QFT

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #282
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

Unless they're going at it, the X-Men are rarely associated with the Avengers from what I've seen, so I don't mind Marvel not having the rights. At least for now. I couldn't care less about Ghost Rider either. But Daredevil, FF, and Spider-Man absolutely need to be reverted back to Marvel!

qq.

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #283
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
I agree 100 percent with you.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #284
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
This!

Those kids were annoying and goofy as hell in their acting skills. Especially the red-headed Banshee actor who had the ugliest puckered up face for 90% of the film.

I still don't know what that was all about. *scratches head*

Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #285
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCloud View Post
Unless they're going at it, the X-Men are rarely associated with the Avengers from what I've seen, so I don't mind Marvel not having the rights. At least for now. I couldn't care less about Ghost Rider either. But Daredevil, FF, and Spider-Man absolutely need to be reverted back to Marvel!

qq.
I agree about X-Men. They really do work best in a Mutants only scenario.

Spider-Man does nothing for me and I think he works well alone too. I never liked the idea of him in The Avengers.

Daredevil would be awesome in a team up film with Punisher. And I'd love Marvel to do a Midnight Sons horror themed team of Blade, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, and Werewolf by night. That'd be a cool thematic twist on the genre.

But without doubt the most important franchise to get back to MS/Disney is Fantastic Four. Not for the team themselves, because frankly they are boring IMHO, but because if Marvel is going cosmic/space opera they NEED Galactus!!! Oh and the additions of Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom would be pretty awesome too!

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #286
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
Ok first off let's understand that you're talking about two VERY DIFFERENT comic styles. X-men has always had way more serious undertones that maybe only were matched by the first Iron Man in terms of dealing with real world issues.

Second of all I thought XFC did the worst job of any of the X-men films of dealing with those issues (including Wolverine). The only person in XFC who is dealing with the gravity of the situation is Fassbender, everyone else is happy go lucky. Like the scene where the students all meet for the first time and it's more like something out of a show produced by the CW than anything that should be in an X-men film.

So no it wasn't more ambitioius, infact it was the least ambitious X-men film to date. It was less ambitious than X3 and I HATED X3.

As to which films you prefered that's a matter of taste, clearly Thor and Cap won the pop-culture war FWIW.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #287
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm fine with X-men remaining at Fox, but I'd like a deal struck where Marvel can use Spider-man with royalties to Sony for use of the film character. Fantastic Four needs to go back to Marvel, along with Silver Surfer.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #288
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Ok first off let's understand that you're talking about two VERY DIFFERENT comic styles. X-men has always had way more serious undertones that maybe only were matched by the first Iron Man in terms of dealing with real world issues.

Second of all I thought XFC did the worst job of any of the X-men films of dealing with those issues (including Wolverine). The only person in XFC who is dealing with the gravity of the situation is Fassbender, everyone else is happy go lucky. Like the scene where the students all meet for the first time and it's more like something out of a show produced by the CW than anything that should be in an X-men film.

So no it wasn't more ambitioius, infact it was the least ambitious X-men film to date. It was less ambitious than X3 and I HATED X3.

As to which films you prefered that's a matter of taste, clearly Thor and Cap won the pop-culture war FWIW.
I love everything you said except the thing about X3. I think X3 was the grittiest of the ENTIRE franchise and felt closest to a real X-Men comic especially with all the risks and losses. It was faaarrrr from a perfect film, so I get you on that, but I think it raised stakes that haven't been raised since.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #289
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I love everything you said except the thing about X3. I think X3 was the grittiest of the ENTIRE franchise and felt closest to a real X-Men comic especially with all the risks and losses. It was faaarrrr from a perfect film, so I get you on that, but I think it raised stakes that haven't been raised since.
i gotta agree with this, though it was executed really poorly

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #290
AvengeME
Banned User

Quote:

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
First Class is superlative story telling. But we already knew Singer and Vaughn can tell a good X-Men story.

I wouldn't call any of them ambitious. All played it safe. Action in First Class was terrible but much like Nolan, that is not Singer's strong suite.

Overall, FC was the best film IMO. But Charles vs Xavier never gets old. It was better on paper from the getgo. I felt Cap and Thor underacheived while FC met the potential for the material, at least script and story board wise.

AvengeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #291
Lightning Strykez!

^ Charles vs. Xavier and Wolverine are getting old to me...and least a lot of other people. That's why those last two origin films failed so much at the box office.

It's. Been done. To death.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #292
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
FF is desperately needed in the Marvel U. Hell, Reed Richards alone is needed--he totally should be networking with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, etc. on some of these upcoming crises.
I agree. FF fits so well within MCU that I really hope Fox will give up the rights and concentrate on X-Men and DD instead. Dr. Doom would make a fantastic villain for not just FF but also Avengers, much like Loki does, and Galactus and Silver Surfer would be equally awesome for GOTG or Avengers if they move their actions to the stars for the sequels. Alas, I'm not sure if Fox would be willing to give the rights up, because they seemed to be rather possessive about those rights and they would rather toss in millions for a movie they aren't 100% confident in than letting Marvel get their First Family back.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #293
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
^ Charles vs. Xavier and Wolverine are getting old to me...and least a lot of other people. That's why those last two origin films failed so much at the box office.

It's. Been done. To death.
Both films still got more than $350 million at the worldwide box-office and both films were prequel. It wasn't like they had the same cast from the original trilogy.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #294
TheManThatDoes
Newbie First Class

With the Marvel Studios and The Amazing Spider-Man situation going on right now,probably Spider-Man will be the soonest to get rights back

TheManThatDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #295
TheManThatDoes
Newbie First Class

I must agree,Fantastic Four do fit very very well in the MCU

TheManThatDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #296
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:

it had better acting
better story
much more ambitious
I wouldn't say it wipes the floor with Captain America and Thor, but it certainly has its moments. All of last year's origin movies are riddled with cheesiness, but at least First Class isn't afraid to throw the adults a bone and grow a pair every once and awhile.

That is one thing I'm very worried about, should the X-Men ever go to Disney.

As for the teenagers, I will take them over the likes of the Warriors Three any day. It's one thing to watch teenagers be teenagers. It's another to watch adults act like those buffoons.

Anyway, if there is a franchise I do think fits into Marvel's current cinematic universe, it's Fantastic Four. To not have them there just seems wrong.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #297
AvengeME
Banned User

Maybe Fantastic Four will be Marvel's future modern space age team. They are still young in this universe. Maybe Reed is a very young scientist and won't get his powers much later in the timeline, well after or toward the end of the Avengers series. Just a thought.

First things first, they need the rights.

AvengeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #298
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I'm hoping we can get some new info on FF at SDCC, either from Fox or Marvel. If the rights aren't going back to Marvel, I want something concrete from Fox that they're actually serious about rebooting the franchise and not just trying to delay as long as possible because they hate the idea of giving up FF's movie rights.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #299
Lightning Strykez!

I shudder at the idea of FOX rebooting Fantastic Four like Sony just did with Spider-Man. Not a lot of time has passed since 2007 and ROTSS left a bad taste in so many mouths. To reboot it now would actually kill the franchise completely. In my opinion, Sony actually improved on an already great franchise.

FOX would just take a failed one and make it dumb and dumber.

As Magneto would say in X3: They "never learn."

Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #300
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Ya MS needs FF back at home. I don't think Fox is ever going to do them the same justice that MS can. So many good opportunities with the FF franchise and it would just make the most sense in the MCU so hopefully Fox will either sell them back or have another huge flop. I'm hoping if they do another FF movie Marvel let's Fox shoot themselves in the foot since they obviously can't handle a cbm and then Marvel can buy them back or the rights revert.