The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #501
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
But as I said before (but you may not have read) thats only cause there are other studios producing Marvel characters that they don't want to bump heads with. If they had all the characters they'd do three maybe four movies a year cause they make money off the non Marvel produced movies to with the licensing fees they garner per movie
They can only afford 2 movies a year.

They did well in 2012, but they still have to consider profit & oversaturating the market.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #502
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,270
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

The Increidble Hulk was not like X-Men first Class.First class has many connections to Singerverse of X-Men films(X-Men,X2) there Is noway you can lineup the origins of hulk and Increidble Hulk.

What makes you think daredevil would ever be a priority for marvel.

Some people here are too much In denial over Josh Trank directing FF.Director's often sign up for films It takes awhile to get off ground.But let's assume I am wrong and end of 2014 rights would revert back to marvel.It would be around 2020 till FF would be made.

And Fox would have been stupid to turn over kep FF characters like Galactus and silver surfer over to fox.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #503
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,199
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

lol 'in denial'

they tried stallign with daredevil too and that didn't work. will believe when see

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #504
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
They can only afford 2 movies a year.

They did well in 2012, but they still have to consider profit & oversaturating the market.
This is Disney were talking about here.. They could make 10 if they wanted too. They could buy back the characters if the wanted to but they don't because they'll make money from the licensing fee's and automatic 10% from BO profits from Fox and Sony and not shell a dime.

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #505
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
lol 'in denial'

they tried stallign with daredevil too and that didn't work. will believe when see
Lol!! Blind sided by the reverting rights the remix!!

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #506
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
This is Disney were talking about here.. They could make 10 if they wanted too. They could buy back the characters if the wanted to but they don't because they'll make money from the licensing fee's and automatic 10% from BO profits from Fox and Sony and not shell a dime.
Disney or not, you won't be seeing four Pirates movies in one year. Oversaturation decreases profit. Profit determines budget. Why make a billion off 4 films when you can make it off one?

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #507
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The Increidble Hulk was not like X-Men first Class.First class has many connections to Singerverse of X-Men films(X-Men,X2) there Is noway you can lineup the origins of hulk and Increidble Hulk.
Other than The Incredible Hulk finds Bruce Banner in Brazil, 5 years after the first movie ends and Brazil and TIH explicitly states he's been 5 years without incident....

Yeah, no connection at all.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #508
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===
 
kaijunexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,430
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
They can only afford 2 movies a year.

They did well in 2012, but they still have to consider profit & oversaturating the market.
...what?

There's already roughly 4 to 5 superhero films produced per year. That's working well and is highly profitable for almost anyone making them.

If Fox and Sony lost their rights to these properties and couldn't produce Marvel films anymore, do you honestly think Marvel Studios wouldn't pick up their slack and add an extra film to their schedule every year?

What reason would they have not to? Because it costs to much?

They'd be making that extra cost back in extra profits. It's good business sense. I don't understand your argument.

__________________
Phase 1 >>> IM - TIH - IM2 - Thor - CA: TFA - The Avengers
Phase 2 >>> IM3 - Thor: TDW - AoS - Agent Carter - CA: TWS - GotG - Avengers: Age of Ultron
Phase 3 >>> Ant-Man - Daredevil - Jessica Jones - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - The Defenders

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #509
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,270
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Other than The Incredible Hulk finds Bruce Banner in Brazil, 5 years after the first movie ends and Brazil and explicitly states he's been 5 years without incident....yeah no connection at all.
Yes Banner Is In brazil In Incredible Hulk but trying to call Hulk and
Increidble Hulk connected films makes First class and Last Stand seem like perfectly connected films.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #510
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The Increidble Hulk was not like X-Men first Class.First class has many connections to Singerverse of X-Men films(X-Men,X2) there Is noway you can lineup the origins of hulk and Increidble Hulk.
And there's real way I can line up First Class with the X-Men films either except the names are the same.. Thats just as much of a non reboot


Quote:
What makes you think daredevil would ever be a priority for marvel.
Well I don't know being just just reverted last week and MS already have a three year plan in motion. If Fox would have gotten out of the way before so something may've been worked out but all the last minute dealings did them In.

Quote:
Some people here are too much In denial over Josh Trank directing FF.Director's often sign up for films It takes awhile to get off ground.But let's assume I am wrong and end of 2014 rights would revert back to marvel.It would be around 2020 till FF would be made.
And that would be a shame over being Marvel Rights Character Rights Nazi's cause everybody loses.

Quote:
And Fox would have been stupid to turn over kep FF characters like Galactus and silver surfer over to fox.
They could've just loaned them. Marvel would've been a team player but if you say so

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #511
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Yes Banner Is In brazil In Incredible Hulk but trying to call Hulk and
Increidble Hulk connected films makes First class and Last Stand seem like perfectly connected films.
Oh like Mystique be so cold hearted that she doesn't even show anytype of relationship with Charles in X1 or 2

Or that Michael Fassbenders has a more German dialect and Ian Mckellen is more Shakesperian British.

Or that X3 is a direct sequel to X-2 but First Class is not a prequel to X-3

Need more?


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 10-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #512
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Yes Banner Is In brazil In Incredible Hulk but trying to call Hulk and
Increidble Hulk connected films makes First class and Last Stand seem like perfectly connected films.
The only incongruities from Hulk > TIH are that they added the super soldier serum and the recast. Otherwise they line up as a narrative rather well, and Ang Lee's Hulk move helps inform MCU Hulk's turn from public enemy #1, to anti-hero to hero.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-18-2012 at 03:44 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #513
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Marvels only been doing films since "07" so to condemn them for only making two comic book films a year is just another reach.

As they grow so will the ability to make more films per yeah.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #514
S. Grundy
Side-Kick
 
S. Grundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,825
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Or that Michael Fassbenders has a more German dialect and Ian Mckellen is more Shakesperian British.
With that, I kinda like to believe as he got older and fell more and more into the whole mutant superiority thing, he felt he needed to sound more regal. But that's just my little bit of fanboy mental gymnastics.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #515
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
With that, I kinda like to believe as he got older and fell more and more into the whole mutant superiority thing, he felt he needed to sound more regal. But that's just my little bit of fanboy mental gymnastics.
I'll give you a overall score of 9.8 for that floor exercise

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #516
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,361
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
With that, I kinda like to believe as he got older and fell more and more into the whole mutant superiority thing, he felt he needed to sound more regal. But that's just my little bit of fanboy mental gymnastics.
Well people's accents can change over time. If he spent a long time in England, he might've lost the german accent and become more English.

And Fassbender sounds more Irish than German anyway.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #517
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well people's accents can change over time. If he spent a long time in England, he might've lost the german accent and become more English.

And Fassbender sounds more Irish than German anyway.
Quote:
http://www.630wpro.com/Article.asp?i...420&spid=40326
Michael Fassbender Takes Magneto in Different Direction in X-Men: First Class

Michael Fassbender is one of the stars of the prequel X-Men: First Class, debuting Friday, June 3rd. He plays a younger incarnation of the villain Magneto, portrayed by Sir Ian McKellen in the first three X-Men films. Fassbender says X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn didn't want him to channel McKellen as they shot the movie. He says, "At one point when I was first offered the job I thought OK, shall I go and study the man in terms of his nuances, his voice and then I was talking to Matthew in the first meeting and he wasn't so keen on going down that route."
The overall point was proving that First Class was a Prequel as much as The Incredible Hulk was a sequel in a earlier post because neither director limited themselves per cannon of previous films or actors with that point included. Not like how Ewan Mcgregor channeled Sir Alec Guinness for the Star Wars Prequels to connect the trilogies.


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 10-19-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: To add
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #518
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,553
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Other than The Incredible Hulk finds Bruce Banner in Brazil, 5 years after the first movie ends and Brazil and TIH explicitly states he's been 5 years without incident....

Yeah, no connection at all.
That's because the Incredible Hulk was originally intended to be a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk. But when Norton came on board, he turned Zak Penn's sequel script into a reboot which Marvel Studios and the director agreed to do. Even Louis Leterrier came out saying that the only connection between the two films was that Bruce Banner was in South America.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #519
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,553
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
The only incongruities from Hulk > TIH are that they added the super soldier serum and the recast. Otherwise they line up as a narrative rather well, and Ang Lee's Hulk move helps inform MCU Hulk's turn from public enemy #1, to anti-hero to hero.
They really don't line up at all. The Incredible Hulk completely changed the origin of the Hulk from Bruce Banner developing nanomeds and the scientific accident that turned him into the Hulk was Banner shielding someone from the gamma radiation to a combination of the TV show and Ultimate Hulk. The origin is from two very different circumstances. It's different in style and tone and pays no references at all to Ang Lee's film.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #520
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
They really don't line up at all. The Incredible Hulk completely changed the origin of the Hulk from Bruce Banner developing nanomeds and the scientific accident that turned him into the Hulk was Banner shielding someone from the gamma radiation to a combination of the TV show and Ultimate Hulk. The origin is from two very different circumstances. It's different in style and tone and pays no references at all to Ang Lee's film.
And with all that you pointed out about how it should be characterized as a reboot. officially its not a reboot.. I rest my case

And to add. Maybe the answer is an implied reboot is not a reboot if any aspect of the previous movie cannon is utilized no matter how many changes from the source material from previous movie in respect to the sequel (or prequel).


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 10-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #521
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,553
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
And with all that you pointed out about how it should be characterized as a reboot. officially its not a reboot.. I rest my case
Except officially it is a reboot. This is an article from the L.A. Times:

In the case of "Hulk," after another writer's treatment was declined in early 2006, Marvel hired [Zak] Penn, who wrote three drafts over a year. By spring 2007, Penn was about to go off to promote his movie "The Grand," but the studio and the director, Louis Leterrier ("The Transporter"), still felt that the screenplay needed work.

When Norton came in to meet about starring as Banner in April, the film had already been greenlighted and there were just three months before shooting was scheduled to begin, just after Independence Day. But Norton had well-established (if underground) writing experience and strong ideas about how to separate the film from any confusion over its connection to the 2003 Ang Lee version by casting it in a more distinct, starting-over vein like "Batman Begins" or "Casino Royale."

So Norton's initial deal included payment not just for his acting services but for his writing talents too, with his draft contractually stipulated to be turned around in less than a month. As it turned out, Norton delayed work on another screenplay job to do "Hulk," and he continues to tweak the script as principal photography hits its halfway point outside Toronto.


Quote:
And to add. Maybe the answer is an implied reboot is not a reboot if any aspect of the previous movie cannon is utilized no matter how many changes from the source material from previous movie in respect to the sequel (or prequel).
The only reason why it has had some aspects of the previous Hulk film was because it originally started off as a sequel. The original script that Zak Penn wrote was indeed a psuedo-sequel to Ang Lee's original film. It changed though once Norton came on board. Norton didn't dramatically change the script (hence why he wasn't credited), but he tweaked it enough so that almost all actual connections to the first film were gone.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #522
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Except officially it is a reboot. This is an article from the L.A. Times:

In the case of "Hulk," after another writer's treatment was declined in early 2006, Marvel hired [Zak] Penn, who wrote three drafts over a year. By spring 2007, Penn was about to go off to promote his movie "The Grand," but the studio and the director, Louis Leterrier ("The Transporter"), still felt that the screenplay needed work.

When Norton came in to meet about starring as Banner in April, the film had already been greenlighted and there were just three months before shooting was scheduled to begin, just after Independence Day. But Norton had well-established (if underground) writing experience and strong ideas about how to separate the film from any confusion over its connection to the 2003 Ang Lee version by casting it in a more distinct, starting-over vein like "Batman Begins" or "Casino Royale."

So Norton's initial deal included payment not just for his acting services but for his writing talents too, with his draft contractually stipulated to be turned around in less than a month. As it turned out, Norton delayed work on another screenplay job to do "Hulk," and he continues to tweak the script as principal photography hits its halfway point outside Toronto.



The only reason why it has had some aspects of the previous Hulk film was because it originally started off as a sequel. The original script that Zak Penn wrote was indeed a psuedo-sequel to Ang Lee's original film. It changed though once Norton came on board. Norton didn't dramatically change the script (hence why he wasn't credited), but he tweaked it enough so that almost all actual connections to the first film were gone.
Ok.. Funny it seems that it wasn't a reboot until the last second. Kinda what I wanted the XM-FC producers to do regarding of all the inconsistent aspects between the trilogy and FC to not stand firm that it was a direct prequel.

Whatever's clever.

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #523
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,553
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

To be fair, it wasn't a reboot until the last second. Also First Class pretty much treats X3 and Wolverine as if they never happened, it pretty much picks and chooses the films it wants as continuity (i.e. the Singer films), hence the inconsistencies.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #524
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
To be fair, it wasn't a reboot until the last second. Also First Class pretty much treats X3 and Wolverine as if they never happened, it pretty much picks and chooses the films it wants as continuity (i.e. the Singer films), hence the inconsistencies.
It wasn't a true reboot until Norton rewrote it. The first three drafts were treated as a sequel. And as far as picking and choosing film continuity, I'd love to know how they (Fox) felt they can do that???

Then when you look at these inconsistencies with even X-1 and X-2

1) In X-Men, Professor Xavier claims he met Erik Lehnsherr when he was 17, in X-Men: First Class he is considerably older during their first meeting.

2) In X-Men, Prof X seems confused as to how Magneto has found a way to shield himself from Cerebro, but in X-Men: First Class, Xavier sees Magneto's helmet and knows what it can do.

3) In X-Men, Prof X says that he and Magneto collaborated on the construction of Cerebro, but in X-Men: First Class, Cerebro was designed by Hank (Beast). The original was constructed by the CIA, and whichever version ends up at the X Mansion is of unknown origin but was definitely built after the Xavier/Magneto split.

4) In X-Men, we wee a different X Mansion from the one that appears in X-Men: First Class.

5) In X-Men: First Class we see Hank turn into the blue furry Beast as a young man in the year 1963. In X2: X-Men United Dr. Hank McCoy appears in a television interview and he is not blue and furry.(though I believed it was explained that some kind of optical image disguise just don't know if that explanation was official or from fan logic)

They obviously didn't work too hard to make sure that the prequel to x1 and x2 linked that well

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #525
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

well i think vaughn didn't care about continuity he just wanted to make a good film i think he said he didn't want to be a slave to the previous film he made choices artistically that he felt fit his vision

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.