The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #576
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Yeah it's likely but the fact that FOX is seemingly waiting till the last minute getting people who hope the rights would revert back to marvel is infuriating.

I mean seriously FOX? Your going to wait until the 6th year of a 7 year deadline to make a film that most fans would love to see done at another studio?

It might be petty or meaningless but I'm prepared to just boycott FOX indefinitely at this point.

Not saying a company shouldn't be able to make a living. But that song "No when to hold'em and know when to fold'em" comes to mind in this instance.

Sell the rights back to Marvel and make a profit that way. Tie FF up for anther 7 years and I'm going to ignore this studio for at least that long.
Fox should put Kenny Rogers in charge of their Marvel films.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #577
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
FOX doesn't have that many tentpole franchises, so I could see them trying to hold on to FF.
Which is quite irony when I read on how Avi Arad had to initially beg FOX to give X-men a chance.

Now FOX is holding on to Marvel franchises as if lives were at stake.....

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #578
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
FOX doesn't have that many tentpole franchises, so I could see them trying to hold on to FF.
Not sure about that, X men, Ice age, Rio, Night at the Museum, Alvin, Die hard, Taken, Alien, Avater, Chronicle, Simpsons, Planet of the Apes. I don't think they are as desperate as Sony and WB

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #579
YoungPrime
Banned User

Cool Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
But you do still realize that
I had an epiphany!

Now that Matthew Vaughn has bailed out (again) how about having Josh Trank drop F4's reboot for X-men.

I mean shouldn't the X-men franchise be priority anyway?

And if they do that leaves F4 to revert back to Marvel.

Plus like you said, F4 doesn't even have a date, script or actors lined up. And with Hobbit 3 not budging Fox is going to have to do something quick!

And no don't bring in Singer!

......He's too busy..uh producing or something.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #580
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
I had an epiphany!

Now that Matthew Vaughn has bailed out (again) how about having Josh Trank drop F4's reboot for X-men.

I mean shouldn't the X-men franchise be priority anyway?

And if they do that leaves F4 to revert back to Marvel.

Plus like you said, F4 doesn't even have a date, script or actors lined up. And with Hobbit 3 not budging Fox is going to have to do something quick!

And no don't bring in Singer!

......He's too busy..uh producing or something.
There's actually no reason to get excited about this news. It was planned with Fox's blessing with Vaughn moving to Secret Service which not coincidentally is being produced by Fox. And Vaughn being looked at to direct (which he will do). I will say with all this activity I's say Fox is hedging their bets (cause I didn't know Secret Service was even being developed) If they do lose the FF that they have more then enough projects to keep their money flowing and on a side note

Quote:
http://www.primaryignition.com/2012/...not-a-prequel/In other X-Men news, word has surfaced that The Wolverine, which will see Hugh Jackman reprise his role as the title character, is NOT a prequel, as X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class were.

“Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all,” director James Mangold revealed in an interview with Empire. ”Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him.”

Mangold said the film’s placement after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand was important to him from a creative standpoint.

“I wanted to be able to tell the story without the burden of handing it off to a film that already exists and having to conform to it,” he said. “The ideas of immortality reign very heavily in this story and the burden of immortality weighs heavily on Logan. For me that’s such an interesting part of Logan’s character that is nearly impossible to explore if you have a kind of league or team movie.”
Which mean to all that clowned me for saying they Fox continues to screw up continuity and that XM3-TLS is CANNON so XM-FC wasn't supposed retcon X-3 well here it is. THE LAST STAND exists so what was XM-FC? It should've been a reboot.

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #581
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

A prequel.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #582
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
A prequel.
To what? X-3 too?

Watch out, this is a trick question

Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #583
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Yes.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #584
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Yes.
Despite the Blaring continuity flaws between the films? like At the end of First Class, we see the incident that paralyzes Professor X from the waist down. Mind you, this movie takes place in the 60s. In the movie, The Last Stand, the opening scene shows Professor X walking, which is set to be 80s.

In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we also see Professor X standing at the end of the film.

Back to the Wolverine movie, during the escape of Three Mile Island, we see Emma Frost as a teenager. In First Class (which happens years before), she is an adult. Of course, they never mentioned her name in the movie, but the actress was credited as "Emma Frost."

In the first X-Men movie, Xavier states that his first meeting with Magneto was when they were teenagers. In First Class, they are grown men the first time they meet.

First Class establishes that Hank McCoy (Beast) was the one who built Cerebro. In the first movie, Professor X explains that he built it with the help of Magneto.

during the scene when Xavier uses Cerebro for the first time, we see a young Storm cameo. That would mean Storm in the trilogy should be about 50 years old.

In The Last Stand, Mystique becomes cured from her mutation, where we see her revert into a brunette. In First Class, she's a blonde. First Class also establishes that her blue form is her "true" form, which means she was born blue. If being "cured" in The Last Stand means she gains a human appearance, I'm going to assume that she had normal skin before her blueish scales. So which one came first?

Moira Mactaggert seems to look about the same age in both First Class and The Last Stand, which is set decades apart.

Seriously? I just so happened to post these in another form..

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #585
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Fox should put Kenny Rogers in charge of their Marvel films.
Sorry; he's too tied up with Jackass right now.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #586
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Yes.
And he's (older bald Professor X) walking at the end of X-Men Origins- Wolverine too..

Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #587
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Despite the Blaring continuity flaws between the films? like At the end of First Class, we see the incident that paralyzes Professor X from the waist down. Mind you, this movie takes place in the 60s. In the movie, The Last Stand, the opening scene shows Professor X walking, which is set to be 80s.

In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we also see Professor X standing at the end of the film.

Back to the Wolverine movie, during the escape of Three Mile Island, we see Emma Frost as a teenager. In First Class (which happens years before), she is an adult. Of course, they never mentioned her name in the movie, but the actress was credited as "Emma Frost."
She was actually just credited as Kayla's sister/Emma. So, wiggle room.

Quote:
In the first X-Men movie, Xavier states that his first meeting with Magneto was when they were teenagers. In First Class, they are grown men the first time they meet.
Creative license, so what.

Quote:
First Class establishes that Hank McCoy (Beast) was the one who built Cerebro. In the first movie, Professor X explains that he built it with the help of Magneto.
He built a Cerebro, it was destroyed at the end, who's to say Magneto doesn't help Xavier build another later on.

Quote:
during the scene when Xavier uses Cerebro for the first time, we see a young Storm cameo. That would mean Storm in the trilogy should be about 50 years old.
Black women tend to age really well. Again so what.

Quote:
In The Last Stand, Mystique becomes cured from her mutation, where we see her revert into a brunette. In First Class, she's a blonde. First Class also establishes that her blue form is her "true" form, which means she was born blue. If being "cured" in The Last Stand means she gains a human appearance, I'm going to assume that she had normal skin before her blueish scales. So which one came first?
I don't know, it just strips them of the mutant gene, so I assume it strips of any physical attributes.

Quote:
Moira Mactaggert seems to look about the same age in both First Class and The Last Stand, which is set decades apart.
Again creative license, so what. Who cares if every little piece doesn't connect, it doesn't take away the enjoyment of the movies, people need to seriously just get over it.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #588
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
And that folks, is the answer to everything. Yep!! So you win. Just enjoy the lights on the screen, right??

Nobody really pays attention to this stuff anyway. Total waste hiring Millar to bring some continuity to the game.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #589
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

But I can't resist, Sorry

Quote:
She was actually just credited as Kayla's sister/Emma. So, wiggle room.
Wow, What a coincidence !! Emma/Emma Frost both having that diamond power. Wow

Quote:
No argument there.

Quote:
He built a Cerebro, it was destroyed at the end, who's to say Magneto doesn't help Xavier build another later on.
You could say that.. If it works for you. it works for me

Quote:
Black women tend to age really well. Again so what.
Yep, There's a virtual fountain of youth in every hood and 50's the new 30 anyway.

Quote:
I don't know, it just strips them of the mutant gene, so I assume it strips of any physical attributes.
Works for me!!

Quote:
Again creative license, so what. Who cares if every little piece doesn't connect, it doesn't take away the enjoyment of the movies, people need to seriously just get over it.
I know. Analytical people need to get a life..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 10-26-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #590
babykhris
Side-Kick

Looks like Ghost Rider & Spider-Man may be coming home

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz2APS85VUh

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #591
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Rumors of Sony selling off the film division have been going on for several years now. They have been having some major financial difficulties for quite some time.

Would love to get Spidey back at marvel.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #592
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
Looks Spider-Man may be coming home

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz2APS85VUh
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't want that character anywhere near Marvel Studios right now. Maybe in 5-10 years.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #593
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't want that character anywhere near Marvel Studios right now. Maybe in 5-10 years.
I want it back in 5-10 days. Keep most of the cast and the director.(provided he's okay with change. If not have Joss do it.)

Grab a new story writer and we've got a real Marvel movie.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #594
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Keep the director. Keep the leads. Get a better screenwriter/script. Whedon EP's. Done.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-26-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #595
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
I want it back in 5-10 days. Keep most of the cast and the director.(provided he's okay with change. If not have Joss do it.)
I'd actually be OK with it if this happened. If Webb were allowed to keep the tone he established and take it even further in the sequels, then I'd be happy. But MS would probably have him make it more comic-booky like the Avengers, or replace him with a veteran television director to do so. There would also be Avengers related cameos which I'm already sick of. Again, maybe in 10 years when an Avengers-centric focus is exorcised out of the system.

Thankfully I see none of that playing out in the near future so I can rest easy.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 10-26-2012 at 05:10 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #596
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Disney did buy Sony, then they could just develop ASM2 as a Marvel project. They should fix his costume though to make it more faithful to the comics.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #597
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
After reading... edit.. I don't understands why everybody thinks if it were to go back to Marvel that ASM had to be rebooted. Nothing in ASM contradicts anything that that happened in the MCU

They could keep it all

Meanwhile, back and the ranch..

I don't see Sony selling anytime soon. As that article says they got Skyfall, The Smurfs fir the kids and After Earth with Mega Star Will Smith and of course the Spider-Man windfall in 2015. But, they are in trouble and their profits are down ( and have been awhile) But they did do well in 2012 with ASM and MIB3 so..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 10-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #598
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah Marvel wouldnt reboot again. They would just make do with that they had. You wouldnt have to change much to make it a "Marvel" Spidey. Highly unlikely anyway, but it would be good news if it happened.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #599
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:

I don't see Sony selling anytime soon. As that article says they got Skyfall, The Smurfs fir the kids and After Earth with Mega Star Will Smith and of course the Spider-Man windfall in 2015. But, they are in trouble and their profits are down ( and have been awhile) But they did do well in 2012 with ASM and MIB3 so..
Agreed.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #600
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yeah Marvel wouldnt reboot again. They would just make do with that they had. You wouldnt have to change much to make it a "Marvel" Spidey. Highly unlikely anyway, but it would be good news if it happened.
Each Marvel film is slightly tweaked from the previous one anyway, and even the costumes are altered. IM3's tone seems to be different from IM2, for example. So they could easily make Spidey fit in with the MCU.