The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #51
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Two

I think over time I've come to enjoy The Last Stand more and more....

But saying that if it is retconned completely...or not...It wouldn't matter to me! I plan on enjoying First Class.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #52
DCUmoviepage
Across The Multiverse

Its all about possibilities. Maybe Shinobi Shaw appears in the future, or Beast's skin goes dark with the ages, but for now is all speculation if the prequels will be linked with The Last Stand or not, only the end of FC should say something. But a idea for a sequel as been previously commented by Singer, so we still have a chance too see Charles and Eric visitn a young Jean Gray on the "Second " Class. June is coming soon guys!

And best pics, just for comparation:
[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/11893/BeastX3.jpg[/IMG]

Darker Skin:

Younger beast:

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #53
DCUmoviepage
Across The Multiverse

Its all about possibilities. Maybe Shinobi Shaw appears in the future, or Beast's skin goes dark with the ages, but for now is all speculation if the prequels will be linked with The Last Stand or not, only the end of FC should say something. But a idea for a sequel as been previously commented by Singer, so we still have a chance too see Charles and Eric visitn a young Jean Gray on the "Second " Class. June is coming soon guys!

And best pics, just for comparation:
[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/11893/BeastX3.jpg[/IMG]

Darker Skin:

Younger beast:

Old 02-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #54
Legion
Side-Kick

Beast in this looks more like the werewolf form of Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula than "Cat Beast".

Old 02-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #55
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The problem is that you're trying to use this film (all 1 mins 51 seconds of it, so far) to validate your dislike of another film (TLS) and that, by trying to prove TLS is being ignored, that your opinion on disliking it is 'correct.'

Very fanboyish. Tsk tsk.

The look of First Class's Beast looks to me more like a Vaughn creation (he was going to use Cat Beast in his version of The Last Stand) and nothing to do with Singer. We've seen the conceptual artwork for Singer-Beast (which were exaggeratedly ape-like) and he has said he wanted his Beast to be all CGI. The First Class Beast isn't like this at all.

Similarly, this Angel Salvadore doesn't sound like Singer to me. It's Vaughn who wanted Stacy X (reptilian mutant prostitute) in his version of X3. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted this insectoid mutant stripper in First Class. The good thing is the look/design of Angel Salvadore is a marked improvement on the comics. She looks more like a dragonfly than a bluebottle, thank God. Makes me think of Dragonfly from the Ani-Men, who the X-Men fought in the storyline in which Thunderbird died.

Additionally, if TLS were being ignored, we'd be seeing the Warren Worthington version of Angel in this. Whether he'd be a naked prostitute as well is another matter, but I'm sure some wouldn't object.
Be thankful I'm not going to comment on the bolded (and very arrogant) statement in the quote above. Though I will reiterate, tsk tsk. You assume I'm judging this all based off of the teaser trailer, when there's a great possibility I know a lot more about this film.

They are ignoring certain aspects of 'The Last Stand'. Charles is paralyzed in 1962 and has his falling out with Magneto, yet twenty-some years later in 'The Last Stand', he's walking with his friend Erik to meet a young Jean Grey. Moira is around her late twenties in 1962. Yet some forty-some years later in 'The Last Stand', she is most definitely not in her early seventies.

You use an argument that if they were ignoring 'The Last Stand', they'd use Warren. No. They're making small continuity changes that allow the fans of Singers films who were disappointed with the most recent films to retcon the latter two films out of the continuity. However, these continuity changes are minor enough that if you do enjoy 'The Last Stand', you can watch 'First Class' all the way through to 'The Last Stand'. Granted, you may be a bit frustrated as there are some clear continuity changes. But there should be because 'Wolverine' and 'The Last Stand' were trash.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 02-16-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #56
JP
Smelly

Putting those images of Beast side by side really reiterates how much better he looks in First Class.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #57
protocida
Side-Kick

^ Aren't your comments about X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the people who enjoy it as arrogant as the statement made by X-Maniac which you deemed unfit?

Old 02-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #58
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
^ Aren't your comments about X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the people who enjoy it as arrogant as the statement made by X-Maniac which you deemed unfit?
Nope. I enjoy awful movies, too. Like 'The Last Airbender'. They say it's trash, but I like it. I was expressing my opinion. I was saying that I think those movies are garbage - I said nothing about those who enjoy them. X-Maniac, on the other hand, was verging on trolling when he made assumptions of me, then used those assumptions to call my actions "fanboyish". None of which was merited.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 02-16-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #59
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Putting those images of Beast side by side really reiterates how much better he looks in First Class.
I dissagree and support the thought that others have been expressing of him looking like something out of Coppola's Dracula.

The Kelsey Grammer Beast was Original/Classic Beast, a man that looked ferocious yet could very well look composed enough to be a US Senator. This thing belongs in a zoo.

Huge step down from The Last Stand.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #60
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

How is it a step down. I love Grammars Beast as he's identical to the one we got in the 90's series but the Beast in First Class is also incredibly awesome played by an incredibly gifted actor.

So what's the problem?

We've basically have gotten both of the main "popular" looks of Beast. Why complain...

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #61
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

How is it a step down. I love Grammars Beast as he's identical to the one we got in the 90's series but the Beast in First Class is also incredibly awesome played by an incredibly gifted actor.

So what's the problem?

We've basically have gotten both of the main "popular" looks of Beast. Why complain...

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #62
JP
Smelly

I think First Class Beast looks like something that could very well exist in the real world. You say "Coppola's Dracula" or "something that belongs in a zoo" and I fail to see how either statement is anything other than a compliment.

TLS Beast looks like Kelsey Grammer in blue make-up. He also moved like Kelsey Grammer in blue make up.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #63
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Be thankful I'm not going to comment on the bolded (and very arrogant) statement in the quote above. Though I will reiterate, tsk tsk. You assume I'm judging this all based off of the teaser trailer, when there's a great possibility I know a lot more about this film.

They are ignoring certain aspects of 'The Last Stand'. Charles is paralyzed in 1962 and has his falling out with Magneto, yet twenty-some years later in 'The Last Stand', he's walking with his friend Erik to meet a young Jean Grey. Moira is around her late twenties in 1962. Yet some forty-some years later in 'The Last Stand', she is most definitely not in her early seventies.

You use an argument that if they were ignoring 'The Last Stand', they'd use Warren. No. They're making small continuity changes that allow the fans of Singers films who were disappointed with the most recent films to retcon the latter two films out of the continuity. However, these continuity changes are minor enough that if you do enjoy 'The Last Stand', you can watch 'First Class' all the way through to 'The Last Stand'. Granted, you may be a bit frustrated as there are some clear continuity changes. But there should be because 'Wolverine' and 'The Last Stand' were trash.
Alright, so you say since the X3 intro scene at Jean's house and the small role Moira played in the film are being retconned, they're ignoring The Last Stand - but yet you also say Angel not being in the First Class roster doesn't in any way signify The Last Stand not being ignored. You're reaching there a bit

If The Last Stand was really wiped from continuity (or post-Singer continuity), any character, specially those that would apply to this "First Class", would have been up for grabs. That means Angel.

Vaughn may have re-invented Beast's look, but not necessarily the timeline in which The Last Stand and First Class both share.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #64
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Beast in First Class is also incredibly awesome played by an incredibly gifted actor.
Why do you think he's gifted? Have you seen anything he's in where its not a ten minute role? The only role that stands out for me (and doesn't say much) is him romancing Colin Firth in A Single Man - an amazing film from which I barely remember the kid.

And I don't know about you, but Classic Beast is the only Beast for me. Never dug when they changed his appearance in the comics.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #65
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
TLS Beast looks like Kelsey Grammer in blue make-up. He also moved like Kelsey Grammer in blue make up.
And that's what made it great. It was dream casting. Like Rourke playing Marv in Sin City and Reynolds playing Wade in Origins.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #66
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Why do you think he's gifted? Have you seen anything he's in where its not a ten minute role? The only role that stands out for me (and doesn't say much) is him romancing Colin Firth in A Single Man - an amazing film from which I barely remember the kid.

And I don't know about you, but Classic Beast is the only Beast for me. Never dug when they changed his appearance in the comics.
Yeah the movie is called "About a boy" you should watch it sometime. See I'm basing my opinion on a full fledge performances where he was the main character whereas you're using a 10 minute appearance to judge him...

I think the question is have you seen a movie where he's in more than 10 minutes? Judging by your post probably not.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #67
JP
Smelly

Quote:
And yet he's been that way for over 10 years. I'm guessing you don't really read the comics.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #68
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Yeah the movie is called "About a boy" you should watch it sometime.
Seen it, and the guy's far from being "incredibly gifted".

I really wish Vaughn woulda gotten Aaron Johnson. There's an incredibly gifted actor.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #69
JP
Smelly

I thought you hated Kick-Ass?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #70
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
And yet he's been that way for over 10 years. I'm guessing you don't really read the comics.
If you're starting a Cat Beast vs. Original Beast debate, you will lose. This is a comic book forum, you know?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #71
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
I thought you hated Kick-Ass?
Yeah, but not Johnson. He blew me away in Nowhere Boy.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #72
JP
Smelly

All I'm saying is pick up a comic book.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #73
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Alright, so you say since the X3 intro scene at Jean's house and the small role Moira played in the film are being retconned, they're ignoring The Last Stand - but yet you also say Angel not being in the First Class roster doesn't in any way signify The Last Stand not being ignored. You're reaching there a bit

If The Last Stand was really wiped from continuity (or post-Singer continuity), any character, specially those that would apply to this "First Class", would have been up for grabs. That means Angel.

Vaughn may have re-invented Beast's look, but not necessarily the timeline in which The Last Stand and First Class both share.
They can't totally wipe it away. Its too soon. They can create a movie that does not connect to it. But there is proof that they are ignoring certain aspects of it. Vaughn's referenced it in interviews, and both Vaughn and Singer know how disappointed most fans were with the last two movies. There are nods in this film that seem to say, "yeah, we didn't really care for those movies either." But, like I said, they can't totally dismiss 'The Last Stand' as there are some fans who want to keep it in the same continuity. That's why they didn't use Angel. That's why Singer and Vaughn are tip-toeing around the continuity errors... they're not really errors, they're just trying to take the franchise back to the quality that Singer had left it. But they acknowledge that some people like 'The Last Stand'. Not enough to get in the way of them making a great film, though.

And Beast looks way better than Grammer did.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #74
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Honestly, I love X-Men, but I have about 5 x-men comics.

So, continuity is something I don't give a crap about. Give me a good movie, that's all I ask.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #75
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

And let us not forget that we are entitled to our opinions, but that does not make them fact.