The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which Beast do you prefer?
Kelsey Grammer's Original/Classic Beast 41 54.67%
Nicholas Hoult's Cat Beast 34 45.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #76
SuperFerret
This guy

Default Re: Which Beast do you prefer? Kelsey Grammer's Classic Beast or Nicholas Hoult's Cat

I still think the blue is too pale.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #77
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Default Re: Which Beast do you prefer? Kelsey Grammer's Classic Beast or Nicholas Hoult's Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
It definitely looks more like Lee's than Cassaday's to me.
The only thing that looks like Cassaday's is the mouth, imo.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #78
Superhero 101
DESI

Kelsey Grammar Beast looks better so far....

Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #79
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I think the blue is too pale too.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #80
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

idk, it's probably just the lighting in that shot... I'll hold judgment, until we see some more shots, from different angles, different lighting
(also, that isn't necessarily the final version, they might still touch it up in post)

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #81
javphonic
Side-Kick

They look like they'd grow into each other with a few exceptions.. I prefer X3 Beast overall concept, but I love the clean-ness and details on XMF Beast, I really wish they would nix the line between the lip and nose for the young Beast and kept his eyes blue, it's too Mystique, I like the blue eyes on blue skin

javphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #82
PROLIFIK1
^

I prefer Kelsey Grammer's Beast compared to the First Class beast. I grew up watching the Fox animated series and Kelsey's reminded me of that beast. The way he talked too!

PROLIFIK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #83
Cassius

As far as the look, if I had tichoose, it would be X3 beast, but I will allways prefer the original furless, fun lovin nerd who loved to party, instead of the lab rat

Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #84
ALP
In The Mountains

First Class Beast looks great, but I'd like his hair longer!

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #85
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought Kelsey Grammer's Beast was spot-on, both his appearance and Grammer's acting. Considering I've seen basically a 2 second shot of Hoult in full-fledged Beast form, and haven't seen him act yet, I think it's a little premature to be making this comparison.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #86
demitri_vampiro
Side-Kick

i didn't like the x-3 beast because it looked like a man who was painted blue. his proportions are plain human instead of having disproportionately long arms and short legs.
i havent seen too much of first class beast, but it looks like he will look more like beast and not like a human so he gets my voice.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #87
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I'm starting to get a feeling that even though we've seen a lot out of Havok and Banshee, Beast is gonna steal this movie...I dunno.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #88
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

Kelsey Grammar did an amazing job as Beast, he pulled off the character to perfection. I'm trying to wait until First Class comes out until I decide which I prefer but honestly I think it'll come down to the way the actor's portray the character rather than on looks. Besides it'll be interesting to see Beast go through some serious character development during his younger years.

Cheshire1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #89
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Grammar was a way better casting choice but the design of Hoult's Beast is way better. I was not a fan of the wookie chest and arms.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #90
Glutton
Side-Kick

yeah visually the XMFC Beast is much better
[IMG][/URL][/IMG]
As for acting we shall see.I really liked Grammers performance.It's gonna be hard to beat that

Last edited by Glutton; 05-03-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #91
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Beast ultimately goes on to be the one to "take out" Magneto over 35 years later...I hope they give him some pretty cool scenes.

Last edited by SuperSoldier985; 05-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #92
Wefflehouse
Frick-frack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
[IMG][/URL][/IMG]
As for acting we shall see.I really liked Grammers performance.It's gonna be hard to beat that
Honestly, it wouldn't take much to beat it. Beast was one of the only good things in X3. That doesn't put the performance on some great level by any means. Grammer's voice was made for Beast and that was counted on through the film. I wasn't wholly impressed performance-wise. But maybe that's me.

Wefflehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #93
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

So do we know if Hoult has humungous feet in this pre-blue and fur? I thought I read that somewhere.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #94
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

His feet look pretty large in the short clip of him flipping in the air, but it's hard to tell...

Old 05-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #95
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
[IMG][/URL][/IMG]
Maybe it's me, but it's almost like looking at Classic Beast and Cat Beast.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #96
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

X3 Beast, he looked spectacular

XFC Beast looks meh

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #97
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

O RLY?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #98
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Love the recent pics of Nicholas Beast from Empire and New posters... Thats the way i would do it (dont like the claws, seems like plastic..)

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #99
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Grammers look always looked like a man with blue paint, not animal enought. has to feel like a beast like but inteligent creature..

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #100
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Grammers look always looked like a man with blue paint, not animal enought. has to feel like a beast like but inteligent creature..
I agree. That's why I was never that fond of the makeup job. The only thing that made X3 Beast remarkable was the casting choice. His actual mannerisms and appearance weren't that convincing.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote