The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which Beast do you prefer?
Kelsey Grammer's Original/Classic Beast 41 54.67%
Nicholas Hoult's Cat Beast 34 45.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #101
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which Beast do you prefer? Kelsey Grammer's Classic Beast or Nicholas Hoult's Cat

Seeing both Beasts next to each other, it really heightens how unimaginative they were with X3 Beast.

insane polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #102
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Default Re: Which Beast do you prefer? Kelsey Grammer's Classic Beast or Nicholas Hoult's Cat

I enjoyed Grammar...agreed he was one of the few bright spots in the film...

...I originally wasn't too big on Hoult's Beast, but its grown on me...

...I more happy that we're getting/got two takes of two interpretations of the character...

Old 05-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #103
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

I just hope they don't do anything to his voice.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #104
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Like what?

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #105
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
Like what?
make it all gravely and growly?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #106
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I like them both.
The XMFC Beast is about the best that the "cat" Beast can look, anything closer to the crap that's in the comics, and it would be laughed off the screen.
The X3 Beast is based upon the classic blue Beast, and I thought they did a good job with that. Maybe the hair could have been a little different to show off the pointed ears beneath, and I would have like to see the classic hair style, but the producers shot that down [looked too much like Wolverine!]. Grammer is completely covered in prosthetics, but he still show through.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #107
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I liked Kelsey Grammer's Beast.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #108
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Beast looks like a shoddy puppet in First Class, it's terrible. Needs to be fixed in a sequel.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #109
Superhero 101
DESI

yeah i hope he is more like X3 Beast i liked that look better

Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #110
Mako
Galactic Crusier

While I prefer the First Class look both have flaws in their designs and have been poorly executed in terms of movement.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #111
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Hoult's first reveal as furry Beast in the hangar was laughably bad, I thought. They could have, at least, trimmed the protruding hair in the neck (and back of neck) area.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #112
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Hoult's first reveal as furry Beast in the hangar was laughably bad, I thought. They could have, at least, trimmed the protruding hair in the neck (and back of neck) area.
I think his look came about mostly because Vaughn didn't like how Beast looked in X3, he thought it looked more like hair than fur.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #113
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I actually prefer Hoult's Beast, now I didnt like X3, but Grammar's Beast was a shining light in it, BUT, he just looked like a blue hairy man for me, Hoult's looks like a BEAST. I preferred the fighting style of Hoult's when he was in action as well, Grammar's Beast constantly looked like he was on wires while fighting, Hoult's Beast seemed more natural and feral, which I loved. Hoult's Beast does look a bit off at times in FC, but overall I loved his look.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 AM   #114
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Kelsey Grammer I was skeptical about but he nailed it big time.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #115
akfj
Side-Kick

I think the make-up job on Hoult looks better, but Grammer totally embodies Beast's personality, so I had to go with him.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #116
MilkmanDan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfj View Post
I think the make-up job on Hoult looks better, but Grammer totally embodies Beast's personality, so I had to go with him.
I was slightly disappointed by Grammer's Beast. They emphasiced Hank's intellectual side too much over his sense of humor. Beast has always been one of the funniest X-Men. Of course, since Morrison's run, he has been a bit more somber in comics as well.

MilkmanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #117
akfj
Side-Kick

It seems like they gave all of the humor to Wolverine, just like they gave him all of the leadership skills.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #118
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Beast looks like a shoddy puppet in First Class, it's terrible. Needs to be fixed in a sequel.
I wasn't a fan of the look either.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #119
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

I like to think of Beast Prime as the less mutated version of the Feral Beast in First Class. Hank McCoy is a genius so I wager he has been working on trying to reverse the effects of the failed serum as much as possible hence the less feral look of Kelset Grammer's Beast.

P.S. Still quite disappointed that Beast can't be an Avenger because of that whole movie rights thing.

- You only get so many chances to earn my trust. I'm not a very forgiving person.

The truth hurts:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-tobacco.html

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #120
OsGom
Mind-Taker

I think both captured Beast well at various points in the characters evolution. In FC I thought they captured his nerdiness but also his distain for his physical mutation.

X3 Beast was not bad for the mature and world weathered Hank. His encounter with Leech was kind of moving.

As for the look, First Class hands down. X3 was a little too Dr. Seuss for me.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #121
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Nicholas Hoult portrayed a much more complete character. Kelsey Grammer is almost doing an impersonation. Completely lacked the depth of Hoult's Beast.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #122
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Nicholas Hoult portrayed a much more complete character. Kelsey Grammer is almost doing an impersonation. Completely lacked the depth of Hoult's Beast.
I betcha if they continue with the X-Men movies in modern times they can change that and give him more depth. Don't blame Kelsey for what the writer(s) should have done. I think First Class opens up the door to better written movies for future post X3 movies to be better written.

- You only get so many chances to earn my trust. I'm not a very forgiving person.

The truth hurts:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-tobacco.html
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #123
roach
I am the night

i loved Kelsey as Beast...it was one of those inspired castings...like the minute you hear it you agree with it...like when Patrick Stewart was cast as Xavier.

I just didn't like the hands for feet on the Hoult version

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #124
Hugebear
Supervillain

I was watching the X3 on tv a few weeks ago and saw the scene where Beast calls Wolverine an animal and Wolverine say “Looks who talking”. I waited for Beast to say something smart back to him, being that he is smarter. But he didn’t and that felt weird.

Hugebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #125
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

in an extended cut of that scene, Beast actually growls at him, Which seemed way more out of character, so, at least they left that out of the final cut

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote