The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

http://thefriendlyassassin.com/archives/653

if this is true, Bungie will probaly have a hand in fixing mcc, the development of halo 5, and destiny 2 xbone exclusive.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 52,409
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft wants Bungie back. But does Bungie want to go back to Microsoft?

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft wants Bungie back. But does Bungie want to go back to Microsoft?
there's always that brolic check from ms.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 AM   #4
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 37,233
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

What would happen to Destiny?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:28 AM   #5
FortyMedusa
Stay Foolish Stay Hungry
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 203
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft wanted Bungie back and tbh I think Microsoft have the money to get them.

FortyMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 61,195
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

They left for a reason. Unless that reason no longer exists they'd need a big alternative reason to go back. And their rep has fallen with Destiny. They won't have blind faith from fans for new projects that they likely would have had.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 18,183
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post

if this is true, Bungie will probaly have a hand in fixing mcc, the development of halo 5, and destiny 2 xbone exclusive.
I don't think anybody can fix the MCC. That game is such a mess. If they can't even fix something as simple as the vibration for H3&4, I doubt that game will ever run smoothly. Online is still a joke, and it's been 3 months now. It was just a huge failure.

__________________

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
taigawithapen
A new kind of Wonder
 
taigawithapen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central City, Earth 2
Posts: 1,152
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
What would happen to Destiny?
I bet nothing for the time being since it was created as a multi-plat but if they decide to make a sequel it could be exclusive. Doubtful since Sony would probably through a fit but it could.

__________________
GOALS:
Slam a revolving door.
SURVIVE THE BvS THIRST
taigawithapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #9
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Could they sell Destiny to activision?

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #10
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,381
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Could they sell Destiny to activision?
If they own the IP, absolutely. Thats what Epic did with Gears of War. Sold the IP to MS.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #11
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They left for a reason. Unless that reason no longer exists they'd need a big alternative reason to go back. And their rep has fallen with Destiny. They won't have blind faith from fans for new projects that they likely would have had.
a big fat check from M$... they got deep ass pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I don't think anybody can fix the MCC. That game is such a mess. If they can't even fix something as simple as the vibration for H3&4, I doubt that game will ever run smoothly. Online is still a joke, and it's been 3 months now. It was just a huge failure.
what a shame. I didn't know halo's multiplayer was the main thing about the game. I thought halo was known for its story.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #12
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 61,195
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
a big fat check from M$... they got deep ass pockets.
They already had the big fat check option when they were at Microsoft and central to their strategy. I don't think it's a money issue as Microsft would have paid whatever they would pay now back then, probably more as Bungie were untarnished at that point. I got the feeling Bungie wanted to do their own thing and be able to stop the intense focus on doing Halos and release whatever they wanted to the whole gamer audience (rather than just one set of fans). Plus Microsoft have enough cash to buy nearly all the game developers outright but they rarely do. Winning a console race doesn't necessarily mean good profitability or good value to shareholders, especially as you lose a big part of the asset's value (the price and excess you're paying for) when you turn a studio or game exclusive.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #13
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 28,871
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

It makes little sense on the part of Bungie to do so. Sure, MS can offer them huge money, but it seems they're able to make fairly huge money on their own, and on multiple platforms.

Honestly, it doesn't even seem to make a lot of sense to me for MS. Has 343's Halo entries dropped a significant amount as far as sales go? Or maybe they want the Destiny franchise as an exclusive franchise considering how well it's done?

I don't know, neither side seems to have a logical reason to want the other.

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They already had the big fat check option when they were at Microsoft and central to their strategy. I don't think it's a money issue as Microsft would have paid whatever they would pay now back then, probably more as Bungie were untarnished at that point. I got the feeling Bungie wanted to do their own thing and be able to stop the intense focus on doing Halos and release whatever they wanted to the whole gamer audience (rather than just one set of fans). Plus Microsoft have enough cash to buy nearly all the game developers outright but they rarely do. Winning a console race doesn't necessarily mean good profitability or good value to shareholders, especially as you lose a big part of the asset's value (the price and excess you're paying for) when you turn a studio or game exclusive.
I think m$ is worried about halo 5 though, like maybe 343 is having the same online trouble with it as they did for mcc and for that they want bungie back. if not buy them back, maybe they can bring them back to co-develop it with 343.

do you think they miss it? wasn't there a halo easter egg in destiny?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #15
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 61,195
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I think m$ is worried about halo 5 though, like maybe 343 is having the same online trouble with it as they did for mcc and for that they want bungie back. if not buy them back, maybe they can bring them back to co-develop it with 343.

do you think they miss it? wasn't there a halo easter egg in destiny?
Too late to help with Halo 5. Halo 6 sure but I think Bungie might have left to do things other than Halo. Also not much point using "m$" in every post.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #16
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

How ****ing hard is it to buy some more servers, and properly test a game?

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #17
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Too late to help with Halo 5. Halo 6 sure but I think Bungie might have left to do things other than Halo. Also not much point using "m$" in every post.
i just do m$ because I saw it elsewhere, quite often. I didn't think it was bothersome. does it bother you?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #18
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 28,871
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

M$ is generally used to reference Microsoft moneyhatting someone, which happened a lot last gen. Just sort of a thing that stuck, though it's meant as being derogatory

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #19
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

I wasn't aware of that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #20
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

I hate Microsoft as much as the next guy but I just call it Microsoft.

Though I do call the Xbox One the Xbone, partially because it's derogative, but also because it's just catchy.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #21
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I hate Microsoft as much as the next guy but I just call it Microsoft.

Though I do call the Xbox One the Xbone, partially because it's derogative, but also because it's just catchy.
didn't you own an xbone at some point?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #22
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Yep. And I had the buyer's regret.

Though to be fair, if I had gotten with a good game, I might have kept it. But it was Unity. So, yeah.

I also hate the Wii U, but I own one, cause how else am I going to play Nintendo games.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #23
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

hm. good point. I know a guy who bought a wii u just for smash.

and with all the smack talk people give about unity, one thing no one can deny is the fact that the game has some damn impressive visuals.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #24
Benstamania
Han Shot First
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Traveling Through Hyperspace
Posts: 21,174
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They left for a reason. Unless that reason no longer exists they'd need a big alternative reason to go back. And their rep has fallen with Destiny. They won't have blind faith from fans for new projects that they likely would have had.
I think Bungie left because they expected greener grass on the other side and it didn't happen.

__________________
"Chewie, We're home!"

Xbox Live: OverBenthousand
Nintendo Network ID: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #25
Benstamania
Han Shot First
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Traveling Through Hyperspace
Posts: 21,174
Default Re: Rumor: Microsoft to buy Bungie back?

I never understood company hate. I like Sony the least..but I don't HATE them. I'd probably recommend the WiiU to people over anything right now. It has games that are fun aaaaand they work.

__________________
"Chewie, We're home!"

Xbox Live: OverBenthousand
Nintendo Network ID: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.