The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Default Xbox One Games: The Real Meat Around The Bone

While we do have a thread for the Xbox One, I can't help but feel as if it's become a thread pretty much about hardware with endless discussions about media features, redesigns, HDD, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything, but too often talks about actual games get buried in that cycle, so I figured I'd start a thread for discussion of Xbox One games. Big games will most likely get there own thread I know, but I'm hoping this will be a bit of a haven for discussion about smaller titles or something along those lines.

To kick things off, I'll bring up a recent, fairly stealthy XBLA release called D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. Apparently, this is an adventure style game like the Telltale games from a cult favorite director. Been thinking about picking it up.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default Re: Xbox One Games: The Real Meat Around The Bone

well the thing with this thread is... don't xbone exclusive games usually get their own dedicated threads anyways?

i'm ready to see what foriza horizon 2's got to stock up against last year's forza 5 (it came out last year right?)

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
well the thing with this thread is... don't xbone exclusive games usually get their own dedicated threads anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Big games will most likely get there own thread I know, but I'm hoping this will be a bit of a haven for discussion about smaller titles or something along those lines.
I mean, talk about any Bone games you want to, but honestly, with as slow as this board is, there's not going to be much point in creating threads for games that aren't going to be discussed much. That's what, ideally, a general thread is for. The Xbox One thread would be good for that, but at this point, that and the PS4 thread have just become an endless cycle of discussion about hardware and media playback. I really wanted to create something focused on game discussion.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Benstamania
Vote Trump 2016

Thank you.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:

I mean, talk about any Bone games you want to, but honestly, with as slow as this board is, there's not going to be much point in creating threads for games that aren't going to be discussed much. That's what, ideally, a general thread is for. The Xbox One thread would be good for that, but at this point, that and the PS4 thread have just become an endless cycle of discussion about hardware and media playback. I really wanted to create something focused on game discussion.
oh ****, my bad I admit I started skimmin your OP

this thread is a good idea I suppose, but I feel like it may blend into the topics of the xbone thread

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 09-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:

i'm ready to see what foriza horizon 2's got to stock up against last year's forza 5 (it came out last year right?)
I think Horizon 2 will do far better than Forza 5, from a gamers perspective. Not saying it'll sell more(altho ill make a prediction and say it will), but I think you'll see much better reviews. One, Forza Horizon is a much more broad reaching game, for instance I think Benstamania is looking forward to it and he's not a sim racer. Im looking forward to it and i AM a sim fan. So it captures both audiences. Even with the "arcade" like settings found in Forza 5, its still, primarily aimed at petrol heads. And Forza 5 was a little thin, in both cars and tracks, which you can get away with in a game like Horizon, you cant get away with that in a sim racer.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
oh ****, my bad I admit I started skimmin your OP

this thread is a good idea I suppose, but I feel like it may blend into the topics of the xbone thread
Well as long as no one brings up media features, or the lack of removable HDD's or the like, we should be fine.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #8
Benstamania
Vote Trump 2016

Yeah I'm looking forward to FH2... Demo is awesome. However we're starting to get into that time where I'm gonna have to choose my games wisely. I simply can not and will not get every game coming out soon.. FH2.. Shadows of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive as well as the confirmed games that I'm getting of Halo MCC and CoD..

Something's gonna have to wait a few months, lol.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I think Horizon 2 will do far better than Forza 5, from a gamers perspective. Not saying it'll sell more(altho ill make a prediction and say it will), but I think you'll see much better reviews. One, Forza Horizon is a much more broad reaching game, for instance I think Benstamania is looking forward to it and he's not a sim racer. Im looking forward to it and i AM a sim fan. So it captures both audiences. Even with the "arcade" like settings found in Forza 5, its still, primarily aimed at petrol heads. And Forza 5 was a little thin, in both cars and tracks, which you can get away with in a game like Horizon, you cant get away with that in a sim racer.
it'll sell more, the xbone's got a higher install base now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Well as long as no one brings up media features, or the lack of removable HDD's or the like, we should be fine.
let's hope. but someone may mention it (kinda like you did just now LOL) and go off a tangent, you know

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 09-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #10
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Yeah I'm looking forward to FH2... Demo is awesome. However we're starting to get into that time where I'm gonna have to choose my games wisely. I simply can not and will not get every game coming out soon.. FH2.. Shadows of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive as well as the confirmed games that I'm getting of Halo MCC and CoD..

Something's gonna have to wait a few months, lol.
Haha yea its getting crowded, finally. I mentioned in another thread but the games I plan to snag for my X1, on launch are:

Forza Horizon 2 (9/30)
Shadows of Mordor(9/30)
NBA 2K15 (10/7)
Halo: MCC (11/11)
Assassins Creed: Unity (11/11)
GTA V (11/18)
WWE 2K15 (11/18) (possibly, not a WWF fan any more, but Sting is gonna be in this.)
FarCry 4 (11/18)

Others that I might get at a slightly later date include, Alien(altho my sister is prob gonna snag that for the PS4), Evil Within and Crimes and Punishment: Sherlock Holmes.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 09-23-2014 at 04:11 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

The Evil Within and Korra are the only two Xbone titles I'll be getting day one over the next few months. Probably end up picking up several come Black Friday, though. Sleeping Dogs: DE, Alien: Isolation (if it ends being any good), and Dead Rising 3 are sort of what I have my eye on.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Soapy
On the Nightrain

Quote:
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die.
Reason number one that makes me want to buy an Xbox. Now I just need five or six more and I'll pull the trigger.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #13
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Sunset Overdrive looks like crazy fun. Hope it gets good reviews.

X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #14
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

can anybody tell me about scalebound? coz that to me looks like the most interesting xbone game i've ever seen, you know

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 09-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Is Titanfall a good game? I realize it's short, and certainly not worth 60 dollars.

But is it worth let's say 20?

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #16
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Is Titanfall a good game? I realize it's short, and certainly not worth 60 dollars.

from what I've heard, it's totally online MP. no single player story/campaign mode.
so if you had issues with Destiny in that regard, you probably wouldn't want to pay full price for Titanfall either.

but for $20-$30, sure, why not. as long as you know what type of game you're getting.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #17
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

It's basically Call of Duty with mechs and no single player. Don't expect anything more than that. If you are looking for a MP that is easy to learn and quick to play, yes, but if you are looking for some deep rich narrative as to why these two factions are fighting, nope, look elsewhere. IT IS A MULTIPLAYER ONLY TITLE. I can't stress that enough. NO CO OP, NO SINGLE PLAYER. COMPETITIVE MULTI PLAYER ONLY!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #18
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Only guaranteed games left for me now are Horizon 2, GTA5 and Dragon Age. I've cooled on MCC though I still plan to get it, just not digitally. It's definitely something I see being done with quick since I don't care for MP. Evil Within I want to play, but not for full price. I love the scope of The Crew but the graphics have got me down on it at the moment. Plus I already have a FH2 to sink time into. I just don't know what to think about Sunset Overdrive. I loved Sleeping Dogs but won't pay full price for it but will happily pick it up during a deals with gold deal.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #19
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
can anybody tell me about scalebound? coz that to me looks like the most interesting xbone game i've ever seen, you know
There's not much information out there about it at this point. Most of what's been talked about is just concept. The director said it was a different genre than what he's done before (so that rules out adventure, action, and survival horror), and that they are looking at doing something much different than what's out there currently.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
I loved Sleeping Dogs but won't pay full price for it but will happily pick it up during a deals with gold deal.
Yea that game has been free before for gold members, wouldn't doubt we'd see it again at some point on the X1 as a free game for Gold.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #21
X Knight
Watchful Protector

what about Crackdown? anyone interested in that?

Last edited by X Knight; 09-23-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #22
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

People were assuming it was like DMC based on the director, but he has stated that it's not a genre he's done before. Though, I guess one could argue that doesn't mean it won't technically be an action game, just not in the same style of DMC or Bayonetta.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #23
X Knight
Watchful Protector

ah, so it's not just DMC + dragons?? lol

I haven't really been following it much. if they announce you can create/customize your own character, then I might get interested.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #24
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
what about Crackdown? anyone interested in that?
I never was a big Crackdwown fan, but ill keep an eye on this new one.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
There's not much information out there about it at this point. Most of what's been talked about is just concept. The director said it was a different genre than what he's done before (so that rules out adventure, action, and survival horror), and that they are looking at doing something much different than what's out there currently.
well I think it's got something to do with dragons.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha