The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #526
Tony007
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
In the preface:

"Being the Neapolitan Mastiff Attack Dog that I am, I followed that poodleís scent back to itís territory from which it came. It lead to Marvelís offices here in New York City."

He's claiming the information CAME from those offices. And I'm just telling you guys.... That is VERY unlikely.

VERY.

-R
I think this is all a bluff and it all came bcoz of their little problem with Marvel a few days ago.

I mean, when are we gonna confirm this? in 2015 after we watch Avengers 2 and actually see the credits scene and if that scene doesn't actually happens I don't think people are gonna remember about this day but today they're all getting all congratulated and telling them how good they are at getting this "scoops"

Tony007 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #527
Tony007
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Th Smile Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well it depends on your personal opinion. The news doesn't necessarily mean that Thanos will be completely defeated in phase 2, but I've been of the opinion that they will deal with him in, if not a conclusive manner, one that keeps him from being the main threat of Phase 3. Going from the comic lore and how they've handled the films so far, I figure Thanos gets his hands on either the cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet and he gets sent packing.


Not in the MCU, which already has an Illuminati-esque World Security Council.


I don't think A3 will be completely based on WWH, it will just be an element of the film. WWH may be rolled into a bigger plot that includes that pertains to what aliens are invading the Earth.

Thx for clearing that up

Tony007 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #528
Robin91939
Master Tim
 
Robin91939's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,686
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
I think this is all a bluff and it all came bcoz of their little problem with Marvel a few days ago.

I mean, when are we gonna confirm this? in 2015 after we watch Avengers 2 and actually see the credits scene and if that scene doesn't actually happens I don't think people are gonna remember about this day but today they're all getting all congratulated and telling them how good they are at getting this "scoops"
Oh, I know and get that we really don't know and won't know for another few years...

I'm just telling people who LOVE or HATE this idea to really take it with a huge grain of salt...if not to not believe it at all.

I have been on this site for a very long time... I have never claimed to have inside information of really anything before, ever.

But here I do. I did work there. I am familiar with the goings-on of how they operate. I really, REALY doubt that they would have MAJOR plot points for a big comic story (when I was there we were working on Siege and that was under lock and key) let alone major plot points for The Avengers 2 which is being currently written and The Avengers 3 which hasn't even had a word written yet... Especially not if the information was found in the Marvel Office of New York City...

That's all.

-R

__________________
My posts are facts, not opinion. Enjoy.
Robin91939 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #529
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,276
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Big fan of the guys at Latino Review and can't argue with their scoops, they kill it with scoops.

My problem is the general public has made it clear they don't care about The Hulk in solo adventures or Hulkcentric plots, not sure that changes because he is in space. What's next? Hulk Takes Manhattan? Hulk Goes To Hell?
Well, speaking as one of those people who never cared about Hulk's solo ventures, I will say this sounds exciting to me. The reason I never connected with the Hulk movies is because Bruce Banner was just such a solemn, humorless bore, and his story consisted of him running from the army, reconnecting with Betty, doing something heroic but still going on the run, and lather, rinse, repeat. It seemed like that was all there was to the character. Whedon and Ruffalo already went a long way with remedying the Boring Banner part of that problem (Avengers was the first time I ever cared about Banner, instead of just waiting for him to transform), but then you throw in something like the plot of Planet Hulk, and it becomes a whole other animal entirely from those first two movies. One that I would actually be interested in. Especially if Avengers 2 does a good job of setting it up.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is online now  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #530
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 755
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
I will put myself on the side of the GA to make some questions because I just started getting interested in all this marvel stories since all the MCU started(I do have some notions of the stories and already watch the Planet Hulk movie so don't bother telling me the beginning).

1. With this scoops does it mean that Avengers 2 will be all about Thanos instead of waiting until Avengers 3(probably defeat him too?)

2. Inst it necessary for a Planet Hulk/WWH storyline introduction of the Illuminati?

3. If Avengers 3 actually centers in a WWH storyline could we say it would be actually a good choice? I mean, from what I saw in some comics I got the chance to read I was more anxious with the possible introduction of Ultron after or before Thanos or even better with the journey of Thanos looking for the infinity gems.


Edit: I have seen other scoops from the guy of Latino Review but this, probably because I don't know a lot about the stories but I don't think this can be true.
Feige hinted/stated that Thanos will be in GotG and A2 so it's a good chance he'll be the villain in A2. As for him being defeated I don't think so personally

I feel like the MCU version of the Illuminati is going to be something like IM Strange Fury and the Council of 12 from A1

It can be true because it's the perfect way to expand on the Hulk's character and if you really think about it the Hulk is what everyone wants to see not Banner so a film that focuses on the Hulk is perfect and I haven't seen the movie version but the comics does a great job of portraying the Hulk in a good light in the storyline of Planet Hulk

blalex620 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #531
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Oh, I know and get that we really don't know and won't know for another few years...

I'm just telling people who LOVE or HATE this idea to really take it with a huge grain of salt...if not to not believe it at all.

I have been on this site for a very long time... I have never claimed to have inside information of really anything before, ever.

But here I do. I did work there. I am familiar with the goings-on of how they operate. I really, REALY doubt that they would have MAJOR plot points for a big comic story (when I was there we were working on Siege and that was under lock and key) let alone major plot points for The Avengers 2 which is being currently written and The Avengers 3 which hasn't even had a word written yet... Especially not if the information was found in the Marvel Office of New York City...

That's all.

-R
I think it's a pretty safe scoop if nothing else. We've known that a Hulk movie was going to happen ever since the Avengers...or at least those of us who are good at following Marvel says and does have known. And in talking about a Hulk movie Feige specifically pointed out PH and WWH as two arcs they've been interested in adapting.

Also, Mark Ruffalo tweeted a few weeks back that Whedon talked with him about some stuff that's going down with Hulk. So the timing matches.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #532
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 755
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think it's a pretty safe scoop if nothing else. We've known that a Hulk movie was going to happen ever since the Avengers...or at least those of us who are good at following Marvel says and does have known. And in talking about a Hulk movie Feige specifically pointed out PH and WWH as two arcs they've been interested in adapting.

Also, Mark Ruffalo tweeted a few weeks back that Whedon talked with him about some stuff that's going down with Hulk. So the timing matches.
Also giving Whedon's statements about basically sticking a knife in the Avengers at the end of A2 fits with this perfectly

blalex620 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #533
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Yep. I believe The team is really going to implode in on itself. I wonder how Joss is going to make it so there's some type of positive message that comes out of the film?

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #534
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 755
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I think he may leave it on a kind of down note the way The Dark Knight was left on not too down but not a happy ending either

blalex620 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #535
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,420
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yep. I believe The team is really going to implode in on itself. I wonder how Joss is going to make it so there's some type of positive message that comes out of the film?
Think Emipre Strikes Back or TDK.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #536
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I figured that, but I just didn't think they'd end Avengers like that because the team just got together in the first film and to have them broken apart by the end of the second would just feel...odd. Especially since in the MCU the Avengers are a very small team still.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #537
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,420
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I figured that, but I just didn't think they'd end Avengers like that because the team just got together in the first film and to have them broken apart by the end of the second would just feel...odd. Especially since in the MCU the Avengers are a very small team still.
Honestly though, how many times are they going to be able to get away with the whole 'The Avengers save the day again' thing before it gets stale?

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #538
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

True, I guess they do have to spice things up and roll the dice more in the MCU. I wonder if we'll ever see a full Avengers roster with an Avengers Tower in the MCU though?

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #539
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 755
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Think Emipre Strikes Back or TDK.
Empire Strikes Back is the exact movie Whedon mentioned when he talked about A2 just remembered that

blalex620 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #540
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

The fact that Marvel is saying and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING today about Mayimbe's "huge, **** you Marvel Neapolitan mastiff attack dog 'scoop'" speaks volumes. If they'd gone after him with anything from cease & desist orders to strong denials (as he'd hoped) to just a polite "could you shut up now, please," then you could put some weight behind his words. The fact that they're ignoring him pretty much means he's full of ****, and knows it.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #541
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick
 
Son of Coul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,576
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Empire Strikes Back is the exact movie Whedon mentioned when he talked about A2 just remembered that
Yeah, but when he said it he said that he hates the cliffhanger ending of it, and that "Star Wars always wins" because it has an actual conclusion.

So while the tone may be similar the "downer ending" theory doesn't match up.

Son of Coul is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #542
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick
 
Son of Coul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,576
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The fact that Marvel is saying and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING today about Mayimbe's "huge, **** you Marvel Neapolitan mastiff attack dog 'scoop'" speaks volumes. If they'd gone after him with anything from cease & desist orders to strong denials (as he'd hoped) to just a polite "could you shut up now, please," then you could put some weight behind his words. The fact that they're ignoring him pretty much means he's full of ****, and knows it.
Disney should put out a press release:

"RE: EL MAYIMBE'S SCOOP

lol"

Son of Coul is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #543
DocHoliday
The King of Cool
 
DocHoliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I'm putting a lot of stock in this. Mayimbe's never really been wrong before. Dude has a track record. Yes, he's proud of that because that's his game.

__________________
A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal!
DocHoliday is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #544
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 20,669
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The fact that Marvel is saying and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING today about Mayimbe's "huge, **** you Marvel Neapolitan mastiff attack dog 'scoop'" speaks volumes. If they'd gone after him with anything from cease & desist orders to strong denials (as he'd hoped) to just a polite "could you shut up now, please," then you could put some weight behind his words. The fact that they're ignoring him pretty much means he's full of ****, and knows it.
Careful, he's a ninja. He stealthed right into their offices and probably cracked a safe or some **** right under everyone's nose.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #545
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I don't believe we're getting World War Hulk.

Planet Hulk, however, will probably happen in Phase III and El Mayimbe's probably right about that. I can't see Marvel completely ****ting all over what made Hulk great in Avengers and blowing their precious Avengers 3 spot completely on Hulk, making him the big bad.

I would prefer if Hulk stayed on Skaar (is that what the planet's called?) at the end of Planet Hulk and then re-join the team for Avengers 3 fighting whoever. It's all but confirmed that A2 will have a 'downer ending', and I think that might include the team disbanding. Hulk's gone, at least one of the team members/main characters is dead, not looking too good.

So that's why Phase III looks to include more new solo characters than sequels, and it'll probably look something like this:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2018: Planet Hulk, The Avengers 3

Considering the Avengers and superheroes are mostly gone and operating away from SHIELD, they'll look to Hank Pym to create a suitable substitute to the Avengers. Ultron and his army. When Ultron malfunctions the Avengers re-assemble to save the day.

What do you guys think?

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #546
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
I don't believe we're getting World War Hulk.

Planet Hulk, however, will probably happen in Phase III and El Mayimbe's probably right about that. I can't see Marvel completely ****ting all over what made Hulk great in Avengers and blowing their precious Avengers 3 spot completely on Hulk, making him the big bad.

I would prefer if Hulk stayed on Skaar (is that what the planet's called?) at the end of Planet Hulk and then re-join the team for Avengers 3 fighting whoever. It's all but confirmed that A2 will have a 'downer ending', and I think that might include the team disbanding. Hulk's gone, at least one of the team members/main characters is dead, not looking too good.

So that's why Phase III looks to include more new solo characters than sequels, and it'll probably look something like this:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2018: Planet Hulk, The Avengers 3

Considering the Avengers and superheroes are mostly gone and operating away from SHIELD, they'll look to Hank Pym to create a suitable substitute to the Avengers. Ultron and his army. When Ultron malfunctions the Avengers re-assemble to save the day.

What do you guys think?
While it may be likely that Iron Man gets a rest in Phase III (he'll already have five movies under his belt by the end of 2015, not even counting the post-credit cameos --- and there seem to be more of those on the way in other Phase II movies), don't you think that Cap deserves a third, too?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #547
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
While it may be likely that Iron Man gets a rest in Phase III (he'll already have five movies under his belt by the end of 2015, not even counting the post-credit cameos --- and there seem to be more of those on the way in other Phase II movies), don't you think that Cap deserves a third, too?
He deserves one, just whether Marvel will give him one is another question. If TWS sucks or bombs (or both), and Evans' enthusiasm towards the character gets lower and lower, I don't know whether they'll give him a third movie over new characters like BP and continuing to enlarge their cosmic universe.

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #548
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Nothing in the "scoop" struck me as being real when I first read it a few hours ago, it seems less likely now. It just doesn't make sense from a character standpoint right now. Hulk has just been established as a hero and on the very next outing their going to undo that? I don't think so, I call BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Also giving Whedon's statements about basically sticking a knife in the Avengers at the end of A2 fits with this perfectly
Now you're moving the goal posts slightly to make it fit better. Whedon never specified it being the end of the movie:

“The creation of the team is not the happy ending. It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I’m digging, just twist that knife. And that’s exciting for me.” - Whedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
I'm putting a lot of stock in this. Mayimbe's never really been wrong before. Dude has a track record. Yes, he's proud of that because that's his game.
He was utterly wrong on his Black Panther "scoop", saying it would be the second 2014 film with Cap2.

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/...place-wakanda/

Quote:
THE BLACK PANTHER is going to headline his own film!

How do I know? Let’s say I got it from FOUR different trusted sources.
5 weeks later Marvel announced Guardians of the Galaxy for 2014 & there hasn't been a peep about BP since.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #549
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,889
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

I don't think Thor or Cap are guaranteed anything in terms of third installments. They have already been given off-season releases since they aren't expected to make summer blockbuster money. Good opportunity to feature some other guys in the MCU at a lower budget.

Ant-Man is coming after Avengers 2, so that probably eliminates Ultron in Avengers 2. Still possible. Masters of Evil is possible or they may go directly to Thanos. I don't know how PIII will set up at that point other than the Hulk going to and returning from exhile.

At the end of PII, I think Hulk gets exhiled, someone dies. Probably Black Widow or Hawkeye. Thor ends up returning to another realm or loses his powers again. Iron Man is jettisoned to space something bad probably happens to him as well. Too many directions to project where they take this thing.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #550
DocHoliday
The King of Cool
 
DocHoliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Not to mention it looks as if they are going all in on TDW TWS. And Iron Man is any indication maybe two movies is all you need for these characters if there is cross over movies like The Avengers.

__________________
A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal!
DocHoliday is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.