Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #651
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Robert Downey Jr. To Return As Marvel’s Iron Man

Quote:
“I am Iron Man.”

Tony Stark’s famous closing line to the very first Iron Man film takes on new life today as Marvel is pleased to announce the signing of Robert Downey, Jr. to reprise the role of the “billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist.”

Under the two-picture agreement, Downey will star as Tony Stark/Iron Man in “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” and “Marvel’s The Avengers 3.” Downey is represented at CAA by Bryan Lourd, Jim Toth and Matt Leaf and by his attorneys Tom Hansen and Stewart Brookman of the firm Hansen Jacobson.

Downey, Jr.’s last two Marvel films, 2012’s “Marvel’s The Avengers” and this year’s “Iron Man 3,” rank as two of the top five grossing films of all time, collectively earning over $2.7 billion worldwide to date.

“Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is being written and directed by Joss Whedon. Featuring favorites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen, “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is slated to begin production in March 2014 and open in theaters May 1, 2015.

Thrilled by this mega announcement, Marvelites? Well, be sure you stay glued to Marvel.com because in the coming days and weeks and months, Marvel.com will be FIRST in the world to reveal additional casting updates, new characters coming to Marvel movies and so much more -- directly from the most secret meetings at Marvel! You wouldn't want to miss out on that now, would you?!
http://marvel.com/news/story/20786/r...rvels_iron_man

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #652
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

That is very good news - I figured it was a safe bet that we'd see him at least in the next Avengers film, but it's nice to know he'll be around for the third as well. Perhaps by then we could see him as the successor to Fury? Who knows...

Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #653
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Guess A2 and A3 are guaranteed to flop since RDJ is probably taking 80% box office commission off the top.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #654
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Guess A2 and A3 are guaranteed to flop since RDJ is probably taking 80% box office commission off the top.
oh the negativity

Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #655
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

‘Doctor Strange’ Movie Villains REVEALED!

Quote:
With Marvel’s Phase 2 currently underway. Details are beginning to emerge about the upcoming Phase 3 of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe! What kind of details? How about some bad guys for Marvel’s upcoming Doctor Strange movie!

Now that it’s official that Robert Downey Jr is only returning for Avengers sequels, what is Marvel to do in between those sequels since they got no more Iron Man standalone movies? How about a Doctor Strange movie! It is no secret that Feige has quite the boner for the self centered Nuerosurgeon turned Sorcerer. He told Frosty over at Collider:

“As we look past 2015, past Avengers 2 and Ant-Man, I think Dr. Strange should be one of the next movies in the years following that.”

Well, now that we know Doctor Strange is officially coming, we can EXCLUSIVELY tell you with 100% confirmation who the bad guys are in the movie! Ready? Here they are! First up…

DORMAMMU

Presented as one of the most powerful known mystical entities within the Marvel Universe, Doctor Strange refers to Dormammu as his “most terrible foe”; a threat to “the life of the universe itself”, that “at full power no one could stand against.” But that is not all! Also making an appearance as a secondary villain/henchman for Dormammu is…

KARL MORDO

Karl Mordo is one of Doctor Strange’s biggest foes in the comics and has quite the supporting role in the upcoming movie. Last but not least, making an appearance in a huge action sequence is a…

GIANT MINDLESS ONE

The mindless ones are extra-dimensional creatures summoned via magic to do the bidding of others (they have no will of their own).

So there you have it cool kids! Not one but THREE Marvel bad guys making their appearances in the upcoming Phase 3!

We got more Marvel Movie Phase 3 action coming so be sure to tune in on Monday!

What do you guys think? Excited? Let us know below and become one of campaign cool kids!
http://latino-review.com/2013/06/20/...ains-revealed/

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #656
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

WooHoooo!
Wait... was this Mayimbe that wrote this scoop?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #657
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
WooHoooo!
Wait... was this Mayimbe that wrote this scoop?
eh... maybe =P

Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #658
Endeavor

^ i see what you did there

Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #659
Aztec
Side-Kick

As to RDJ: Perfect! Amazing! Fantastic! I want an epic Avengers trilogy with the same cast and then they can recast as needed. I also don't need an IM4 personally (although I loved 3).

As to Mayimbe: what a scumbag! You want a scoop? Sit through my enormous paragraph where I beg for money! Is this a scoop or a Scientology meeting? What a tool! Just when I thought he couldn't get any lower. Creep!

As to his "scoop": I don't give him a shred of credibility anymore. However Dormammu and Mordo were "safe bets" because they are the only real villains of interest for Strange. This whole article was merely an excuse to squeeze money from the few remaining "cool kids" that are left. Jerk!

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #660
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
^ i see what you did there
My only regret is that I clicked that link to check, ultimately giving the article a hit. I hate that!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #661
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Going back to the Marvel.com announcement of RDJ returning, I thought the last line was interesting:
Quote:
be sure you stay glued to Marvel.com because in the coming days and weeks and months, Marvel.com will be FIRST in the world to reveal additional casting updates, new characters coming to Marvel movies and so much more -- directly from the most secret meetings at Marvel! You wouldn't want to miss out on that now, would you?!
They haven't been doing that until now, right?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #662
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
My only regret is that I clicked that link to check, ultimately giving the article a hit. I hate that!
I stuck to just reading the condensed version IrishAvenger gave us.
Quote:
Going back to the Marvel.com announcement of RDJ returning, I thought the last line was interesting:They haven't been doing that until now, right?
I don't think so but I did take note of that as well and will be checking them out more frequently from now on.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #663
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope this guarantees Avengers 3 in 2018!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #664
summerteeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
‘Doctor Strange’ Movie Villains REVEALED!

http://latino-review.com/2013/06/20/...ains-revealed/

Wow, you mean two of Doctor Strange's biggest villains in a relatively small rogues gallery might be in the film? Man how dd they get that information...

In all seriousness though I would love to see Shuma Gorath storyline where he takes over the ancient one. That way we don't have to see an origin story, but we would recount the origin of Doctor Strange as he has to come to the aid of his master. Plus Shuma Gorath is bad***

Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #665
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Going back to the Marvel.com announcement of RDJ returning, I thought the last line was interesting:They haven't been doing that until now, right?
I dunno. Maybe that means no press releases.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #666
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm wondering if we can see Beast and/or Wolverine in an Avengers movie.

Isn't Marvel able to use these characters along with Fox? I thought the contract said that if the characters were in both teams (Xmen and Avengers) both studios could use them (Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch)

Just wondering

Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #667
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Nope, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are in a very unique position in their film rights for reasons not entirely known. Unless Marvel hasn't told us something, it seems very, very, very unlikely Wolverine and Beast have similar leeway at this point in time.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #668
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerteeth View Post
Wow, you mean two of Doctor Strange's biggest villains in a relatively small rogues gallery might be in the film? Man how dd they get that information...

In all seriousness though I would love to see Shuma Gorath storyline where he takes over the ancient one. That way we don't have to see an origin story, but we would recount the origin of Doctor Strange as he has to come to the aid of his master. Plus Shuma Gorath is bad***
Shuma Gorath would be awesome!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #669
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Nope, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are in a very unique position in their film rights for reasons not entirely known. Unless Marvel hasn't told us something, it seems very, very, very unlikely Wolverine and Beast have similar leeway at this point in time.
Probably a side effect of being 95% Avengers characters.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #670
marcvader
Lurker #1

Lol true. I'd say Beast is about 30% and Wolvie 15%.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #671
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Another untitled film gets release date!

July 8th, 2016!

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 06-24-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #672
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I hope this guarantees Avengers 3 in 2018!
I think Avengers 3 is getting that May 2017 spot. ASM4 already has that May 2018 spot, and I don't think Marvel/Disney will move Avengers 3 elsewhere.

I'm puzzled at why Marvel and Disney are going the 2011 route for their 2016 releases. It's going to exacerbate the superhero 'fatigue'... why they didn't schedule their second 2016 film for November instead?

"Come Think With Us."
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #673
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:

July 8th, 2016!
if i had to guess it's Cap 3

Old 06-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #674
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
if i had to guess it's Cap 3
Yup, I agree.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #675
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:

July 8th, 2016!
So wait up. We got Spiderman out in June. Undoubtedly another Marvel movie early May. And now early July? I'd have to assume it is Thor 3 or Cap 3. Any smaller character would be going up against too much competition. I think they want PIII done in two years. Maybe the cast and crew just wants to be done with it.

Closed Thread