jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Vision doesn't make "sense," either. Other than the fact that Vin seems inexplicably to like the character enough to paste him on his FB page.
Quote:
That was my thought. They could very well be planning to use Ultron in A3.
I see Ultron being introduced as an AI, hell, maybe he already exists? and plays a part in avengers 2 as an AI, if it's more earth related. maybe pym shows up at some point, and at some point, the avengers have to fight ultron in vision's body, before he somehow get's turned good to help the avengers fight off thanos..and ultron get's an after credit scene of him building his body, and we learn more about him in A2?

I feel like if Diesel is in talks, it will be for a role in A2...so I'm just tryin to think of how vision would fall into avengers 2...

what is Vin's real last name? lol

Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #727
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Mark Sinclair Vincent.

I've got a feeling that Vin's not in contact with Marvel Studios at all, but with Fox, and made the usual mistake of assuming that all Marvel properties are under one roof.

My bet: Vin Diesel is the next big Thing. Clobberin' time.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #728
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Apparently Vin Diesel has written on his Facebook that he'll be at Hall H at SDCC in 2 weeks.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #729
Frico
Rollins

Did he delete it? Cause I'm not seeing it.

Clint Barton wasn't exposed to any extraordinary radiation. He has no X-gene, no mystical artifacts, and no bottomless bank account. He has just practiced, every single day.

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee
Old 07-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #730
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Mark Sinclair Vincent.

I've got a feeling that Vin's not in contact with Marvel Studios at all, but with Fox, and made the usual mistake of assuming that all Marvel properties are under one roof.

My bet: Vin Diesel is the next big Thing. Clobberin' time.
God, i hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #731
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Apparently Vin Diesel has written on his Facebook that he'll be at Hall H at SDCC in 2 weeks.
He's got Riddick coming out later this year and F&F7 next summer, so he may be there for one or both of those.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #732
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
Did he delete it? Cause I'm not seeing it.
I think he did. He wrote it in a "P.S." on one of his posts and on the sites I found linking to it, which is a Riddick spot; and it seems to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
He's got Riddick coming out later this year and F&F7 next summer, so he may be there for one or both of those.
Probably, especially since it looks like it was originally written on a Riddick video. But then again, since it's seemingly been removed, it could potentially be at the hands of Marvel.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #733
thesubverse

Yeah, he's listed on the Comic Con schedule for Friday as part of the Kick Ass 2/Riddick panel.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #734
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Very curious to know what part he was offered.

Quote:
Alec Baldwin & Marvel: Actor Turned Down Villain Role In Superhero Movie

In a recent interview with The Howard Stern Show, Alec Baldwin revealed that he passed up a major role.

"I have [been offered a role in a superhero movie], but I won't mention which one," Baldwin said in the interview. "I don't want to undo somebody because they hired someone else to do it. But they asked me to play a villain in one of these Marvel Comics movies."

While he didn't name the film, Marvel movies that hit theaters this summer include "Iron Man 3," "The Wolverine," and the upcoming "Kick-Ass 2." Additional upcoming Marvel films include "Thor: The Dark World," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and "Guardians of the Galaxy."

"I wasn't available," Baldwin explained. "They wanted me to work a certain time. And because of my wife's pregnancy, I had to turn down two films this summer that I wanted to do."

Baldwin and his wife Hilaria announced in February that Hilaria is pregnant with the couple's first child. Baldwin's lack of availability hasn't kept him off-screen in the short term: He co-stars in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine," in theaters now, and will next be seen in the upcoming film "Caught Stealing."

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #735
Mr. Dent

Collector
Norman
Bolivar Trask
Pierce

I think they're first choice would have always been Redford for Pierce, so that exes that. I don't think playing Norman would have interfered with his wife's pregnancy since it seems the role won't be that large in the film and it began in February so they could have just shot to match his schedule.

So that leaves Collector and Trask. I'd put my money on Trask.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #736
unman1234
Side-Kick

We are looking at the golden years of MCU. Thor2, Capt2, GotG, Avengers2 and Antman will all be better than any of the earlier MCU movies (even IronMan). 2nd movies are almost always better and the new directors are perfectly suited. The stories are finally coming together, freed of the required origin story, the required set up of key characters and free from keeping the tone light. The studio is dropping big bucks on the production and drawing top name writers and actors. The boxoffice on these four films are going to reflect it. The only question is will Marvel, moving forward leap to 3 films a year (late spring, summer and late fall positions). The audiences will be lining up.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #737
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Collector
Norman
Bolivar Trask
Pierce

I think they're first choice would have always been Redford for Pierce, so that exes that. I don't think playing Norman would have interfered with his wife's pregnancy since it seems the role won't be that large in the film and it began in February so they could have just shot to match his schedule.

So that leaves Collector and Trask. I'd put my money on Trask.
My exact same thought process. I could definitely see them going for him on Trask at first.

Or hell, maybe they originally wanted him for Nebula.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #738
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Well here is a link to the Disney XD schedule for the "Fandom" thing over the next few days. The most likely times we will see anything related to Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy will be at 8:00 pm on Tuesday, 12:00 am that same night(Technically Wednesday, but the sight calls it Tuesday), 8:00 pm on Wednesday, and 11:00 pm on Wednesday. Hope for the first showing on Tuesday is given by this description:

Quote:
"On The Red Carpet" host Rachel Smith and Disney XD Insider and Radio Disney on-air personality Morgan Tompkins give fans at home an all access pass to San Diego Comic-Con.
http://a.dolimg.com/xd/media/fandom/...m_schedule.pdf

Old 08-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #739
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Stupid rights question.

I read an article somewhere saying that Marvel's deal with FOX allows Marvel to use characters like Beast, Wolverine, quicksilver and Scarlet Witch because they are Avengers as well as X-men. Why doesn't Marvel just cast Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in AoA?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #740
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukNoris View Post
Stupid rights question.

I read an article somewhere saying that Marvel's deal with FOX allows Marvel to use characters like Beast, Wolverine, quicksilver and Scarlet Witch because they are Avengers as well as X-men. Why doesn't Marvel just cast Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in AoA?
I don't think they have rights to anyone other than Quicksilver and SW. FOX and Sony had the rights for their characters before Wolverine and Spider-Man became Avengers. And Beast is a mutant and X-Men first and foremost so FOX have the rights to him if we're not mistaken. The only reason the rights for SW and Quicksilver are with both is because while they did their stint in the Brotherhood, they're connected to the Avengers more than the X-Men and their mutant heritage. It took over 10 years after they were introduced before they even found out they were Magneto's kids.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #741
Mr. Dent

I don't think the twins being with the brotherhood has anything to do with Fox having the rights, it was too short a time. I think it's only because they're mutants they can use them.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #742
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't think the twins being with the brotherhood has anything to do with Fox having the rights, it was too short a time. I think it's only because they're mutants they can use them.
Very true.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 AM   #743
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukNoris View Post
Stupid rights question.

If it was that simple then Marvel would make every character an Avenger so they can have all there rights back.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #744
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
If it was that simple then Marvel would make every character an Avenger so they can have all there rights back.
At this point Marvel IS making everyone an Avenger. Like seriously can we get back to the time where being an Avenger actually meant something and wasn't just a free-for-all.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #745
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Well you can thank Bendis for that.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #746
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
At this point Marvel IS making everyone an Avenger. Like seriously can we get back to the time where being an Avenger actually meant something and wasn't just a free-for-all.
I agree Bendis ruined The Avengers. I can't even tell you who is and who isn't at this point.

Carrie/Machete Order: 4 films..Best Narrative Structure Possible
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #747
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Well you can thank Bendis for that.
Actually you can thank 50+ years of continuous stories. The roster of former Avengers members was already massive by the time Bendis and new Avengers came along.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #748
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

I blame the increasingly lax attitude of the chief editors over the last 10+ years for most of the problems Marvel is facing. Especially Quesadilla

edit: Marvel in print (comics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 08-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #749
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually you can thank 50+ years of continuous stories. The roster of former Avengers members was already massive by the time Bendis and new Avengers came along.
Yeah the roster has always been big, but the last decade it has became even more of an occurrence. Not going to name the heroes because I know what happens when they are mentioned on SHH, but some of them shouldn't be full time avengers. But it's all conjecture on my part.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #750
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

My thing is why are there multiple concurrent teams? Why is it that we can't even name the current line up of Avengers. Come next month there will be 5 official Avengers books and that's not even counting the few other books that use the name. It's like people said, it's gonna cause the line to eventually implode on itself. I understand calling it an Avengers title has them thinking it'll help sells but it's almost as annoying as seeing 1 character in 5 different books.