Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #751
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I blame the increasingly lax attitude of the chief editors over the last 10+ years for most of the problems Marvel is facing. Especially Quesadilla

edit: Marvel in print (comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Yeah the roster has always been big, but the last decade it has became even more of an occurrence. Not going to name the heroes because I know what happens when they are mentioned on SHH, but some of them shouldn't be full time avengers. But it's all conjecture on my part.
facts...

http://api.ning.com/files/rCB7xJnWu8...402&height=600

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #752
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace4 View Post
wasnt the first minority hero in the MCU Warmachine?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #753
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
wasnt the first minority hero in the MCU Warmachine?
Was about to say. Rhodey has been involved in superheroics all the way back to Iron Man 2.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #754
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Man I wish Sony and Fox would stop being butt munchers and give the rights to Spider Man and X-Men and Fantastic Four back to Marvel so the marvel cinematic universe would truly be complete. I mean who wouldn't want to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine interacting with RDJ Tony Stark/ Iron Man??!!! As well as Spidey joining the avengers team. I would probably die from a massive nerdgasm ha.

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 08-18-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #755
JOlsen
Side-Kick

Bah. Spider-Man works best alone. I dislike him in the Avengers group.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #756
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Also, Marvel wouldn't make all those movies. They don't have the money or the time.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #757
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Also, Marvel wouldn't make all those movies. They don't have the money or the time.
They have time and the money I am sure. Kevin Ferge already said they have movies planned out until 2021 or something like that. Marvel is rolling in dough right now from Avengers and Iron Man 3.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #758
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I mean who wouldn't want to see Spidey joining the avengers team?
me

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #759
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Man I wish Sony and Fox would stop being butt munchers and give the rights to Spider Man and X-Men and Fantastic Four back to Marvel so the marvel cinematic universe would truly be complete. I mean who wouldn't want to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine interacting with RDJ Tony Stark/ Iron Man??!!! As well as Spidey joining the avengers team. I would probably die from a massive nerdgasm ha.
That can happen without the rights going back. Not sure about Fox, but it's already known that Sony and Marvel have a good relationship with each other. So there's that.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #760
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

So guys, it's been announced that Miles Morales is coming to the 616 universe for good soon. Now, what does this mean for the MCU, well hear me out. If, I'm not sure since it's never been brought up, Marvel has the rights to Miles Morales and now that he's coming to 616 it's possible to see his version of Spider-Man in the MCU. I don't know much about the Ultimates line but I do know that the characters in the main line interact with each other a lot. And since Morales is coming to 616 it's pretty much sure that he'll be interacting with the rest of the characters a lot. This interaction would make it easy to translate him into the MCU because the MCU is all about how these characters interact in one universe.

The only thing that may make things a little weird is having two different Spider-Mans in the movies. The general audience might get a little confused. I know Morales has a big following and I'm sure they would love to see him in the MCU, plus it would be nice to have a main ethnic hero too.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #761
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
So guys, it's been announced that Miles Morales is coming to the 616 universe for good soon. Now, what does this mean for the MCU, well hear me out. If, I'm not sure since it's never been brought up, Marvel has the rights to Miles Morales and now that he's coming to 616 it's possible to see his version of Spider-Man in the MCU. I don't know much about the Ultimates line but I do know that the characters in the main line interact with each other a lot. And since Morales is coming to 616 it's pretty much sure that he'll be interacting with the rest of the characters a lot. This interaction would make it easy to translate him into the MCU because the MCU is all about how these characters interact in one universe.

The only thing that may make things a little weird is having two different Spider-Mans in the movies. The general audience might get a little confused. I know Morales has a big following and I'm sure they would love to see him in the MCU, plus it would be nice to have a main ethnic hero too.
I really wouldn't care for him being the Spider-Man we ended up with in the MCU. I just don't see the true Spider-Man that everyone wants joining anytime soon. For me, it's Peter Parker or no one at all.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #762
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Also, Sony would sue.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #763
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
me
Maybe not Spidey, but I am sure you wouldn't mind Hugh Jackman's Wolverine joining the Avengers.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #764
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That can happen without the rights going back. Not sure about Fox, but it's already known that Sony and Marvel have a good relationship with each other. So there's that.
Yea that would be great.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #765
roach
I am the night

Quote:
They have time and the money I am sure. Kevin Ferge already said they have movies planned out until 2021 or something like that. Marvel is rolling in dough right now from Avengers and Iron Man 3.
Marvel is actually not rolling in the dough...while Avengers and IM3 hit the bil not all that money went to Marvel.
Marvel has also been notoriously cheap and had no choice but pay RDJ or get a new IM. Marvel would be reluctant to pay Hugh Jackman the money that Fox is throwing at him.
As you said Marvel has their movies planned out til 2021. This would mean that either Marvel changes their plans or we wait til 2021 for a new X-men or Spider-man...which would mean all new actors.

The best thing for Marvel is for the X-men and Spider-man to stay where they are at for now. They'll get a percentage of the Box Office and have to do little to no work.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #766
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post

The contract with Sony would be for Spider-man and all related characters. I am pretty sure if Miles hit the big screen it would be under Sony.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #767
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Maybe not Spidey, but I am sure you wouldn't mind Hugh Jackman's Wolverine joining the Avengers.
why? Wolverine never was an Avenger in the comic books. He has no reason to join them in the MCU.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #768
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

FOX will not work with Marvel. Sony might

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #769
Lord
All Mighty

Fox has Mark Millar, who as useless as he may be right now can be the link between both studios, also, back when they were still 100% greedy and evil in the early 2000s they lent Kingpin to SONY for them to use him in the Spider-man MTV show.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #770
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Fox has Mark Millar, who as useless as he may be right now can be the link between both studios, also, back when they were still 100% greedy and evil in the early 2000s they lent Kingpin to SONY for them to use him in the Spider-man MTV show.
Other way round. Sony lent Kingpin to FOX.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #771
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
why? Wolverine never was an Avenger in the comic books. He has no reason to join them in the MCU.
He assisted them in the more recent comics. Plus Hugh Jackman has already said he would love to be in an Avengers movie as Wolverine.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #772
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
He assisted them in the more recent comics. Plus Hugh Jackman has already said he would love to be in an Avengers movie as Wolverine.
of course he would love to...
RDJ made 50.000.000 $ with the first Avengers movie, Jackman wants a paycheck like that too.
that doesn't mean that it is a good idea to put characters on the team that don't belong there (you read that, Bendis?)

ZWERG/ELF

Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #773
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
of course he would love to...
RDJ made 50.000.000 $ with the first Avengers movie, Jackman wants a paycheck like that too.
that doesn't mean that it is a good idea to put characters on the team that don't belong there (you read that, Bendis?)
Let's not get into a discussion on if Wolverine should be an Avenger or not because I for one don't have any problem with him being one. But it would not be wrong to include Wolverine in the MCU because whether you like it or not he IS an Avenger. Same as Spider-Man (and let's be honest, if anyone should be an Avenger it's Peter Parker).

And I didn't know if Sony had everything dealing with Spider-Man but that does make sense.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #774
Lord
All Mighty

Even before i started reading the comics i never liked Wolverine or Spider-Man in the Avengers, for some reason it just feels wrong. Same as The Thing in the Avengers

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #775
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Even before i started reading the comics i never liked Wolverine or Spider-Man in the Avengers, for some reason it just feels wrong. Same as The Thing in the Avengers
I'm pretty sure people have said the same thing about every hero on the Avengers at one point in time. As far as Spider-Man goes he embodies everything the Avengers stands for and it's good to see him recognizes as a great hero after all these years.