Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #826
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
What are your thoughts on how they will include The Guardians of the Galaxy in the Avengers after that movie comes out?
Not for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

A penultimate battle against Thanos where the Avengers may not be able to take him down by themselves? Maybe. But even then, it may only be Drax, Star Lord and Gamora.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #827
Donk
Side-Kick

i might be in the minority on this but i think including Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver in the Avengers before some other characters is a mistake. I mean once you start going the cosmic root i think a large majority of the characters become inaffective how are Black Widow and Hawkeye going to be of any use in battle against the mystical villians that will come next?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #828
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I hate when people use that argument. Normal people can do plenty of things against magic or space people, or whatever. I'm so glad the people who say that people aren't writers.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #829
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
i might be in the minority on this but i think including Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver in the Avengers before some other characters is a mistake. I mean once you start going the cosmic root i think a large majority of the characters become inaffective how are Black Widow and Hawkeye going to be of any use in battle against the mystical villians that will come next?
It's not like it's just those two. There's Stark, Thor, Cap, Hulk and soon to follow Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #830
Donk
Side-Kick

don't get me wrong i like the characters and can't wait to see what they do in the next movie. I think alot of my thoughts on this are from wanting to see some different heroes since they have so many they could bring into the fold.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #831
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
don't get me wrong i like the characters and can't wait to see what they do in the next movie. I think alot of my thoughts on this are from wanting to see some different heroes since they have so many they could bring into the fold.
They won't bring Ant Man or Dr. Strange in until Avengers 3, which will be after their movies are done.

If the Avengers need outside help, then Rhodey and Falcon would be used.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #832
Donk
Side-Kick

going completely off the current topic but what do you guys think are the chances of a Planet Hulk and World War Hulk movie ever being made?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #833
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
going completely off the current topic but what do you guys think are the chances of a Planet Hulk and World War Hulk movie ever being made?
The chances would be slim, I think. I don't see it happening as long as Mark Ruffalo plays Hulk.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #834
Donk
Side-Kick

i think it would be interesting and would open up a spot for another character to be brought into the Avengers fold for alittle variety. I know it wouldn't happen until part 4 or beyond with the current plans in place.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #835
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Depends on how much stock you put in El Mayimbe, aka Eh Maybe, over at Latino Review. His alleged big scoop that Marvel was penning a Planet Hulk movie was quickly shot down by Feige & Company, and lots of people (myself included) have accused him of being a Nostra-dumbass ever since; but lately he's been getting some surprising scoops right.

I definitely don't rule out the possibility of a Planet Hulk movie for Phase 3, but I'm sure it'd be significantly different from the source material. I consider the possibility of a World War Hulk *very* remote, however. If there's a Planet Hulk in the works, it most likely won't include any version of the Illuminati, and therefore won't require the sequel that sees Hulk coming back for vengeance against pretty much all humanity.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #836
Mr.M
Side-Kick

A new Hulk movie has to be completely different than anything we have seen already. It can't just be two hours of Hulk Smash on Earth. The scope has to be HUGE. Otherwise a character like Hulk is completely minimized in MCU terms. Hulk is supposed to be the most powerful hero in the MCU and his stories need to span a global scale.

World War Hulk or Planet Hulk are very viable options now, more so than isolated stories or incidents featuring General Ross or The Leader. I would suggest adapting both as a duology, film them back to back as one story, but Marvel would never give Hulk the time or budget, and frankly, Hulk doesn't warrant that attention at this time. But you need to capture that scale in order to do justice to that character. World War Hulk should also feature many other characters in the MCU.

Assumably, they want Thanos in A3. But don't think for a second a successful Planet Hulk movie in P3 would not have made an awesome transition to WWH in Avengers 3.

Last edited by Mr.M; 08-26-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #837
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

You know the way DC gave all their rights to one studio, why did Marvel not do the same?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #838
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
You know the way DC gave all their rights to one studio, why did Marvel not do the same?
Well, WB actually bought DC whereas Marvel had to go to the studios first (I think). Put it this way: can you imagine if Fox had control of ALL Marvel characters?

That's not a world I'd like to live in.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #839
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmm... sell your units at retail value to the highest bidder? I'm not a finance major but that should be obvious from a business standpoint.

Fox should have acquired everything when they had the chance. They also had an opportunity to acquire the entire NFL TV package years ago. They never seem to go all-in with these major acquisitions.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #840
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Well, WB actually bought DC whereas Marvel had to go to the studios first (I think). Put it this way: can you imagine if Fox had control of ALL Marvel characters?

That's not a world I'd like to live in.
I thought Iron Man 3 was made by FOX...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #841
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
I thought Iron Man 3 was made by FOX...
Take that crap to the Iron Man boards

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #842
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Take that crap to the Iron Man boards
I already did and apparently I didn't want to like the movie.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #843
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Marvel has to either wait for the rights to expire, cut a deal or buy the rights back if they want a property to return to them.

It isn't really a priority to Marvel right now. Marvel is still sitting on plenty of characters they think they can turn into viable franchises.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #844
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Marvel has to either wait for the rights to expire, cut a deal or buy the rights back if they want a property to return to them.

It isn't really a priority to Marvel right now. Marvel is still sitting on plenty of characters they think they can turn into viable franchises.
Meh. PIII looking really light now. Nothing of note aside from Cap/Thor 3, which is dependent on the PII installments. I am not sure how much they can realistically expect these characters to bank.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #845
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If Luke Cage is announced for Phase 3, he's going to have some sort of connection to the Avengers. Remember it's all one Universe.
Thats the problem with the MCU. Not everything should connect to them or SHIELD. It limits the possibilities and uniqueness of each new character

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Whedon doesn't like Danvers, mostly due to her powerset, we won't see her.
Get a director who is open to the possibility of using any character then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Hopefully they don't.
Absolutely. Guardians need to be kept away from Earth

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #846
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Meh. PIII looking really light now. Nothing of note aside from Cap/Thor 3, which is dependent on the PII installments. I am not sure how much they can realistically expect these characters to bank.
With only one Phase 3 movie announced so far it's premature to declare that it's going to be "light". Marvel won't make decisions on the rest of its 2016/2017 films until next spring, and they won't make any announcements until SDCC at the earliest.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #847
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
With only one Phase 3 movie announced so far it's premature to declare that it's going to be "light". Marvel won't make decisions on the rest of its 2016/2017 films until next spring, and they won't make any announcements until SDCC at the earliest.
What do you realistically expect? The only property that I could see people getting insanely excited about as of now are IM4 or Hulk 3. I mean Dr. Strange would be great and all, but most people would take a wait and see approach. Of course Thor/Cap 2 could be TDK/SM2 quality sequels and that would naturally build insane hype for third installments, but that's not a likely scenario.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #848
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Phase 3 will probably include Cap 3, Thor 3 and Avengers 3

Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #849
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
What are your thoughts on how they will include The Guardians of the Galaxy in the Avengers after that movie comes out?
I think GOTG contributes to Avengers by building up Thanos, in the same way that Thor's movie contributed to Avengers by building up Loki, except, with GOTG, the heroes don't come too. Now, I do think the GOTG should show up for Thanos' big finale in Avengers 3 in some way, but not necessarily as "Avengers."

Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #850
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Get a director who is open to the possibility of using any character then.
Whedon's kinda the godfather of the universe, and he has a good point. A director open to the idea doesn't change those two impetuses not to use her.

Closed Thread