The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Default If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

If they use him in the sequels he should look like this. Basically, he should be like the Ultimate Green Goblin, where instead of wearing a mask, he actually turns into a Goblin/Monster like creature. Now imagine that guy in the picture I posted wearing the traditional Goblin outfit, but a little more updated and gritty. Perhaps some purple rags, and a belt and *beep* Wouldn't that be better then Raimi's Power Ranger Green Goblin?

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

No picture came up.

For me I don't want an Ultimate Green Goblin look-alike. I would want an actual gruesome and menacing looking goblin-creature that has the glider and the works. It would make the surprise reveal that it is actually a man wearing a mask that much more surprising and awesome.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

No picture came up.

For me I don't want an Ultimate Green Goblin look-alike. I would want an actual gruesome and menacing looking goblin-creature that has the glider and the works. It would make the surprise reveal that it is actually a man wearing a mask that much more surprising and awesome.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Ultimate Doom
Side-Kick

I can see them doing something like this, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Its better than hulk-goblin

Ultimate Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Ultimate Doom
Side-Kick

I can see them doing something like this, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Its better than hulk-goblin

Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
chaseter
Bland User

Green Goblin should be a broken link? The horror!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
chaseter
Bland User

Also no Hulk Goblin.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Ultimate Doom
Side-Kick

Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

edit Hype lag

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Last edited by Hurm...; 02-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Edit: Hype Lag

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Last edited by Hurm...; 02-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

NO Hulk Goblin, if you ask me. I hate it.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Hmm.... Goblin looking like red x. That's absolutely terrifying. I think Bruce went over that as an idea before settling on becoming a bat, but he figured it was too red and crossy.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

I'd rather them go with a classic look...

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
TheSlag
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
No picture came up.

Amen!

And I would love to see the evil/madness lurking with a otherwise normal looking Osborn too. And MORE mind games.

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

No. No mutant/Hulk type Goblin. It's a shallow idea that stems from people thinking it would be cool if the Goblin wasn't simply a persona, but an actual transformation. It's cheap. I'd rather have a literal translation of the halloween costume-esque mainstream comics version if it came to a choice between that and this.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
Spider-Boy
Banned User

As long as it surpasses Raimi's Green Power Ranger. That's progress as far as I'm concerned.

Spider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

The picture came up for me? What the hell! Can you see this picture? And he wouldn't be as big as the hulk, he would be normal size.

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post

Also no Hulk Goblin.
I agree, by doing that it makes him lean closer towards the Hulk, and also if we're talking about a sequel, the previous film would have had a scientist who accidentaly transformed himself into a Lizard and then the sequel would have a scientist who willingly turned himself into a insane hulking goblin. I say they should use someone else like Shocker, Electro, or possibly Vulture. It would be cool to see Spidey beat up a thug in the first film, only to find out that the thug becomes Shocker in sequel.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #19
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
The picture came up for me? What the hell! Can you see this picture? And he wouldn't be as big as the hulk, he would be normal size.

Better than Hulk Goblin, but still, no thanks. I'd rather something like the Thunderbolts design, or the old concept art from SM1, or a mix of the two. I definitely want him to be wearing a mask.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #20
Knight Rise
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post

but there already is a Spawn movie

Knight Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

It's not about his size. It's changing his nature, which is pretty much betraying the essence of the character. He's a man in a costume with gadgets that's a bit nuts (no, not Batman ). He's not a Hadoken throwing mutant.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
TheSlag
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
No. No mutant/Hulk type Goblin. It's a shallow idea that stems from people thinking it would be cool if the Goblin wasn't simply a persona, but an actual transformation. It's cheap. I'd rather have a literal translation of the halloween costume-esque mainstream comics version if it came to a choice between that and this.
Agreed! I like some of the Alex Ross Goblin Artwork that he had prior to SM1.. sans the Sword mind you.

But the mask, and the overall costume effect was greatness!

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #23
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
Agreed! I like some of the Alex Ross Goblin Artwork that he had prior to SM1.. sans the Sword mind you.

Good memory. That was a good design. Didn't like his design for Spidey so much, but his Goblin was good. I thought the sword was cool, but it would look out of place with all his Goblin bombs and other tech.

Little note on his Goblin design. If you wear Alex Ross' Spidey suit in the first movie's official game then Goblin wears that suit instead of his movie suit.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
chaseter
Bland User

No Jekyl/Hyde transformations either. The best part of Norman comes from him being evil without the mask as well. He was a wolf in sheep's clothes and the Goblin persona let him live it out in public.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #25
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post

I agree, I always liked the medieval Goblin look. I could do without that particular glider, I personally like the one that looks like a bat

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote