The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #26
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Yeah, I'd rather not see the chopper-style glider.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #27
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
No Jekyl/Hyde transformations either. The best part of Norman comes from him being evil without the mask as well. He was a wolf in sheep's clothes and the Goblin persona let him live it out in public.
True, I'm not knocking Raimi's Spider-Man, but I always found it weird how the Goblin persona would just take over Norman randomly, I mean, it allowed him to have conversation with the real Norman, and allowed him to indulge in such family oriented activities such as Thanksgiving Dinner. I would think that if you underwent an experiment and one of the effects was insanity, you would gradually start getting more and more crazy, by the end of the film, his thought process is all kinds of ****ed up. Norman should be devious, calculating and maniacal. What makes it even more creepy is he can be all of those outside of the suit.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #28
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Okay, so no transforming Goblin, BUT what if his masked looked like the picture I posted, but with an open smiling mouth. And the texture was very real, and skin-like. It would still be a mask.

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post

If they use him in the sequels he should look like this. Basically, he should be like the Ultimate Green Goblin, where instead of wearing a mask, he actually turns into a Goblin/Monster like creature. Now imagine that guy in the picture I posted wearing the traditional Goblin outfit, but a little more updated and gritty. Perhaps some purple rags, and a belt and *beep* Wouldn't that be better then Raimi's Power Ranger Green Goblin?
no no no hell no, yeah lets take the core elements of the character and turn them into a retarded version of the hulk

go with the marvel knights goblin it will work fine on screen

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

Scratch the bat-nose and that'd be a-okay in my books.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I wouldn't mind a more menacing mask, but not like that in the pic. There's too much going on with it. The Goblin mask should be a bit more simple.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #32
Hurm...
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
True, I'm not knocking Raimi's Spider-Man, but I always found it weird how the Goblin persona would just take over Norman randomly, I mean, it allowed him to have conversation with the real Norman, and allowed him to indulge in such family oriented activities such as Thanksgiving Dinner. I would think that if you underwent an experiment and one of the effects was insanity, you would gradually start getting more and more crazy, by the end of the film, his thought process is all kinds of ****ed up. Norman should be devious, calculating and maniacal. What makes it even more creepy is he can be all of those outside of the suit.
I agree that Norman should be just as devious as the goblin, but I think I know why Raimi decided to give him dual personalities. If they had not went that route, it would have been much more difficult to come up with and explain exactly why does Norman dress up as the Green Goblin?

Him being insane gives the audience a much simpler explanation as to answering that very question, as opposed to him being sane and dressing up as a goblin for...no apparent reason.

"Why green gobins, sir?"
"I don't know but it's time my enemies faced my dread "

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #33
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

It's always been my view that Norman dresses as the Goblin because it has an effect on him similar to the way Peter feels when wearing the Spider-Man suit. It frees his inhibitions, allows him to be exactly what he wants to be with no fear of backlash. So why a goblin? It represents his devious nature, and the glee he takes in the mischief and mayhem he causes. Not only is he sailing though the sky cackling and throwing bombs left and right, he's doing it in bright green and purple, with a perpetual smile on an impish face. That says a lot, if you ask me.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #34
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

I don't know where this hulk thing keeps coming up. Guys when I said Ultimate Goblin, I just meant he would transform and look like a monster, but I never said he would be some massive hulking character. He would be normal size. I understand the flaws of him transforming and such, but stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about him being as big as the hulk.

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #35
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
I agree that Norman should be just as devious as the goblin, but I think I know why Raimi decided to give him dual personalities. If they had not went that route, it would have been much more difficult to come up with and explain exactly why does Norman dress up as the Green Goblin?

Him being insane gives the audience a much simpler explanation as to answering that very question, as opposed to him being sane and dressing up as a goblin for...no apparent reason.

"Why green gobins, sir?"
"I don't know but it's time my enemies faced my dread "
lol, his stupid ass butler asking that question.

If they took the medieval appearance, it could possibly stem from Norman being a collecting antique medieval stuff, like suits of armor, medieval weapons and what not, once he goes insane, he puts himself in that perspective to a point where he's almost obsessed with it and dresses up as a goblin......so that enemies face his dread

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #36
Hurm...
Side-Kick

Well, if they were to go that route they would have to build up Norman's fascination with goblins before he dons the suit. It would be a plot hole not to explain why he is dressing up as the Green Goblin IMO.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
Well, if they were to go that route they would have to build up Norman's fascination with goblins before he dons the suit. It would be a plot hole not to explain why he is dressing up as the Green Goblin IMO.
yeah, that's what I was getting at. Like in the Raimi films, they never showed that much of his Mansion, just maybe 1 or 2 rooms. He could possibly have a room with all medieval stuff and from their he explains his fascination with the times and how the people of that time period dealt with others who opposed them.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #38
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think there should be some inspiration to Goblin's look, but largely if we can buy that Peter Parker makes his own suit, then we can buy Norman making his.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #39
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Also, I'd like for his attitude as Green Goblin to be more along the lines of Jack Nicholas' Joker, especially when Joker burned that guy up using that joy buzzer and then cracking jokes and making conversation with the corpse...crazy

Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #40
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

A good look for the Goblin

Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
Also, I'd like for his attitude as Green Goblin to be more along the lines of Jack Nicholas' Joker, especially when Joker burned that guy up using that joy buzzer and then cracking jokes and making conversation with the corpse...crazy
I can dig it. But with a more visceral edge as well.

Let's hope this isn't a quasi collaberation with Raimi's trilogy which would mean no Green Goblin

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #42
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCarm View Post
I can dig it. But with a more visceral edge as well.

Let's hope this isn't a quasi collaberation with Raimi's trilogy which would mean no Green Goblin

I would hope not, whoever eventually portrays GG should bring their own skills to the table. I would much rather an actor use their talent to convey their portrayal of GG as opposed to impersonating the previous actor who portrayed the character. I think that's what also hurt Superman Returns, Routh didn't really bring anything new to the table, he was basically portraying Christopher Reeves as Superman which was more Bryan Singers' fault than his. I would like to see him more visceral than the Joker, there's alot of sadistic stuff the Goblin can do with those pumpkin bombs

Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
Ultra Ham
Side-Kick

Yeah no Ultimate Goblin, enough Spider-Man characters have ridiculous transformations.
Definitely go for the classic approach, it would be cool if they combine low-tech(his mask, hood and clothes) and high-tech (his glider and suit underneath).

Ultra Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
no no no hell no, yeah lets take the core elements of the character and turn them into a retarded version of the hulk
That's pretty much what ultimate Goblin is. He's a damn insult to what the Green Goblin is supposed to be. Hulk Goblin = bad idea.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #45
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Ham View Post
Yeah no Ultimate Goblin, enough Spider-Man characters have ridiculous transformations.
Definitely go for the classic approach, it would be cool if they combine low-tech(his mask, hood and clothes) and high-tech (his glider and suit underneath).
I can do without the 'high tech' suit underneath because it really served no other purpose other than I guess it looked somewhat interesting. Goblin really made little use of it in the first film, he shot gas out of his wrists and summoned his glider. I'd like for him to be pretty practical in appearance, I look at it like this, him looking the way he does in the comics with purple fabric and the green getup gives off the effect that he really doesn't pose a threat when in the comics reality he does.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #46
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I think the Thunderbolts design would work the best. It'd please comic fans because it's based on his classics duds, but it's much realistic as it's colors aren't super bright.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #47
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

I'm digging this

Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #49
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

The Spidey 1 concept art for Gobby is so sick. The first one gives me an Alien vibe.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #50
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I think there should be some inspiration to Goblin's look, but largely if we can buy that Peter Parker makes his own suit, then we can buy Norman making his.
NORMAN OSBORN makes it in his room........with a bunch of scraps