The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #51
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

I seriously lol'd at that one. Good one Alchemyst.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #52
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I seriously lol'd at that one. Good one Alchemyst.
That scene had some damn good acting, I almost thought Bridges jumped out of character and was really pissed at the guy for not giving the man his product.

If I remember correctly, Chaseter said it first in another Spidey thread...I instantly started laughing.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #53
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Heart Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
That's pretty much what ultimate Goblin is. He's a damn insult to what the Green Goblin is supposed to be. Hulk Goblin = bad idea.
You are my hero.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #54
The Slang
Side-Kick

I've got the goblin mask right here.

Made of silicon, worth over $1000. If you look at footage of people wearing these masks (search imp mask) you can see that the mouth opens and the face actually moves to match the expressions of the person wearing it.
It's perfect. Back when SM1 came out people were saying 'oh you cant have a rubber mask that moves like the Green Goblin's'. Well, this mask takes a dump all over those statements. Look how much better it looks compared to the plactic crap they strapped to Dafoe's head.

PS. If I ever see ultimate goblin in a movie, I'll turn bipolar and develop immediate erectile dysfunction. Complete and utter CRAP.

Last edited by The Slang; 02-23-2011 at 10:34 PM.
The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #55
lixdexia
Blood Angels

lose the spots and i'd be for it

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #56
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slang View Post

Made of silicon, worth over $1000. If you look at footage of people wearing these masks (search imp mask) you can see that the mouth opens and the face actually moves to match the expressions of the person wearing it.
IMO it's perfect. Back when SM1 came out people were saying 'oh you cant have a rubber mask that moves like the Green Goblin's'. Well, this mask takes a dump all over those statements. Look how much better it looks compared to the placticy crap they strapped to Dafoe's head.

Wait the mouth actually moves? Like when you talk it moves? Is it the type of mask where you can just slip it and go, or does it take time and prep to put it on. Because I can't imagine Norman spending two hours to put on a mask. And mask that do take that long, are usually meant to be percieved as the actual skin. Like, a mask that takes hours to put on, isn't meant to be looked as a mask. I'm just talking to myself here. lol, but back to my original question. The mouth actually moves?

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #57
spida-man
THE AMAZING

Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #58
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=vo-3KDqADJo

Wow

The mouth does move. I've changed my mind, if they can have a mask that moves with the mouth, then yeah, go for the mask approach, screw the transformation thing. The mouth moving was really the main reason why i wanted him to transform instead, because then he can move his mouth. So yeah, I'd go with a moving mask.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
The Slang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
Wait the mouth actually moves? Like when you talk it moves? Is it the type of mask where you can just slip it and go, or does it take time and prep to put it on. Because I can't imagine Norman spending two hours to put on a mask. And mask that do take that long, are usually meant to be percieved as the actual skin. Like, a mask that takes hours to put on, isn't meant to be looked as a mask. I'm just talking to myself here. lol, but back to my original question. The mouth actually moves?
You can slip it over your head in 2 seconds, and remove it almost as fast. It's one piece.

The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #60
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post

Please don't tell me this was a real post...

Quote:

Wow

The mouth does move. I've changed my mind, if they can have a mask that moves with the mouth, then yeah, go for the mask approach, screw the transformation thing. The mouth moving was really the main reason why i wanted him to transform instead, because then he can move his mouth. So yeah, I'd go with a moving mask.
HOLY CRAP!! THAT is what is needed. That was...WOW. Looks so perfect...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #61
KRIM
Banned User

I say go with that concept, but in real-world context use far more advanced make-up and prosthetic techniques to perfect the mask when it's "worn". Similar to M:I3's process of human disguise, only less reliant on tech-magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN849...ailpage#t=179s

KRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #62
the amazing fro
the one and only

Quote:

Wow

Ok that is awesome.

They'd be fools if they didn't go in this direction if GG is in the next one.

The entirety of this thread could be caricatured as a group of frustrated teenage boys perving over an actress while venomously labeling everyone who doesn't play ball as a frustrated teenage boy.
the amazing fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #63
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

That should be the next GG right there. It would scare the s*** out of the audience, as opposed to Power Ranger Green Goblin.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #64
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
I don't know where this hulk thing keeps coming up. Guys when I said Ultimate Goblin, I just meant he would transform and look like a monster, but I never said he would be some massive hulking character. He would be normal size. I understand the flaws of him transforming and such, but stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about him being as big as the hulk.
hmm unless you missed it the whole core of ult goblin is he turns into a hulk. plus the whole idea of norman changing is stupid it takes away from the diea that is this an genius psychotic man rather than some wanna be were-ork

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #65
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
hmm unless you missed it the whole core of ult goblin is he turns into a hulk. plus the whole idea of norman changing is stupid it takes away from the diea that is this an genius psychotic man rather than some wanna be were-ork
This. And points for use of the term 'were-ork'. Look for that to be ripped off in fantasy fiction for years to come (I'll at least try and do my bit for that to happen lol).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #66
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slang View Post

It's perfect. Back when SM1 came out people were saying 'oh you cant have a rubber mask that moves like the Green Goblin's'. Well, this mask takes a dump all over those statements. Look how much better it looks compared to the plactic crap they strapped to Dafoe's head.

PS. If I ever see ultimate goblin in a movie, I'll turn bipolar and develop immediate erectile dysfunction. Complete and utter CRAP.
Now this is what I'm talking about!

I cant believe we have cost effective and practical garbs like this and we end up getting the embarrassment that we got with robogoblin. There's definitely no excuse what so ever for the likes of the lizard to look like crap and if we ever see a goblin again for him to being an abomination for a third time. I bet whoever made that mask above built it in a basement or college lab in their spare time, yet you have so called professionals being paid a fortune to give us pathetic, plastic props instead.

Ajendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #67
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

Damn, those Imp masks are amazing. Looks exactly as I'd like Gobby to look, and according to the actual website, are cheaper than the $1000 Slang quoted ($494 on the official site). There's really no excuse not to go this route if/when they bring the Green Goblin back to the screen. I really hope we see it.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #68
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Bomb View Post
Damn, those Imp masks are amazing. Looks exactly as I'd like Gobby to look, and according to the actual website, are cheaper than the $1000 Slang quoted ($494 on the official site). There's really no excuse not to go this route if/when they bring the Green Goblin back to the screen. I really hope we see it.

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #69
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Yeah, these masks are pretty cool. Problem for me is, I really want to see Goblin emote. I want to see his face actually move and twist into evil grins and horrifying snarls. This mask, while a great proof of concept really wonít do that. Iím of the idea that they should present goblinís mask to be of this variety to the audience, but when Gobby has it on, it is in reality prosthetics and make up that look like the mask, but will be more malleable for the actorís expressions to show through (think of the Orcs from LoTR).

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #70
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

oh, and thanks to Slang, I know what I'm shooting for this Halloween

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #71
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Yeah, these masks are pretty cool. Problem for me is, I really want to see Goblin emote. I want to see his face actually move and twist into evil grins and horrifying snarls. This mask, while a great proof of concept really wonít do that. Iím of the idea that they should present goblinís mask to be of this variety to the audience, but when Gobby has it on, it is in reality prosthetics and make up that look like the mask, but will be more malleable for the actorís expressions to show through (think of the Orcs from LoTR).

That's what I was thinking too. Have "Norman" be wearing a mask, but in actuality the actor playing Norman is wearing prosthetics and make up to be able to show more emotions. So the character would be wearing a mask, but not the actor.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #72
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Well, it's on the right path I think we can all agree. When I first saw Mission Impossible, my nerdness immediately thought, ok, THAT"s how they can make a Green Goblin mask!

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #73
Casius--J
Web Master

Loved those imp masks, the movement on them are really great and it has the right look for the GG. I do agree with Spider-who about it not allowing much emotion.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #74
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
This. And points for use of the term 'were-ork'. Look for that to be ripped off in fantasy fiction for years to come (I'll at least try and do my bit for that to happen lol).
runs to the copyright office

i demand money

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #75
chaseter
Bland User

I think I termed Hulk Goblin...I demand reparations

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote