The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 02-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #76
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

^^ This.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #77
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Another equally important aspect to gobby’s look is his suit. I personally don’t want the classic comics version; it barely looks good there; and I haven’t really liked any of the other variations the comics have had. I think that several of the original movie concepts showed promise, but weren’t quite there. What I envision is something between the high tech and Alex Ross concepts. Gobs uses a lot of gadgets, and I’d like to see some of the inner works of that; the Osborn Industries origins of his suit/gear, but with a thrown together look. For instances, his electric gloves…I think it’d be cool to see actual electronics built within the gloves, maybe some industrial wire tubing climbing out of the gloves and up his arms into an unseen power source. I think his boots could have some type of subtle metal harnessing, something that would lock into place on the glider. I like the hood/tunic from Ross’ design and I think that could be tossed over a futuristic military inspired vest (the more cloth that can hang/blow in the wind, the better). I also think everything should have a dirty, burnt, even greasy look to it – like he lives in the suit while making modifications to the glider/other Osborn Industries gear that he bastardizes for use. And instead of actual "pumpkin" bombs; he uses specialized prototype grenades that he haphazardly splashes paint on to look like little jackolanterns. I really liked the glider from the Raimi trilogy, but feel that it could have a more prototype/various parts strewn together look to it, as well.

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 02-24-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #78
White_Knight191
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
Loved those imp masks, the movement on them are really great and it has the right look for the GG. I do agree with Spider-who about it not allowing much emotion.
Maybe CGI or special effects could help with that? Kinda like they did with Avatar for recording the emotions, frowns, etc.

-Andrew Garfield
White_Knight191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #79
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight191 View Post
Maybe CGI or special effects could help with that? Kinda like they did with Avatar for recording the emotions, frowns, etc.
it'd be far easier and more cost effective to go with prosthetics and to just tell the audience it's a mask.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #80
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Ugh, I can't understand why people would want to see the 60's Goblin on film. A guy in a green suit with purple underwear, a purple purse and a pointless beanie on top of his head.

Make him look frightening. He should have a goddamn torn hood and cloak or something. Dark purple or navy blue would look kind of cool.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #81
Knight Rise
Banned User

if you mutate him, hes gotta have something like Noir Goblin, where the skin is just a cover-up

Knight Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #82
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Ugh, I can't understand why people would want to see the 60's Goblin on film. A guy in a green suit with purple underwear, a purple purse and a pointless beanie on top of his head.

Make him look frightening. He should have a goddamn torn hood and cloak or something. Dark purple or navy blue would look kind of cool.
Agreeeeeee!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #83
White_Knight191
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post

Drop the sword and give him a more high-tech suit and we have something great IMO.
I kinda like the hoodie thing like the 2nd image.

-Andrew Garfield
White_Knight191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #84
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

The Goblin in the 1st movie was basically a full body costume. It was very technical and was more like armour. Hopefully if Green Goblin is introduced in the 2nd movie he will look more organic and look more like the mask is his actual face.
That would obviously require a fair amount of CGI and the only downside to that would be having the Lizard in the 1st film, a full CGI creation may put them off having another CGI character again.

But I hope they have that actual moving and talking face as if the Goblin is real. I like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post

WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #85
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

I just pray and hope that

1st) This is indeed a straight reboot and not related to Raimi's trilogy so we can actually get the Green Goblin

2nd) If it is an answer to my prayer for the above then when can we expect Green Goblin (part 2, part 3, ...?)

and

3rd) IF we get the Green Goblin we have to hope it's not Hulk-Goblin ala Ultimate Spider-Man

We have some hurdles to get through here guys.

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #86
chaseter
Bland User

I agree but that's a lot of room for things to go wrong

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #87
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
There always is. Depending on how Marc Webb uses this room is not for us to decide. Just for us to hope. That's our job as fans. To complain that our own fan-fantasies haven't come true and bash the ones that do.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #88
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I don't understand why people think we need a cgi goblin face. Look at the close up goblins and orcs from lord of the rings, or any of the prosthetic work done in the last 20 years. Make up and prosthetics have improved drastically and can very easily pull off something as simple as Green Goblin.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #89
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I don't understand why people think we need a cgi goblin face. Look at the close up goblins and orcs from lord of the rings, or any of the prosthetic work done in the last 20 years. Make up and prosthetics have improved drastically and can very easily pull off something as simple as Green Goblin.
Agreed. I mean, I don't see why a latex mask couldn't work. maybe some CGI here and there, but that's about it.

Btw, I was one of the people who actually didn't have a problem with the Goblin's costume in Spider-Man (2002).

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #90
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I dug his mask, but that was really it; and it only looked cool in some shots (mostly the darker scenes near the end).

Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #91
the amazing fro
the one and only

It wasn't the travesty that everyone makes it out to be but it could have been a hell of a lot better

The entirety of this thread could be caricatured as a group of frustrated teenage boys perving over an actress while venomously labeling everyone who doesn't play ball as a frustrated teenage boy.
the amazing fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #92
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post

Leaked pictures!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #93
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
Leaked pictures!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #94
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
There always is. Depending on how Marc Webb uses this room is not for us to decide. Just for us to hope. That's our job as fans. To complain that our own fan-fantasies haven't come true and bash the ones that do.
Marc Webb doesn't use any room, he didn't write this script and wasn't even hired when they were writing it. I am sure he had little to no say in what was in the shooting script, especially the characters and plots. He probably has a little to say about the dialog while shooting.

If this film is a hit and he has some balls, maybe he can get creative control for the second film but I highly doubt that. Right now I see Sony/Arad/Zirskin being in control of what characters are being used and what plots are allowed. I just don't see Marc going to Sony and saying he wants to use Green Goblin and the death of Gwen Stacy for his next film. Marc isn't an established director with a lot of clout at this point. He isn't Chris Nolan, Sam Raimi, Aranofsky, Zach Snyder, Bryan Singer, etc at this point in his career so I won't hold my breath in Marc Webb delivering on what we would love to see happen. He is just the director at this point.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #95
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I know which sucks. If I could just see a hi-tech but menacing protestic Mission Impossible mask type scary as hell Thunderbolts Green Goblin on screen I think I could die happy.

Please be a success Amazing Spider-man and please come on down awesome Green Goblin!

Last edited by NinjaCarm; 02-24-2011 at 03:35 PM.
NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #96
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:

Drop the sword and give him a more high-tech suit and we have something great IMO.
I kinda like the hoodie thing like the 2nd image.
Those are awesome! I like the hoodie as well.

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #97
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:

My thoughts of this design:
This would possibly show the budget difference, how it is lower in this series, yet it shows the designers care more about the goblin, making him look more goblin like, more serious a threat, not a Power Rangers reject, should they pull the design right plus his personality, it will be a 10/10 Green Goblin awesomeness

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #98
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
I'd rather them go with a classic look...

Agreed. I wasn't a fan of Robo-Goblin.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #99
Vile
The Future is Vile

I would have no problem if they spliced the Ultimate and Regular look. Have him transform, but still need some sort of suit and glider. Especially the glider...ultimate or not, he MUST have the glider. Thats like having Batman without the Batmobile.

"You have failed me for the last time, Jesus."

*Force-choke*
Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #100
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile View Post
I would have no problem if they spliced the Ultimate and Regular look. Have him transform, but still need some sort of suit and glider. Especially the glider...ultimate or not, he MUST have the glider. Thats like having Batman without the Batmobile.
If i remember correctly, that was how he was on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. I wasn't a big fan of him being that way, I think each villain should have their own origins. Lizard was a scientist and so is Osborn, Osborn should just sport a suit and arm himself with this normal weapons that to include his glider, I would go for him looking a little low-tech this time around.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote