The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 02-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #101
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile View Post
I would have no problem if they spliced the Ultimate and Regular look. Have him transform, but still need some sort of suit and glider.
I completley disagree. As I said, I think Ultimate Goblin takes away what's so interesting about the Green Goblin. The dual identity, the other side, etc. IMO, he needs to have mask and a costume.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #102
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Default Re: If they used The Green Goblin in the sequels, he should look like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
I completley disagree. As I said, I think Ultimate Goblin takes away what's so interesting about the Green Goblin. The dual identity, the other side, etc. IMO, he needs to have mask and a costume.
And also if there are people who are barely getting into Spider-Man, they could easily confuse him for the Hulk. Best thing to do is keep the Goblin a costume to seperate the 2, transforming Goblin among other things were some of the thin layers of ice for me when it comes to Ultimate Spider-Man

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.

Last edited by Alchemyst; 02-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #103
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
And also if there are people who are barely getting into these Spider-Man, they could easily confuse him for the Hulk. Best thing to do is keep the Goblin a costume to seperate the 2, transforming Goblin among other things were some of the thin layers of ice for me when it comes to Ultimate Spider-Man
Agreed.

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #104
Vile
The Future is Vile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
Oh I do agree with that - dont get me wrong, I would very much prefer a classic Goblin over the ultimate version anytime. Im just playing devil's advocate here. It wouldnt surpise me at all if Webb went Ultimate with the Goblin if for no other reason than just to distance his film from Raimi's.

Again though, give me classic over ultimate any day. I wouldnt hulk out over a hybrid of the too, either.

"You have failed me for the last time, Jesus."

*Force-choke*
Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #105
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Oh I do agree with that - dont get me wrong, I would very much prefer a classic Goblin over the ultimate version anytime. Im just playing devil's advocate here. It wouldnt surpise me at all if Webb went Ultimate with the Goblin if for no other reason than just to distance his film from Raimi's.

Again though, give me classic over ultimate any day. I wouldnt hulk out over a hybrid of the too, either.
I'm not sure about that because it would be too similar to what would have been previously seen in the current film. I would say over the course of Webb's films, however many he makes should ultimately build up to Green Goblin. I still say he should go with his the Alex Ross concept design with the hood and what not, the buildup throughout the films can explain his appearance.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #106
incorrectuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight191 View Post

Drop the sword and give him a more high-tech suit and we have something great IMO.
I kinda like the hoodie thing like the 2nd image.
Make the skin a bit darker, looks a tad to pale there. Also maybe drop the sword. But i think the goblin should look sort of low tech and scruffy at first with tattered rags. But be all high tech with bombs and what not. Thus ends my long winded way of saying basically the second picture but with slightly darker skin tone.

incorrectuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 AM   #107
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I like these

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:18 AM   #108
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would have no problem if they spliced the Ultimate and Regular look. Have him transform, but still need some sort of suit and glider. Especially the glider...ultimate or not, he MUST have the glider. Thats like having Batman without the Batmobile.
No. Norman should not physically mutate. All he needs to do is, play dress up and try to kill as many people as possible in the quest for trying kill spidey.

Ajendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:19 AM   #109
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
I like these

Give me that on screen and I will pardon sony for their lunacy for what they gave us in 2002.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:30 AM   #110
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Give me that on screen and I will pardon sony for their lunacy for what they gave us in 2002.
What's wrong with it?

I admit that it looked funny in some scenes but I think it was ok.

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #111
Casius--J
Web Master

I honestly didn't have a problem with the original movies GG, yeah it looks a power ranger but it was ok.

But for this reboot I hope they switch it up a little, the first picture Galactus123 posted is what I would like with possibly a darker shade of green.

Casius--J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #112
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

I am all for what is best for the movie, if they can't come up with a great mask for the character then fug it, make him a guy who transforms physically into looking like a Goblin, but still uses the glider and bombs etc.
It's no more different a change than making the joker a guy who wears make up, the essense of the character is the same, and in actual fact, if you are allowed to go ape**** with his face make-up, then you will get something closer to the Goblin's cb image than in the Raimi movies. Cause basically the Goblin from the 616 universe's mask made him look like a guy who transformed physically into a Goblin. It never looked like a mask, he was drawn as if he had turned into a Goblin, so just make him turn into a Goblin.

edit: and i get what SMH is saying...but you can still have the schizo nature of the Goblin, Norman having his Goblin character changes while he still looks human, just make it that the face/shape shifting power is something he uses when he is going out on jobs, just make it a seperate power. Like, he is in his Goblin persona, but has to 'will' the transformation physically, make it a painful transformation like American Werewolf in London, so he is all charged up with the crazy when he is ready to rock. Have him all cacking and whatnot, before going into the transformation, could be a great scene.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 02-25-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #113
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
What's wrong with it?
Agreed! Personally, I just didn't mind it at all. He still had a costume, and it was still obviously the Green Goblin.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thebumwhowalks
edit: and i get what SMH is saying...but you can still have the schizo nature of the Goblin, Norman having his Goblin character changes while he still looks human, just make it that the face/shape shifting power is something he uses when he is going out on jobs, just make it a seperate power. Like, he is in his Goblin persona, but has to 'will' the transformation physically, make it a painful transformation like American Werewolf in London, so he is all charged up with the crazy when he is ready to rock. Have him all cacking and whatnot, before going into the transformation, could be a great scene.
Yeah, but still. It's so much creepier knowing that a mask/costume creates a completely different person. That's one of the things I think is so great about the Green Goblin.

Last edited by Spider-ManHero12; 02-25-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #114
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
What's wrong with it?
Do you really have to ask?

Even a piece of turd can look good when there's no lighting and that's because you can barely see it. Just like the robocostume, it looked ok during certain dark scenes but most of the time, it was a complete eyesore. Granted, it served a purpose as a military battle suit but Norman's actual costume should have been independent from what he was doing professionally. For all intents and purposes the guy is a derranged lunatic. That pic you posted, which I had quoted is exactly the sort of costume that should be representative of Noman's state of mind; scary, crazy and damn near incomprehensible. The tech was fine, no issues there as such but the costume was just woeful.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #115
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

I always had a problem and didn't at the same time with the Sam Raimi Green Goblin costume.

For me, it's still the Green Goblin, and I love watching him on screen. The armor look on screen, that we got, was pretty basic and shortsighted on the design team's part, but I still enjoy it. The alternate designs by James Carter, from the making of book, would have been much better. I even didn't have that much of a problem with New Goblin's costume.

Ultimately, I was ok with them. But now I want my true scary mask hi-tech's purple and green Green Goblin.

That's what I want.

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #116
chaseter
Bland User

I agree.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #117
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

Honestly, if he didn't have the glider, he'd be damn-near unrecognizable. The armoured suit was completely monotone and lacking all the flamboyance and theatrics of the Green Goblin of the comics. I'd have been fine with the suit being armoured if he'd just put some sort of spin on it to make it less visually boring. Speaking of Ultimate Goblin, if the movie Goblin had at least thrown a tattered purple shawl or something over the armour, it would have gone a long way.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #118
Ajendo
Side-Kick

^That's like putting a ribbon on a turd.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #119
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

I wish I could get a tax break every time someone called Green Goblin a Power Ranger

Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #120
Pumpkin_Bomb
Side-Kick

It's still not ideal, I know, I'm just saying that if they insisted on going that route, it would have helped a lot.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #121
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

The budget was the problem with the costume. They were going to go with that one amazing design we all loved, but the budget stopped them.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #122
Oscorp
Side-Kick

^What design are you speaking of?

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #123
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

not sure if I buy that. There isn't any logic to it. "Hey, we have this amazing suit design, but not enough money for it. So, instead of simplifying the design enough to fit within the budget, lets forget that suit all together and make the cheapest suit possible."

....on second thought, that logic makes absolute sense when it comes to Hollywood.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #124
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
I wish I could get a tax break every time someone called Green Goblin a Power Ranger
Yeah, I feel the same, man.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #125
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Well it's true. They made Green Goblin in sm1 look like the love child of the green ranger and robocop. Naturally, it was an unsightly, festive mess.