The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #26
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official SENTINEL PRIME Thread

Ya I really like the way this guy looks. Is Sentinel Prime the transformer we see stuck on the moon? Or is that Alpha Trion?

Avengers-Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

he is the one from the teaser yea...

Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post

Oh did he ever look like Rodimus at one point!

I don't think it's a nod for the GP, I think it's for the fans
In Megatron: Origin he looked nothing like that though, dont know why they didnt use his face design from that.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #29
nogap87
Side-Kick

It wouldn't be Transformers if it had air-tight continuity.

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Who will be voicing Sentinel Prime? A theory on other message boards, is that Silverbolt isn't really in the movie & that James Avery will be voicing Sentinel Prime instead.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #31
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

That is a theory....

Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
It wouldn't be Transformers if it had air-tight continuity.
Not sure that is entirely exclusive to Transformers....unless you can name me a franchise that has air-tight, zero plot-hole continuity?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #33
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^There are very few in all honesty, LOTR is the only one I can think of that has air-tight continuity.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #34
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
Not sure that is entirely exclusive to Transformers....unless you can name me a franchise that has air-tight, zero plot-hole continuity?
Never said it was. I was mostly referring to G1 being a mess.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #35
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
Never said it was. I was mostly referring to G1 being a mess.
Ah apologies, it sounded like you were saying Transformers just suffered from lack of continuity.

Yup G1 was a royal mess, I mean what is the Constructicon's origin? That changes at least twice lol.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #36
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah apologies, it sounded like you were saying Transformers just suffered from lack of continuity.

Yup G1 was a royal mess, I mean what is the Constructicon's origin? That changes at least twice lol.
No prob.

Nothing beats Optimus Prime lifting and throwing a freakin' oil tanker at Megatron. I don't think G1 Prime has demonstrated such a feat of strength before or since that moment.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #37
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:

Actually it doesnt really change at all.

There was never any real "SOLID" contradiction with the origin of the Constructicons.

The contraction that most fans believe seems to have been based on "perception" and not anything said in the stories.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #38
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Actually it doesnt really change at all.

There was never any real "SOLID" contradiction with the origin of the Constructicons.

The contraction that most fans believe seems to have been based on "perception" and not anything said in the stories.
From what I remember (going from the cartoon) the Constructions were built on Earth on one of the last Eps of season one and yet in season two they are on Cybertron and were originally good.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #39
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
From what I remember (going from the cartoon) the Constructions were built on Earth on one of the last Eps of season one and yet in season two they are on Cybertron and were originally good.
Yes, Megatron said he "BUILT" them in caves on Earth.

But what did he mean by "built"??

Did he mean he "built" them new bodies?
Did he mean he "built" them from scratch??

There is nothing in the dialog or the episode to determine what was ment.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #40
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm very impressed by the casting of Nimoy as Sentinel Prime

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 04-08-2011 at 10:17 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #41
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Nimoy as a voice? Win.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #42
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Nimoy will be amazing as SP, cant wait to see it even more now!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #43
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Then you'd recall that when the Transformers all began to deplete from Cybertronium around the same time only the Constructicons and Dinobots felt no effects. Why? Because their Earth built bodies had no Cybertronium. Something that would've been supposedly impossible by the shows internal logic for that episode if the events of Five Faces of Darkness and The Secret of Omega Supreme had actually occured.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #44
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then you'd recall that when the Transformers all began to deplete from Cybertronium around the same time only the Constructicons and Dinobots felt no effects. Why? Because their Earth built bodies had no Cybertronium. Something that would've been supposedly impossible by the shows internal logic for that episode if the events of Five Faces of Darkness and The Secret of Omega Supreme had actually occured.
Theres a major flaw in your logic buddy.

Some how you missed 2 major points.

A] Preceptor said that it was their being exposed to Earths Atmospheric conditions for 4 million years that depleted the substance.

And the Constructicons were new arrivals to Earth.Only having been on the planet for under a year. So they wouldnt have been efffected.

B] Megatrons dialog in "Heavy Metal War" suggest that they were given NEW BODIES when they got to Earth in late 1984.

So,The fact that the Constructicons were new arrivals and likely got new bodies explains why they still fully functional even thou the other TF's were depleted of Cybertonium.

So it is indeed possible by the shows internal logic ,the events of Five Faces of Darkness and The Secret of Omega Supreme had actually occured.

Now granted, Preceptors dialog suggest that Blaster, Preceptor, Beachcomber,The Coneheads,Trypichangers [and the rest,] were all on Earth since the Autobot HQ crashed 4 million years ago.

But thats not impossible.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #45
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Theres a major flaw in your logic buddy.

Some how you missed 2 major points.

A] Preceptor said that it was their being exposed to Earths Atmospheric conditions for 4 million years that depleted the substance.

And the Constructicons were new arrivals to Earth.Only having been on the planet for under a year. So they wouldnt have been efffected.
When did anyone say the Constructicons were 'New arrivals'?
Quote:
B] Megatrons dialog in "Heavy Metal War" suggest that they were given NEW BODIES when they got to Earth in late 1984.
Megatron: "Hey guys I already know you have bodies, since you built me before I turned you to my side, but I'm gonna say f*** it and waste a bunch of - apparently - scarce resources to build you new ones - then I'm gonna go do some more fanwank to explain how the f*** the Insecticons got here and how the f*** Shockwave has not given up trying to contact me after 4 million years".
Quote:
So,The fact that the Constructicons were new arrivals and likely got new bodies explains why they still fully functional even thou the other TF's were depleted of Cybertonium.

So it is indeed possible by the shows internal logic ,the events of Five Faces of Darkness and The Secret of Omega Supreme had actually occured.
It's not impossible for all those events to have occurred - I mean since clearly, according to the show, they did. It's just that it makes NO F***ING SENSE , and it amuses me how you can't see that and how you think your flimsey explanation somehow negates the fact that the episodes contradicted each other.
Quote:
Now granted, Preceptors dialog suggest that Blaster, Preceptor, Beachcomber,The Coneheads,Trypichangers [and the rest,] were all on Earth since the Autobot HQ crashed 4 million years ago.

But thats not impossible.
Which again is a logical contradiction. Contradictions are not things that can't be explained, because as you note fanon (now adopted as official series canon), actually has gone on to explicitly state that yes the Triplechangers Blitzwing and Astrotrain, the Conehead seekers and the second series Autobots all indeed were present on the Ark/Nemesis when they went into space (presumeably in stasis). The whole reason they came up with this? Because the episodes in season 2 contradicted season 1 in that season 2 just treated everyone as if they had been there the whole time. It's one of the major gaps in logic from the episode 'Dinobot Island'. Although this is what happens when you have a show designed to sell toys. The series Bible was wrong when it stated the Constructicons as "no origin given", because Megatron's throw away line implied they were built on Earth and no one chose to correct anyone on this when they wrote The Secret of Omega Supreme. (psst his secret is that this show is designed to sell toys and most of the people involved could give two sh**s about the continuity from episode to episode as long as the latest toys are somehow involved)

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 04-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #46
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not impossible for all those events to have occurred - I mean since clearly, according to the show, they did. It's just that it makes NO F***ING SENSE , and it amuses me how you can't see that and how you think your flimsey explanation somehow negates the fact that the episodes contradicted each other.
If my explanation was as "flimsey" as you claim you'd think you could poke a hole in it insetead of simplely putting it down.

And, what doesnt make sence about it?

The Autobot hq was huge, its verse sensible , and logical to believe that Blaster and the others were located in a part of the ship that wasnt asseable durring season 1.

Quote:
Which again is a logical contradiction. Contradictions are not things that can't be explained, because as you note fanon (now adopted as official series canon), actually has gone on to explicitly state that yes the Triplechangers Blitzwing and Astrotrain, the Conehead seekers and the second series Autobots all indeed were present on the Ark/Nemesis when they went into space (presumeably in stasis). The whole reason they came up with this? Because the episodes in season 2 contradicted season 1 in that season 2 just treated everyone as if they had been there the whole time. It's one of the major gaps in logic from the episode 'Dinobot Island'. Although this is what happens when you have a show designed to sell toys.
See, but there is no logical contradiction in either case.

A] The season 2 episode "Dinobot Island" doesnt contradict anything in season 1 by treating everyone as if they were there the whole time because they never gave a limit to how many Autobots were members of Primes crew.

Right in the shows pilot we see Autobots lying on the ground of the ship that were never identified.

We see a number of different parts of different robots that dont match any of the season i crew members we got got know.

look at these pics from the first episode pilot

Cant really identify many of those bots, but I see at least 1 guy that looks like grapple, an other that looks like Hoist.

That right there opens the doors to the idea that there were others that just werent repaired in the first episode.

So, theres no contradiction in the season 2 guys being there the whole time.

Quote:
The series Bible was wrong when it stated the Constructicons as "no origin given", because Megatron's throw away line implied they were built on Earth and no one chose to correct anyone on this when they wrote The Secret of Omega Supreme. (psst his secret is that this show is designed to sell toys and most of the people involved could give two sh**s about the continuity from episode to episode as long as the latest toys are somehow involved)
The bible cant be made "wrong" by what comes in the series later.....althou a bible is not canon and sometimes things are changed from bible to series.

But Megatrons line does not contradict the bible or any later info given because his dialog was not definitive.

The only reason his dialog seems to "imply" they were built as new life on Earth is because they were new characters to the audience.

But theres nothing in the episode that supports that conclusion.

And implication is a far cry from a definitive explanation.

"Built" is a very vague statement.Nothing in Megatron's dialog can qulify what he ment by "built".

Nothing in the episode supports the idea that they were newly created life.

None of the Autobots reacted to their existence, none of the expressed any shock or surprise at the existence of new Decepticons or at the combined form of Devestator.

This indicates the writers were trying to respect what was written in the bible and not give them an origin.

Megatrons line contradicted nothing.

It was to vague.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 04-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #47
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
When did anyone say the Constructicons were 'New arrivals'?
A] they werent seen till late in season 1
B] in season 2 they explained they came to earth when they learned Megatron had resurfaced.

conclusion........they were new arrivals.

Quote:
Megatron: "Hey guys I already know you have bodies, since you built me before I turned you to my side, but I'm gonna say f*** it and waste a bunch of - apparently - scarce resources to build you new ones -
Funny but ultimate a fail.

We dont know what shape the teasm was in when they got to Earth.

They spent millions of years fighting and Running from Omega Supreem.

Theres a good chance they were so damaged they needed new bodies.

Quote:
then I'm gonna go do some more fanwank to explain how the f*** the Insecticons got here and how the f*** Shockwave has not given up trying to contact me after 4 million years".
The Insecticons situation was adequately explained in the series.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 04-01-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #48
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Yes, Megatron said he "BUILT" them in caves on Earth.

But what did he mean by "built"??

Did he mean he "built" them new bodies?
Did he mean he "built" them from scratch??

There is nothing in the dialog or the episode to determine what was ment.
Oh, FFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! Again!?!?!?

If someone says, "I built a house," do you ask for clarification as to whether it was built from scratch, or if they just built it from an existing house? No. You are determined to find the deeper meaning aren't you? My Shakespeare teacher didn't analyze Shakespeare this much.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #49
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Oh, FFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! Again!?!?!?

If someone says, "I built a house," do you ask for clarification as to whether it was built from scratch, or if they just built it from an existing house? No.
Thats a poor comparison.Building a house is a far cry from creating new life.

And you know what, if someone told me "they built a house" I am going to ask them if they designed it, or were working off someone elses blue prints.

Or if they simplely rebuilt a house.,

I would ask them if they also ran the wireing, bought the lumber/masonry or cut the wood and made the masonry them selfs.

Now maybe thats because I've spent much of my adult life managing in the field of home improvement.But those would be questions I would ask.And I would have asked some of the same questions as a child.
Quote:
You are determined to find the deeper meaning aren't you?
Not really.

But this issue really isint that deep.
Quote:
My Shakespeare teacher didn't analyze Shakespeare this much
not sure he/she was a very good teacher.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 04-01-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #50
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Dude, when The Secret of Omega Supreme premeired Transformers fans were like "wait, WTF?!?!?". It's what the episode is infamous for.