The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,537
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I want a hand gun for the sole purpose of hiding it under my bed in case a burglar comes in one night.
Would you like me to shout "Hey its MWA!" when I get in, or can we have a code knock, like I'll knock three times on the door so that you know its me and don't shoot me.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll The Hounds
“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #27
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE
 
WalkingDeadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 1,912
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhedd11 View Post

Uh...yes I understood that hence the point I was making. You are fine with people owning pistols, but not assault rifles? Guns are dangerous either way. If they are mature and smart enough to handle a gun safely why can't they own an assault rifle?
You can't kill dozens of people per minute with a pistol or shotgun.

WalkingDeadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,604
Default Re: Gun owners

I currently own a Beretta 92fs. I have not shot it in around 2 years. i keep it locked up with my dads stuff. I am honestly am thinking about selling it lately, there is no need of it for me right now.

My father is a collector so one day I will probably have his passed down to me. I have a hard time remembering all the weapons by I know he has these.

2 Springfield 1911 45ACP
Remington 1100
2 Ak47's
Ruger Redhawk 44mag
Taurus 357 4inch barrel
S&W 500mag
Remington 870
Marlin lever action
2 taurus 22mag revolvers
Stevens single shot 12 gauge.
Taurus 45acp (forgot the model)
S&W 40

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #29
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,925
Default Re: Gun owners

Legal gun owners are incredibly responsible. They don't go on renegade gun sprees.

Most gun related deaths are caused by those who obtain guns illegally through shady ways.

I don't know what you're exactly getting at DeadMike.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #30
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,728
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
You can't kill dozens of people per minute with a pistol or shotgun.
...and you can kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds in a car. Hundreds of people in minutes with a match and some gasoline...you get the point.

Like Craigdbfan said, the vast majority of gun-related deaths are due to people who have illegal possession of a gun. You take away all the guns from all the legal owners, and that death toll number won't lower in the slightest.

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #31
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvlknight21 View Post
This is my Spikes Ar15...but I have made some changes/add-ons and its even more decked out now. (Light/laser combo, Magpul flip front and rear sights and Balckhawk one point sling)
















Sorry for all the porn...
That is a nice AR. Is the can real or a fake? Mine is a fake. I am considering getting a real suppressor, but they are expensive, not to mention the $200 stamp tax.

As for anyone thinking of purchasing, please think about it and if need be take training courses. I take my gun ownership very serious and safety is my main concern with these weapons. Whenever I take anyone out with me, if they have never fired a weapon we go over a lot of things.

I guess being in LE you can get class 3 weapons as well. I've been wanting to get one, but I can't afford them.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #32
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE
 
WalkingDeadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 1,912
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Legal gun owners are incredibly responsible. They don't go on renegade gun sprees.
Tell that to the families whose kids were killed at Columbine.

Like I said before, I realize that most gun owners are responsible, it just seems crazy that almost anyone can own some of this stuff. I'm not trying to piss anyone off or looking to get into a heated debate, just wanted to express my opinion. Personally, I wish guns and bombs were never invented, but that's just me.

That said, some of the people in this thread do own some badass looking guns.

WalkingDeadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #33
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,728
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
That is a nice AR. Is the can real or a fake? Mine is a fake. I am considering getting a real suppressor, but they are expensive, not to mention the $200 stamp tax.

As for anyone thinking of purchasing, please think about it and if need be take training courses. I take my gun ownership very serious and safety is my main concern with these weapons. Whenever I take anyone out with me, if they have never fired a weapon we go over a lot of things.

I guess being in LE you can get class 3 weapons as well. I've been wanting to get one, but I can't afford them.
Personally, I don't see a point in wasting the money to get the stamp for a silencer. It really doesn't do anything at all; at least not anything worth the price of the stamp AND the can.

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: Gun owners

I'm turning 18 in a few months and I'm planning on buying a shotgun. I'm thinking of getting either a Mossberg 500, like the one Kable24 has except with a buttstock, not pistol grip, or a Remington 870. Any of you guy care to give me your two cents on which one is better.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #35
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Personally, I don't see a point in wasting the money to get the stamp for a silencer. It really doesn't do anything at all; at least not anything worth the price of the stamp AND the can.

That's what I think too. I've seen suppressors for anywhere from $650 to well over $2000. I could buy 2 AR rifles and a pistol for $2000.
If I was wealthy though, I would definitely get a few and a bunch of Class 3 guns as well.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #36
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,728
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
Tell that to the families whose kids were killed at Columbine.

Like I said before, I realize that most gun owners are responsible, it just seems crazy that almost anyone can own some of this stuff. I'm not trying to piss anyone off or looking to get into a heated debate, just wanted to express my opinion. Personally, I wish guns and bombs were never invented, but that's just me.

That said, some of the people in this thread do own some badass looking guns.
But the columbine shooters stole the guns. So i really don't get what you're trying to say, other than the shooting was a tragedy.

I know just you're voicing your opinion, and that's totally cool. Gun ownership is a very divided subject, and I don't think anyone with a reasonable brain would expect there NOT to be difference of opinion. I think craig (and myself) are just stating the facts in hopes of not necessarily changing your views, but to be better informed on the subject in general (there are a lot of misconceptions out there).

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #37
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,925
Default Re: Gun owners

I knew you were going to use that as an example DeadMike. Talk about setting up a straw man argument. Slippery slope much?

How often does that happen? Way to use an isolated case in trying to support your own stigma you seem to have against guns.

Compare that to the amount of deaths every year caused by people who didn't have a gun permit/got it illegally.

Those are the people you should fear not people who are well versed and legally allowed to own a weapon.

What brings fear to me is an irresponsible user rather than the tool itself.

Like Spider-Who said a variety of other things could be used to cause fatal damage in numbers.

Even in a world without weapons danger will always exist.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #38
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,728
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
That's what I think too. I've seen suppressors for anywhere from $650 to well over $2000. I could buy 2 AR rifles and a pistol for $2000.
If I was wealthy though, I would definitely get a few and a bunch of Class 3 guns as well.
heh, yeah, if money weren't an issue, I'd probably get some silencers for the heck of it, too.

I plan on getting my class 3 license - they're really not expensive where i live, but I haven't figured out WHAT I want the license for yet. Some type of rifle, sure, but there are just soooo many!

To switch gears, I went to a new gunshop last fall, and they were selling one of THESE babies:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #39
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE
 
WalkingDeadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 1,912
Default Re: Gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I know just you're voicing your opinion, and that's totally cool. Gun ownership is a very divided subject, and I don't think anyone with a reasonable brain would expect there NOT to be difference of opinion. I think craig (and myself) are just stating the facts in hopes of not necessarily changing your views, but to be better informed on the subject in general (there are a lot of misconceptions out there).
Fair enough.

WalkingDeadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #40
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect
 
Mace Bloodstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 6,234
Default Re: The Gun Thread

When it comes to guns I always think of what Christian Slater said in True Romance:
"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

I have a love and hate relationship for guns. I hate what they do but they are a necessary evil to have. I grew up with them but I understand why people are opposed to them. You can't make a mistake with a gun there are no second chances, I treat them with the utmost respect.


My first was a Ruger 9mm

Still regret selling it.



I inherited this when my dad passed away last summer.

S&W 357

never selling this!!

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #41
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
heh, yeah, if money weren't an issue, I'd probably get some silencers for the heck of it, too.

I plan on getting my class 3 license - they're really not expensive where i live, but I haven't figured out WHAT I want the license for yet. Some type of rifle, sure, but there are just soooo many!

To switch gears, I went to a new gunshop last fall, and they were selling one of THESE babies:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Barrett is such a nice rifle. I finally got to see one in person a couple months ago at a gun show I was at. It was huge. I couldn't imagine firing one.

Figuring out which Class 3 to get is a hard decision. I've looked at a few and they are just so expensive unless you are military or law enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post
When it comes to guns I always think of what Christian Slater said in True Romance:
"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

I have a love and hate relationship for guns. I hate what they do but they are a necessary evil to have. I grew up with them but I understand why people are opposed to them. You can't make a mistake with a gun there are no second chances, I treat them with the utmost respect.


My first was a Ruger 9mm

Still regret selling it.



I inherited this when my dad passed away last summer.

S&W 357

never selling this!!
I regret selling my Ruger .45 years ago. It was such a sweet pistol and so easy to shoot.

Love the S&W 357. My dad has a 357 and I guess I will inherit his collection when he passes.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #42
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!
 
mrvlknight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
You can't kill dozens of people per minute with a pistol or shotgun.

Sure you can.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
...and you can kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds in a car. Hundreds of people in minutes with a match and some gasoline...you get the point.

Like Craigdbfan said, the vast majority of gun-related deaths are due to people who have illegal possession of a gun. You take away all the guns from all the legal owners, and that death toll number won't lower in the slightest.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
That is a nice AR. Is the can real or a fake? Mine is a fake. I am considering getting a real suppressor, but they are expensive, not to mention the $200 stamp tax.

As for anyone thinking of purchasing, please think about it and if need be take training courses. I take my gun ownership very serious and safety is my main concern with these weapons. Whenever I take anyone out with me, if they have never fired a weapon we go over a lot of things.

I guess being in LE you can get class 3 weapons as well. I've been wanting to get one, but I can't afford them.
No, its a fake. I dont even have it on there anymore, its just sittting in the range bag now. (updated pics coming soon).

And yes, to echo what has been said, TRAINING is SOOOOO much more important than the tool that you use. Training for both 1) safety and 2) how to use it properly and well so that you are confident.

Because of my background, I have hundreds and hundreds of hours of training, and not just standing still, taking aim and firing at my own pace. Im talking about reload drills, moving while shooting, multiple targets, moving targets, individual and team tactics, transition drills, shooting from and through cars and other objects, accuracy under stress, etc etc etc. Heck I had to complete a shotgun and pistol course with the instructors throwing rocks and insults at me! LOL!

All of that and I still SEEK OUT more training, such as local gun clubs weekend seminars/training courses, etc. It is THAT important. I went to the range the other day with some guys who had owned their guns for a year and couldnt remember how to rack the slide! To me, those people are asking for trouble if they go to retrieve their gun in a situation and THINK they can use it, when they really havent been trained.

Ok, off my soap box for now.

__________________
What are your goals?
mrvlknight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #43
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!
 
mrvlknight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: The Gun Thread

By the way, I cant wait for the new Keltec shotgun to come out (supposedly this fall).



It holds 14 rounds via 2 tubes and has a selector switch.....sooooo, you can load up one tubes with slugs and one with buckshot and switch as needed (depending on the zombie attack)!
Plus its nice and short and has rails ready for any necessary add ons.

__________________
What are your goals?

Last edited by mrvlknight21; 03-16-2011 at 08:54 AM.
mrvlknight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #44
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

I read that the price is about $800 too. It does look nice. I'd probably sell my Mossberg and put it towards this.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #45
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!
 
mrvlknight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
I read that the price is about $800 too. It does look nice. I'd probably sell my Mossberg and put it towards this.
Hmmm. Cant keep the Mossburg and get it?

Another one I want to pick up at some point...a 1911.



Of course it will be customized my way and likely end up being a "safe queen."

__________________
What are your goals?
mrvlknight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #46
Mr.Webs
Something Witty Here
 
Mr.Webs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coasting Upon The Winds Of Change...
Posts: 18,311
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Alright, so I turn 21 tomorrow and I've been thinking about getting something of my own. As an avid historian of WW2 and a love for the west, I was thinkin' about getting something like these.








__________________
Heaven's not in the sky, for the kingdom is within.
http://theblackrosesband.com/home.cfm
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-B...app_2405167945
Mr.Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #47
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect
 
Mace Bloodstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 6,234
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
The Barrett is such a nice rifle. I finally got to see one in person a couple months ago at a gun show I was at. It was huge. I couldn't imagine firing one.

Figuring out which Class 3 to get is a hard decision. I've looked at a few and they are just so expensive unless you are military or law enforcement.



I regret selling my Ruger .45 years ago. It was such a sweet pistol and so easy to shoot.

Love the S&W 357. My dad has a 357 and I guess I will inherit his collection when he passes.

I've never shot a 45 before.. My 9mm didn't have much kick at all, it was great.


Ruger prices are still pretty good, I hope the SR9 will be my next one




I also like the 9mm Baby Desert Eagle. Don't know much about them, I just think those are pretty sweet looking.

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #48
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvlknight21 View Post
Hmmm. Cant keep the Mossburg and get it?

Another one I want to pick up at some point...a 1911.



Of course it will be customized my way and likely end up being a "safe queen."
I could keep the Mossberg, but I feel I only need one shotgun. Knowing how I am though, I will probably keep it and just not use it.

1911's are so great. I have always been a fan of them. When I got mine, I was hoping it was a Colt, but you pay more for the Colt name. Mine is a Charles Daly which ironically was made right here in Harrisburg, PA. I want another 1911 too.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #49
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post
I've never shot a 45 before.. My 9mm didn't have much kick at all, it was great.


Ruger prices are still pretty good, I hope the SR9 will be my next one




I also like the 9mm Baby Desert Eagle. Don't know much about them, I just think those are pretty sweet looking.
.45 Calibers have a kick, but it's nothing big. Definitely give it a try if you get the chance. I got to fire a 10mm a couple months ago and I fired it with my left hand and that had a recoil that I wasn't expecting.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #50
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!
 
mrvlknight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
I could keep the Mossberg, but I feel I only need one shotgun. Knowing how I am though, I will probably keep it and just not use it.

1911's are so great. I have always been a fan of them. When I got mine, I was hoping it was a Colt, but you pay more for the Colt name. Mine is a Charles Daly which ironically was made right here in Harrisburg, PA. I want another 1911 too.

Yeah, the 1911 I purchase doesnt have to be a Colt, there are plenty of good manufacturers out there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post
.45 Calibers have a kick, but it's nothing big. Definitely give it a try if you get the chance. I got to fire a 10mm a couple months ago and I fired it with my left hand and that had a recoil that I wasn't expecting.
A lot of that ("kick") depends on the load used and the weight of the gun. My 9mm kicks more than my 45 because my 9mm is so light. That said, Ive never met an adult male that couldnt handle any caliber handgun.

__________________
What are your goals?
mrvlknight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.