Repent, Harlequin!

Default Re: The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0 Signup/OOC Thread

And your point is........?

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #27
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I'll chuck mine up tomorrow... or so. Depending on work.

Just a heads-up too, Andy, the link in your sig is still going to be connected to the old thread.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #28
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Wikis for my three current characters updated. I'll find some time soon to do Arana, Punisher, and Ghost Rider.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #29
sabetoonth
Who?

Ill work on Wiki's and apps in the coming days

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #30
Harlekin
Business

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #31
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

New app! Hooray!

Also, I'll be working on my wiki pages tonight and tomorrow, and I'll have my Blade and Shadowcat apps up soon.

Character you would like to play:
T’Challa/Black Panther

Powers: T’Challa was born a mutant, as was his father, grandfather, and so on, all the way back to the first Black Panther, T’Challa’s ancestor Bashenga, who united Wakanda. It is believed that a Vibranium comet crashed in the small African country during the time of Bashenga, triggering the mutation in the family. The Black Panther mutation involves super-human strength, durability, stamina, agility, reflexes, a slight healing factor, as well as cat-like acute senses.

As he was also born to be a future warrior king, T’Challa was trained since he could walk in the martial arts. He’s a master of almost all forms, as well as being an incredibly skilled combatant with bladed weapons. He has also trained to be an expert marksman and tactician.

T’Challa has also been classified to having a genius level intellect, and is a skilled inventor. He has used these abilities to not only begin leading his country with distinction, but to also craft his weapons for crime fighting, most of which are crafted from Vibranium.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): T’Challa was born to King T’Chaka of Wakanda, a small nation in Africa. From his birth, he was the heir to the throne, and was raised to be a warrior king. During his father’s rule, Wakanda shut itself off from the word, and became one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. It was considered the jewel of Africa, a shining beacon of stability in an otherwise turbulent sea of change.

When he came of age, T’Challa was sent to America and Europe for schooling, where he received degrees from MIT, Harvard, and Oxford. But that is not the only thing he learned in America. He also learned that he was a warrior in a war that was about to erupt. In America, he was contacted by Nick Fury, a man long thought dead working for an agency long thought disbanded, who approached him with an offer to join a team he was putting together. A team that would help protect humanity from any and all threats posed to it.

But before the young man could give Fury an answer, tragedy struck in his life. Even though Wakanda was a fairly stable country, there were those within her borders that wanted to usurp the Black Panther line. The main rebellious faction was called the Cult of the White Gorilla, led by a man named M'Baku, who wanted to use the country’s technological might to conquer all of Africa. His men assassinated T’Chaka and began a civil war in the country. So T’Challa left America, and left Fury’s offer, in order to return home and lead his people.

Black Panther now stands on the precipice of ending Wakanda’s civil war after Thor took back M’Baku’s power.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: I want to be on the ground level of the universe's Avengers, and Black Panther is an interesting character that I'd like to try out.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I plan on bringing him back to America in order to get in touch with Captain America and become an Avenger, giving the team an international flair.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I'm a dedicated player. I've also got an interesting character and a good story to tell.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

I read over the memo that was placed on my desk early this morning one again, and smile as the words run through my head. Captain America certainly does have a way with words, but that is to be expected considering his lineage. And knowing that he is taking over for Fury makes me know he is a man who can be trusted.

"My king," one of my top advisors says as he enters my office. "M'Baku has made a communication."

Placing the memo down on my desk, I look up at him, "And? What does the madman want of me?"

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #32
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

I made an attempt to update the Thor wiki page, but I couldn't get the image to go in the right place, and stopped before I trashed my computer in a rage. Will have apps up soon.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Catman_prb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #33
The Cocreator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
UltimateRPGs is a generic account used by anyone with GM status to help run the games. I just posted the initial posts so I can do updates on the roster and whatnot without having to log off and on with different accounts.

Byrd is APPROVED yet again for Matt Murdock.

My own apps will be up tonight, after I get some dinner.
This will really make me a dumb troll but, what's GM status

The Cocreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #34
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cocreator View Post
This will really make me a dumb troll but, what's GM status
GM is Game Master. It's a person in charge of maintaining rosters, approving applications, and setting in- and out-of-game problems. And that doesn't make you a troll - at least not an internet troll, anyway.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
The Cocreator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
GM is Game Master. It's a person in charge of maintaining rosters, approving applications, and setting in- and out-of-game problems. And that doesn't make you a troll - at least not an internet troll, anyway.
~But it makes me dumb

The Cocreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

There are no stupid questions, just stupid RPers......lots and lots of stupid RPers.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #37
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
There are no stupid questions, just stupid RPers......lots and lots of stupid RPers.
This is how you properly troll!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #38
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Hey, you know what sucks about having a virus re-emerge on your computer despite deleting it months ago and having to waste all of your free time purging it from your computer yet again? ****ing everything.

Carnage27 is APPROVED for T'Challa, with a couple of notes:

-Right now the only known sample of Vibranium is the meteorite that crashed in Latveria in Season 1. There can be one that triggered the mutations in that region, but it wouldn't be a known thing.

-In your sample post you mentioned that Captain America was 'taking over' for Nick Fury. When Fury said that, he meant it purely in a figurative sense; Cap has no actual standing in SHIELD and is still a fugitive from the US government, and the Avengers are an entirely separate entity from either organization.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #39
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Andy, the Vibranium was going to be a secret within Wakanda, only known by the royal family and their top advisers. It's kinda key to the character, so I hope that's okay.

And I meant Cap was taking over the Avengers, not SHIELD.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #40
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

We can say that the meteorite that landed in Latveria last season was the first piece of Vibranium to land outside Wakanda. Since the Four took it away from Doom, we can always say the US government has it under lock and key, figuring out exactly what it is and what they can do with it.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #41
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

That works.

Cap and Cyke apps will be up tonight; real-life just does not want me to work on this game, apparently, as I got called in for a double shift at work.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #42
sabetoonth
Who?

Working on History for Hulk, and Sabretooth wiki is started

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #43
That person
Bull Moose

Any Spidey villains who haven't been used yet?

"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
That person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Phew! All Wiki pages updated! *does a happy dance*

Cocreator, here's the link to The Punisher's page: http://superherohyperpg.wetpaint.com...%28All-Star%29. If you're still interested in playing him, that will tell you everything you need to know.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #45
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That person View Post
Any Spidey villains who haven't been used yet?
Current villains that Spidey's fought, and the order they've appeared:

The Enforcers
Electro
Tombstone
Shocker
Rhino
Black Cat
Vulture
Sandman
Scorpion
Man Mountain Marko
Hammerhead
Kraven the Hunter
Silvermane
Mister Negative
The Green Goblin

Already established as villains but haven't fought Spidey yet:

Doctor Octopus
The Kingpin
The Tinkerer

Established as characters but not full-on villains yet:

Curt Connors
Miles Warren
Spencer Smythe
Eddie Brock

I will get Wiki pages on all of them as soon as time allows. In the meantime, send me a PM if you want specific info on any of them.

Last edited by Andy C.; 03-09-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #46
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Strange, Shadowcat, and Blade wikis are up.

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde aka Shadowcat

Powers: Kitty is capable of manipulating the molecule of her body. This allows her to move them apart, making her intangible. In this form, she can walk through walls, walk on thin air, or disrupt electrical devices. In this for, Kitty can also cause anything she touches to become intangible.

Kitty also has the ability to condense her form, granting her super strength and invulnerability, but she is unaware of this ability at this time.

While not a super power, Shadowcat is a genius when it comes to electronics and computer programming. She is also a talented hand-to-hand fighter due to her X-Men training.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Kitty was born to Theresa Pryde, a single mother living in New York City. When her mutant powers began to manifest at the age of 9 she was registered as a mutant, and due to the headaches ad random phasing through objects she was enrolled in the Xavier Institute.

While there, she excelled in science and technology classes, and soon surpassed her instructors in those areas. She also enrolled herself in the X-Men program, and was accepted.

Kitty became a member of the X-men, and when there started dating Bobby "Iceman" Drake. Before becoming part of the team, she lived most of her life inside the Institute. As a fresh-faced recruit, she went on a few recruitment missions, including the one to recruit Anna Marie to the X-Men.

It was after this mission that an unknown agent placed the lost writings of Charles Xavier in Kitty and other X-Men's bunks. The writings contradicted much of what HAMMER had released on Xavier and threw Shadowcat's world on its head.

A meeting was called by Scott Summers, aka Cyclops, to decide what to do with the new information. It was here that the unknown agent was revealed to be Emma Frost, an agent of SHIELD and Nick Fury. It was here that it was also decided that the X-Men would liberate Brotherhood members who wished to defect as well as free captured agent Jean Grey.

The mission was a success, but when the team returned they decided to cut themselves off from the government and HAMMER and change the Xavier Institute into a school. She is now helping the team transition, as well as performing missions for Scott Summers.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Kitty has always been one of my favorite X-Men characters, and I'd love to play her in the new world we have going here. I also have a direction in which I'd like to take the character.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I plan on helping Kitty transition to the new generation of X-Men, including a more prominent role on the team and in the mutant world in general.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A player with experience and a good story to tell.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

The sun shines brightly over the Xavier Institute, and I can't help but smile as I see all the new students meandering, playing, and lunging on the grounds. It's been a rough few weeks, but we've gotten the place off the ground, and I can't be happier. I finally feel like I'm somewhere I belong. Somewhere it's safe to be a mutant.

"You look happy," Bobby Drake, my boyfriend and the mutant known as Iceman, says as he comes up behind me. He's had a tougher transition than I have. He feels like he's failed in his duty. In all honesty it's beginning to annoy me.

"I am," I reply with a shrug. "Come on, let's introduce ourselves to the new students and find them some rooms."

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Blade

Powers: Blade is a vampire, at least that’s what anyone ignorant to his origin would call him. He has superhuman senses of sight and hearing, allowing him to see in total darkness and at great distances, as well as hear sounds no human ear could. Blade also possesses superhuman strength(about 1 ton), speed, agility, and stamina. He also has a powerful regenerative healing ability. Blade also does not possess the weakness to the sun that the others of his kind do.

On top of his natural abilities, Blade has been trained to be a master of all forms of combat, preferring bladed weapons and hand to hand combat over firearms.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Blade was not born. He was made. When mutants began to become more prominent in the world, the President of the United States, along with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, started a secret program in order to research and breed the perfect mutant and metahuman hunter, just in case it was needed.

Years of government funding were secretly poured into the program, and eventually the first of many experiments were done on live human hosts with the “X-gene replicator”. Unfortunately, each one turned out the same. While the hosts were endowed with super human abilities, the new gifts came at a great cost. The hosts were given a thirst for blood, as well as an extreme allergy to sunlight, causing extreme pain when exposed to it. In order to ensure the public’s safety, the subjects were incarcerated at Genosha Bay Prison.

In 1985, a final test was decided upon. This time, a test-tube grown fetus would be used in hopes that if a human grew with the gene replicator that it would be a success. And their theory was correct. The child grew, and while it still contracted the taste for blood, it did not possess the weakness to sunlight the others did.

As the boy grew, he was trained in all forms of combat, as well as stealth techniques, in order to become the world’s most feared hunter. He has been sent on many assassination missions for the US government since he has come of age, and has performed admirably, but he longs to be set against those that he was bred to take down.

Blade got the chance he was waiting for when Genosha Bay experienced a mass breakout, and the other experiments from the X-Replicator Experiments escaped. He was tasked by HAMMER to track them down and kill them. He tracked the first group to Miami, Florida where he killed all but one.

But that final one turned out to be Elizabeth, who had the exact same abilities as Blade save for his readiness to murder. Finding out from Harker that she was imprisoned for not being able to kill, Blade's faith in his duties were shaken as he continued his search.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: I played him last season and want to finish the story I started.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Obviously his origin is a lot different. I also want him to be much more main stream than normal.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A dedicated player who has a good story to tell.

Betrayal. It's the one word I never thought I'd have to deal with. I always thought that HAMMER had given me a straight lane, that we were always on the level with each other. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. They hid the existence of a woman that is exactly the same as me. And they also hid that they imprisoned her for absolutely no reason.

Yet I continue my hunt, for no other reason than to find her, and talk to her. I've followed the other mutant's trails north of Florida into the Smokey Mountains. It's here that I expect to find one of Morbius's lieutenant. I think it's the hulking one Harker showed me all those years ago. Even if his name escapes me now, I could never forget the animalistic urge I saw in his eyes.

A rustle in some bushes over a hundred yards away draws my attention, and I smile, "Party time."

Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #47
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Huzzah! Kitty and Blade are both APPROVED!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #48
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Interesting picture choice for Blade. I had planned on doing a Blade/Punisher teamup, but then I got bogged down by Punisher's origin and dropped him.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #49
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Interesting picture choice for Blade. I had planned on doing a Blade/Punisher teamup, but then I got bogged down by Punisher's origin and dropped him.
Yea, I wouldn't mind getting them together eventually.

The curse of the Punisher is strong, though.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #50
sabetoonth
Who?

That's actually tempting me damnit.

Avvy by Kane52630