The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #76
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Default Re: The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0 Signup/OOC Thread

IC thread is live, people! Let's get to it!

Andy C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #77
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

I missed Howard.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #78
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

I'll have posts up this weekend. Schools bogging me down this week.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #79
sabetoonth
Who?

Working on posts as we speak

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #80
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Yes, that post is an open invitation for Avengers to use Jarvis in his robot body as an NPC when they're at Stark/Avengers Mansion.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #81
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Ermmm.....Harl? Care to put up an application before posting in the IC thread? I know Byrd said you two were gonna do some detective stuff together, and I liked what you had in mind, but I'd like to know which characters in particular you're playing. At least for the sake of protocol.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #82
Byrd Man
El Hombre PŠjaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
Ermmm.....Harl? Care to put up an application before posting in the IC thread? I know Byrd said you two were gonna do some detective stuff together, and I liked what you had in mind, but I'd like to know which characters in particular you're playing. At least for the sake of protocol.
Sorry about that, Andy. Harl and I talked about putting up apps. It's just, the whole thing is a bit weird. We're both portraying more than one character, and we're alternating posts so we're not really playing one character in particular, just NPCing a **** load of folks. If we need to throw up an app, then we'll do it.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #83
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Calvin Rankin Jr aka Mimic

Powers: Mimic is able to copy the knowledge, skills, and powers of every individual within a certain range of him. If there are to many superhumans around he will have difficulty juggling multiple powers, and his body can be overloaded by absorbing too many at once. However if they travel far enough their powers are instantly lost unless he has made physical contact with them and copied their powers permanently. He can copy up to five individual powers and they are only at half capacity.

(List of Powers he has mimic)

Wolverine: Accelerated healing, enhanced senses, bone claws.

Colossus: Organic steel skin, super strength and durability.

Northstar: Flight, super speed.

Vulcan: Energy absorption, energy manipulation.

Hulk: Super strength, durability, stamina, regenerative healing factor

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):Calvin grew up just like any other ordinary child, two loving parents and friends who cared about him and a roof over his head. With his father being a brilliant scientist working for the government Calvin and his mother never had to want for anything. His life almost seemed as if it was something from a fairy tale. That is till he became the age of 14. On the day of his birthday, friends and family members all made an appearance but none could be more special than Calvinís Godfather and his friend he brought along with him. When Calvin was introduced to his Godfatherís friend Sara Smith he shook her hand and at that moment his power manifested. Within a instant he gained all of her knowledge and from doing so he found out that her real name wasnít Sara Smith. The truth was she didnít have a name she just went by the name the Native and her codename was Feral. After being over whelmed with knowing the truth about his Godfatherís friend he began to panic and began to yell out information. Information that didnít make since to his father but it did to his Godfather, Malcolm Colcord. Thinking that his son was losing his mind Calvinís father quickly asked everyone to exit. He didnít understand what was happening to his son till his friend Malcolm told him that his son is a mutant. He didnít believe a word of it until his son fell to the ground screaming in pain as three bone claws ripped its way through his flesh between his knuckles. Calvinís father Calvin Senior knew what was ahead for his son and that wasnít the life he predicted for him.

After seeing how broke his friend was Malcolm extended a helping hand telling Cal senior that he has a program that Calvin can join and he could teach him how to control his powers amongst other things. But Senior didnít want his son to learn how to control it he wanted them gone. As Malcolmís first proposal was rejected he presented another. He told his childhood friend that if he works for him that he will give him everything he needs so he can find a cure for his son. Senior always known what it was Malcolm did but he didnít want any part of it but now that his sonís life is at steak he wasted no time to take the offer.

6 months later Calvinís father approached his son with the cure to get ride of that awful X-gene. He injected his son with the so called cure. He told him that its effect is instant and should only take a brief moment. But to their surprise the cure didnít work and shortly after they both came to the realization that it was not a cure but something else.

Malcolm force his way into the Rankin household with two other people. Calvinís father couldnít believe that he was betrayed by his best friend, the man he made his son Godfather. Malcolm then told Calvinís dad that what he was working on wasnít a cure but the first formula created to enhance a mutants ability and now that his son was injected with it he is taking him to be part of the Weapon X program.

Later he was reassigned to Haller and joined his team. Now part of the Weapon X team he fallowed the orders of the teamís leader, Wolverine. On his first mission Calvin did what he could to assist the team with the end result being the capture of Sabretooth. During the interrogation with their new captive, Wolverine went AWOL and because of this action Weapon X new team leader became Sabretooth. Right away Sabretooth put Weapon X to the work with some training exorcise in the Danger Room. During the training Calvin got in touch with his more animal side. Their training was cut short when they got some information of Wolverine and the Reavers. On the mission Calvin had engaged in a battle with Daken. Calvin did what he could to hold his own but at the end of the fight he had lost because of the fact he lack skill.

As time went on Victor and Calvin began to form a bond with one anther. Calvin was quick to fallow under Victorís teaching. He trained him in martial arts and also fighting strategies amongst other thanks. The two were the very definition of master and apprentice.

The team was then relocated to Hawaii. While there they fallowed a lead that was post to lead them to the Reaverís but they came up empty handed. Till later on they received a anonymous call giving them the location of the Reaverís. So Calvin and the rest of Weapon-X went to Japan. There they encounter the Reaverís for the last and final time. Calvin had finally got the chance to have his rematch with Daken. Unlike last time Calvin now trained under Sabretooth and in more control of his powers ended up winning this battle. The Weapon X team came up victorious capturing the Reaverís plus Wolverine.

Afterwards the Weapon X team was disbanded. Calvinís Godfather, Malcolm Colcord pulled some string to get Calvin back in his possession. Now no longer part of HAMMER Malcolm is starting his own organization with his prized mutant leading the way.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: He is the character I started with and I plan on sticking with him.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Most of all that has went down in season one Calvin was more of a student learning and fallowing orders. Now with what has taken place with the X-Men and Weapon-X he can now grow into his own man and I plan on showing his journey to become the great mutant that he can be.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Add another creative mind to the fold. Also a bad ass mutant who came to do two things, kick ass and chew bubblegum and heís all out of bubble gum.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

The words Victor spoke stuck to my mind like glue. One line in particular he said continues to replay the ends justify the means. I would never have thought a savage like Sabretooth would drop words of wisdom on me. Guess with all his time being on this Earth he has gain a lot of knowledge over the years. Truly a man I can learn from and gain my own experience to help shape me into the man I hope I can be.

ďI must say Sab Iím glad we had this little talk, you help me realize something I didnít realize before.Ē I tell him.

In order for me to walk down this road I must first acknowledge that I am not like everyone else. As much as I wish to be human I am not, Iím a mutant and must embrace this. Because how can I say I want to help others like me when I donít even recognize my true nature? Can I really say my acts are pure if I help a mutant when I donít claim to be one inside? To truly grow into the man I want to be I must put this foolishness behind me. I can no longer be Calvin Rankins the child who denied his being and kid of a beautiful stay at home mother and son of a profound scientist father. I must be the mutant with the ability to copy the powers of other super powered individuals. I must be the member of the team Weapon X and more importantly I must truly become Mimic.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #84
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Sorry about that, Andy. Harl and I talked about putting up apps. It's just, the whole thing is a bit weird. We're both portraying more than one character, and we're alternating posts so we're not really playing one character in particular, just NPCing a **** load of folks. If we need to throw up an app, then we'll do it.
Understandable, and I know I've NPC'ed a lot of characters at once when doing my own stuff. I'd just prefer it if there were one or two centralized characters around which the story could be told, with the other characters being used as NPCs. Would you guys be able to do that?

I'm not trying to come down on you two, because I actually do want to see where the story goes and I know you've got the chops to make it awesome. But at the very least, it'd help me keep the rosters straight if you had a couple of central protagonists. Plus, I don't think we've ever had a collaborative story without set characters, so I'm not really sure where this fits in with the traditional RPG Etiquette.

On an unrelated note, Majestic is APPROVED for Mimic.

Last edited by Andy C.; 03-17-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #85
Byrd Man
El Hombre PŠjaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
Understandable, and I know I've NPC'ed a lot of characters at once when doing my own stuff. I'd just prefer it if there were one or two centralized characters around which the story could be told, with the other characters being used as NPCs. Would you guys be able to do that?

I'm not trying to come down on you two, because I actually do want to see where the story goes and I know you've got the chops to make it awesome. But at the very least, it'd help me keep the rosters straight if you had a couple of central protagonists. Plus, I don't think we've ever had a collaborative story without set characters, so I'm not really sure where this fits in with the traditional RPG Etiquette.
I understand. We all gotta follow the rules, no matter how badass we may be.

I'll put up my app in a few hours.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #86
Byrd Man
El Hombre PŠjaro

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: NYPD Officer Denzel "Daz" Pierce

Powers: No powers, but Daz is a decent shot with his standard issue pistol, but his real skill is driving. He is among the most talented drivers in the NYPD.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):

Denzel "Daz" Pierce was born in in Newark, New Jersey to parents Roland and Bernice Pierce, the youngest of three children. Daz spent the better part of his childhood as a heavyset and slow kid, sometimes winding up as the butt of jokes with other children and some adults in the neighborhood. Once Daz hit the age of 13, puberty kicked in and a timely growth spurt put the young man at 6'5 and turned his squeaky voice into a deep baritone. With the added height, Daz went out for basketball in high school and became a star on two state championship teams. An injury in his junior year caused him to miss out on athletic scholarships.

After graduating high school and very little prospects, Daz decided to become a police. While he Newark Police Department was not hiring, NYPD's academy accepted him and he joined up. While Daz did well in mot of his courses, he particularly excelled at driving courses. After graduation, Daz became a patrolman in the NYPD's 60th precinct in Brooklyn. Three years of steady work on the street led to him being reassigned to the 24th precinct in Manhattan as part of the unit's plainclothes narcotics unit. Four years in the unit, and a file of reliable service, Daz was hand-picked to join a new and elite unit. An off-shoot of the Major Case Squad, the NYPD's Quick Response Team on Metahuman Affairs, or called "567" for short. One of only four members, Daz acts as the group's driver and does any and everything he can for Sergeant Tork and his fellow officers in the 567.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Harl and I got together and started working on this story over two months ago. Since that time, we've been working on the stories and the characters and I think Daz is the one I like the best.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Bust heads, roll out, and kick some ass. Not necessarily in that order.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring an experienced RPer with nearly five years experience in the RPGs. Goddamn, where does the time go? Anyway, I think I can also bring a pretty good story. Harl and I are both really looking forward to doing this and writing it.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

New York City.
Sixth Avenue.
En Route.
The Chevy Nova swerved in and out of the busy Midtown traffic at breathtaking speeds. Daz in the driver's seat and Tork riding shotgun were calm and collected as the officer weaved through traffic with the blue light on the dashboard flashing. In the tape deck, the theme song from Shaft blared out of the speakers.

While Daz and Tork looked ahead with neutral looks, the two officers in the back were less than calm. DeWolff's hands were locked around the seatbelt in her lap like a vicegrip, while Gonzalez shook his right leg nervously and was whispering prayers under his breath.

"Not use to this speed out on the water," Tork asked Gonzalez with an amused look back at the two cops. Gonzalez looked at the sergeant and continued muttering his prayers. Tork chuckled and looked at DeWolff. "Say, detective, you look a little green under the gills."

DeWolff shot Tork a dirty look and flinched slightly as she saw Daz weave the car through a space in traffic between a bus and a taxi. Tork turned back to the front and laughed. "Don't worry, guys, I've seen Daz make it through heavier traffic. The man is born to drive."

"Damn right," Daz said while sharply cutting the wheel. "See, he's a complicated man. The only one who understands him is his woman."

"That's right," Tork said. "Daz, he's a bad mother-"

"Shut your mouth," Daz quickly replied.

"Just talking about Daz,."

The two cops in the front seat laughed together while the two in the backseat exchanged nervous glances and wondered exactly what they had gotten themselves into.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #87
Harlekin
Business

Just put us on the roster as '72 Chevy (Sgt. Tork, Denzel "Daz" Pierce, Jean DeWolff and Vin Gonzales). I'll put up some character bios on the RPG and a Tork app if need be.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #88
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Sounds good. And with that, the '72 Chevy cast is APPROVED

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #89
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Dropping Blade. Just don't have the time for him right now.

Working on posts for Black Panther and Shadowcat posts.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #90
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

And the Blade curse takes another victim.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #91
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
And the Blade curse takes another victim.
Eh I plan on getting back to him.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #92
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Allowing yourself to get victimized twice?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #93
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Okay, so work has been completely and thoroughly whooping my ass for the last week or so, which is why I haven't been active. However, now that I've got a few days off lined up, I should be back up to full speed tomorrow.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #94
sabetoonth
Who?

Ive been fighting with my muse on this Hulk arc, I know where I want to end, but I need a begining and a middle, Im back tracking as I write the posts, so Im pretty much writing the arc backwards. Might be a while

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #95
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Kick his muse-ass, Toonth!

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #96
sabetoonth
Who?

So I got a post up. Muse is being more cooperative now

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #97
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Posts up Friday.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #98
Byrd Man
El Hombre PŠjaro

So yeah, Toonth's post got me thinking....where in the holy **** is everyone and why aren't you posting?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #99
Rain Dog
Failure

I died eight days ago in a steamshovel accident.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #100
Byrd Man
El Hombre PŠjaro

Yeaaah, about that....I'm sorry. Told you to get outta the way.