The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 05-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #101
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Default Re: The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0 Signup/OOC Thread

I was stuck at home during a week-long blackout following a storm that wiped out several towns in the region and killed about 300 people. You may have seen it on the news in between Bin Laden finally getting iced and all that nonsense about the Royal Wedding.

So that's my excuse.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #102
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

I'll have posts up this weekend. Right now I've got to plan out my Panther arc and get going with Kitty, and I just don't have the time for planning right now with finals. But I'm done school forever on Monday...so yea.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #103
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Well well well, seems there's still some life in here after all. I realize that everyone's been busy because of school and whatnot, but I was really starting to get worried that this place was going to start gathering cobwebs.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #104
sabetoonth
Who?

I come in every once in awhile and clean it

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #105
LiMoNiTe
Side-Kick

CHARACTER:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/U] Antonio "Tony" "Armadillo" Rodriguez

POWERS: Exoskeleton armor that makes him look much like a Armadillo thus the name, along with super human strength and stamina, and also a formidable wrestler.

BIO: Petty criminal Antonio Rodriguez use to terrorize San Antonio Texas with his wife, until she was diagnosed with cancer. Afraid he could not provide her with the best medical treatment do to lack of finical backing, he sought out the mad scientist Dr. Karl Malus. Dr.Malus a leading expert in biogenetic engineering agreed to help Antonio's wife, if Antonio would agree to become one of his test subjects and carry out a few task for him. Antonio agreed and for a few day the good Dr. worked his magic. Antonio's task usually involved brushes with the avengers, weather it was stealing one thing or another or simply trying to beat up Captain America. After a few jobs Antonio's wife was cured. In order to rebuild his live he began to wrestle for the UCWF (Unlimited Class Wresting federation). Years latter the now claimed Armadillo would fine his wife unfaithful, sending him on a downward past of depression, crime and jail time. Now he is fighting at the Ultimate Fighting League.

WHY I HAVE CHOSEN THIS CHARACTER: For some reason i like a lot of the less talked about character in marvel and he is one I remember see in the X-men show as a kid and wondering who he was till years later when I found the means to enlighten myself.

MY INTENSIONS WITH THIS CHARACTER: A beat up has been bad guy, a beat up has been wrestler, looking for a shot at the big time no matter that maybe.

WHAT I BRING TO THIS RPG: The other guy, the story one one else was going to write or look for. Hopefully my story will give this character with so little depth some real life.

THE FIST ACT:

One Year... Three Months... Fourteen Days... I have no food, I'm flat broke, god damn truck got's a flat, and those smug f***'s at the UFL wont retune one single call in the last year and three months. Heh they better jump on it before the city shut down the electricity again. They shut my damn water off three nights ago, I'm starting to smell myself and the truth is I'm startin' to smell like s***. But hell, it matches the man in the mirror. The worst part though is I know that B**** she is off with that Sancho, probable laughin' at the fact she was smart 'nuff to leave a freak like me. Looking at my life so far you assume me as a dumb s*** good for nuttin', and you could call me a lier is i said you were wrong.
* the self loathing continues for a few minutes in the cold dusty, mildewy apartment until stopped abruptly by the phone ringing*
"I said I'll give you the God damn money when i get it!"
"Wow buddy, It your good friend Rey"
Reys not my friend or my F****** buddy, peolpe you consider a "friend" or "buddy" don't let you starve. How ever Rey Trueno is the man with the money and just so happens to be my so call boss and owner of the UFL.
"What you calling for Rey? You got a job for me or what?"

"yeah i have a job that is if you arn't doing anything"
"Well i just so happens I'm manager of a used car dealership, Course I'm Not doin' S***. Who want to look at a orange rock monster all day."
That thing has the life I tell ya.

"Good I have you up for saturday fight, you and Tombstone. It's under card but it pays, you in?"
"I'll be there."

Place smells the same, blood, money and skanks. Just like o'Rey, Place hasn't seen a face lift in year, but I'm one to talk heh?
"Glad to see you made it. Your in locker room 3 down the..."
"I now where its at Rey"
"well you better hurry you are on in ten."
I make it to to the locker room, it's s*** they are all s***. Poor lightin' that don't scare the roaches away, blood on the floor from god know how many fighters and the smell of lost hope. I hear the one of two decent places in this dump from my locker, locker room one the room for the champ. If I'm not mistaking it's that **** Guy "Flag Smasher" Thierrault. Rey must be on hard times if that guy is champ, i can't see him beatin' anyone, his own penis probably give him S*** when he's lonely. I'm on it ten hurry he said, i walk around bare ass naked all day, how much time does it take to be ready.
*The pre-game party down the hall is defend by the roar of the crowd and the announcer hyping tombstone as he walks down into the cage. Armadillo takes his time but also walks his way to the crowd.*
"And now entering the ring weighting in at fife hundred and forty pounds, The two time UCWF CHAMPION and the ONE TIME UFL CHAMPION, THE SINISTER SHELL, THE ROLLING KNOCK OUT, AAAARMAAAAAADILLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!
"Well, Pat, what can we expect of these two fighter?"

AND THAT'S THE JUST OF IT, HOPEFULLY YOU LIKE IT AND IF ITS COOL I'M GOING TO CUT AND PASTING THIS ON THE FORUM AND KEEP GOING FROM THERE. SORRY I DID NOT PROOF READ, IT'S ONE IN THE MOURNING AND I HAVE TO BE UP FOR WORK IN A FEW HOURS.

Thanks, Wesley Bernier :P

LiMoNiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #106
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Well, hopefully you will proofread in the in-game thread. I can't stand half-assed writing.

Nevertheless, Armadillo is APPROVED.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #107
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Okay, I know activity in the RPGs is at a real low point, but I've lost track of who's still around and who isn't.

So.....show of hands, folks. Who's still here?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #108
Rain Dog
Failure

*creeps out from the shadows behind you and leans in uncomfortably close to your ear*

Meeeeeeeee.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #109
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I'm still hanging around. I'll try to post as Reed, DD before the week is up and add another post into the Chevy crew's exploits.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #110
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

I'm still here. Definitely with Kitty. I'm having a bit of trouble thinking where I want to take Black Panther, but I still want to play him.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #111
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Still here C of The Andy, was going to get a post in sometime tonight just got back from being out of town.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #112
sabetoonth
Who?

Having issue connecting point A to B in my Hulk arc but still here for now.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #113
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Okay, it's been over two whole weeks with zero activity (myself included, I'm ashamed to admit). As much as I hate to do it, I think it's time to call it a day on this one.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #114
Rain Dog
Failure

That makes me a saaaad panda.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #115
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Seriously? Why not do what I do and just yell and boss people around....that....doesn't really work like it used to.

But come on, we gotta try. Recruit or something. This baby goes under and the entire Marvel section is dead.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #116
Rain Dog
Failure

I've been working on a Howard post on and off this week but came to a stop because a friend of mine is on leave and I'm trying to hang out with him as much as I can before he goes back. Dunno if my 1 Howard post well help get things moving again

Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #117
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I thought the same when I was deciding to put up a Mr. Fantastic post.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #118
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

1 post is better than no posts. I really don't want this baby to die--there's way too much stuff I want to do with Spider-Man.

If we're gonna do this, we oughta do it right. Give this baby the shot she deserves.

I'm starting the weekly roster checks again, starting Monday. And I'm gonna do everything in my power to stay active in the game with my characters. I'm gonna give it one month to see if there's significant improvement.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #119
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
1 post is better than no posts. I really don't want this baby to die--there's way too much stuff I want to do with Spider-Man.

If we're gonna do this, we oughta do it right. Give this baby the shot she deserves.

I'm starting the weekly roster checks again, starting Monday. And I'm gonna do everything in my power to stay active in the game with my characters. I'm gonna give it one month to see if there's significant improvement.
I need to get myself more active as well. I don't want this to die either, even if my recent track record shows differently.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #120
sabetoonth
Who?

I dont want this to die. My first long term game I've been in for the long haul. Only issue getting another Hulk post up is closing it nicely.

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #121
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

I shall not let this rpg go gentle into that good night. I'll do my part and start posting more. I got idea's with Mimic now that he has his own team and what have you. And I still haven't had the chance to work with others yet (Beside Sab.)

Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #122
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Andy, do you have a plan to get the X-Men moving forward? Just wondering because I'm looking to get going with Kitty.

Also, expect an app up later tonight.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #123
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Heh, sorry, I kind of hit a dead-end with Cyke. Feel free to do what you want with Kitty.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #124
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
Heh, sorry, I kind of hit a dead-end with Cyke. Feel free to do what you want with Kitty.
Okay, cool.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #125
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Tony Stark/Iron Man

Powers: Tony has no natural powers. However, due to the accident he had from the military, his right side is augmented with cybernetic implants, which grant him slight superhuman strength. Tony also has a miniture arc reactor in his chest that allows him to run and pilot the Iron Man suit.

Tony pilots the Iron Man armor, which is above top of the line Stark Enterprises technology. The suite provides Tony with superhuman strength, superhuman endurance, flight, and a vast array of offensive capabilities.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): In the first season of ASM, Tony began working anonymously as Iron Man in order to combat terrorists who have come into possession with Stark weapons, as well as to discover who was providing them with the weapons. During this time, he also teamed with Captain America and Thor in order to bring down a rampaging Hulk, after which the three agreed to team up if any future threat needed all their attention.

After the Stark Expo, where Tony was forced to announced a line of pilotable Iron Men suits from Stark Inustries, Tony discovered that SI's CEO Obadiah Stane was the one providing terrorist with weapons. Using this information, Stark forced his father's longtime partner out of the company and took over the CEO position. Here, he changed the company's name to Stark Enterprises, and moved them out of the weapons manufacturing business. Tony also went public with his dual identity.

Eventually, Tony faced Obadiah in combat, defeating him and his Iron Monger armor. Tony also met with Captain America at his father's old mansion, where it was discovered that Howard was a founding member of SHIELD. The mansion then became the home of the newly formed Avengers.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: It's Tony Freaking Stark. He's the guy all of us wish we could be. He's got all the money, women, and power anyone could ever asked for. He seems like such a fun character to write, and I'd like to try my hand at him.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): The Avengers need to be represented in the game, and Iron Man is by far my favorite in that regard. Also, I'd like to bring one of Iron Man's more iconic villains into the fold.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring a player with a decent amount of free time to get this game back up and running. Plus, I mean we need some of the big players represented here.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

"You know Pepper doesn't like me going out with you," Happy Hogan protests as we step out of the car.

"Yea well, I need a wingman," I give him a sarcastic smile. I do like hanging out with Happy, and I could use a nice chill night out. "I mean it's not like I can bring Captain America out with me. And Thor speaks like he's a guest at the Royal Wedding and dresses like he's ready to go LARPing. Yea, LARPing. I know what it is. The geeks love me. I need to stay up on that kind of stuff."

We walk through the back door of the club into the VIP room, and as we do, the spotlights shine on me, the DJ blathers on about Iron Man, and the crowd goes wild. A more humble man would hate this. But if there's one thing I've never been called it's humble.

"Thank you, thank you!" I smile taking the microphone. "I hope all of you are having a good time, and if you're a woman who's interested in having a better time come on up. No fat chicks."

I take a seat at a table next to Happy, giggling like an idiot. He gives me a dirty look, "What? I've got an image to uphold."