The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Inhumans > Inhumans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Raiden
Divided We Fall
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 27,121
Default Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Marvel's Inhumans No Longer Has A Release Date

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the Inhumans are appearing on AOS, or does Marvel have something else in mind?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
The Whizzer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 103
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Marvel's Inhumans No Longer Has A Release Date

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the Inhumans are appearing on AOS, or does Marvel have something else in mind?
The overly-optimistic side of me is hoping that this is somehow related to Marvel getting back the FF rights and giving The Inhumans a proper introduction.

The Whizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Flint Marko
"Hey everyone"
 
Flint Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where the skies are so blue
Posts: 8,282
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whizzer View Post
The overly-optimistic side of me is hoping that this is somehow related to Marvel getting back the FF rights and giving The Inhumans a proper introduction.

__________________
#BringSpideyHome
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Flint Marko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,611
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

I think it's that nobody cares about the Inhumans. Fans bugged Feige to greenlight DS, BP and CM but nobody wanted to see the Inhumans and Marvel have enough cash cow franchises as it is. The only one that I feel is really needed on the big screen is Ghost Rider.

__________________
Thread Manager Is My Most Hated Mod
Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:54 AM   #5
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
Posts: 18,256
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Lol all the pushing Marvel has done to Inhumans in comics and all for nothing.

__________________
"Social critics don’t mean a thing to me. It’s really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what I’m doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #6
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life
 
SirStrangefolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 506
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

I really looked forward to this movie. Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure they will cancel this movie. Right now it seems more likely that they'll just push it back to a later date.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,012
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Oh the inhumanity!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:30 AM   #8
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,409
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Maybe Inhumans was shelved because Marvel Studios doesn't like what AOS has done with them. We know that the film and TV divisions aren't on good terms. It's not inconceivable that Feige & co. aren't happy with Skye being shoehorned into the Inhumans, or with the rest of AOS's low-rent heroes. They may wait until the show finally gets cancelled before moving forward on a film.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:39 AM   #9
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,012
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

What proof is there that the film and tv divisions aren't on good terms?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #10
Pokkle
Side-Kick
 
Pokkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Marvel's Inhumans No Longer Has A Release Date

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the Inhumans are appearing on AOS, or does Marvel have something else in mind?
It has nothing to do with AOS:
Quote:
Feige was specifically asked if the movie was being avoided since the ABC TV show was focusing on Inhumans. “No, it’s a question of when,” he told Collider.
Quote:
Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added ‘Spider-Man,’ which was a big, joyous coup for us,” Feige explained. “We added ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ which was a big, fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an ‘Indiana Jones’ film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.”

Pokkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:42 AM   #11
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 35,015
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Yeah just saw the news. This sucks. Hopefully it won't be forever

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 AM   #12
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent
 
Sexy Magician's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 487
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Remember when Marvel studios was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil if they gave back the Fantastic Four? Notice as well that Fox only had movie rights to the X-Men properties, not tv shows, but now Fox are making X-Men related tv shows, no way Marvel/Disney gave up those rights without a cost, everything inside me hopes that cost was the Fantastic Four, and this is why Inhumans has been shelved so we can finally see a good Fantastic Four movie

__________________
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER
Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #13
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 6,691
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Lol all the pushing Marvel has done to Inhumans in comics and all for nothing.
What are you talking about "for nothing," Uncanny Inhumans is amazing. That's reason enough to push Inhumans in the comics - you get good stories.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #14
Charlatan
Side-Kick
 
Charlatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,459
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
Remember when Marvel studios was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil if they gave back the Fantastic Four? Notice as well that Fox only had movie rights to the X-Men properties, not tv shows, but now Fox are making X-Men related tv shows, no way Marvel/Disney gave up those rights without a cost, everything inside me hopes that cost was the Fantastic Four, and this is why Inhumans has been shelved so we can finally see a good Fantastic Four movie
And with the FF they get Silver Surfer,Galactus and Namor.

__________________
If you're looking for his monument just look around you
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #15
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 33,406
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
And with the FF they get Silver Surfer,Galactus and Namor.
Fox never had Namor. Universal had them. So getting FF back has nothing to do with Namor.

I hope though that moving Inhumans off the schedule will make way for an FF movie first and then introducing the Inhumans later on.

And admittedly, AOS have made the Inhumans concept become rather stale and somewhat dull. By the time the movie were to have rolled around, we'd be so bored of what they've done with it on the SHIELD TV show.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,853
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

It's disappointing, but pushing The Royal Family back into Phase IV is probably best for the long term health of the MCU, especially if many fan favorite characters take a back seat after Infinity War. I have no doubt they will be introduced either in their own film or in another series - perhaps the FF reboot or as Guardians or Avengers antagonists. Disney Consumer Products must be chomping at the bit to get at Lockjaw.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #17
Zant
Side-Kick
 
Zant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Munich Circus
Posts: 720
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Maybe Inhumans was shelved because Marvel Studios doesn't like what AOS has done with them. We know that the film and TV divisions aren't on good terms. It's not inconceivable that Feige & co. aren't happy with Skye being shoehorned into the Inhumans, or with the rest of AOS's low-rent heroes. They may wait until the show finally gets cancelled before moving forward on a film.
By the time this film is released AOS will be long gone and forgotten. The film will just pretend that the Inhumans stuff in AOS never happened and introduce the Inhumans properly and not as a mini rip-off of the X men

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
Pokkle
Side-Kick
 
Pokkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
By the time this film is released AOS will be long gone and forgotten. The film will just pretend that the Inhumans stuff in AOS never happened and introduce the Inhumans properly and not as a mini rip-off of the X men
Of course, because it wasn't their job.
No need to pretend anything since they aren't about the same thing.

AOS did pretty well, AOS is just about the New Inhuman popping on earth, them being among us.
It's like the new inhumans comics since 2014 that are also more close to the X men.

The movie is another thing.
The royal family and Inhumans living alone in their futuristic hidden city that could be on another planet/moon/etc is a completly different concept.
They are more close to Asgard or GOTG.

Pokkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #19
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 33,406
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

I don't think AOS will just be forgotten. All the MCU fans will still remember it, and in their minds the Inhumans film wouldn't tie together with it at all.

Agents of SHIELD should've just given a different name to the "Inhumans" appearing in the show, especially if they never intend to tie it into the movie or the movie never acknowledges it. They could easily have been given their powers via a different origin instead of Terrigen mists. And not every character has to have the same source of power.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #20
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 19,238
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Lol all the pushing Marvel has done to Inhumans in comics and all for nothing.
Ikr. They even nerfed X-Men for the Inhumans and now they don't move forward with planes? Mess...

__________________
I am....

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #21
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 19,238
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
Remember when Marvel studios was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil if they gave back the Fantastic Four? Notice as well that Fox only had movie rights to the X-Men properties, not tv shows, but now Fox are making X-Men related tv shows, no way Marvel/Disney gave up those rights without a cost, everything inside me hopes that cost was the Fantastic Four, and this is why Inhumans has been shelved so we can finally see a good Fantastic Four movie
Actually they had TV rights just had to get Marvel's permission. Not saying anything else you wrote was wrong or right just wanted to clarify.

__________________
I am....

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #22
Pokkle
Side-Kick
 
Pokkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't think AOS will just be forgotten. All the MCU fans will still remember it, and in their minds the Inhumans film wouldn't tie together with it at all.

Agents of SHIELD should've just given a different name to the "Inhumans" appearing in the show, especially if they never intend to tie it into the movie or the movie never acknowledges it. They could easily have been given their powers via a different origin instead of Terrigen mists. And not every character has to have the same source of power.
I don't see why.
It's like in the comics, some Inhuman stay in Attilan (movie) and some inhuman went among the regular humans. (aos)


(And Carl Creel, Deathlok, Calvin Zabo, Angar the screamer,etc have powers without being inhuman)

Pokkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #23
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,853
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Actually they had TV rights just had to get Marvel's permission. Not saying anything else you wrote was wrong or right just wanted to clarify.
If FOX needed Marvel's permission to proceed, they didn't have the rights.

And I'm not sure why Marvel's Inhuman experiment would be considered a mess. They've added a bunch of new characters, including the wildly popular Kamala Khan. Others have popped up on AOS, which is heading into its fourth season. They are still dominating comic book sales. Though it bothered many long time fans, the de-emphasis of characters whose live action rights are not under their control has worked out swimmingly for the Mouse.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #24
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick
 
Kahran Ramsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 7,950
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Well this sucks, but I always thought there was a potential for this film to get taken off the calendar with room needed for potential upcoming sequels involving Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #25
Flint Marko
"Hey everyone"
 
Flint Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where the skies are so blue
Posts: 8,282
Default Re: Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

Are we really forgetting that Fiege pretty much told us this was going to happen?

Quote:
Fiege: "Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.

Interviewer: But it’s not a matter of “they’re already doing that on TV, we’re not doing it?”

Fiege: It's a question of when."

__________________
#BringSpideyHome
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Flint Marko is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.