The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Inhumans > Inhumans

Old 12-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
John-An
Wonder Lips!

Default Could Spider-Man be an Inhuman?

I don't know anything about Inhumans, but I want Spidey back at Marvel, and it seems to me that in Civil War, they have the plan already done with Black Panther. They are "doing" two mutants.. Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver inhumans too, right? So with the rumors of "the discussions being active again thanks to Sony Japan", would it be possible they include Spidey as an Inhuman and then put him in Avengers?
BUT WITHOUT CHANGING THE ORIGIN OF SPIDEY (PETER PARKER) Is it possible?

Forget for my ignorance on this team, but it's possibility that I thought could be, thought I don't know if it can be possible with the few data I have of them.

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer

Last edited by John-An; 12-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Could Spider-Man be an Inhuman?

I think Spider Man being such an iconic character with his whole mythos and rogues gallery pretty established for fans and general audience alike Marvel would never do that to one of its crown jewels. They would simply leave his story intact and adapt him the Marvel Studios way and give him his own movies plus probably add him to Infinity War 1 & 2.

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

This would be way too much of a deviation from the comics and previous films for the audience to accept.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

The original suggestion is that mutants can be replaced by Inhumans. While I'm still not a fan of this, for reasons I'll explain below, this suggestion is even more extreme. The suggestion is to remove origin stories of characters and make them all descendants of products of genetic experimentation. I can't possibly see the point of that. What's wrong with the radioactive spider bite? The Hulk was exposed to Gamma Rays and isn't an Inhuman. Thor is from Asgard, he isn't an Inhuman. Daredevil got his senses from the radioactive waste that blinded him, not the Terigen mist. In none of these scenarios is there any point in making them Inhuman.

And that's why I ultimately think it's unnecessary to have Inhumans explain mutants either. Because, as I hope I made clear, it's only for characters that don't have another origin story. However, 99% of the time, if they're a mutant, they aren't appearing anyway. Marvel won't have the rights to use the character. You can't suddenly say "Wolverine is an Inhuman" and use him in a film. He's an X-Men character no matter what. The list of characters who are mutants that Marvel can use is extremely small. Maybe they can be Inhuman, maybe they can have a different origin. But there's no point in taking characters who clearly aren't Inhumans (particularly major characters with their own established origin stories) and making them Inhumans instead.

ETA: I'll elaborate on Agents of SHIELD before anyone brings it up. I'll put it in spoilers out of caution:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

In Agents of SHIELD, the odds of them creating original characters with powers appears higher. Although I hope they don't do it very often, they appear to have done it once with Scorch. Given this, it makes more sense to add original characters who are Inhumans because they can't add original characters who are mutants. The only alternative is to think of an origin story for each character and they might decide that's too much work (the entire justification for creating mutants in the first place). I also think it makes sense to change Daisy Johnson's origin story. Her origin isn't all that interesting to begin with, for starters. Second, they wanted to explore Inhumans and, to do so, it was helpful to have a character that's part of their team who was an Inhuman. Just like, when exploring Hydra within SHIELD, they made one of their team members a Hydra mole. Even then, they didn't change a mutant to an Inhuman since, although I think Daisy was speculated to be a mutant, she really wasn't.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Last edited by Mike Murdock; 12-12-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Mike Murdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
Zarex
Side-Kick

I wouldn't change Peter's origin story. But making him an Inhuman may be a good way to introduce Miles Morales.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
John-An
Wonder Lips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I wouldn't change Peter's origin story. But making him an Inhuman may be a good way to introduce Miles Morales.
I don't want it too... don't change pete's origin but later he joins inhumans, that's why I asked what it needs to be done to be an Inhuman... Is it sort of a team or what?

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
Old 12-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I don't want it too... don't change pete's origin but later he joins inhumans, that's why I asked what it needs to be done to be an Inhuman... Is it sort of a team or what?
If Sony and Marvel ever reach a deal, I would much prefer Spidey team up with his fellow New Yorkers from Marvel's Netflix series onscreen. "Spider-man and the Defenders" would be a wonderful way to freshen the brand.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Spider-Man is too well known to be an Inhuman. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of B and C listers who happened to get powers from some weird science experiment gone wrong might be streamlined as Inhumans. Spider-Man won't be one of them. Someone like Speedball I could see being lumped in with inhumans

Old 12-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
John, he'd have to come from Inhuman lineage going back to the cro-magnon period on earth. The Inhhumans ancestors were cro magnons that were genetically modified by the Kree to change into superhumans once exposed to a mutagenic called the Terrigen Mist. These altered humans became advanced and went on to create their own hidden civilization and culture based on a monarchy away from the normal cro-magnons. The movie will be based on the present day Inhuman royal family. Apparently in the MCU there will be humans that come from modified cro magnon ancestry that were never exposed to the mist and so went on living ignorant of this dormant gene and once exposed to said mists they will transform in to Inhumans.

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
John-An
Wonder Lips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
John, he'd have to come from Inhuman lineage going back to the cro-magnon period on earth. The Inhhumans ancestors were cro magnons that were genetically modified by the Kree to change into superhumans once exposed to a mutagenic called the Terrigen Mist. These altered humans became advanced and went on to create their own hidden civilization and culture based on a monarchy away from the normal cro-magnons. The movie will be based on the present day Inhuman royal family. Apparently in the MCU there will be humans that come from modified cro magnon ancestry that were never exposed to the mist and so went on living ignorant of this dormant gene and once exposed to said mists they will transform in to Inhumans.
Thanks so much for the clarification... Well, now I know who are the Inhumans.. So it's unlikely... how do you see a possible way they can introduce Spidey (again, without taking out his origin) if he "return" or "half-return" to Marvel?

-Hans Zimmer
Old 12-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Maybe a small role or after credits in Civil War then a solo in whatever date Sony had and full role in InfinityWar 1 & 2 or just wait to headline phase 4.

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 12-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #12
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
TThe suggestion is to remove origin stories of characters and make them all descendants of products of genetic experimentation. I can't possibly see the point of that. What's wrong with the radioactive spider bite? The Hulk was exposed to Gamma Rays and isn't an Inhuman. Thor is from Asgard, he isn't an Inhuman. Daredevil got his senses from the radioactive waste that blinded him, not the Terigen mist. In none of these scenarios is there any point in making them Inhuman.
In those scenarios there might not be much of a point, but for someone like Speedball for instance who is rumored to appear on Agents of SHIELD I think it helps streamline things. Or is the MCU just going to be the world of a 1000 lab accidents that always end up with a superpowered person. I personally think it is a good idea to change the origin of non-iconic characters from one generic catalyst to another, one that can work as a catch-all

Old 12-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
valiant

spideys origin is fine no need to mess with it but some characters who's origins don't relate closely with the powers they received im fine with them becoming inhumans. for example quicksilver, he is a mutant no radio active cheetah bite that gave him super speed he just has the power so its fine for him to be inhuman but with someone like Man-Ape it would seem stupid for him to not get his power from some ape related material.

valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #14
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
I don't know anything about Inhumans, but I want Spidey back at Marvel, and it seems to me that in Civil War, they have the plan already done with Black Panther. They are "doing" two mutants.. Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver inhumans too, right? So with the rumors of "the discussions being active again thanks to Sony Japan", would it be possible they include Spidey as an Inhuman and then put him in Avengers?
BUT WITHOUT CHANGING THE ORIGIN OF SPIDEY (PETER PARKER) Is it possible?

Forget for my ignorance on this team, but it's possibility that I thought could be, thought I don't know if it can be possible with the few data I have of them.

kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #15
BarryAllen
Ayy lmao

H to ell no.

BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #16
eon001
Side-Kick

Maybe I'm missing something, but if Marvel get the rights for Spiderman, surely that must include his full origin? I don't want all the new heroes to be Inhumans unless it's absolutely necessary. Even Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver don't necessarily have to be inhumans. They can just be anomalies created from the cosmic cube/lokis staff experiments.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #17
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Only on this forum would this question be asked.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #18
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I agree with Mr. Dresden.

"Johnny Storm's a good-hearted kid, sure, but he has the attention span of a toaster, and he leads with his face; in Johnny's undisciplined mind, there's only a single synapse between thinking and doing. The Avengers' battle cry is "Avengers Assemble"; the Fantastic Four's is "Johnny, WAIT!"----Mark Waid
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #19
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post

Seriously. People fumed when he had organic webs. S**t would hit the fan if the made Spider-Man in-name-only.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine X-Men Days of Future Past Guardians of the Galaxy
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #20
nightwalker
Newbie First Class

Technically Spider-Man is a mutate, he wasn't born with his powers, making him an Inhuman would be a major deviation from his origins.

nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #21
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Since Marvel seems happy to keep his origin from the Sony films within continuity why make any change in it...?

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote