The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #126
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Inhumans in development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Gabrielle Union as Crystal would be interesting. It would be different.
As would some of the others.

Inhumans being more diverse would actually add to the idea of Celestials randomly seeding the ancient Earth premise.
And there's nothing conceptually that says they couldn't be. There's a millions ways to go. Union and Mitra as direct sisters might be a bit of a stretch, still i liked the cast.
I think the Inhumans premise not only lends itself to more diversity but might be better served by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Like Elba as Heimdall and SLJ as Fury. If the cast was all white, expect a "change"..
Well I tried to change several of them, I guess she really stands out?

Last edited by Mondragon; 09-03-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #127
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Do you guys think we could possibly see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in The Inhumans and have the MCU versions of the characters be Inhumans? It would give an easy explanation for their powers without being so drastically different to the source material as well as give the movie an Avengers boost.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity

Last edited by lozzy.94; 09-03-2013 at 05:44 AM.
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #128
Silvermoth
Avenger

It wouldn't suprise me if they linked them up like that. The avengers is the huge granddaddy franchise which gives the others plenty of milk to grow strong on. I'm sure that's marvels plan.

Plus, I can't wait to see crystal and Pietro hook up and all the sparks that go with it!

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #129
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
Do you guys think we could possibly see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in The Inhumans and have the MCU versions of the characters be Inhumans? It would give an easy explanation for their powers without being so drastically different to the source material as well as give the movie an Avengers boost.

It's definitely an interesting theory, and would work pretty well in the MCU, imho. The only thing that makes me doubt that angle is the fact that The Inhumans are such a close-knit group that, if we saw *two* of them in AoU (i.e., a hypothetical Inhuman Wanda & Pietro), we'd almost have to see more, or all, of them. And there just hasn't been any rumor/discussion to that effect. Yet.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #130
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
I could see an Inhumans movie being a vehicle for Wanda and Pietro as 'lost Inhumans' or something like that. Plus, you just know the humans are going to tie in to that empty section in the brain, and if Wanda and Pietro were given powers by the same process, then, well... booyah.

Now what'd be really crazy is if Blackbolt was their father instead of Magneto. That'd change things... probably too much.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #131
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
No. Because it comes out well before Inhumans.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #132
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
I could see an Inhumans movie being a vehicle for Wanda and Pietro as 'lost Inhumans' or something like that. Plus, you just know the humans are going to tie in to that empty section in the brain, and if Wanda and Pietro were given powers by the same process, then, well... booyah.

Now what'd be really crazy is if Blackbolt was their father instead of Magneto. That'd change things... probably too much.
I doubt they would make Blackbolt there father, that would mean they would need to get an older actor to play him. I could definelty see them swaping Crystal with Scarlet Witch and having Medusa be the older sister of Wanda and Pietro.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #133
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Wouldnt that mean we wouldnt see Crystal though? Thats a big no no for me, she has to be in an Inhumans movie and she has to be Medusa's sister.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #134
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
I doubt they would make Blackbolt there father, that would mean they would need to get an older actor to play him. I could definelty see them swaping Crystal with Scarlet Witch and having Medusa be the older sister of Wanda and Pietro.
You're right, that was a dumb idea.

Now Maximus the Mad as the father of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, THAT has potential!

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #135
metaphysician
Side-Kick

No reason they have to be that closely related to the royal family. There is an entire city of Inhumans, after all.

Hell, you could even go with the idea that enough Inhumans have left the city and gone out to breed with the general human population over the millenia that latent inhuman power tends to pop up at random. IOW, mutation with a more specific source.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #136
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right, that was a dumb idea.

Now Maximus the Mad as the father of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, THAT has potential!
I really like this idea. Maximus could be the Magneto of the MCU.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #137
Silvermoth
Avenger

I...don't hate it. Some will but I'm a huge magneto fan and I can live with it. Good one drcosmic!

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #138
VictusMortuus
Side-Kick

I have a feeling we'll be seeing this movie in 2016, and the Terrigen Mist will be involved in AoU. Also, how would you guys feel about Vin Diesel playng Black Bolt, in addition to voicing Groot.

VictusMortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #139
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Don't think the Inhumans will have any role in AoU nor will the Terrigen Mist. And no Vin should play Gorgon or no one. You don't get Vin to stay quiet and speak with his body language.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #140
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Don't think the Inhumans will have any role in AoU nor will the Terrigen Mist. And no Vin should play Gorgon or no one. You don't get Vin to stay quiet and speak with his body language.
If there contracting Vin Diesel this early for a role in Inhumans it would have to be a major character like Black Bolt and not Gorgon.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #141
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Gorgon is still a part of the Inhuman Royal Family. For one, they're talking to Vin this early, as he said himself, specifically because there is a lot of grassroots demand for him to be in a Marvel film. Second, they could be looking into a lot of potential actors for their phase 3 slate right now, with that one actress today saying there were talks going on with her Marvel.

And, implying Black Bolt will be the main character.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #142
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Quote:
If there contracting Vin Diesel this early for a role in Inhumans it would have to be a major character like Black Bolt and not Gorgon.
I was told it was indeed for Black Bolt but instead he couldnt do it and was offered Groot

KnightGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #143
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Gorgon is still a part of the Inhuman Royal Family. For one, they're talking to Vin this early, as he said himself, specifically because there is a lot of grassroots demand for him to be in a Marvel film. Second, they could be looking into a lot of potential actors for their phase 3 slate right now, with that one actress today saying there were talks going on with her Marvel.

And, implying Black Bolt will be the main character.
Was there really that much demand? I remember there being a few fan casts with him as Drax, but that's about it. It's not like he was fan casted in almost every single MCU role like Nathan Fillion and Jensen Ackles.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #144
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Your "scoop" is already proven false because, by his own admission, it's not that he couldn't do the role it's that he and Marvel wanted him to do something right away after the reaction at comic-con. Whatever role they were talking to him about he probably will still do.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #145
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Was there really that much demand? I remember there being a few fan casts with him as Drax, but that's about it. It's not like he was fan casted in almost every single MCU role like Nathan Fillion and Jensen Ackles.
There was a lot of demand on social media and I'm sure Marvel has received a bunch of emails asking for Vin Diesel to be in one of their movies.

Anyway, he said it himself.