The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #51
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: What X-Men characters besides Wolverine should be in this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The Silver samuri was not In the original Wolverine Mini Series.My feeling always has been that they looked at other Wolverine In Japan stories.

They are distanting themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.Although there Is nothing to actully conterdict anything In Wolverine.This mostly takes place In Japan,and Is a more self contained story although it Is not a reboot of Wolverine as some would like It to be.Die hard X-Men fans can simply view it as Wolverine's time In Japan before the events of X-Men/X2(and The Last Stand If they want to still try after First Class of viewing It as part of film canon)

The Silver Samurai was In the leaked script details so the character was a part of the film when Aronofsky was attached.He Is likely In film to give Wolverine one more super powered opporent and because he's Shingen's son and Mariko's half brother.

For Die hard fans of the X-Men films The Wolverine shows how Logan goes from having no memory to finding his code that will Influence Who he Is In X-Men films.
The Japan storyline that they are adapting is from Wolverine #1-4, and Uncanny X-Men #172-173, and yes, Silver Samurai is a part of that storyline. They fight Silver Samurai in Uncanny X-Men #172-173, and those issues are a direct continuation of the Wolverine mini-series.

The Wolverine will still be in continuity, it just simply is a storyline that doesn't connect to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, nor does it connect to X-Men / X2 / X-Men: The Last Stand (and why wouldn't the last one still be considered continuity? X-Men: First Class contradicted a whopping 10 seconds of footage from X-Men: The Last Stand. The connections are much stronger).

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #52
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They always said they were adapting the Wolverine Miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.Nothing has been said about using Uncanny X-Men #172,173.I have always thought Christopher Mcquarre probally used other wolverine In Japan stories for Influences.I wouldn't be shocked If the much later story of mariko being posioned Is used as well as a source.Would give It a very tragic end.

All the X-Films are distancing themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.X-Men Originseadpool Is pulling a Superman Returns on Wolverine and from title and leaked script we know Deadpool Is still suspose to be part of the X-Men film series.

And a strong case can be made with X-Men First Class they are Ignoring The Last Stand.
And I f the discussed First Class sequels are made I don't see them sticking to how eather Last Stand or Wolverine Introduced Younger Cyclops and jean grey.However If the discussed X4/X5 are not made It will be up for fans to decide rather they want to view The Last Stand with First Class,possable sequels,The Wolverine,X-Men,X2,and Deadpool.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #53
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Steven Seagal for Silver Samurai!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #54
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
They always said they were adapting the Wolverine Miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.Nothing has been said about using Uncanny X-Men #172,173.I have always thought Christopher Mcquarre probally used other wolverine In Japan stories for Influences.I wouldn't be shocked If the much later story of mariko being posioned Is used as well as a source.Would give It a very tragic end.

All the X-Films are distancing themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.X-Men Originseadpool Is pulling a Superman Returns on Wolverine and from title and leaked script we know Deadpool Is still suspose to be part of the X-Men film series.

And a strong case can be made with X-Men First Class they are Ignoring The Last Stand.
And I f the discussed First Class sequels are made I don't see them sticking to how eather Last Stand or Wolverine Introduced Younger Cyclops and jean grey.However If the discussed X4/X5 are not made It will be up for fans to decide rather they want to view The Last Stand with First Class,possable sequels,The Wolverine,X-Men,X2,and Deadpool.
172-173 are included in the trade paperback on the Claremont / Miller mini series the movie is adapting. They act as the conclusion to the story.

As for the other stuff, Deadpool has no bearing on me whether or not X-Men Origins: Wolverine is being discarded or not. Deadpool is far enough removed from X-Men that it can be seen as a separate universe. If Deadpool does indeed keep the X-Men Origins title, and blatantly contradicts the X-Men movies, i will treat it as a separate continuity from the X-Men movies.

And no, i dont see how a strong case can be made for First Class tossing X-Men 3 when it contradicts a barely 15 second sequence of Xavier walking, and nothing else about the narrative, but makes stronger connections, such as Beast being the one character from the trilogy being used as part of the team, when X-Men 3 depicts him as a former student from before the current team's time, and shows Raven as an orphan when X-Men 3 establishes that her family tried to kill her.

Even my brother who hates X-Men 3 and Wolverine feels like there's no rebooting involved with First Class. Its a movie that has some contradictions for the sake of telling a better story. The movie contradicts itself in order to cast the actors it needed to for the film. Some inconsistencies do not equal a reboot. Otherwise, X2 was a reboot of the original X-Men, and X-Men 3 was a reboot of X2, and the 2nd half of First Class was a reboot of the first half.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 07-26-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

172-173 were not Included In the trade paperback I got.

As for contunity considering Deadpool has the X-Men Origins In the title and the script has Collossus show up and reference made to Xavier.It clearly Is meant to be seen as part of the X-Men film world which means you are throwing X-Men Origins:Wolverine out the door.All other X films are distancing themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

As for X-Men the Last Stand a case can be made Bryan Singer pulled a SUperman Returns on The Last Stand.Ignore liberties with Dialogue and focus on what was seen

In Last Stand Moira Mactaggert has accent plus her age Is Inconsent with her appearance In First Class.

Beast turns catlike In First Class yet resembles more classic beast In Last Stand.Any X-Men fan could tell you Beast evolued from classic Blue and furry to Catlike Beast.

And then there Is the more obvious problem of Xavier being crippled In First Class causing a major contunity problem with end of Wolverine(well that we can Ignore because that film Is pretty much Ignored) and Begining of Last Stand plus First Class has Xavier and Magneto have their falling out In 1962 yet the beging of Last Stand has them working together.And this contunity problem will get even worse for a First Class sequel that Introduces Cyclops and Jean Grey.It's very unlikely after this they would make any attempt to fit with Wolverine's Introduction of Cyclops to Xavier or the begining of Last Stand's visit to Jean's house.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #56
Silvermoth
Avenger

Chairman Kaga for Silver Samurai!

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:

As for contunity considering Deadpool has the X-Men Origins In the title and the script has Collossus show up and reference made to Xavier.It clearly Is meant to be seen as part of the X-Men film world which means you are throwing X-Men Origins:Wolverine out the door.All other X films are distancing themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

As for X-Men the Last Stand a case can be made Bryan Singer pulled a SUperman Returns on The Last Stand.Ignore liberties with Dialogue and focus on what was seen

In Last Stand Moira Mactaggert has accent plus her age Is Inconsent with her appearance In First Class.

Beast turns catlike In First Class yet resembles more classic beast In Last Stand.Any X-Men fan could tell you Beast evolued from classic Blue and furry to Catlike Beast.

And then there Is the more obvious problem of Xavier being crippled In First Class causing a major contunity problem with end of Wolverine(well that we can Ignore because that film Is pretty much Ignored) and Begining of Last Stand plus First Class has Xavier and Magneto have their falling out In 1962 yet the beging of Last Stand has them working together.And this contunity problem will get even worse for a First Class sequel that Introduces Cyclops and Jean Grey.It's very unlikely after this they would make any attempt to fit with Wolverine's Introduction of Cyclops to Xavier or the begining of Last Stand's visit to Jean's house.
If all of that information about the Deadpool movie is correct, then I will consider Deadpool outside of the X-Men continuity, not X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Moira McTaggert was barely a cameo in X-Men: The Last Stand, yet incredibly more comic book accurate than her depiction in X-Men: First Class. She is older in X-Men: The Last Stand, and is referenced as a former colleague of Xavier's, something she was in X-Men: First Class. If the age is a problem, then X-Men: First Class reboots itself, because in the opening Xavier scene, he and Raven are depicted as the same age, while through the rest of the movie Xavier is depicted as much older than Raven. It's called an inconsistency for telling a better story. Vaughn cast Jennifer Lawrence because she was the best for the role, despite her obvious age difference with James McAvoy. A slight discrepancy in age with a cameo appearance is not a reboot.

And there is nothing about the falling out in X-Men: First Class that says Xavier and Magneto are enemies. Simply friends and allies who's ideologies are now taking them down a separate path. Magneto's speech on the beach makes it pretty clear that he wants to work side by side with Xavier, and if we know anything about the comics, we know that the 2 will continue to work together at different points. It is still believable that they would work together again in the future, thus, them working together to recruit Jean Grey is just fine.

And if Beast's different appearance counts as a reboot, then X2's different Cerebro effects count as a reboot to X-Men.

The pro-reboot crowd is grasping at straws here.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #58
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Psylocke. That is all.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Psylocke should be in X4 not in a Wolverine-solo film!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #60
Zelkar
Side-Kick

Dakken! but he won't because they already completely botched the story in Origins.

Zelkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #61
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Dakken is too new to be in the movies.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #62
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-2-ce...-sandy-127178/

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #63
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I doubt that.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #64
Goldenage Batman
More Hated then Feared

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Dakken is too new to be in the movies.
No I wouldn't say that. If a character is popular enough and the fans press hard for it Hollywood they could put the character in there. I mean he's been around for abut 4 or 5 yrs though I don't think we will be seeing Daken in this movie or even the next one. Plus they put the Hulk-Dogs in the Hulk movie and I don't think that they were introduced in the comics a few yrs before.

The Toy Collection of G-Bats (mostly X-Men)
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=358339
Goldenage Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #65
Goldenage Batman
More Hated then Feared

Quote:

As for contunity considering Deadpool has the X-Men Origins In the title and the script has Collossus show up and reference made to Xavier.It clearly Is meant to be seen as part of the X-Men film world which means you are throwing X-Men Origins:Wolverine out the door.All other X films are distancing themselves from X-Men Origins:Wolverine

Well Bryan Singer did say that we should only count the first two X-Films into continuity with First Class. But yeah that just make things more confusing in the grand scheme of things.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #66
November Rain
Single Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanreturns View Post
I will love to see Lady Deathstrike pre-experiment. Yet again played by Kelly Hu.
she was such an underused resource

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #67
rayc1971
Side-Kick

silver samuri and lady deathstrike thats it

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #68
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I'd want to see the Madripoor storyline- The Princess Bar: with Charlie Corrigan, Chief Tan, the Prince, Tyger Tiger, O'Donnell..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #69
Goldenage Batman
More Hated then Feared

I know that The Hand was in Elektra but is there a chance that we could see them? Maybe SS being part of it or something?

Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #70
November Rain
Single Mother

I know a scene i would like to see in it.

it was the savage wolverine against elektra during the age of apocalypse act

with some reveleation that sometimes it's always harder to sheathe a sword than to draw it, and sometimes its harder than moving a mountain.

I think it's a very strong scene that shows wolverine struggling to deal with his beastly and humanity side.

but it doesn't necessarily have to be taught to him by her me thinks.

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #71
MrWolvers
Banned User

X23

MrWolvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #72
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I like the thought of Silver Samurai. Would be awesomness.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #73
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Gambit is a character you really should pair with Wolverine because Gambit is the only character at this point that knows anything about Wolverine’s past that Wolverine knows about from their encounter after he lost his memory.

I could potentially see Gambit accompany Wolverine in Japan leading him to Silver Samurai, then have Gambit and Wolverine part ways. Played by Taylor Kitsch, they can pick up where Wolverine left off. Gambit has history with Yukio, so him showing up in Japan wouldn’t be far fetched.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #74
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I second that.

Taylor Kitsch is becoming a big name in the movie industry and him/Gambit being in the Wolverine movie again will definitely give the movie a boost in the box-office.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #75
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I wouldnt mind Gambit re-appearing at all, especially since X4 isnt happening any-time soon. Other than that Lady Deathstrike pre-experiment should be the only other X-Men character appearing.

Though I wouldnt mind a cameo by Sabretooth and Stryker were the latter gives the former a 'mutant enhancing' drug which would explain Sarbretooths more feral appearence in the first X-Men.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote