Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #76
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Exactly. It would blend together pretty well. Just make it so that Scott is oblivious to it. I don't think he knew about the Phoenix. Have him get knocked out or in a different place doin'...I don't know, whatever it is Scott does.
I meant to respond to this earlier... Scott absolutely has to be a part of it all. I think he's the only one that should be able to stop her. They should be able to make a connection (emotionally and telepathically) relatively quickly considering how powerful Jean would be if Xavier didn't block off her powers from the get go.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #77
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

Ignore

Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #78
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

It wouldn't be "X-Men 4"

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #79
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
I'd like it if Singer was off the X men completly and the rites get back in Marvel's hands.
Yup. Im glad Singers not directing this one and we have another talented director brining a fresh take in on it.

Quote:
Just because it'd be in Marvel's hands doesn't mean that any movie they would make would be better.
Very true, they rushed the ***t out of IM2. They still want their money.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #80
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

It wouldn't be "X-Men 4"

Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #81
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just because it'd be in Marvel's hands doesn't mean that any movie they would make would be better.
No kidding. Marvel came out swinging with Iron Man and then proved they're just as fallible as any other studio with The Incredible Hulk, not to mention all of the production woes with Iron Man 2 and 3. I am looking forward to Thor and Captain America, though.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #82
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

Marvel owning X-Men will mean that they'll have a battle at the end with the main villain of the film that, while it should be epic, will last about 5-7 minutes and be ok at best. That seems to be Marvels' thing nowadays.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #83
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I used to want Marvel to get the rights back, but now that Singer's back in the game, so am I. I don't like Fox, but I love the world Singer created. And I'd miss it.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #84
def28
Side-Kick

I really want to see Sentiles hunting mutants. Cant believe were up to 5 X Men flicks and they havnt been addressed.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #85
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
sr > x3
Both were let downs. SR was a good character movie with zero action. X3 was an action movie with little character development and terrible writing. But I will give you that SR was a better quality movie but damn it was boring. It's close.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #86
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Marvel studios do not push gold.They should be called Avengers studios.And If they would revert back to Marvel It could be years till X-Men would be back on screens.And Hollywood IS way too crazy with reboots.Bryan Singer on X-Men strongly Influenced
Favraru on Iron Man as well as Nolan on Batman as Singer was Influenced by Richard Donner on Superman.For all those complaning about Singer's action sequenzes the action In Iron Man was pretty weak.I will take X2 and X-Men over the Iron man films.
Marvel's best film has been The Incredible Hulk.And I really wish we could on DVD gotten a director's cut like the Daredevil director's cut.I look forward to Captain America more than Thor In part because of Joss Whedon rewriting.He IS main reason I am looking forward to the Avengers.After this summer we may be able to say SInger and matthew Vaughn show how you make a comic book movie.If X-Men First Class does the business Superman Returns did FOx will be happy.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #87
def28
Side-Kick

Iron Man 1 is the better film it may not have the best action but overall its Marvels most solid. The only thing Marvel really *****d up on so far was IM2 imo.

X1's action is horrible. X2 has by far best of the franchise and most comic films with the Nightcrawler and Deathstrike sequences. Magneto scenes also tend to steal the show, so many options to do cool sequences.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #88
Angamb
Banned User

I really liked Ironman 1, but I think TIHulk is my fave to date.

Lets see what happens with Thor and Cap.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #89
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I will admit you have point on X-Men.But X2 has great action.What marvelw as thinking with Iron Man 2 IS still hard to figure.For much the movie Robert Downey JR was playing himself not Tony Stark.Why didn't they just use Crimson Dynamo Instead of bastarding
Whiplash.Was It really necssary to have Michary Rourke as Whiplash?Seriously anya ctor could have done that.There are reasons why Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow to some was a scene stealer In her scenes.

Wolverine VS Deathstrike beats all the action sequenzes In Iron Man Films.I look forward to what Matthew Vaughn IS doing In First Class with Hellfire club assault on CIA headquarters,fight between X-Men and russian soldiers and the epic battle In Cuba.After the shoot It up mayhem In Kick Ass It will be Intresting to see what he does with actual superpowers.Hell he might be able to rival with Azarel attacking CIA headquarters what Signer did with Nightcrawler attacking the White House.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #90
def28
Side-Kick

I agree the action in X2 is better then Iron Man. The Wolverine Vs Deathstrike is my favorite in all the X men movies. Only time I actually got a sense of characters violently hurting each other. Its shot and choreographed very well.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #91
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

If only they left in the longer cut of Logan stabbing Stryker's dude into the fridge. The longer cut is on the DVD and man... I mean it's a fine edit in the film, but I would have loved for them to keep that longer cut.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #92
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
No, but I think it was his plan to for the third film. The relationship he had between Jean and Logan was flirtatious. Sure, he had stronger feelings for her, and he was the lead character due to the story of the first two films, but I highly doubt Singer would have had a Phoenix-centered film where Cyclops was shafted. In fact, I think he mentioned he had planned it to be Cyclops' and Jean's film. Ratner took the Logan/Jean relationship to a level Singer never did... and he also shafted Cyclops in a way Singer never did.
Singer did admit that he wished he gave Cyclops more to do in X2. And he did still maintain him as a leader in X1. And he did say he had bigger plans for Scott in X3. I mean everything they gave to Wolverine Scott should have done in X3. Which pissed me off even more. Both characters were butchered.

It should have been Logan in a wreck and he should have left the team and re join near the end. A great scene would have been Cyclops to visit Logan by himself wherever he was hiding out and convince him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Both were let downs. SR was a good character movie with zero action. X3 was an action movie with little character development and terrible writing. But I will give you that SR was a better quality movie but damn it was boring. It's close.
Yup, this pretty much. There's so many great cinematic moments to SR. Singer is so goddamn good at that. Like the seconds before Krypton explodes before the credits? Incredible moment.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #93
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

But X3 gave us Kelsey Grammar Beast.

Wins by default.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #94
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The entire mental barrier thing was from X3 lets not muddy things up here.

It was totally out of Prof. X character anyway to do such a thing.
As BMM also said, the mental block scenario does exist in the comics.

In the books, Xavier blocked Jean's telepathy for years (after her powers emerged following the death of a friend) until he thought she was able to control it.

When Dark Phoenix fought Xavier, she blamed him for setting in motion events that led to the Phoenix - because he had unleashed her telepathy and thus allowed her to reach her full potential as a psi when she became Phoenix.

In The Last Stand, it played out differently (Xavier didn't die) but the basic idea of Xavier using blocks was there.

In the comics, Xavier also concealed the existence of an earlier team of X-Men (Darwin, Vulcan, Sway, Petra) who mostly perished trying to rescue the original team from Krakoa.

And in the films, it transpired in X2 that Xavier had concealed his knowledge of Wolverine's past.

So Xavier's behaviour, and the mental blocks, do have precedent.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #95
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Singer did admit that he wished he gave Cyclops more to do in X2. And he did still maintain him as a leader in X1. And he did say he had bigger plans for Scott in X3. I mean everything they gave to Wolverine Scott should have done in X3. Which pissed me off even more. Both characters were butchered.

It should have been Logan in a wreck and he should have left the team and re join near the end. A great scene would have been Cyclops to visit Logan by himself wherever he was hiding out and convince him.
This is all so hypothetical, though. Singer may well have wanted to boost Cyclops' role but he never did and there's no proof he ever would have done- he ended up choosing SR and taking Marsden with him, which meant Cyclops had an even more reduced role in The Last Stand.

And there's no way Fox would just put X3 on hold while Singer did SR because SR might have led to a sequel and then a trilogy, which would mean he wouldn't be able to come back. So it had to proceed without him. And fan expectations were such that The Last Stand had to include the Phoenix, while there was also pressure to finally show Beast and Angel.

I think most people would agree that Singer should have completed his trilogy/quadrilogy and that it would of course have meant a more cohesive set of movies but films aren't just a product of imagination and creativity, they are also born out of circumstances and practical decisions.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #96
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
As BMM also said, the mental block scenario does exist in the comics.

In the books, Xavier blocked Jean's telepathy for years (after her powers emerged following the death of a friend) until he thought she was able to control it.

When Dark Phoenix fought Xavier, she blamed him for setting in motion events that led to the Phoenix - because he had unleashed her telepathy and thus allowed her to reach her full potential as a psi when she became Phoenix.

In The Last Stand, it played out differently (Xavier didn't die) but the basic idea of Xavier using blocks was there.

In the comics, Xavier also concealed the existence of an earlier team of X-Men (Darwin, Vulcan, Sway, Petra) who mostly perished trying to rescue the original team from Krakoa.

And in the films, it transpired in X2 that Xavier had concealed his knowledge of Wolverine's past.

So Xavier's behaviour, and the mental blocks, do have precedent.
Fair enough.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #97
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I really liked Ironman 1, but I think TIHulk is my fave to date.
Yup, me too. TI Hulk is kinda underrated

The movie has soul while the IR films are corny and overrated IMHO but still good

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I agree the action in X2 is better then Iron Man. The Wolverine Vs Deathstrike is my favorite in all the X men movies.
Definitely!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #98
Angamb
Banned User

yes, thats a way of describing it.

TIH had some little emotional moments. Something I didnt get with Ironman.

The part I liked the most in Ironam was when he came back to Afganistan to attack the terrorits.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #99
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

I thought IM2 was pretty bad, everything that was great about the first one, sucked in the sequel, RDJ made Tony Stark unlikeable and a complete douche, Don Cheadle was meh as Rhodes and Mickey Rourke's Whiplash was a let down..

The action scenes were also weak, not to mention i like Jon Favreau but man giving his character more dialogue and screen time was a horrible idea, because he really made every scene corny as hell.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #100
def28
Side-Kick

Iron man 1 corny and over rated? Seriously? Movies great, this is the first time Ive heard hate for it. Now HUlk I got the nerd chills at least twice from the cheesy ***t in that film. I enjoyed it and all but its got some really corny stuff in it. Guess it all depends on what characters your favorite. TIH is a fast forward flick for me.

Any word on the next trailer date for FC? With Cap and Pirates trailers this week would think it has to be coming soon.

Last edited by def28; 03-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread