Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
But X3 gave us Kelsey Grammar Beast.

Wins by default.
By far the coolest thing in the film and it had nothing to do with Ratner, lol

Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #102
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Three

In the next hours on italian website comicus an exclusive interview about the movie.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #103
Angamb
Banned User

it probably will be some interviews to the cast and crew.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #104
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Interview with Edi Gathegi:

http://www.comicus.it/blog/movie-com...en-first-class

scroll down for the english version.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #105
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Comicus View Post
Interview with Edi Gathegi:

http://www.comicus.it/blog/movie-com...en-first-class

scroll down for the english version.

Doesn't reall say anything worth mentioning, but even though he is a very unknown character i do find his powers to be very interesting and it should be cool to see them displayed on screen.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #106
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Iron man 1 corny and over rated? Seriously? Movies great, this is the first time Ive heard hate for it. Now HUlk I got the nerd chills at least twice from the cheesy ***t in that film. I enjoyed it and all but its got some really corny stuff in it.
Yeah I don't find IM corny either. I liked TIH quite a bit, the only thing that really annoyed me was Nelson's take on Samuel Sterns. Way too over the top and nerdy. There's being a nerd and then there's just being a godawful D-bag.

As for First Class. Has anyone seen the trailer in the theatre yet?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #107
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Hey Guys have you seen the interesting character descriptions on the X-Perts section of the official facebook?

Hank is a brilliant scientist with only a few mutant features until a serum unexpectedly unlocks the superhuman Beast within.

The Man in Black, as his mysterious moniker suggests, works for a covert government agency whose mission is to guard, and when appropriate, exploit our most explosive secrets. He enlists the assistance of mutants - and finds himself at the vortex of a battle that will determine the fate of humankind.

Moira MacTaggert is a female CIA agent in the 1960s - a time when female operatives were very few in number. After Moira becomes among the first humans to witness the powers of mutants, she tracks down Charles Xavier, who helps Moira convince her superiors of the existence of mutants and the notion of working with them for the greater good.

Through 'reactive evolution,' Darwin can adapt to any situation or environment. Plunged underwater, he grows gills; in the dead of night, he gains night vision.

Banshee's unique sonic blasts carry him into flight. Like other young mutants, Banshee's powers reach their full potential only under Charles Xavier's patient tutelage, and in a battle that will have global consequences.

A demonic figure, Azazel can teleport by opening a portal into another dimension. He is a key player in Sebastian Shaw's plans to make sure that mutants inherit the planet.

Never far from the side of his leader, Sebastian Shaw, Riptide creates powerful whirlwinds that can demolish buildings and challenge even the most powerful mutants.

Alex can emit concentric rings of super-heated energy waves, causing his targets to burst into flame. The handsome, athletic mutant has difficulty with his impressive powers, until Charles Xavier teaches him how to harness them.

Charles,The young Oxford graduate, a powerful telepath who can read and control minds, had long wondered if there were others out there like him. When Charles finally meets some fellow mutants, he recruits them and harnesses their unique abilities to try and stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.

As a young man, Lehnsherr discovered, under horrific circumstances, his power to control magnetism. Now, he is determined to exact revenge on the monstrous evil who 'created' him. Erik and Charles form a fast and fateful friendship, which is tested in a battle upon which rests the fate of mankind.

A close friend to Charles Xavier, Raven is a metamorph or shape-shifter who can assume the form of any humanoid creature she chooses. The mutant teen works hard to lead a 'normal' life and hide her gifts, but the battle between Xavier's mutants and Shaw's forces leads her on a different path.

Angel, The beautiful ex-dancer possesses a stunning tattoo of insect-like wings, which become actual wings growing from her back, giving her the gift of flight. Her arsenal is a deadly acid, which she projectile vomits in combat.

Shaw, a force of incalculable evil, was a Nazi collaborator whose early research forever altered the life of a young Erik Lensherr. Shaw can absorb energy and re-channel it, and he will stop at nothing to start a war to ensure that mutants inherit the earth.

Emma, a platinum haired beauty and close ally of Sebastian Shaw, is a telepath who possess a diamond-like skin that is indestructible. Like Charles Xavier, she can project her thoughts and will into another's mind.

Some are quit interesting....

Sorry if you already knew

Old 03-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

All very Intresting.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #109
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Hey Guys have you seen the interesting character descriptions on the X-Perts section of the official facebook?

Hank is a brilliant scientist with only a few mutant features until a serum unexpectedly unlocks the superhuman Beast within.

The Man in Black, as his mysterious moniker suggests, works for a covert government agency whose mission is to guard, and when appropriate, exploit our most explosive secrets. He enlists the assistance of mutants - and finds himself at the vortex of a battle that will determine the fate of humankind.

Moira MacTaggert is a female CIA agent in the 1960s - a time when female operatives were very few in number. After Moira becomes among the first humans to witness the powers of mutants, she tracks down Charles Xavier, who helps Moira convince her superiors of the existence of mutants and the notion of working with them for the greater good.

Through 'reactive evolution,' Darwin can adapt to any situation or environment. Plunged underwater, he grows gills; in the dead of night, he gains night vision.

Banshee's unique sonic blasts carry him into flight. Like other young mutants, Banshee's powers reach their full potential only under Charles Xavier's patient tutelage, and in a battle that will have global consequences.

A demonic figure, Azazel can teleport by opening a portal into another dimension. He is a key player in Sebastian Shaw's plans to make sure that mutants inherit the planet.

Never far from the side of his leader, Sebastian Shaw, Riptide creates powerful whirlwinds that can demolish buildings and challenge even the most powerful mutants.

Alex can emit concentric rings of super-heated energy waves, causing his targets to burst into flame. The handsome, athletic mutant has difficulty with his impressive powers, until Charles Xavier teaches him how to harness them.

Charles,The young Oxford graduate, a powerful telepath who can read and control minds, had long wondered if there were others out there like him. When Charles finally meets some fellow mutants, he recruits them and harnesses their unique abilities to try and stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.

As a young man, Lehnsherr discovered, under horrific circumstances, his power to control magnetism. Now, he is determined to exact revenge on the monstrous evil who 'created' him. Erik and Charles form a fast and fateful friendship, which is tested in a battle upon which rests the fate of mankind.

A close friend to Charles Xavier, Raven is a metamorph or shape-shifter who can assume the form of any humanoid creature she chooses. The mutant teen works hard to lead a 'normal' life and hide her gifts, but the battle between Xavier's mutants and Shaw's forces leads her on a different path.

Angel, The beautiful ex-dancer possesses a stunning tattoo of insect-like wings, which become actual wings growing from her back, giving her the gift of flight. Her arsenal is a deadly acid, which she projectile vomits in combat.

Shaw, a force of incalculable evil, was a Nazi collaborator whose early research forever altered the life of a young Erik Lensherr. Shaw can absorb energy and re-channel it, and he will stop at nothing to start a war to ensure that mutants inherit the earth.

Emma, a platinum haired beauty and close ally of Sebastian Shaw, is a telepath who possess a diamond-like skin that is indestructible. Like Charles Xavier, she can project her thoughts and will into another's mind.

Yeah the Mystique one was interesting.. and i guess this confirms the plot from the Magneto film is being used for Magneto in this film.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
I thought IM2 was pretty bad, everything that was great about the first one, sucked in the sequel, RDJ made Tony Stark unlikeable and a complete douche, Don Cheadle was meh as Rhodes and Mickey Rourke's Whiplash was a let down..

The action scenes were also weak, not to mention i like Jon Favreau but man giving his character more dialogue and screen time was a horrible idea, because he really made every scene corny as hell.
There's a difference between a sequel movie being "bad" and a sequel simply not being as good as the first.

Iron Man 2 was an overall "good film" with positive reception, it just wasn't as good as the first Iron Man (which was great).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Yeah I don't find IM corny either. I liked TIH quite a bit, the only thing that really annoyed me was Nelson's take on Samuel Sterns. Way too over the top and nerdy. There's being a nerd and then there's just being a godawful D-bag.

As for First Class. Has anyone seen the trailer in the theatre yet?
I enjoy TIH more than both Iron Man films, but I will say that Iron Man is a "great film" while TIH & IM2 are "good films".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-22-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #111
ken smith
Side-Kick

Quote:

Really don't understand Sebastian Shaw's power. Could anyone help explain

Old 03-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #112
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Very interesting. This definitely answers some of our questions and confirms some of our suspicions.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #113
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
Really don't understand Sebastian Shaw's power. Could anyone help explain
He takes kinetic energy and instead of it hurting him, he reabsorbs it and uses it to boost his own strength, speed, and stamina.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #114
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
This is all so hypothetical, though. Singer may well have wanted to boost Cyclops' role but he never did and there's no proof he ever would have done- he ended up choosing SR and taking Marsden with him, which meant Cyclops had an even more reduced role in The Last Stand.

And there's no way Fox would just put X3 on hold while Singer did SR because SR might have led to a sequel and then a trilogy, which would mean he wouldn't be able to come back. So it had to proceed without him. And fan expectations were such that The Last Stand had to include the Phoenix, while there was also pressure to finally show Beast and Angel.

I think most people would agree that Singer should have completed his trilogy/quadrilogy and that it would of course have meant a more cohesive set of movies but films aren't just a product of imagination and creativity, they are also born out of circumstances and practical decisions.
I blame Fox for sitting on their asses and waiting SO DAMN LONG for them to sign Singer. WB saw an opportunity and scooped him up.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #115
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I blame Fox for sitting on their asses and waiting SO DAMN LONG for them to sign Singer. WB saw an opportunity and scooped him up.
They weren't sitting on anything, there were long negotiations and no agreement...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #116
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Interesting stuff Airbender

Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #117
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

Great stuff

Among other things, it confirms that
1) Angel will have her acid spit
2) Havok's power is the plasma, rather than concussive force
3) Shaw has the energy absorption
4) Riptide seems to create whirlwinds rather than turn himself into one

Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #118
chaseter
Bland User

Well it looks like Havok will have beams that cause fires so that was his damage in the danger room.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #119
JP
Smelly

Oh look, Shaw has the same power as in the comics.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #120
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
There's a difference between a sequel movie being "bad" and a sequel simply not being as good as the first.

Iron Man 2 was an overall "good film" with positive reception, it just wasn't as good as the first Iron Man (which was great).

I enjoy TIH more than both Iron Man films, but I will say that Iron Man is a "great film" while TIH & IM2 are "good films".

Just because you thought it was good and maybe some reviewers thought it was "Good" doesn't mean it is a "Good Film"

I thought the movie was BAD , hence why i said it was PRETTY BAD in the first sentence.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #121
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

I get the feeling that Riptide will probably have barley any speaking lines and will be just like Sabretooth,Deathstrike.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #122
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Awesome. It looks like Havok's powers, despite looking a lot like Scott's in the teaser, will indeed project heat instead of concussive force.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #123
chaseter
Bland User

I guess they needed a fire guy since Riptide will basically have the same power.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #124
ken smith
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
He takes kinetic energy and instead of it hurting him, he reabsorbs it and uses it to boost his own strength, speed, and stamina.
Tanks supert

Old 03-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #125
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I guess they needed a fire guy since Riptide will basically have the same power.
I'm working hard to make sense of this, but...