The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #51
The Morningstar
Banned User

Default Re: Can The Dreaded Inconsistency Can Be Explained?

Who cares? Seriously? Ignoring X-3 and Wolverine is a good thing.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #52
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Who cares? Seriously? Ignoring X-3 and Wolverine is a good thing.
That's pretty much it really, everyone including Fox is trying to pretend like those movies don't exist.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #53
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea, someone must have kicked Fox up the arse or something. It seems they've bucked their ideas up. They've realised X-3 and Wolverine were stinkers, and are trying to do something about it.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #54
huzzah
Side-Kick

Yeh, right. Then came the Wolverine cameo in First Class...

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #55
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

I dont really expect things to make perfect sense across 5 films. Xmen FC stands alone as being great.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #56
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And what does that have to do with the quality of First Class? It was just a little tip of the hat. It was a single passing line.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #57
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
That was actually pretty neat. Like it or not when people hear X-Men they think Wolverine. So it was a nice little nod. It's sure as hell better than making him the center of an actual X-Men film...which has happened. Stop nit-picking just to nit pick.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #58
Marvel
Side-Kick

Xavier can make anyone see what they want to see at any time (note: the back of the truck scene in First Class)

So, Xavier was playing tricks with the people in those scenes and the viewer as well. He made them not see him in his wheel chair because it would make him look weak and unappealing. There ya go, problem solved in three sentences.

Next....

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #59
storyteller
Side-Kick

Honestly just because you disliked X-men 3 and Origins doesn't mean no one liked them. If you don't want to discuss this stuff then stop replying to the thread.

I would be a little trippy if Xavier and Magneto approached Jean like they did in last stand in the beginning as enemies but Xavier used his powers to hide Magnetos costume and stuff to not scare the girl.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #60
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Honestly just because you disliked X-men 3 and Origins doesn't mean no one liked them. If you don't want to discuss this stuff then stop replying to the thread.

I would be a little trippy if Xavier and Magneto approached Jean like they did in last stand in the beginning as enemies but Xavier used his powers to hide Magnetos costume and stuff to not scare the girl.
Why would Magneto help Xavier recruit an extremely powerful girl to his school after the split?

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #61
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Xavier can make anyone see what they want to see at any time (note: the back of the truck scene in First Class)

So, Xavier was playing tricks with the people in those scenes and the viewer as well. He made them not see him in his wheel chair because it would make him look weak and unappealing. There ya go, problem solved in three sentences.

Next....
X3 and Wolverine were projections made by Xavier onto Wolverine and so those two films didn't really happen. There ya go.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #62
c-saw
Side-Kick

Why are people still bothering with this? They weren't trying to make a full blown prequel and trying to find all the connections to the previous movies is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - it was never meant to fit.

c-saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #63
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post

Thank you! I say this as someone who doesn't even like the films, but you can't just ignore them because they DO EXIST!!! Fox are not going to make a sequel to X2 and act as if the third doesn't exist as so many of you seem to want. As fans, sure we can ignore them individually but officially they exist and you certainly can't mandate how other people view them.

It's just a film, and there's a ton of inconsistencies. I think the best thing would have been if this were a complete reboot but that doesn't seem to be the case. Just work with what's there.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Last edited by ALP; 06-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #64
VoodooMagic
Side-Kick

Yeah it was a pretty great movie, if they inconsistencies bother you that much than you are taking movie's far too seriously.

My guess is they kind of tried to have it both ways with First Class
1.) If the movie was just okay, nothing special they would classify it as a prequel and be on there way, maybe make a sequel, maybe not
2.) If the movie ended up being awesome, fresh and original they would parlay it into a reboot of the x-men franchise, which is what I strongly think is going to happen now

think about:
A.) we know they want to do a trilogy on First Class
B.) How long do trilogies normally take to film?: 7-10 years
C.) You can bet whether FC was successful or not, by 2015 probably they would be looking into rebooting the classic x-men roster anyways (cylcops, Wolverine)
D.) Now they can just lead FC roster into classic roster and have an epic saga that spans well over 6 movies, and probably have a continuous narrative that could be as epic as any film series ever

...k maybe i'm giving FOX too much credit with the last point, but I think everything else I said is pretty likely

VoodooMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #65
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-saw View Post
Why are people still bothering with this? They weren't trying to make a full blown prequel and trying to find all the connections to the previous movies is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - it was never meant to fit.
Well if it was never meant fit then its a reboot. A different timeline with a younger cast, that's the way I see it.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #66
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

What decade did wolverine take place in? Based on cyclops' age, it would be 80s or 90s...

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #67
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

In my mind.....I'm treating this film as a reboot, at my theater Fox actually passed out a sort of questionare asking us what we thought of the film, I wrote it was amazing! But that it is held back by not being a reboot, they need to make a new continuity with this film IMO.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #68
ALP
In The Mountains

I asked in another thread but where is the X-mansion located? In the Singer films it is clearly in or around New York. In this movie it made it seem like the mansion was in England because Charles said his father built it a very long time ago. Does not compute.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

Old 06-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #69
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

The X-Mansion is located in New York. In the beginning of the scene with young Xavier and Mystique, the caption says Westchester, New York.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #70
ALP
In The Mountains

Okay, thanks. I missed that.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #71
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

No problem.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #72
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Edit: Nevermind, answered.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #73
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

As far as Beast and his fur goes, I just put it in my mind that for a brief time he reverts back to his "normal" mutantcy but the 2ndary mutation returns shortly after.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #74
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

The movie had so many subtle references to the original trilogy. Some that ring a bell are things like Magneto and Mystique's suggested romance to McCoy referencing that Mystique has genes that allow her to age at a decreased rate (which explains why Mystique still appears in her mid-20s in the original films). Honestly, this film only contradicts X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand (aside from the "Hank McCoy" cameo in X2), which we all know were so well received by the critics. I am completely fine with this film and it's sequels keeping continuity with the first two films and disregarding the rest.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #75
Heretic
Side-Kick

I have almost completely successfully removed X3 and Wolverine from my mind as being a part of this franchise (Note: I should NOT have to do that...a franchise this size should have someone in charge of making sure nothing gets done that will later be contradicted).

I enjoyed this movie...but I hope we don't get a bunch of sequels to it. A First Class sequel will still be in the past...and we know what happens after it...so I'm really ready for the story to move FORWARD, ignoring part 3. Maybe do one sequel to get rid of everyone who doesnt survive to make it to X1 and 2 and introduce Cyclops...and then move forward with a brand new storyarc built off of the end of X2.

Last edited by Heretic; 06-04-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote