The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #101
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Can The Dreaded Inconsistency Can Be Explained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Vaughn has already said in interviews that the split between Xavier and Magneto is not necessarily permanent.

In the comics it wasn't - Magneto even led the X-Men at one point. For the future stories to be interesting, it can't just be black and white. Magneto and the X-Men worked together in X2, for instance, because they needed to do so, and I could see something like that happening again if, for instance, Magneto needs Charles help to locate mutants.

It's that sort of interesting dynamic and unpredictability that makes for good stories.
Exactly Charles said he helped build cerebro not invent . The Cerebro in First Class was destroyed by Riptide.

Nothing to say Charles and Erik don't build a future updated version. they may team up to face a common enemy again. If Xavier and Magneto are still hanging out 40 years from First Class in Eriks plastic cell I'm sure they probably spent sometime together sometime in the past between the events of the movies.

There are plenty of blank spaces in the timeline to still be filled in

Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #102
KatarHol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
OK so how do a sixty-year-old WALLKING Xavier and Magneto, who are enemies by 40, according to this film, able to meet Jean and create a school? There are manyh inconsistencies that are impossible to explain without using terms like "MAGIC" and "CLONING." I'm OK with them
In the comics,Professor X could walk sometimes,he'd find a cure,then bam! Crippled again! It was always on and off. Also,Magneto trained the New Mutants if I'm not mistaken,so he and Charles could have mended their friendship for the flashback in X3.

KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #103
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

they could be scrapping the last X-men movie? although xaiver is older then 17 when they meet

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #104
jacobed
Banned User

The biggest inconsistency i saw was going from a great performance of Mystique by Lawerence to the cardboard Mystique of later films

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #105
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I really wish Singer and Vaughn would've called First Class a complete reboot so that the fanbase wouldn't have to debate continuity discrepancies over and over again.
Yeah this is the same mess that's been happening for years with the Star Wars prequels and original trilogies.

FOX can call X-Men FC part of the same continuity till their ears bleed but I think of XMFC as a brand new reboot.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #106
ALP
In The Mountains

As far as inconsistencies within the actual film, it felt like after Schmidt/Shaw left the room with young Magneto, they never saw each other again. But Shaw's dialogue completely contradicts this. His whole thing was trying to find other mutants among him and he's excited when he learns of young Erik's power. He even says something to the effect of "we're going to have a lot of fun together." It's clear from that scene that he was trying to recruit young Erik but the way the film plays out, it's like he never saw him again after that... or else wouldn't young Magneto have killed him a long time ago?

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #107
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
As far as inconsistencies within the actual film, it felt like after Schmidt/Shaw left the room with young Magneto, they never saw each other again. But Shaw's dialogue completely contradicts this. His whole thing was trying to find other mutants among him and he's excited when he learns of young Erik's power. He even says something to the effect of "we're going to have a lot of fun together." It's clear from that scene that he was trying to recruit young Erik but the way the film plays out, it's like he never saw him again after that... or else wouldn't young Magneto have killed him a long time ago?
I think they show additional memories of him and Shaw when Emma attacks him on the yatch.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #108
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Well Magneto couldn't kill Shaw by himself anyway.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #109
EML420
It's only part time.

It was confirmed that this was ment to be a prequel right? If so did Singer work on X3 at all I know he didnt direct but did he do anything and was he at all on Wolverine Origins? I know its going to drive us fans angry but you kinda have to go into this movies 10% comic fan and the rest just a normal viewer.

EML420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #110
BMM
Side-Kick

Singer didn't work on The Last Stand or Wolverine.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #111
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Singer was not involved with X3 and Wolverine at all.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #112
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I've learned that explaining inconsistencies in films and literature can drive one mad. One is better off just acknowledging them as inconsistencies and moving on.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #113
EML420
It's only part time.

If Singer wasnt on them then lets ignore them thats reallly the only way to look at it now. The most hated movies were ones he wasnt on. But despite all the contradictions and what not I still enjoyed the movie.

EML420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #114
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Xavier can make anyone see what they want to see at any time (note: the back of the truck scene in First Class)

So, Xavier was playing tricks with the people in those scenes and the viewer as well. He made them not see him in his wheel chair because it would make him look weak and unappealing. There ya go, problem solved in three sentences.

Next....
Perfect. It's completely plausible in this X-movie-verse.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #115
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Just a strange thought I had:

How about the walking Xavier from X3 and Wolverine actually being a shape shifter or an illusion from a telepath working for Mr. Sinister so he could trick Scott and Jean into going to Mr. Sinister's hideout so he could kidnap them?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #116
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I forever will live by the theory of whatever Bryan Singer says in the X-Universe is the truth.

So if Singer is involved with a film that clashes with someones who he didn't have a part in producing/writing then Singer wins by way of him just getting that respect.

Plus its not like Xavier didn't go from cripple to walking every couple dozen times in the comics, its reasonable to think that maybe somewhere down the line he cures himself/is cured only to be ****ed up again.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #117
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Just a strange thought I had:

How about the walking Xavier from X3 and Wolverine actually being a shape shifter or an illusion from a telepath working for Mr. Sinister so he could trick Scott and Jean into going to Mr. Sinister's hideout so he could kidnap them?
Why not just have him be a psychic projection, created by Xavier himself? Otherwise, you have to explain why they don't join Sinister (in Scott's case, escape him) and how they join Xavier. Plus, doesn't it being a shapeshifter or telepath at the beginning of The Last Stand, somewhat conflict with the exchange Professor Xavier and Magneto have outside of Jean's house 20 years later?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #118
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Origins: Wolverine is apparently being more or less ignored by The Wolverine - which has been described as a "one off" film - and will be ignored by the in-development Deadpool film, so it wouldn't be a stretch for the PTB to ignore The Last Stand by having Singer get as much of the original cast of the first two films back as possible (or recasting certain roles if he had to) for a direct follow-up to X2 that dealt with the Dark Phoenix storyline the way he'd originally intended to, and in a way that was consistent with FC and any sequels to it.

The PTB could also solve any inconsistencies between FC and any sequels and the first film by releasing a "special edition" of it that acknowledged the story retcons introduced in FC.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #119
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

hell, even the Deadpool movie is ignoring the events of Origins: Wolverine. if you guys read the script you'll know what i'm talking about

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #120
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
hell, even the Deadpool movie is ignoring the events of Origins: Wolverine. if you guys read the script you'll know what i'm talking about
Most people on here are aware of that script...

Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #121
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well if my memory serves me correct, I remember Singer's two films being mentioned the most when talking about where this film fits in. I mean I can't remember ONE time where Origins or the Last Stand was mentioned when talking about continuity, and I think Singer was being diplomatic when he gave his answer about having to ignore some continuity things when making this film since it's not hard to imagine that Singer and Vaughn wouldn't want their work to be associated with Origins or The Last Stand.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #122
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

They will bring in Cable for the sequel and use the Abrams/Star Trek timeline deviation plot to do what they want to.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #123
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If First Class's domestic box office ends up similar to The Incredible Hulk then after
The Wolverine(And X-Men Originseadpool If It actully goes Into production) they may
focus on getting X4 off the ground.If that happens with bryan Singer directing a question
would be would they treat first Class-X-Men-X2 as the trilogy X4 Is sequel to(With The
Wolverine and Deadpool If made as spinoffs) X4 will not be remake of Dark Phoenix saga but version of Days of Future past.Now If X4 Is viewed as sequel to Exsisting trilogy(X-men-X2-Last stand with First Class,The Wolverine and If Made Deadpool as spinoffs) It would certainly not make any references to Last Stand.No mention of cure(Magneto In last shot shows the cure If probally temporary) and no Cyclops.They can have Xavier back since he wroke up In body In Post credit scene(The commantary said It was his twin brother)

If Deadpool Is made with them calling It X-men Origins;Deadpool this means Wolverine can not viewed In film canon(Inless we believe In Wolverine Ryan Reynolds plays a mutant named wade in In Deadpool he plays deadpool who Is not character he played In
Wolverine.We could just Ignore we see Xavier briefly walking at end of WOlverine)

With Last Stand If we just completly Ignore the opening scene of xavier and Magneto going to jean's house It could loosly fit(Despite the error on Moira age and Beast's appearances and they could simply be Ignored)

It would be simplier just to view First Class,X-Men and X2 as trilogy with The Wolverine and Deadpool If Made as spinoffs but It's unknown If we are suspose to view It that way.It would depend If X4 were to use characters Introduced In The Last Stand.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #124
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
...It would be simplier just to view First Class,X-Men and X2 as trilogy with The Wolverine and Deadpool If Made as spinoffs but It's unknown If we are suspose to view It that way.It would depend If X4 were to use characters Introduced In The Last Stand.
And where does that leave any First Class sequels?

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #125
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
They will bring in Cable for the sequel and use the Abrams/Star Trek timeline deviation plot to do what they want to.

Or First Class will be such a massive flop that Fox will sell the X-men rights back to Marvel. It all depends on which radical haters you talk to.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote