The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #26
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 2

I can't wait until some actual footage starts being released because Zack Snyder's interview are really starting to bore me.

I'm not trying to hate on the man or anything, it just seems like all of his interviews are starting to sound the same.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #27
J.Howlett

Because they're all taken from the same press conference day for promotion of Sucker Punch.

He's basically, for a day, asked the same questions over and over and over again. We're just reading them from different news outlets.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #28
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

god I would hate that

I get impatient being asked the same question more than twice, and would just start giving smartass answers to every question

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Ok gotcha, that explains alot then .

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #30
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I didnt know if this had been posted but I wanted to comment on it anyway.

Guess that confirms Nolan's still working on it

I love how he kind of dodges the question about if he liked Superman Returns and Richard Donner's Superman movies buy just saying I love the movie, I think hes on about Superman the Movie only.

His sarcastic answer about Lois Lane is brilliant guess he's saying dont believe everything you read on the net. I reckon she's in it personally.
thanks for the posting.

just like everything he said. getting more hype up!

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
Dark Knight
Banned User

Saw Sucker Punch last night and as expected it wasn't anything special. Good visuals, good action, good costumes, good performances out of Cornish, Browning and Malone and good ending. That's about it.

What basically hurt it.....is the underdeveloped story and screenplay. It could have been far better if more work was done on the story and script IMO.

Glad Snyder will be working with a different team next time on Superman and it will be his more "realistic" film to date and he will be collaborating with Chris Nolan and David Goyer. So that should help him step his game up for the Man of Steel film!

BTW....Amy Adams is an inspired choice to play Lois Lane....let the solid casting for the Man Of Steel film to continue!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #32
ChickenScratch
Banned User

We will eventually see how it all shakes out with him working with a different team. I would love them to get a cinematographer who goes for that big broad John Ford type look with bright colors like old technicolor from the 50-70's Disney movies (think Herbie, Mary Poppins), Goldfinger (which I still say is one of the prettiest movies ever) The Adventures Of Robin Hood etc.

Damn I love technicolor! With modern cameras like Red you can get that sort of color saturation that will look really pretty and sill have a comic feel to it.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #33
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Snyder
It’s all me, Nolan and Goyer. I mean, I meet with the DC guys but they don’t really [get involved.] It’s all us figuring it out.
Hurm, I could be wrong but wasn't/isn't Geoff Johns balls deep (so to speak) into Green Lantern's production? I guess Goyer is the only comic book consultant they feel they need, since he's writing the thing anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I love how he kind of dodges the question about if he liked Superman Returns and Richard Donner's Superman movies buy just saying I love the movie, I think hes on about Superman the Movie only.
Yeah, I noticed that too He's probably referring to the Donner one.

Quote:
His sarcastic answer about Lois Lane is brilliant guess he's saying dont believe everything you read on the net. I reckon she's in it personally.
Yeah pretty funny, since we now know she is in the movie and who's playing her

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Seems to be a common remark to the Amy Adams casting. But it's worth noting how WB opted to announce this today on the day we got the not-so-awesome numbers in for Sucker Punch.

It's almost completely trumped everyone's talking about Punch being Snyder's third big-budget misfire in a row. Very, very smart call, WB.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I can't wait until some actual footage starts being released because Zack Snyder's interview are really starting to bore me.

I'm not trying to hate on the man or anything, it just seems like all of his interviews are starting to sound the same.
Kinda' like his movies?

Ba-da-Bing!!!

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #36
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Seems to be a common remark to the Amy Adams casting. But it's worth noting how WB opted to announce this today on the day we got the not-so-awesome numbers in for Sucker Punch.

It's almost completely trumped everyone's talking about Punch being Snyder's third big-budget misfire in a row. Very, very smart call, WB.
Do you think this was the contingency plan all along to avert attention for a film they knew was going to get smashed?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #37
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Do you think this was the contingency plan all along to avert attention for a film they knew was going to get smashed?
Nolan planned it all out from the beginning.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #38
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Still trying to push that "3rd big budget misfire" stuff huh?

Lets see the actual #'s from Box Office MoJo and please keep in mind both films were R rated and not meant to be family friendly films. This next Superman film will be for all ages but still be rated PG-13. It won't have any sexual stuff or heavy graphic violence involved.

300 (Box Office/Budget)

Theatrical Performance:
Total US Gross $210,614,939
International Gross $245,453,242
Worldwide Gross $456,068,181
Home Market Performance
US DVD Sales: $261,407,233

Production Budget: 60-65 million

Watchmen (Box Office/Budget)

Theatrical Performance:
Total US Gross $107,509,799
International Gross $76,558,558
Worldwide Gross $184,068,357
Home Market Performance
US DVD Sales: $52,645,476

Production Budget: 138 million

Both films made a profit despite being R rated films and not being family friendly. Not an easy thing to do.

So in reality Jamie...Sucker Punch seems to be Snyders' only real "bomb" and that didn't even have a big budget at around 75 million and the film was not a family friendly PG-13.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #39
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Snyder needs a hit terribly.

Michael Bays career looked lifeless after the Island, but he came through with Transformers. Snyder needs to do something similar. Channel his individual style into something mainstream and commercial.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #40
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

His last huge hit was 300. Yeah, Snyder needs this. He deserves it. You tell people that the guy who directed 300 is doing Superman, they get interested.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #41
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I read this comment at AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48998

Quote:
Mar 24, 2011 7:55:12 PM CDT Zack the Hack

by kwisatzhaderach

Snyder hasn't managed a convicing moment of emotion or drama on-screen yet. He's a production designer, a DP, somebody completely out of their element.
I thought it was an interesting view of him that I had never thought of. What do you all think?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #42
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I usually disagree with things on AICN, just because they're on AICN.

But I disagree with it completely. I thought Watchmen had the perfect depth, Dawn of the Dead had it's heart in the right place (a big heart at that). 300 I didn't care for, but that's because apart from Sin City I don't like Frank Miller when he's allowed to go all out. I've yet to see Owls or Sucker Punch, but want to.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #43
Project862006
Banned User

since watchmen had plenty of emotion and drama that comment makes no sense

Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #44
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

That's just the opinion of some stuck up movie snob who couldn't make a movie if their life depended on it. Just like every other critic.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #45
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

I thought it was an interesting view of him that I had never thought of. What do you all think?
I had thought about it. Nevertheless for a production designer he's quite a good filmmaker. For Superman I'd want something better though.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #46
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

Well....it is also the job of a DP and production designer to address the emotion and drama in a scene with their respective crafts. But I think this critic is trying to squeeze apple juice out of oranges, so to speak.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #47
GreenKToo
In the fire

The only critic's opinion I care about is your's truly, and I happened to like dawn of the dead, 300, and watchmen. Owl's was ok for what it was. I haven't seen SP so I can't speak to that.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #48
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The only film of his that I've seen and enjoyed as a whole was Dawn of the Dead.

I'd really like to see behind the scenes footage of how he directs.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

That's good.

I don't think anyone should be criticized for caring about Critics opinion as much as they shouldn't be criticized for not caring. It's subjective.

Critics get paid to critique and that's okay. I just hope no one takes critics opinion as the word of god, but at the same time they do serve a purpose.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #50
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Saw Sucker Punch on Saturday. The movie was awesome once I switched my brain off. Not his best work story wise but it's not gonna make me backtrack and say Snyder is the wrong choice for Superman.

The tagline "you will be unprepared" is so true.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Closed Thread