The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Did the Robot sentry make Clark Bleed ?

Hi folks, just a quick thread.

I was watching MOS again, big surprise there, and I noticed that Clark's shirt looks burnt, rather than bloody, where the robot sentry strikes him
(in the Fortress of Solitude/Scoutship).
As such, I don't think it actually broke his skin, and while it stung, it didn't make him bleed.

I'm sure there are other explanations (e.g. atmospheric elements on the ship, similar to krypton that might have partially weakened him) etc.
But I'm not convinced it actually did break his skin.

What do all the other MOS fans think ? Especially those who have the equipment to have a very close look.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Did the Robot sentry make Clark Bleed ?

I don't think I ever thought it made him bleed, but I do think that the fact that such a small robot using the liquid metal appendage could stun or cause Clark any kind of pain was setting up the World Engine battle. By showing that even a small sentry could stymie him for even a hot minute, it gives some legitimacy to the idea that the K-Tech behind the WE could be dangerous to Superman. I actually think, for what ever reason, this was missed by a lot of the fan audience.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The film really did go out of its way to show that Kryptonian weapons can harm and phase Superman; especially when he took a took a direct hit from the Kryptonian ship that came to pick up Zod in Smallville.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Hi folks, just a quick thread.

I was watching MOS again, big surprise there, and I noticed that Clark's shirt looks burnt, rather than bloody, where the robot sentry strikes him
(in the Fortress of Solitude/Scoutship).
As such, I don't think it actually broke his skin, and while it stung, it didn't make him bleed.

I'm sure there are other explanations (e.g. atmospheric elements on the ship, similar to krypton that might have partially weakened him) etc.
But I'm not convinced it actually did break his skin.

What do all the other MOS fans think ? Especially those who have the equipment to have a very close look.
Well in the novelization it says that when the sentry struck him it was the first time he ever felt pain. He could have bled. I wondered that too. The book said something like it was unfamiliar sensation to him because he never really felt it before. I also think the rip on the shirt was a nod to the regenerating suit he would get later from Jor.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Does the novelization say his suit regenerates?

Romans 8:38-39
WoodyROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
i still feel the suit didn't get enough of an explanation - as an example, i would have preferred it if they walked up to a vault, and it opened to a large room full of many different suits, or at least like a kryptonian changing room with pieces of the suit on display - like in Arrow

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
I looked through the parts where it might say that and I didn't see it. The only thing it says it's from a distant ancestor. It might be in the Krypton parts at the beginning. If I find it I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
i still feel the suit didn't get enough of an explanation - as an example, i would have preferred it if they walked up to a vault, and it opened to a large room full of many different suits, or at least like a kryptonian changing room with pieces of the suit on display - like in Arrow
Yeah, this for me too. It's like they literally tried to skip past it as fast as they could. LOL...even the look Clark gives the suit is like...oh brother it's the suit...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
sf2
Side-Kick

i still feel that the suit should be costumed made on the spot... that's why it fits him perfectly. and if his suit got damaged, he can always make a new one later.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #9
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I don't think I ever thought it made him bleed, but I do think that the fact that such a small robot using the liquid metal appendage could stun or cause Clark any kind of pain was setting up the World Engine battle. By showing that even a small sentry could stymie him for even a hot minute, it gives some legitimacy to the idea that the K-Tech behind the WE could be dangerous to Superman. I actually think, for what ever reason, this was missed by a lot of the fan audience.
Actually Superman at the WE was weaked by the efect of the kryptonian atmosphere but yeah I agree with you that K-tech was dangerous.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The WE changing the atmosphere was important to giving the scene some tension, true. All I can say is on my first watch when I saw Clark rubbing his arm after the robot whipped it I said to myself "Oh, THAT stuff is going to be important later on."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote