The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #26
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Default Re: Should "Man of Steel" lead into a "Justice League" movie?

Robinov is the new man in charge, so I guess we shall see if he can deliver.

Though DCE has mentioned plans for a Justice League movie before.. just never with an attached targeted date to it.

I guess the plans for Flash fell through.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #27
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
My take is that Nolan's Batman is the first hero in this verse. The others haven't been established yet. That's why it seems as though hyper-realism is maintained and there's no other heroes yet.

I think it would be an easy transition to bring in the others if there's logical versimilatude involved in the approach.
Nah... I really think that their only concern is their Batman in Batman's world. And honestly, if they've built it up to be what it is, it's their choice whether or not to let other franchises/characters gain from its popularity/success via a 'teamup'. Chances are they'll choose not to. Of course, WB can make it happen, but it won't be with Bale or Nolan involved. And honestly, I think Nolan's 'Bat-verse' deserves to be on its own and close itself out on its own terms...because it's been so unique in what it's achieved. It can still be Batman in name and brand in JL...just not Nolan and Bale's Batman...same as it wont' be Donner's Superman. The public will accept it just fine if it's good.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 AM   #28
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

After reading the profile on robinov, it seems as though he'd be more likely to let directors continue with their own visions of heroes, like nolan's batman for instance, instead of forcing them all together for a JL movie. Just a guess, though.

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 AM   #29
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

I think we got confirmation some months back that Nolan was shepherding all the new WB/DCE projects including a potential JL.

So.. who knows?

Bale as Batman = major $ for Warners. I'm sure they will try to pay him off to return, just like how Fox is clinging to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #30
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
I think we got confirmation some months back that Nolan was shepherding all the new WB/DCE projects including a potential JL.

So.. who knows?

Bale as Batman = major $ for Warners. I'm sure they will try to pay him off to return, just like how Fox is clinging to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
That may be, I have no idea, but the last thing I remember hearing is nolan saying that this superman and his batman are completely in their own universes. Unless he's had a pretty big change of heart, or WB is paying him mucho dollars (which he doesn't seem too concerned with) it doesn't seem to make sense.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #31
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:

So.. who knows?

Yeah, and that's turned out great, eh? Nolan and Bale will most likely leave Batman after TDKR....even if offered the moon. They'll be able to write their own ticket in other projects anyway. Nolan's done plenty for DC/Batman already. If WB wants a JL teamup, they should specifically start projects meant for teaming up like Marvel has. Or just do a new JL with a new Batman and leave Nolan's Batman series alone.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 03-29-2011, 03:05 AM   #32
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Yeah, and that's turned out great, eh? Nolan and Bale will most likely leave Batman after TDKR....even if offered the moon. They'll be able to write their own ticket in other projects anyway. Nolan's done plenty for DC/Batman already. If WB wants a JL teamup, they should specifically start projects meant for teaming up like Marvel has. Or just do a new JL with a new Batman and leave Nolan's Batman series alone.
We don't know yet if Green Lantern and Superman will be presented with that intent.

But it's too soon to say that Nolan won't have a connection with future Bat projects. He's still tied to Warners through the DCE deal and Superman.

He confirmed he won't direct any films beyond Batman III, but we don't know whether he won't have a 'godfather' role in shepherding these future films with new directors.

Last edited by Man of Tomorrow; 03-29-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 AM   #33
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
That may be, I have no idea, but the last thing I remember hearing is nolan saying that this superman and his batman are completely in their own universes. Unless he's had a pretty big change of heart, or WB is paying him mucho dollars (which he doesn't seem too concerned with) it doesn't seem to make sense.
Or they have a plan they're not revealing yet.

So far statements from Nolan and Snyder have been pretty deceptive, until after actual press releases.

It wouldn't surprise me if DC Entertainment (specifically Geoff Johns) wants a DC film universe too and this JL teamup.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #34
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

dammit

if only actors would stop aging

Old 03-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #35
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Bale, Reynolds and Cavill are young enough to keep playing these characters for years to come.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #36
jmc
callin' it like I see it

There is no chance a JL film being ready by 2013, even 2014 is being generous. 2015 absolute minimum.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #37
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

IF this movie gets made, who do you guys think should direct it?

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:34 AM   #38
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
We don't know yet if Green Lantern and Superman will be presented with that intent.
It doesn't matter if they are or not...Batman wasn't, and it's ending within a year. If they want Batman in JL, it'll have to be a different Batman than this one. Go look in the TDKR forum and see what they feel about this...they probably have a lot more info on Nolan/Bale.

Quote:
But it's too soon to say that Nolan won't have a connection with future Bat projects. He's still tied to Warners through the DCE deal and Superman.

He confirmed he won't direct any films beyond Batman III, but we don't know whether he won't have a 'godfather' role in shepherding these future films with new directors.
Yeah, but BB, TDK, and TDKR are his baby. He's not suddenly going to connect that to something it wasn't intended to connect to...with three movies already done.

You keep saying 'But what if..' this and that. What if...he finishes his Batman the way he says he's going to, and the way they've been put together..and that's it? What if what's right in front of our noses...is actually true? Then...yeah, the JL won't be able to use Bale's Batman...but if they still want Batman in it, they'll get another one. It makes a lot more sense than trying to create these hypothetical options for Nolan's Batman to somehow carry on past TDKR.

It's also very possible that Nolan will leave superhero movies altogether after TDKR and the Superman movie are done, and keep pursuing other projects. There's a lot of other film projects out there outside of superheroes.

Last edited by KalMart; 03-29-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #39
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

That Robinov article in the LA Times seems to be culled from separate info. and quotes. It is not a direct interview with Robinov. It looks like the journalist went to IMDb and saw that 'Justice League: Mortal' was listed as to be released in 2013 (and anyone could've placed that date there.)

It's not an examination on the DC movies strategy but more of a puff piece about Robinov. It doesn't mention Flash because it doesn't even seem aware of plans to make that. I think Flash is still being developed.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #40
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That Robinov article in the LA Times seems to be culled from separate info. and quotes. It is not a direct interview with Robinov. It looks like the journalist went to IMDb and saw that 'Justice League: Mortal' was listed as to be released in 2013 (and anyone could've placed that date there.)

It's not an examination on the DC movies strategy but more of a puff piece about Robinov. It doesn't mention Flash because it doesn't even seem aware of plans to make that. I think Flash is still being developed.
You make a good point, but you'd think the L.A. times would check their facts on something like that.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #41
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
You make a good point, but you'd think the L.A. times would check their facts on something like that.
Well, it's not the LA Times Hero Complex but the business section focusing on Robinov.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 AM   #42
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
That's comforting, actually.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #43
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
That's comforting, actually.
I've calmed down a lot now, I'm almost certain that's the case. It would otherwise have gone against what I've heard from people involved in all of these projects.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #44
B
[insert witty comment]

Should Superman 2012 lead into a Justice League move?

No. At least not unless Green Lantern & this Superman film are both set in a similar tone of realism to BB & TDK.. otherwise it will be daft with Batman.

The TDKR could give a good indication if Nolan decides to take things a little more outside the box in terms of the plot in regards to Bane.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #45
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

I still don't think any of the Nolan Batman films have anything to do with...or to offer...a Justice League movie. Superman and GL can adjust their storylines/tone/etc. towards Nolan's Batman all they want, but what's the point if Nolan's Batman ends with TDKR as he's said it will, and as Bale's run as Batman ends with TDKR, as he's said it will as well?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The only way I see Cavill's Superman ever being in a JL movie is if they start gearing the fictional universe set within this world ready for a JL collaboration by the time the third film for Superman comes out.

By then, Warners would be ready to have a new batman to tailor to this universe while other DC characters could have hopefully had their own films by then to add to the mix.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #47
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

I wouldn't that to heart.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #48
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:

I think this ^ addresses it best. Whew!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #49
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm not a fan of this idea. As mentioned before Nolan has said time and time again that Batman and Superman exist in their own worlds. So I don't see a team up anytime soon. I enjoy Nolan's Batman movies and think he did an excellent job. But to use The Joker once and Two-Face once and Scarecrow twice is lame. I don't care about the excuse that Ledger died and nobody could do it as good as him...that's BS! And the fact that Nolan won't do a Superman/Batman team up aggravates me to no end. His movies are based in realism...there is nothing real about Superman, he friggin flies for crying out loud. I'd love to see a JLA movie, just not headed by Nolan...I'll be kinda glad to see him step away

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #50
GreenKToo
In the fire

I dunno..that sounds a bit rushed to me...If I had my rathers, i'd rather see a team-up film with supes and bats BEFORE JL. Same with Flash and GL. There is plenty of time for a JL film down the road.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote