The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #76
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should "Man of Steel" lead into a "Justice League" movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youkaisama View Post
Well, there's certainty that The Flash and Wonder Woman is in the works. I'm happy for that.
But I got a feeling that it's too rushed to go for a JL movie by 2013.
Maybe they're trying to grab the actors?

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #77
GreenKToo
In the fire

Lots of questions now..I'm assuming Cavill will be the man in JL as well. That said, it seems possible we may be in for more than we bargained for in the upcoming superman film, namely, will it be setting up JL? Same goes for GL......All that henges on if the article is accurate or not.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #78
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Yes, even more good news.

I'm liking that Jeff Robinov a whole lot more now lol.
Smart on their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Haha. I guessed this would happen, in multiple threads.

It's too risky continuing a billion dollar franchise without the man who made it having at least some involvement "godfathering" the project.

I'm guessing this 'reinvention' will make Nolan's Batman able to co-exist in a universe with Superman and the other 5 League members.

Great news though. DCE/WB finally has it's "Avengers" gameplan.
I think your guess is right. I still don't think it will be for 2013, but what do I know.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #79
Octoberist
point blank

Delay Justice League to 2014 and get Guerrimo del Toro

Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #80
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Get JJ Abrams. He's the only director I can think of that can pull off all the characters correctly in one film.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #81
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Lots of questions now..I'm assuming Cavill will be the man in JL as well. That said, it seems possible we may be in for more than we bargained for in the upcoming superman film, namely, will it be setting up JL? Same goes for GL......All that henges on if the article is accurate or not.
They are working on the script for Green Lantern II currently, so I'm guessing that's still going forward.

We may even get John Stewart in this, if WB wants a 'diverse' cast like they did for JL:Mortal.

As far as Superman goes? My guess is it will be like "Incredible Hulk."

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #82
youkaisama
Alien from Uranus

On another note, I always get disappointed when Aquaman's left out from the list.
Isn't he a founding member of JL?
I need an Aquaman movie.

youkaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #83
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Only thing that's questionable is that 2013 release.

That aside, Robinov has greenlight authority now. So I don't think we're looking at another Wall-Street Journal 2008 situation.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.
FilmNerdJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #84
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by youkaisama View Post
On another note, I always get disappointed when Aquaman's left out from the list.
Isn't he a founding member of JL?
I need an Aquaman movie.
Poor Aquaman. Doesn't get enough of the love. I would like a movie too. But maybe, like in the JL: Mortal story, he can be greatly featured in the JL movie and play a pivotal role.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #85
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
How much setting up would they have to do and how much would you want them to do?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #86
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

With the Flash in production and Warner Bros. essentially planning for Superman and Green Lantern to have sequels, I doubt that we'll see a Justice League movie in 2013. I do think that we'll see it, just not in 2013.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #87
goh78
Side-Kick

I just hate the idea of Bale's Batman to be in the same world as people like Green Lantern, Superman, etc. It cheapens what he has done: the idea that he is just a human being who's made himself more not by a power ring or being an alien, but because he has the drive and determination to rid his city of evil. Look at a lineup like that, and all of a sudden Batman is the weakest link. Can't fly, etc. I know that's not how he has ever been portrayed in any JL incarnation, but I feel Bale's Batman would look inferior in comparison. Not that it matters anyway, because I feel the point all along is to ground him in reality, which they've done a fantastic job of. They wouldn't go and throw that all away I don't think.

goh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #88
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh78 View Post
I just hate the idea of Bale's Batman to be in the same world as people like Green Lantern, Superman, etc. It cheapens what he has done: the idea that he is just a human being who's made himself more not by a power ring or being an alien, but because he has the drive and determination to rid his city of evil. Look at a lineup like that, and all of a sudden Batman is the weakest link. Can't fly, etc. I know that's not how he has ever been portrayed in any JL incarnation, but I feel Bale's Batman would look inferior in comparison. Not that it matters anyway, because I feel the point all along is to ground him in reality, which they've done a fantastic job of. They wouldn't go and throw that all away I don't think.
I'm thinking a way to make Batman seem valuable to the team is to sort of put him in an Oracle type position. Like maybe he stays behind for the huge battles, and does more of like infiltration stuff, and hacking. I think that would be awesome.

Of course I'd still want him to fight, but like maybe not fight off huge supervillains...

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #89
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh78 View Post
But I don't think it will be Bale's Batman, it'll be someone else, with a new take on Batman.

Quote:
With the Flash in production and Warner Bros. essentially planning for Superman and Green Lantern to have sequels, I doubt that we'll see a Justice League movie in 2013. I do think that we'll see it, just not in 2013.
The article says though, that a Flash movie is going to come out after the JL movie. Is the Flash movie being delayed now? I do think it is rather ambitious for Robinov to say the JL movie is coming out for 2013, and many factors can change that. But if they have decided to delay The Flash, then they will have to start thinking about their superhero tentpole for 2013. It's too soon for the Superman sequel, a year after the first one. So it's either GL 2 or JL. And GL 2 would be quite soon after the first GL movie, only two years.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #90
Octoberist
point blank

Why can't it be Bale as a different version of Batman.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #91
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

It sounds like Green Lantern and Superman are the first steps towards Justice League. I would bet on Justice League starring Cavill as Superman and Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern (unless they go with John Stewart).

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #92
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post

Green Lantern is the only one planned to get a sequel.

Flash comes out after JL.

Superman may be a one-off deal, as many have predicted for months.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #93
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Superman may be a one-off deal, as many have predicted for months.
I think they're only saying that incase it flops, to be honest if we're gonna get Justice League movies with Superman in and not solo movies then I'm not gonna cry about that.

I guarantee if Man of Steel makes a massive amount we'll get a sequel.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #94
7heBoss
Side-Kick

I don't know how I feel about a Justice League movie taking priority over a possible Superman Sequel. However the idea of Hal Jordan and Superman teaming up in some epic battle makes me a little giddy.

7heBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #95
7heBoss
Side-Kick

I would also go nuts if Cavill had some kind of cameo in GL. Didn't GL have some reshoots in January? and Cavill was announced as Superman at the end of January. I doubt there is anything there but if I saw Cavill unexpectedly while watching Green Lantern. I would scream like a teenager during Twilight

Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #96
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think they're only saying that incase it flops, to be honest if we're gonna get Justice League movies with Superman in and not solo movies then I'm not gonna cry about that.

I guarantee if Man of Steel makes a massive amount we'll get a sequel.
I think much of it has to do with the fact that Robinov really didn't want to make another Superman film.

The lawsuit forced his hand.

That might be a factor why it's getting "The Incredible Hulk" treatment leading into Justice League.

I wouldn't mind if Superman continues in the JL films instead of solo ones.

I'm sure we'll still get the main Superman foes; Lex, Brainiac and Darkseid in JL.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #97
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I think much of it has to do with the fact that Robinov really didn't want to make another Superman film.

That might be a factor why it's getting "The Incredible Hulk" treatment leading into Justice League.

I'm sure we'll still get the main Superman foes; Lex, Brainiac and Darkseid in JL.
I think Darkseid would definitely be best saved for a JLA movie. Also if they were to take the plot from Legacy where he mind controls Superman that would be awesome to see the rest of the league go up against Superman and then to have him take down Darkseid at the end in revenge. Darkseid has so many minions it could be a right war

Old 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #98
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:

If Superman got The Incredible Hulk treatment, I would only be happy if he was treated as the leader, and not just some average team member. I wouldn't mind a small struggle for leadership between some of the heavy hitters, but I would be a little upset if for some reason Green Lantern took center stage and Superman was treated as a sidekick

Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #99
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
If Superman got The Incredible Hulk treatment, I would only be happy if he was treated as the leader, and not just some average team member. I wouldn't mind a small struggle for leadership between some of the heavy hitters, but I would be a little upset if for some reason Green Lantern took center stage and Superman was treated as a sidekick
I agree with that, you have to try n showcase them all equally really but Superman should take the leadership role.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #100
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
How much setting up would they have to do and how much would you want them to do?
Personally, my preference would be to have a wide reaching threat.
A threat that every main character in their solo films notices..Something impending, foreboding, yet unseen.
Something that no hero, including Superman, could handle alone.
All the while the characters go about tackling the threats on a daily basis that they normally face.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote