The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #101
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Should "Man of Steel" lead into a "Justice League" movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Green Lantern is the only one planned to get a sequel.

Flash comes out after JL.

Superman may be a one-off deal, as many have predicted for months.
Flash has been worked on for months now with the Green Lantern team and Showtime just said that they have a script that they really like and do you really think that Superman is going to be a one off deal? Doubt it.

I'm willing to bet that we'll see a Flash movie and sequels to Superman and Green Lantern before a Justice League movie.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #102
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Flash has been worked on for months now with the Green Lantern team and Showtime just said that they have a script that they really like and do you really think that Superman is going to be a one off deal? Doubt it.

I'm willing to bet that we'll see a Flash movie and sequels to Superman and Green Lantern before a Justice League movie.
The core problem is basic. Going for 2013 is way, way, waaaaaay too soon for a Justice League movie especially if they intend to show off a new Batman (which might be because he eats it in Dark Knight Rises; but wouldn't coming clean with these intentions this soon raise flags its BS spreading to throw people off)?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #103
Octoberist
point blank

I think whatever he's saying is premature but in the works.

I think they'll bring out Green Lantern 2 and The Flash in 2013, and perhaps release plans for a new Batman THEN in 2014 or 2015 we can Justice League.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #104
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
The core problem is basic. Going for 2013 is way, way, waaaaaay too soon for a Justice League movie especially if they intend to show off a new Batman (which might be because he eats it in Dark Knight Rises; but wouldn't coming clean with these intentions this soon raise flags its BS spreading to throw people off)?
I refuse to believe that they will ever kill Batman. Ever. Not in a million years.

But that's why I agree with you. It's way too soon for a Justice League movie especially when it's blatantly obvious that WB is going forward with the Flash movie and sequels to Green Lantern and Man of Steel if they're successful. And the only way a Justice League movie will be credible is if they have most of the actors who play Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern. 2013 is too soon when 2012 has The Dark Knight Rises (assuming that Bale is willing to play the role again) and Man of Steel.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #105
Kurosawa
Banned User

No interest in a JLA movie. I hate seeing Superman being used as Batman's ***** in the comics, and I know they would do it in a movie as well. A JLA movie could very well be the nail in the coffin for Superman as a relevant character.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #106
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
But I don't think it will be Bale's Batman, it'll be someone else, with a new take on Batman.
As long as that's the case, I'd look forward to it.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #107
EliteF50
Side-Kick

My guess would be, if Superman is a success: 2015 (due to complications), directed by Zack Snyder (I pray), produced by Chris Nolan, and written by John, Chris and Goyer.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #108
KRIM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
No interest in a JLA movie. I hate seeing Superman being used as Batman's ***** in the comics, and I know they would do it in a movie as well. A JLA movie could very well be the nail in the coffin for Superman as a relevant character.
Hrm. This isn't even a "glass is half-empty" attitude. This is "f--k the glass, there is no water!"

Fortunately, artists have choices in this world. And if they won't Superman to be a b---h, then he simply won't be.

KRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #109
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Luckily, the reporter was likely just looking at imdb for his info, as saw that justice league mortal as listed for 2013

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #110
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
Fortunately, artists have choices in this world. And if they won't Superman to be a b---h, then he simply won't be.
Right. As someone mentioned, there could be a power struggle. Or Superman just doesn't have to be written that way.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #111
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
Luckily, the reporter was likely just looking at imdb for his info, as saw that justice league mortal as listed for 2013

But you're making it as if the reporter is a complete dummy when he's not. LA Times and the Hero Complex have a great relationship with WB. It's possible that JEFF ROBINOV is premature.

Just like Marvel kept on changing their dates around for the Avengers. It was suppose to come out THIS year, if you recall.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #112
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post

Honestly, your opinion clashes with Robinov's statements.

Robinov even mentioned they have a Flash script, but he stated JL is coming first.

The studio must have more faith in JL as a launching point for Flash.

As far as Superman, the sequels are jumping the gun at this point. This project was designed as a one off due to the lawsuit, and it sounds like the master plan now is to set up JL.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #113
Dark Knight
Banned User

Yeah, I have always felt that the ending of the Man of Steel film should be a lead into a Justice League film IMO.

If fans and the fanboys here about a bigger threat being possibly introduced (for the Justice League to unite and do battle against) and mentioned at the end of the Superman film, there will be even more buzz for the film and more butts in seats.

They may want to start production on a JL film in 2013, but it will surely not be released in 2013 IMO.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 03-29-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #114
Superman2007
Side-Kick

I can understand them wanting to "reinvent" Batman. The Batman in the Nolan films isn't fantastical enough to work in a Justice League movie. However, if they produce one Batman movie where he's not stuck in the confines of Nolan's realistic world, then he could transition better into Justice League film. I think Levitt might have bigger role than Alberto Falcone. Maybe a protege who could take the reigns for Batman in a JL film, perhaps? DKR is apparently about Legacy, what if Bale's Batman has his own successor?

Superman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #115
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

IMO Snyder's film will be enough to set up Superman's origins, the Kents raising him, his Kryptonian heritage and Lex Luthor.

The JL films could tackle Superman VS Lex, Brainiac and eventually Darkseid. It could be magnificent.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #116
Octoberist
point blank

Don't forget that one of the main things that is thrusting the screenplay and the worries of the fans is more action. So 'Man of Steel' won't be just Lex.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #117
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Yeah, we already know Zod and the Kryptonians are involved are super villains. That goes into the "Kryptonian heritage" part.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #118
batman44
Go Speed GO

I prefer Superman tackle Lex and Brainiac in his own movie without any outside help.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #119
Octoberist
point blank

If the Avengers are gonna take on friggin' Loki and the Krulls, I'd say bring on Darkseid.

I'm just wondering what director can tackle this project.

If it was delayed a bit futher, they can get Jon Fav (who wanted the Avengers gig in the first place). There' also JJ Abrams and maybe G. Del Toro. But they all have projects right now so that's why they should delay the release date.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #120
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Well Brainiac could be in this movie as well, who knows.

Though I like the idea of Lex Luthor being a staple in the JL films. It worked so well on JLU.

I'm down for Darkseid as well, but if they want White Martians or OMACs, I wouldn't be too disappointed. I think JL will easily be a HUGE hit and guarantee JL sequels, just as Avengers sequels are being mapped out.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #121
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, with Superman, I don't know how they'll explain the Phantom Zone to keep Zod youthful without going in with too much backstory. That's why I think they may just scrap it all together and introduce Brainiac who found a way to preserve Zod. Or something like that, and use Zod as a puppet. Brainiac could be the "man behind the curtain' if you will.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #122
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Yeah, with Superman, I don't know how they'll explain the Phantom Zone to keep Zod youthful without going in with too much backstory. That's why I think they may just scrap it all together and introduce Brainiac who found a way to preserve Zod. Or something like that.
My working theory is that Zod = Brainiac in this script. Zod becomes the vessel for Brainiac.

It's similar to Goyer merging Ducard and Ras into one character.

I know they aren't going to go the same old way with Zod this time around. I expect a twist like that.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #123
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, Yeah, I came with an idea similar to yours too. Maybe his true form comes out near the end, or something like that.

The entire time, Clark is questioning his heritage and how his fellow countrymen/women are traitors/evil folks but it turns out that it was all a lie.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #124
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

If they get an actor like Viggo for Zod, I could see him pulling off an amazing Brainiac performance too

I hope the rumors of his involvement are true.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #125
Octoberist
point blank

I hope so too. He would add a lot of weight to the movie. Serious weight. Along with Michael Shannon if he's auditioning for another role.