The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #351
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Black Widow >>>> Catwoman

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #352
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I hope somewhere down the line they update BW from her guns to her widow gauntlets so she can charge more of a punch.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #353
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I hope somewhere down the line they update BW from her guns to her widow gauntlets so she can charge more of a punch.
She has her Widow Gaunlets in the film, plus in the comics guns are far more dangerous than her Widow Gauntlets.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #354
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
She would look panicked either way. If he's shielding her, she's panicking from whatever he's shielding her from.

Exactly.
I just don't think, under *any* circumstances, would Hulk willingly attack Black Widow. I say that partly because of the Banner-Natasha relationship that may have been rumored (or that I'm misreading, but w/e), but mainly because it makes no sense for him to attack her.

1) Hulk is *not* a wild, out-of-control beast. He still can differentiate between good and evil --- perhaps easier than the rest of us who tend to see things in shades of grey --- and only attacks people who are trying to hurt him, or who are trying to hurt innocents. Unless Widow stupidly tries to attack Hulk, he has no reason to strike her. And there's no indication she's attacking him.
2) The enemy in this scene is Loki, and most likely Hawkeye, who is evidently his unwitting pawn. Hulk has *reason* to attack them, not to attack Widow, who is his ally.
3) Nobody wants to see a Hulk vs. Black Widow battle. Hulk vs. Thor, yeah; Hulk vs. Iron Man, sure. We want to see the iconic, classic battles of strength to prove whose favorite superhero is stronger than the other. But Widow? Biggest mismatch of the century.
4) Marvel Studios knows better than to try to have one of their heroes beat up on a girl. Especially when that girl is another superhero. Hulk would look like a total cad.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #355
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
She has her Widow Gaunlets in the film, plus in the comics guns are far more dangerous than her Widow Gauntlets.
ya but they work?

Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #356
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
ya but they work?
You can clearly see them powering up in that team shot. And someone recently posted a promo pic of the whole team and it shows widow aiming the wrist guns!!! i am happy they haven't revealed her actually shooting them yet.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #357
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I wonder will there be any scenes of Natasha getting dressed like in Iron Man 2..

Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #358
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Really? I think Hathaway looks absolutely stunning.

That pic Dark Raven posted of both of these beauties just got right clicked and saved.
Really?!?!?

Wow. I find she looks creepy and ugly.

When she smiles I think she's playing the Cheshire Catwoman.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #359
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Exactly.
I just don't think, under *any* circumstances, would Hulk willingly attack Black Widow. I say that partly because of the Banner-Natasha relationship that may have been rumored (or that I'm misreading, but w/e), but mainly because it makes no sense for him to attack her.

1) Hulk is *not* a wild, out-of-control beast. He still can differentiate between good and evil --- perhaps easier than the rest of us who tend to see things in shades of grey --- and only attacks people who are trying to hurt him, or who are trying to hurt innocents. Unless Widow stupidly tries to attack Hulk, he has no reason to strike her. And there's no indication she's attacking him.
2) The enemy in this scene is Loki, and most likely Hawkeye, who is evidently his unwitting pawn. Hulk has *reason* to attack them, not to attack Widow, who is his ally.
3) Nobody wants to see a Hulk vs. Black Widow battle. Hulk vs. Thor, yeah; Hulk vs. Iron Man, sure. We want to see the iconic, classic battles of strength to prove whose favorite superhero is stronger than the other. But Widow? Biggest mismatch of the century.
4) Marvel Studios knows better than to try to have one of their heroes beat up on a girl. Especially when that girl is another superhero. Hulk would look like a total cad.

Agreed on all points.

Something to consider though. The footage from San Diego comic-con with BLACK WIDOW and BRUCE BANNER in India suggested she got really scared when he got angry and the trailer shows her looking really scared possibly when seeing him transform. I wonder if an aspect of her character in this movie is that she is afraid of THE HULK and she has an arc involving overcoming that fear. I'm probably reaching here but I guess we'll see.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #360
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Really?!?!?

Wow. I find she looks creepy and ugly.

When she smiles I think she's playing the Cheshire Catwoman.
I'm pretty much with you on that; I've never really understood the adjulation that she gets from some quarters in terms of looks. Always struck me as kind of goofy looking and similar to that of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs because of that mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some photos were she looks ok; but none so much that's made me 'gush' about her.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #361
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
I'm pretty much with you on that; I've never really understood the adjulation that she gets from some quarters in terms of looks. Always struck me as kind of goofy looking and similar to that of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs because of that mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some photos were she looks ok; but none so much that's made me 'gush' about her.
I think she is a bit overrated. But it looks like she will pull off the role...cat ear goggles aside. I also believe that just like avenger fans, people at first will complain and then come to accept and even state things like " she is perfect for the role" . This i believe is the mentality that ——— can do know wrong. Admittedly, i do this as well regarding whedon.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #362
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Dont get me wrong - I think she's a talented actress for the record and she'll no doubt nail it. It's just whenever I read someting like ''OMG - she's just soooo beautiful'', I kinda think ''Erm, no......''

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #363
JeanVitchier
Plumber

Having seen the last trailer, I can't seem to stop fantasizing about ScarJo in character, aka Black Widow. Hope that she freakin' rocks in this movie! And that the Hulk is smitten by her, she'll be like Betty to Hulk.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #364
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Agreed on all points.

Something to consider though. The footage from San Diego comic-con with BLACK WIDOW and BRUCE BANNER in India suggested she got really scared when he got angry and the trailer shows her looking really scared possibly when seeing him transform. I wonder if an aspect of her character in this movie is that she is afraid of THE HULK and she has an arc involving overcoming that fear. I'm probably reaching here but I guess we'll see.

I'm sure watching Banner Hulk out is terrifying to any normal red-blooded human being. But Widow is a top SHIELD agent, and a hand-picked Avenger to boot, so she shouldn't pussy out at the sight of the Hulk or any other monster or super or whatever. Also, the webcomic prequel series and Widow's own lines to Banner in the NYCC scene indicate that they've been watching Hulk carefully for at least two years, even protecting him in some cases. So it's not likely that she's never seen a Hulk-out before.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #365
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
IMO Scarlet Johansson is so much better looking than Anne Hathaway.

No offense to Dark Raven, but that avy creeps the hell out of me. The thought of Hathaway disrobing in front of me shrivels every part of my anatomy.

Brrrrrrrr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Really? I think Hathaway looks absolutely stunning.

That pic Dark Raven posted of both of these beauties just got right clicked and saved.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Anne Hathaway and imo she's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Plus, she has the acting chops (like ScarJo does) to back up her beauty, as well.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #366
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Anne Hathaway and imo she's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Plus, she has the acting chops (like ScarJo does) to back up her beauty, as well.
Yep. I'll never understand some of the hate Hathaway gets. She's gorgeous, her acting chops are top-tier and she's incredibly down-to-earth (like Tom Hardy, Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Gary Oldman). Anne's personality (and her curvy body ) is what makes her so attractive to me.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."

Last edited by DoomsdayApex; 03-04-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #367
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Yep. I'll never understand some of the hate Hathaway gets. She's gorgeous, her acting chops are top-tier and she's incredibly down-to-earth (like Tom Hardy, Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Gary Oldman). Anne's personality (and her curvy body ) is what makes her so attractive to me.
Plus, unlike Jessica Alba she has no problem baring it all on the screen, even though she started her fame from such family-friendly films like The Princess Diaries. Gonna love a woman who values her craft like that.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #368
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Since when did Anne Hathaway become "curvy"?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #369
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Plus, unlike Jessica Alba she has no problem baring it all on the screen, even though she started her fame from such family-friendly films like The Princess Diaries. Gonna love a woman who values her craft like that.
I couldn't agree more. She's dedicated to her roles, and she made a quantum leap in such a short time. Anne could have played it safe but she took more mature and darker roles.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #370
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Anne Hathaway is hot as hell, to put it bluntly.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #371
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Since when did Anne Hathaway become "curvy"?
There has always been a misconception when arriving to Hathaway's body. The Selina Kyle thread is proof that Anne does indeed possess a body, especially in her younger days before becoming a vegetarian.

She only appears so much thinner recently due to the rigorous training she underwent for the Catwoman role.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #372
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
IMO Scarlet Johansson is so much better looking than Anne Hathaway.

No offense to Dark Raven, but that avy creeps the hell out of me. The thought of Hathaway disrobing in front of me shrivels every part of my anatomy.

Brrrrrrrr.
Good. Just because you don't like it, I'm going to keep it up there longer than I was planning.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #373
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
She was great in Lost in Translation and Match Point. But she can be hit-or-miss. She was pretty wooden in The Other Boleyn Girl and seemed uncomfortable in Scoop (which was odd considering it was her reteaming with Woody, but they made up for it with Vicky, Christina, Barcelona).

Most fans know her solely for The Island and IM2, but she had absolutely nothing to do in those scripts, so I don't blame her blank performances. She was there to look good and nothing else, though in IM2 she at least had a very slick action scene that Faves gave a little more style than usual too. Hopefully, TA will be her finally showing in a blockbuster how great she has been in her indies over the years.
Actually, first time I remember her was in The Horse Whisperer. She's was decent in that movie, and I really felt bad for her character.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #374
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

...I wonder what her movie origin is.. clearly she's not any kind of 70+ year old ex-Soviet super solder agent.. and so... (perhaps her mother or father was, hmm, maybe dad was the Red Guardian during the Cold War era)..

Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #375
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I agree completely. She was my first crush (from Labyrinth) but she did get anorexic looking in the last 10 years or so. Seems many actresses do for some reason.
Mine too (along with Kari Wuhrer)

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I don't know actresses tend to starve their bodies when they reach their mid-thirties.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread