Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Default Re: Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Dat Ass. Nuff Said.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #752
Havok83
Side-Kick

I was VERY impressed with her here especially considering I didnt care for her in IM2. I had my doubts with her as the only female Avenger and the with no powers, but she did better than expected.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #753
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I was kinda of disappointed. True, she was better then IM2, but I found myself crushing much more on Hill, who even with her small role looked far more capable and looked quite nice.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #754
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I was kinda of disappointed. True, she was better then IM2, but I found myself crushing much more on Hill, who even with her small role looked far more capable and looked quite nice.
Well, Cobie *is* gorgeous, but honesty both women are fantastic.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #755
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olan View Post
Did I miss BW using her stingers?

ScarJo was fab
She used then during hand-to-hand combat with the Chitauri. Her wrist lit up blue when she fired them several times, usually very close or in contact with the enemy soldiers.

The Black Widow's action scenes in the movie should silence all those idiots on YouTube and elsewhere who continually whiled that she and her "little guns" were useless in a battle. She kicked ass big time despite not having super powers. In fact, Natasha's lack of enhanced abilities makes her accomplishments that much more impressive.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #756
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Cobie *is* gorgeous, but honesty both women are fantastic.
It wasn't just their looks, thought as you say both woman are quite gorgeous. It is how they carry themselves. Hill actual felt military. And Scarlett just doesn't have the frame or athleticism to pull off the warrior woman in a serious manner.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #757
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
She was definitely one of my favorite parts of the movie. Incredibly well developed and Scarlett did a terrific job.
I think the faith quite a few of us had in Whedon's handling of female characters was rewarded. I loved her pluckiness even though you could see she was tiring before she got on the chariot thing.

She had good scenes with Banner, Loki, Cap and Hawkeye, all of which fleshed the character out.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #758
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

She was fleshed out and it made her appearance in Iron man 2 look like a complete joke.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #759
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
She was fleshed out and it made her appearance in Iron man 2 look like a complete joke.
This proves that a good writer & script make a huge difference. It would be nice if Whedon can write (almost) all the screenplays for MCU from now on, although that would probably drive him nuts lol.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #760
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
By comparison, yes. And it pains me to say that because I liked her in IM2, and I think IM2 is a very underrated movie, even if it's not as good as the first film.

But yeah, seeing what Joss did with her. I think that shows his strength as a film maker/story teller compared to Favreau.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #761
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The thing with BW in IM2 is that I think she wasn't fleshed out because they wanted her to maintain a somewhat mysterious background that would get filled in latter films.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #762
Mars452
Side-Kick

Quote:
It wasn't just their looks, thought as you say both woman are quite gorgeous. It is how they carry themselves. Hill actual felt military. And Scarlett just doesn't have the frame or athleticism to pull off the warrior woman in a serious manner.
Precisely this. Cobie carried herself in a way that suggested her character had power, conviction, and authority. Scarlett did not, and also does not look like she has the physicality to be able to pull the kinds of martial arts moves that Black Widow does.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #763
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

The problem with BW in IM2 is that her character dependent on her relationship with Pepper, which was all but cut and done away with.

She should of been the better, more efficient Pepper, who didn't question Tony. She should of been getting in between Tony and Pepper and Pepper's reaction should of been an main point of contention.

They shouldn't of been worried about BW being unlikable, but played up the idea of her simply doing her job.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #764
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars452 View Post
Precisely this. Cobie carried herself in a way that suggested her character had power, conviction, and authority. Scarlett did not, and also does not look like she has the physicality to be able to pull the kinds of martial arts moves that Black Widow does.
Johansson is a little bigger and somewhat unathletic than what I'd really want in someone playing BW (as I'm kind of going off her looks and moves from the comics) but she has moments where it's not as noticeable.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #765
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Black Widow made a huge impact in this movie. I absolutely loved her. I fully support her getting her own movie, but hopefully done by Joss Whedon.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #766
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Her own movie? Nah, but I would love a Shield movie.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #767
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Quote:
Her own movie? Nah, but I would love a Shield movie.
Even better! I only said what I said cause of some interview where ScarJo said she'd want to do a solo film. Before seeing the Avengers I thought "No way" but now, I'd support the notion.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 05-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #768
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Scarlett was awesome in this movie. I didn't like her at all in Iron Man 2, but I think that was because they didn't give her anything to do. Here she was used perfectly. That interrogation scene with Black Widow and Loki was flat-out one of the best parts of the movie. They were both SO good in that scene it was insane.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #769
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I loved how Black Widow just kept sneaking up on people. That must be really annoying when you're on the helicarrier and suddenly BAM she's right there. It's like, put a damn cat bell on her!

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 05-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #770
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

I was happy Widow's part turned out well. She felt like the odd one in the group to me. Should've known better with Whedon's track record with female characters.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #771
iJackSparrow
Banned User

So far we had sci-fi, fantasy and adventure movies coming from Marvel. I'd ****ing LOVE a Black Widow superespionage thriller. Black Widow has a track record of getting sexually involved with a lot of Marvel characters: Tony Stark, Matt Murdock, Clint Burton and Bucky Barnes. I'd love to see her getting fleshed out in her own movie, much more than getting aan origin story. The origin should br secondary for her superespionage thriller spin off, what matters is having a really brilliant story for her.

I'd love to see a SHIELD movie as much as the next guy, but I find myself feeling that making a Black Widow movie could take Marvel to places where they haven't gone so far, with a smaller and more intimist scoop than a balls out SHIELD movie.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #772
Silvermoth
Avenger

I adored the Black Widow in this film. How fantastic it is that 2012 is the year of the ass kicking female!

One of the first things that tipped me off that Whedon 'got it' was when he had a scene where Natasha spoke Russian. Not in a Russian accent but actual Russian! Superb!

I would definetly be there for a Black Widow movie!

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #773
JeanVitchier
Plumber

In the scene when Natasha and Clint are talking in a room right after she snapped Clint out of Loki's mind spell, Clint noticed that she seemed different, and she looked scared and mentioned that she was compromised.

What happened to her? what does she mean by being compromised?

She also looked very upset when she interrogated Loki. Did Loki frightened her with something besides threatening her? I mean at the end of that scene it appeared that she was acting like she was upset only to manipulate Loki, but then later it appears that she was indeed upset.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #774
JeanVitchier
Plumber

I would also like to see a Marvel Black Widow stand-alone movie. It would be very interesting to see a high intensity spy action thriller with a our beautiful Avenger.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #775
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

My Black Widow Model is now finished and online!!

Visit http://mypaperheroes.blogspot.com to download and print it out (for free) so you can build her yourself!!

Have fun building!

Closed Thread