for the underwear lovers

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Remember what day it is today?
And that design was created by a poster here, and then updated for the sake of a Fan Art contest with Dorky Fresh.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #29
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
New Superman Costume Revealed?

Could this be the Man of Steel's costume in Zack Snyder's new take on the Superman? It is according to a report posted today over at the Superman Homepage.
Claimed to be designed by Spider-Man's James Acheson, Snyder is quoted as saying, "We felt that Superman needed to step away from the old circus strong man, red underwear on the outside, flowing cape design that was looking very dated by today's superhero movie standard. The design James [Acheson] created will once again put Superman at the forefront of superheroes worldwide."

Follow the link for more.

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/gallerypictures/27244L.jpg[/IMG]

I like it.
1 - no link
2 - that concept has been posted on this thread, amongst others on this forum and was done by the user 'jesusmagicka'

Old 04-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #30
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
New Superman Costume Revealed?

Could this be the Man of Steel's costume in Zack Snyder's new take on the Superman? It is according to a report posted today over at the Superman Homepage.
Claimed to be designed by Spider-Man's James Acheson, Snyder is quoted as saying, "We felt that Superman needed to step away from the old circus strong man, red underwear on the outside, flowing cape design that was looking very dated by today's superhero movie standard. The design James [Acheson] created will once again put Superman at the forefront of superheroes worldwide."

Follow the link for more.

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/gallerypictures/27244L.jpg[/IMG]

I like it.
Looks like baby pyjamas with attached feet! (NO offense to the designer.)

Old 04-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
Nathman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by strib View Post
As usual...I prefer that my image be left as I intend it. Thanks all...

Now THAT is more like it! The classic design but with a simple, modern twist. The only thing I would change as others have said is the shape of the red underwear, it's too angled. Oh and maybe the bottom of the boots, they look a bit sock like.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #32
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
@Ursa Yeah, that's an April Fools article :P

for the underwear lovers
This is sick, I've always wanted Superman wearing a suit that is in thick like material kind of like old school Hockey sweaters or George Reeves-esque...

Just beautiful, especially they way the perfected the muted but still strong colors.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
fanboiii
disciple of truth

@antsman41 Glad you like it! Yeah, I was definitely thinking the material had to be something Ma Kent could help make.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #34
superhey
Side-Kick

This look like a April fool or a test from the Zack Snyder's team! This costume looks like a Super Pitjama with a supergirl cape...HAHAHA!

And I don't like the hair, where's is the S curl?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
JAK®
Upstart

Well, we know it's a fake straight away because the person who drew it posts on these forums and has posted it before.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #36
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

lol that AF Superman design has the Spider-Man reboot Asics shoes.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #37
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

what's a pitjama?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #38
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhey View Post
This look like a April fool or a test from the Zack Snyder's team! This costume looks like a Super Pitjama with a supergirl cape...HAHAHA!

Aaaah, those magnificent Spiderman snickers!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
@antsman41 Glad you like it! Yeah, I was definitely thinking the material had to be something Ma Kent could help make.
I also love the 50's boxing boots...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #40
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

for the underwear lovers

Quote:

These are awesome! Thanks for adding the trunks fanboii. And Strib, your work is great as usual! Never a "quickie". I like that. My thing about it that keeps drawing my eye in the not so great way is, like the others, the trunks. But still amazing.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #41
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

...he has Spider-man's silver shoes on.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #42
Wheels
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
what's a pitjama?
Duh it's PJs for your armpit hair.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #43
Super Kal
Side-Kick

when superman homepage put that up... i almost forgot it was April 1st

Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #44
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
These are awesome! Thanks for adding the trunks fanboii. And Strib, your work is great as usual! Never a "quickie". I like that. My thing about it that keeps drawing my eye in the not so great way is, like the others, the trunks. But still amazing.
First off let me preface this by saying the manip itself is very professional, but the trunks and the belt are really bizzare and unpleasant imo.

The blue of the costume overlaps the trunks and other red areas, and from a functional standpoint I really see major problems, especially around the top of the leg where it protrudes out from the trunks. When he walks exactly what will that look like?? It's like giant blue fishing waders/boots and they'd likely look very strange. It's okay on Robocop and Iron Man, as they're wearing rigid armoured elements that don't lose their shape.

The legs overlap the boots in a similar fashion to the Star Trek Uniforms from Star Trek: T.O.S. A Fine look for that series, not so hot for Superman. The Torso part of the costume overlaps the trunks (eg not tucked in) again like the tunics of Star Trek Uniforms.

If I cover everything below the beltline the top half looks really quite good, but below the beltline It has (imo) serious issues in regards to the mechanics of how it works as he walks or moves. As usual though a beautiful manip from Strib.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #45
Eddie Nashton
Just some nut

Quote:

Is there a larger picture of the drawing. I actually kind of like it and wanted to use it as my desktop image.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #46
strib
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
First off let me preface this by saying the manip itself is very professional, but the trunks and the belt are really bizzare and unpleasant imo.

The blue of the costume overlaps the trunks and other red areas, and from a functional standpoint I really see major problems, especially around the top of the leg where it protrudes out from the trunks. When he walks exactly what will that look like?? It's like giant blue fishing waders/boots and they'd likely look very strange. It's okay on Robocop and Iron Man, as they're wearing rigid armoured elements that don't lose their shape.

The legs overlap the boots in a similar fashion to the Star Trek Uniforms from Star Trek: T.O.S. A Fine look for that series, not so hot for Superman. The Torso part of the costume overlaps the trunks (eg not tucked in) again like the tunics of Star Trek Uniforms.

If I cover everything below the beltline the top half looks really quite good, but below the beltline It has (imo) serious issues in regards to the mechanics of how it works as he walks or moves. As usual though a beautiful manip from Strib.
Hey, I respect your opinion...but I think you might be missing my point. These aren't separate pieces. It's a one-piece suit with various layers. The red layer is a single red body suit from the neck down to the toes. The blue layer covers the legs and the upper torso/arms (with the exception of the central portion of the chest...where the red is left exposed). Here, the yellow bits (usually the negative space) of the S are what is slightly 3D and raised. Perhaps I exaggerated the "blue-over-the-red" layer just too much. However, I was afraid the idea would be lost if I didn't. I'm not sure how you can extrapolate Star Trek and Robocop from this...but, maybe with my explanation you'll see it more clearly. You see, I really think the suit needs to have the same parts. However, I think it can be adjusted in a way that plays around with the standard conventions. So, here, he doesn't have underwear or trunks on the outside...or even boots for that matter. As for his physique and wearing this under clothing...well, you have to suspend disbelief somewhere. That's where I do.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #47
AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
Awesome design, but looks rubbery/armour-like like the Batman Begins suit which, to me, is completely wrong for Superman. He needs doesn't need protection from anything. And the random lines/seams drive me nuts. Not just here, but on any design that has them.

But things like the neck line, cape and cape attachment, colours, s-shield size and design, even the "trunks" are perfection.

I'd LOVE to see a no-rubber version!
Quote:

If Zack Snyder is going to have a modernize/Krypton tech. take of the new costume. I think this design is a pretty complete transformation from classic to modern. Now the existence of the trunks makes sense.

but I hope the movie will go for a classic version like what we have in comics. No rubber or paddings that making the costume thick like Batman's.. cos Bruce doesnt wear any costume/cape under his shirt.
and No-UNDIES or TRUNKS !! ( unless they have a good reason )

Old 04-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #48
tomoe
Side-Kick

That April Fool's one looks so horrible because those lines give him a woman's figure.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #49
Wilde
Side-Kick

Here is my new work in progress suit design:

Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #50
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:

This is by far one of the best pics out there, but what I don't get is the weird notches on the undies that come from the belt loops, and the obvious external nature of the blue pants... It looks like armor or something molded, and that bugs me...

Kudos to your \S/ shield though, that's tits as far as I've seen