The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Default Re: Does the new trilogy add depth to the Old Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Heh, we'll see.

I think they also said it takes liberties here and there with all of the previous films.
Yes, it does. That doesn't make it a reboot though.

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #27
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
only cool??

I think they would be the best movies of the whole franchise, and two of the best superhero movies of the whole time.

not a fan perspective.
I agree. They can bring Cyclops back. Retconning everything that happened in X3 is possible to where it makes sense.

Id say scrap the next wolverine movie and pile all the money into an X4.

Jackman and Stewart would be game for another, Marsden once said he would do it for free, who cares about Halle, replace her ass. They could get Anna back for rogue, get her in some action, shes a big girl now! shed be an AMAZING traditional rogue! Then we got Ian McKellen, Im not sure if he'd still want to do an X-men, So id say continue without Magneto.

They can get everyone back and form an actual fleshed out, developed X-team, instead of the thrown together ass-garbage we got in X3. Lets actually get some character development out of Colossus!

Bring on Apocalypse, the end all be all Villian, go out with a bang, like X3 was SUPPOSE to. Im sure people will be forgiving if Singer is back, and is able to freely make his vision. Im glad we're getting first class... as much as I hate fox and wish they didn't have the X property, I hope first class does REALLY REALLY well, so we can get more singer/vaughn involvement along with giving them more time/freedom and such.

Then we can get a sequel to First Class that mimics what X2 was to X-men 1!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Lets hope this all comes to pass, I for one am amazed and grateful Singer has come back to this franchise, and the invovlement of Vaughn as well just gives me more excitement, really hope this movie is as amazing as it looks and we can get more awesome X-Movies.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #29
Angamb
Banned User

Bryan has said he likes to produces movies too, but Im sure he really wants to direct a new x-men movie, but it seems he doesnt want to say how excited he is.

But if he has came back to Fox and wrote the story of First Class, and was going to direct it, he really wants it.

So lets hope Fox sign him for X4, not for a First Class sequel. Im sure Fox will sign Matthew again for the sequel, so Singer will have to wait for the big proyect some more time.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer's latest Interview has me thinking they may be reconning certain things from Last Stand(The entire opening scene of still walking Xavier and Magneto finding
Young Jean grey,Moira Mactaggert) Instead of outright Ignoring It like WOlverine.Although we may not know for sure 100 percent till at least we see First Class
class or untill the time comes for X4 or the First Class sequel.

The first Class actors are signed for 2 more films.If It goes to trilogy we may not see the opening of the school and teenage Cyclops and Jean Grey till third film If second class Is set In the 70's and then last chaper set In 80's.Magneto might not be In Second class.They might hold off using him and early version of brotherhood till third and final part of trilogy.Mystique also might be missing from second film If she leaves with Magneto at end of First Class and If the bried shot of Magneto In costune from behind shows him rescuring Emma Frost she might also not be used till third film.Second film could be more of Xavier and protype X-men team VS Shaw

With Wolverine being Ignored they have opotion of using Gambit and Blob In a first CLass sequel or X4.

If second class were to be set In 1970's the problem they would have as a Prequel Is In that timeframe they would mostly be Limited to characters from First Class and newer characters.And If they decede to hold off on using Magneto,Mystique,and Emma Frost
again till final part of trilogy theat further puts limitians on them.And could they get away
with doing 2 films before getting to peroid and characters fans want to see.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bryan has said he likes to produces movies too, but Im sure he really wants to direct a new x-men movie, but it seems he doesnt want to say how excited he is.

But if he has came back to Fox and wrote the story of First Class, and was going to direct it, he really wants it.

So lets hope Fox sign him for X4, not for a First Class sequel. Im sure Fox will sign Matthew again for the sequel, so Singer will have to wait for the big proyect some more time.
My bet Is It Is bryan Singer who came up with the outline that was pitched
to Fox and that has put X4 In Devolpment.

My feeling Is he will likely produce the First Class trilogy and that Matthew Vaughn IS likely to direct.I am very curicous to hear more during the First Class promation what Is being planned for future.Does X4 change the plans for First Class trilogy.Will they try to do both?

When we see the next team film will be determented by when exactly are
The Wolverine and X-Men Originseadpool targeted for release.Deadpool has director.Lauren Shuller Donner has hinted at 2012 filming for deadpool.Hugh
Jackman has said they are looking at starting up The Wolverine filming In October after they find a new director.If X4 goes forward as next team film after First Class when The Wolverine Is done could affect that as Hugh will likely want a break between doing Wolverine after finishing The WOlverine especilly If they do X4 and X5 as back to back productions.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #32
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The first Class actors are signed for 2 more films.If It goes to trilogy we may not see the opening of the school and teenage Cyclops and Jean Grey till third film If second class Is set In the 70's and then last chaper set In 80's.Magneto might not be In Second class.They might hold off using him and early version of brotherhood till third and final part of trilogy.Mystique also might be missing from second film If she leaves with Magneto at end of First Class and If the bried shot of Magneto In costune from behind shows him rescuring Emma Frost she might also not be used till third film.Second film could be more of Xavier and protype X-men team VS Shaw

If second class were to be set In 1970's the problem they would have as a Prequel Is In that timeframe they would mostly be Limited to characters from First Class and newer characters.And If they decede to hold off on using Magneto,Mystique,and Emma Frost
again till final part of trilogy theat further puts limitians on them.And could they get away
with doing 2 films before getting to peroid and characters fans want to see.
do you really think Fox wont use Michael, Jennifer and January for the sequel??

They signed these actors because they want to keep them and their characters, so if they do two more sequels, they will be there again.

Its like signing Halle, Anna Paquin and co. for X1, and forgeting about them on X2.

Fox want a new trilogy, so they will use the main stars of this prequel all they can.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Creativly they might not want to use the first version of the Brotherhood till they get
to point Xavier opens school and we get teenage versions of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

Of course an easy way to Include them all would be to jump to the 1980's for Second class.

Doing second Class set In 1970's with early version of Brotherhood or Xavier opening school then Is bound to get a whole lot of hell on boards.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #34
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Really...another continuity thread?

This movie along with X1 and X2 makes a trilogy. X3 and Wolverine can go off and be in their own little club for all I care.

Also...don't mistake easter eggs for continuity.
This.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
docdoc
Side-Kick

Quote:

i rekcon it's the best way, yet we once excited about how Sam Raimi making another new spidey trilogy until things went wayyy wrong, some how i have a feeling that things with FOX is even more unstable than SONY....X4 is always little bit more impossible than Spider-man 4 to me.

docdoc is offline   Reply With Quote