4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand by Jee-woon Kim (Bittersweet Life)?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
"The Last Stand" doesn't even nearly as much action, judging from the script alone.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #27
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand by Jee-woon Kim (Bittersweet Life)?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
"The Last Stand" doesn't even nearly as much action, judging from the script alone.
So you've heard the script sucks, but know for a fact it doesn't have as much action as Commando, which few action films do.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

I haven't heard that the script sucked, but I heard it's rather average and doesn't really feature Arnold in most of the action scenes. And that would not be good at all.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #29
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Arnold Schwarzenegger Making His 'Last Stand' In January, 2013

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Bit of a long wait for some Arnie action, although surely he'll have a cameo in Expendables 2.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #31
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

January has become the haven for R rated action movies.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #32
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Stone Cold Steve Austin in!

Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #33
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #34
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

That's the exact same expression I had when I realised Steve Austin and Jee Woon Kim would make a film together.

According to some guy on IMDb, this might be Austin's role.

Quote:
But there's a character named Lewis Dinkum, who's a reclusive, paranoid, and fiercely independent guy who lives by himself in Sommerton Junction. He has been hoarding stockpiles of weapons in his house for years. Lewis is a believer in nearly every conspiracy theory he has read on the internet, and he is determined to make sure that he can protect himself in the event of an alien invasion. That when the town is on the verge of being overrun by gangs, Sheriff Owens convinces Lewis to allow the local police officers to borrow all of his machine guns. In return, Sheriff Owens makes Lewis an official deputy.

Last edited by dude love; 08-26-2011 at 11:47 PM.
dude love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
Project862006
Banned User

Exclusive: Rodrigo Santoro in talks to join THE LAST STAND!

Quote:
Rodrigo Santoro, best known for his role as Xerses in 300 is in talks to join Arnold Schrwarzenegger's comeback vehicle THE LAST STAND.

The Last Stand is about a Drug Cartel leader who busts out of a courthouse and speeds toward the Mexican border----and the only thing standing in his path is a sheriff and his rookie staff.

Santoro's role would be FRANK MARTINEZ one of the cops on the rookie staff.

According to a casting breakdown, Frank Martinez is described as Latino, 20s - 30s. An outgoing, laid-back, and personable man who also works as a police officer in Sommerton Junction under Sheriff Ray Owens. He is reliable but likes to occasionally cut loose and party when he has the chance. Frank is good buddies with his fellow officer Jerry. The two of them enjoy hunting together on weekends. Frank soon encounters the worst problem his town has ever had when violent gangs with ties to a drug cartel begin rampaging through the town.

Scheduled to go into production next month, the script was written by Andrew Knauer and Jeffrey Nachmanoff, with current revisions being done by George Nolfi.

It will be directed by Jee-woon Kim.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...st-stand-14874

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #36
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Awesome!

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #37
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Good casting in this film so far. Very eclectic and mixed.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #38
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

I think it's a good role for Arnold. He can't do a full on 1 man army action pic anymore.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #39
Dark Carnage
Leo Zeppelin

A minute ago, I didn't even know about this movie.

Now I really, really want Austin as Lewis.

George Carlin is dead, and still better than you.

A forgotten foe has returned. - Spider-Man: Unacceptable
Dark Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #40
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
BAH GAWD KING!!!! this movie is sounding better by the minute.

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #41
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Anyone who watched wrestling in 2001 should know that Steve Austin will be an awesome conspiracy nut!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #42
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

Santoro is confirmed according to The Hollywood Reporter as a "party-loving officer."

I'll just throw out the obvious: He's most likely involved with the escape of the cartel leader. Besides the ethnicity casting (Hollywood is unoriginal with this) it's going to be the party guy who we are "shocked" to learn is their man on the inside.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #43
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I'm interested to see who they get to play the villain team now. Peter Stormare is a great start.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #44
protocida
Side-Kick

The Plot.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A drug dealer called Gabriel Cortez Smith is captured in Las Vegas by FBI agent John Bannister and moved to another area of the town for trial. However, his men ambush the convoy, and Smith escapes on a modified race car, the Gumpert Apollo, heading to the Mexican border on 177mph.

The FBI attempts to stop Smith, but his car is faster than anything they have, and his men are sabotaging every attempt to stop him. Eventually, Bannister realizes that the only thing between Smith and the border is Sommerton Junction, a small town near the border. He contacts Sheriff Ray Owens (Arnold Schwarzenegger), a former member of the LAPD that left for Sommerton Junction after his partner was crippled and he was shot three times by a gang member.

Owens and his deputies, Frank Martinez (Rodrigo Santoro) and Jerry Bailey (Zach Gilford), are asked to stop Smith before he enters Mexico, at which point the FBI won't be able to extraditate him. Owens initially refuses, claiming that Smith is the FBI's problem, but changes his mind when Smith hires ex-soldier turned mercenary Burrell (Peter Stormare) and his men to kill all the cops in Sommerton Junction. Infuriated over the murders of their friends, Owens, Martinez and Bailey join forces with Sarah Torrance (Jaimie Alexander), Martinez' girlfriend; and Lewis Dinkun (Steve Austin), a conspiracy theorist who lives nearby and own a large cache of weapons; and they set off to confront Burrell and his men in order to stop Smith before it's too late.

Last edited by protocida; 10-08-2011 at 09:59 PM.
protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #45
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

http://collider.com/forest-whitaker-...-stand/120919/

Quote:
Forest Whitaker and Johnny Knoxville Join Arnold Schwarzenegger in THE LAST STAND
Knoxville? Eh.

Quote:
(THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND), Luis Guzman (CARLITO’S WAY, BOOGIE NIGHTS), Rodrigo Santoro (CHE, I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS), Johnny Knoxville (The JACKASS films), Jaimie Alexander (THOR), Eduardo Noriega (OPEN YOUR EYES), Peter Stormare (FARGO, THE BIG LEBOWSKI) and Harry Dean Stanton (AILIEN, THE GREEN MILE).

Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #46
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

That's a pretty ace cast!

I love that Jacinto from The Devil's Backbone, a deep, chilling, sad portrayal, of a villain who became a villain due to tragic circumstances, is gonna get shot dead by Schwarzenegger where no such pontificating will occur.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #47
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'm thinking Whitaker is the FBI Agent based on the plot.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #48
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Whitaker and Knoxville?

hmm...i like how the cast is building up. could be a surprisingly good/entertaining movie.

GREEN =w= DAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #49
Kane52630
Nightcall User

I like Knoxville, he's actually a fine actor in my books.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #50
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Where's Austin?...

Van Petrol is offline   Reply With Quote