The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #951
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
This whole conflict has gone back years. It isnt about who fired first this time. Isreal has been illegally expanding for years. Knowing full well it further intensifies an already fragile situation. The UN gave Palestine a bump towards statehood and what is Isreal now doing? They are planning more expansion. Its like they are purposefully trying to get attacked. Stop expanding.
Sadly, it's not even about land anymore. There is so much MUTUAL racial hatred that no matter what anyone does...the violence will never stop. We are talking about countless generations of racial hatred.

__________________
You are not as important as you think you are.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #952
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Sadly, it's not even about land anymore. There is so much MUTUAL racial hatred that no matter what anyone does...the violence will never stop. We are talking about countless generations of racial hatred.
Well they only have each other to blame for that. Killing each other over some land and gods. They have the power to have peace if they would just open their eyes and realize that what they are doing is incredibly stupid. Bunch of schoolyard children fighting over who's daddy can kick the other daddy's butt.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #953
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Well they only have each other to blame for that. Killing each other over some land and gods. They have the power to have peace if they would just open their eyes and realize that what they are doing is incredibly stupid. Bunch of schoolyard children fighting over who's daddy can kick the other daddy's butt.
That's EXACTLY what it is...and why we should just stay out of it and let them duke it out. But of course we won't because we want the resources.

__________________
You are not as important as you think you are.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #954
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 56,976
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
That's EXACTLY what it is...and why we should just stay out of it and let them duke it out. But of course we won't because we want the resources.
What resources? Israel's economy is based almost totally on secondary and tertiary activities, meaning they have little if any actual resources within their border. They buy the resources of others and make them into useful products...they are not a resource rich country.

__________________
"Those who can, do...Those who can do more, teach."
Kelly is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #955
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
What resources? Israel's economy is based almost totally on secondary and tertiary activities, meaning they have little if any actual resources within their border. They buy the resources of others and make them into useful products...they are not a resource rich country.
Good point. Let em burn!

Seriously tho Israel pours money into Washington and the Middle east is an oil pot at the moment so there are resources we take advantage of. Personally, I think we should just blockade the whole region cut off all supplies, including medical, and see if their god helps. Kind of like in the bible when they went up on the mountain-top to prove who's god was real. When they are starving to death and dying of hangnail infections and lack of medical supplies maybe they will wake the **** up and realize there is more important things than fighting over gods and land. It may seem harsh, but sometimes it takes the rod over the carrot and these people need the mother****ing ass beating to end all ass beatings.


Last edited by Marvolo; 01-01-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #956
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Good point. Let em burn!

Seriously tho Israel pours money into Washington and the Middle east is an oil pot at the moment so there are resources we take advantage of. Personally, I think we should just blockade the whole region cut off all supplies, including medical, and see if their god helps. Kind of like in the bible when they went up on the mountain-top to prove who's god was real. When they are starving to death and dying of hangnail infections and lack of medical supplies maybe they will wake the **** up and realize there is more important things than fighting over gods and land. It may seem harsh, but sometimes it takes the rod over the carrot and these people need the mother****ing ass beating to end all ass beatings.
And so then what makes us any better than the terrorists that attacked New York?

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #957
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
What resources? Israel's economy is based almost totally on secondary and tertiary activities, meaning they have little if any actual resources within their border. They buy the resources of others and make them into useful products...they are not a resource rich country.
Not every resource is a natural one Whatever gets us money. We never do anything for a foreign country unless we get something out of it. It's not like the US is trying to hide that they want the middle east.

__________________
You are not as important as you think you are.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #958
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,080
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Speaking of getting something out of it.

Ex-Abu Ghraib inmates get $5m settlement from US firm

The Engility settlement marks the first successful effort by lawyers for former Iraqi prisoners against defence contractors in lawsuits alleging torture.

A lawyer for the ex-detainees, Baher Azmy told the BBC's Newsday programme that each of the 71 Iraqis received a portion of the settlement for suffering "a vast and grim arsenal of torture and abuse".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20953889

--

The Afghan victims, who were the guinea pigs to this torture, didn't receive 1% of this.

Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #959
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Two countries not being smart.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...islands-2013-1

Don't drag us into this...

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #960
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,733
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

China and Japan will one day start a world war. Might not be World War III. But it's going to be an epic showdown, a thousand years in the making.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #961
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,080
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
China and Japan will one day start a world war. Might not be World War III. But it's going to be an epic showdown, a thousand years in the making.
Don't forget Korea, they will unite again one day and challenge both for supremacy.

Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #962
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
China and Japan will one day start a world war. Might not be World War III. But it's going to be an epic showdown, a thousand years in the making.
More like China and the US. We are Japan's military defense so if China goes to war with them they essentially go to war with us. With the US military brass talking of shifting our presence from the Middle East to the Pacific because of NKorea firing that satellite into space and this going on I have no doubt we are looking at a Pacific theater for our next military engagement.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-13-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #963
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
More like China and the US. We are Japan's military defense so if China goes to war with them they essentially go to war with us. With the US military brass talking of shifting our presence from the Middle East to the Pacific because of NKorea firing that satellite into space and this going on I have no doubt we are looking at a Pacific theater for our next military engagement.
In theory, this sounds like one hell of a way to start a monetary collapse here in the USA. China owns over a Trillion of our debt. We buy lots of stuff made in China. We are basically bankrupt and have a nearly worthless dollar. I don't think we could defeat China/North Korea without going bankrupt.

If China and Japan want to duke it out, go for it bro. Leave us out of it.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #964
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
In theory, this sounds like one hell of a way to start a monetary collapse here in the USA. China owns over a Trillion of our debt. We buy lots of stuff made in China. We are basically bankrupt and have a nearly worthless dollar. I don't think we could defeat China/North Korea without going bankrupt.

If China and Japan want to duke it out, go for it bro. Leave us out of it.
We cant stay out of it. We have major military bases in Japan one of which is a Marine base. And then there is this:
Quote:
all of this is taking place close to the U.S. Consulate and a contingent of several thousand U.S. Marines whose former commanding general told Time in 2010: "All of my Marines on Okinawa are willing to die if it is necessary for the security of Japan."
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2Hvs4NFTa

If China invades Japan our Marines will defend Japan alongside the Japanese. The only way this will change is if we pull out all military bases, military personnel, and close the consulate because sure as hell China will end up attacking one of them and we wont be able to resist striking back. It will be the most costly war in US history and will most likely break us unless we can defeat China and our debt is wiped as a part of their surrender and we force them into some kind of trade agreement that greatly benefits us for the next century.

And then there is the nukes. China would launch most likely and NKorea would as well if they were capable. They would also use the geopolitical turmoil to have a go at SKorea. Russia would most likely side with China unless we could really line their pockets or if China posed an invasion threat to Russia otherwise we would be looking at a Russia with nukes aimed at us. I personally dont think it would be a war we could win without losing a LOT. A part of our soul included. We couldnt logistically invade China so we would employee drones and possibly nukes leading to major civilian casualties in China.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-14-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #965
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
We cant stay out of it. We have major military bases in Japan one of which is a Marine base. And then there is this:


Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china...#ixzz2Hvs4NFTa

If China invades Japan our Marines will defend Japan alongside the Japanese. The only way this will change is if we pull out all military bases, military personnel, and close the consulate because sure as hell China will end up attacking one of them and we wont be able to resist striking back. It will be the most costly war in US history and will most likely break us unless we can defeat China and our debt is wiped as a part of their surrender and we force them into some kind of trade agreement that greatly benefits us for the next century.

And then there is the nukes. China would launch most likely and NKorea would as well if they were capable. They would also use the geopolitical turmoil to have a go at SKorea. Russia would most likely side with China unless we could really line their pockets or if Chona posed an invasion threat to Russia otherwise we wpuld be looking at a Russia with nukes aimed us. I personally dont think it would be a war we could win without losing a LOT. Nuclear war would be a definite possibility.
I might get flack from this, but I honestly can't see us winning against China or say, Russia. I have nothing against those people from said countries, not a fan of the Chinese Govt though...um, I don't want war period.

But let's say a war breaks out...how would this effect 2016 elections here? Would a 3rd party make a bit of noise? Cause overall Americans are tired of war. I'm tired of it. I'm 25 years old, all I know is my country has been in war most of my life. And it has resulted in us on the verge of a monetary collapse and loss of our civil liberties.

EDIT-- Oh boy...China, Russia nukes...******, I live next to the largest Marine Air Station on the East Coast, MCAS Cherry Point. If a war did break out...well, if I had the means, I would retreat to Charlotte, NC, 5 hours away.

__________________


Last edited by enterthemadness; 01-14-2013 at 01:42 AM.
enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #966
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
I might get flack from this, but I honestly can't see us winning against China or say, Russia. I have nothing against those people from said countries, not a fan of the Chinese Govt though...um, I don't want war period.

But let's say a war breaks out...how would this effect 2016 elections here? Would a 3rd party make a bit of noise? Cause overall Americans are tired of war. I'm tired of it. I'm 25 years old, all I know is my country has been in war most of my life. And it has resulted in us on the verge of a monetary collapse and loss of our civil liberties.

EDIT-- Oh boy...China, Russia nukes...******, I live next to the largest Marine Air Station on the East Coast, MCAS Cherry Point. If a war did break out...well, if I had the means, I would retreat to Charlotte, NC, 5 hours away.
Fellow NC here but I can retreat to the hills if need be.

The thing is we cant afford to not get involved. Part of Japan's surrender in WW2 and our current "friendship" today is that they disbanded most of their military and we became their bodyguard. We have an obligation to their well being. So there is that. There is also the fact that the geopolitical situation will quickly deteriorate. China would be attacking Japan, NKorea would be after SKorea, both China and NKorea would get brave and set sights on the whole Pacific including probably Australia. China will get brave if we dont step into the fight and at least make them nervous. It would hurt us just as much if we didnt fight alongside Japan. We cant afford a Chinese controllled Pacific. They are already beginning to eclipse us economically, their foot soldiers are 300 million (could be wrong on that number), china is already expected to be a major world power in this century, Russia would take advantage destabilizing Eastern Europe, the EU would slide further into economic failure, and the worldwide economy and political situation would deteriorate. This isnt like the Middle East where the enemy cant do much beyond the region. This is a military force and country that could do lots of damage. We are obligated to ensure this doesnt happen. The worst part is that we wasted ten years and trillions on two useless wars and here is a war we should fight but we are worn out. Maybe this will make our government think more long term.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-14-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #967
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Fellow NC here but I can retreat to the hills if need be.

The thing is we cant afford to not get involved. Part of Japan's surrender in WW2 and our current "friendship" today is that they disbanded most of their military and we became their bodyguard. We have an obligation to their well being. So there is that. There is also the fact that the geopolitical situation will quickly deteriorate. China would be attacking Japan, NKorea would be after SKorea, both China and NKorea would get brave and set sights on the whole Pacific including probably Australia. China will get brave if we dont step into the fight and at least make them nervous. It would hurt us just as much if we didnt fight alongside Japan. We cant afford a Chinese controllled Pacific. They are already beginning to eclipse us economically, their foot soldiers are 300 million (could be wrong on that number), china is already expected to be a major world power in this century, Russia would take advantage destabilizing Eastern Europe, the EU would slide further into economic failure, and the worldwide economy and political situation would deteriorate. This isnt like the Middle East where the enemy cant do much beyond the region. This is a military force and country that could do lots of damage. We are obligated to ensure this doesnt happen. The worst part is that we wasted ten years and trillions on two useless wars and here is a war we should fight but we are worn out. Maybe this will make our government think more long term.
So basically, we are damned if we do, damned if we don't? So, if knuckle head #1 (China) and knuckle head #2 (Japan) went to war, we would have to fight alongside Japan ''at least'' via our bases on their soil...Then you got the Russians...most likely gonna be BFF's with China, unless we, oh gee, give them a offer they can't refuse to join our side...point is, this century sucks. It may be like World War 1 and 2, but on steroids.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #968
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
So basically, we are damned if we do, damned if we don't? So, if knuckle head #1 (China) and knuckle head #2 (Japan) went to war, we would have to fight alongside Japan ''at least'' via our bases on their soil...Then you got the Russians...most likely gonna be BFF's with China, unless we, oh gee, give them a offer they can't refuse to join our side...point is, this century sucks. It may be like World War 1 and 2, but on steroids.
Yep pretty much everything you just said. Ive resigned myself to the fact that I am living in an awful political century with some silver linings. The even more scary thing is that we are a much more cynical nation and without our sense of pride and our generally depressed demeanor im not sure we can unite like we did against Hitler and Japan. We also dont have a draft but would need one to combat an armed force the size of China. And we all know that all the evidence points to a drafted army being weaker so even here we are damned if we do damned if we dont. We also will not have the taxes to support our military nor will we have the volunteer force in the States creating and donating supplies like in WW2. Its just not promising no matter how you look at it. A world war in this century would be devastating for us.

Oh, and another reason to fight. If we dont and Japan is forced to defend itself we are looking at the most technologically advanced society building up their military and possibly beginning to "remember" the fact that we dropped two atom bombs on them and that blackmark plus our abandoning them to China, well, we would be looking at a possible future enemy with untold military might backed by some truly terrifying military tech. We dont want Japan building up its military anymore than we want to go to war with China.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #969
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Yep pretty much everything you just said. Ive resigned myself to the fact that I am living in an awful political century with some silver linings. The even more scary thing is that we are a much more cynical nation and without our sense of pride and our generally depressed demeanor im not sure we can unite like we did against Hitler and Japan. We also dont have a draft but would need one to combat an armed force the size of China. And we all know that all the evidence points to a drafted army being weaker so even here we are damned if we do damned if we dont. We also will not have the taxes to support our military nor will we have the volunteer force in the States creating and donating supplies like in WW2. Its just not promising no matter how you look at it. A world war in this century would be devastating for us.
Yeah, I'm not going to risk my life in a war. Esp one I don't have confidence America could win. The only silver lining I see is that the Libertarian Party can rise up if it plays its cards right. The problem is, there are no 3rd party members in Congress or Senate, outside of 1 or 2 Independent people. I mostly accepted the fact the Democrats and Republicans are going to bring this nation down, and people will look towards existing 3rd parties, while some rich people may make a American Elect 2.0 party (this time no stupid failure of a online process).

I can only see the Libertarian Party, Green Party, and Constitution Party gaining traction. A problem though is the R's and the D's can hijack those parties since the Green Party is really a faction under the Democratic Party and LP and CP are under the Republican. Even the fairly new Justice Party isn't far off from the Democratic Party. I mean, isn't the Libertarian Party the best of the major parties with just a higher IQ? What I'm trying to say, is you will always have parts of the major parties belief system in a 3rd party or minor party. And I need to stop calling the LP a 3rd party. We are really a minor party by law. Meaning that $90 million in matching funds if we got 5% of the popular vote, we aren't qualified for that. But as a minor party, 5% for the LP means around $20 million in matching funds.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #970
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,733
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
More like China and the US. We are Japan's military defense so if China goes to war with them they essentially go to war with us. With the US military brass talking of shifting our presence from the Middle East to the Pacific because of NKorea firing that satellite into space and this going on I have no doubt we are looking at a Pacific theater for our next military engagement.
Japan has already begun changing its defense policies. The US and Japan will still be allies, but Japan will rearm in the future.

One reason China is nervous about North Korea, is because if they keep up their antics (testing missiles over Japan, detonating nukes, etc), the Japanese will rebuild their military. And a 21st century Japanese military would only be rivaled by the United States in size and sophistication.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #971
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 56,976
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

I swear, I think we are Iran's and Russia's b***h. We are now in Mali helping out the French there....but we won't touch Syria????? that is just bulls***....

__________________
"Those who can, do...Those who can do more, teach."
Kelly is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #972
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 27,048
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I swear, I think we are Iran's and Russia's b***h. We are now in Mali helping out the French there....but we won't touch Syria????? that is just bulls***....

Is it wrong I hate our two party system so much, the Commission on Presidential Debates (which is rigged against third parties/minor parties) that I really couldn't give two ****s if we are Russia's *****? I mean, I really don't care. Which ironically, probably a goal of RT and it's counterpart, RT America.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #973
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Japan has already begun changing its defense policies. The US and Japan will still be allies, but Japan will rearm in the future.

One reason China is nervous about North Korea, is because if they keep up their antics (testing missiles over Japan, detonating nukes, etc), the Japanese will rebuild their military. And a 21st century Japanese military would only be rivaled by the United States in size and sophistication.
Maybe they should anyway. That may make a few more aggressive countries rethink things. China is a little nuts to begin with...not as nuts as North Korea...but maybe Japan showing it's teeth would give them pause.

__________________
You are not as important as you think you are.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #974
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,392
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I swear, I think we are Iran's and Russia's b***h. We are now in Mali helping out the French there....but we won't touch Syria????? that is just bulls***....
Thats because Syria is a cluster**** that could be bad for the west if they directly get involved.

It was more clear cut in Libya that it is in Syria. The West is giving the Syrian Rebels weapons and communication equipment anyway. We just aren't giving them air support like in Libya.

__________________
advanced idea mechanics
chamber-music is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #975
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,733
Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

And certain Western European countries got most of their oil from Libya.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.