Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #26
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 3

Looks like my post has been deleted. All I really wanted to say was it would've been nice to see Amy start a franchise much earlier. Like maybe one instead of Superman Returns. Then she'd be on her 3rd movie by now.

I mean Amy looks ADORABLE, no-one disagrees. But her fine skin shows her age around her eyes.

Big eyes make a person look young and attractive and that's Amy's only saving grace atm for looking young.

I mean if you look at Naomi Watts (a great example of looking young) when she was 36 she didn't really have a line on her.

http://www.naomi-watts.org/gallery/d..._display_media

I mean I'm not saying Amy's just some old hag (like people probably think). I'm just being realistic about her age. If it weren't for her eyes she'd look her age of 36.

Now we just have to hope she looks the same in the next 8 years when she's shooting the sequels....

Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

and the cycle continues...

Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #28
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Looks like my post has been deleted. All I really wanted to say was it would've been nice to see Amy start a franchise much earlier. Like maybe one instead of Superman Returns. Then she'd be on her 3rd movie by now.

I mean Amy looks ADORABLE, no-one disagrees. But her fine skin shows her age around her eyes.

Big eyes make a person look young and attractive and that's Amy's only saving grace atm for looking young.

I mean if you look at Naomi Watts (a great example of looking young) when she was 36 she didn't really have a line on her.

I mean I'm not saying Amy's just some old hag (like people probably think). I'm just being realistic about her age. If it weren't for her eyes she'd look her age of 36.

Now we just have to hope she looks the same in the next 8 years when she's shooting the sequels....
Please, give it a rest. What is done is done. Amy Adams, at 36, is Lois Lane. She looks as she does, and acts as she does. And we must all accept and root for her because this a chance for the franchise to really reinvent itself.

member of gods among men
Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Actually I was wrong Naomi was 37 in that pic. Here's one where she was 36.

Not a line on her face.

Btw I'm not intentionally trying to dig at Amy for the fun of it. I'm just wondering, is she gonna still look the same by movie 4?

And I don't wanna just 'not think about sequels.' The idea of sequels is exciting to me, as you can always try and speculate which villains will be turning up.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #30
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

I don't think her being a good or bad casting choice will affect the film one way or the other.

TDK was great despite Gyllenhaal as Dawes.

There's really no need to force yourself to accept anything. Who knows, maybe she'll be recast in the sequels. It isn't exactly unprecedented.

Personally I don't care about sequels, but I know she isn't the best casting choice for Lois right now, or the best pairing with HC. Though these films, even Nolan, have a history of miscasting certain female roles.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Someone needs to manip this Amy pic into a darker hair colored Lois one.

Also I really like this auburn-y hair color on her it looks so much more natural on her skin tone then that flat black most are puting on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #32
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Though these films, even Nolan, have a history of miscasting certain female roles.
I guess we should have known to be worried when Nolan is involved; he was the one who let Maggie Gyllenhaal be Rachel in TDK.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Who knows, maybe she'll be recast in the sequels. It isn't exactly unprecedented
Amy Adams ain't exactly Katie Holmes. give it up, it's a lost cause. short of Amy Adams having a mental breakdown or her becoming unhappy with the way the franchise goes, she's Lois Lane for however many sequels this one will produce.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #34
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think her being a good or bad casting choice will affect the film one way or the other.

TDK was great despite Gyllenhaal as Dawes.

Though these films, even Nolan, have a history of miscasting certain female roles.

I know YOU don't think so but to ME Lois is just as important as Superman. She's a heroine I've really enjoyed and supported through the years.

TELL me about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I guess we should have known to be worried when Nolan is involved; he was the one who let Maggie Gyllenhaal be Rachel in TDK.
Yeah I know! What is it with him casting these plain-ass women in comic book roles? He brought in Kaite Holmes then Maggie 'fugly' Gyllenhal, he even brought in Ellen Page in Inception. Then... oh yeah Anne and Amy. Does he have something against sexy women?

I mean Kaite, Ellen, Anne and Amy are cute but in a comic book role you want someone who is sex-on-legs.

And don't give me any of this 'sexist' crap. Alot of them time for women sex = power. That having sexual allure is the mark of a strong woman. The same could also be said of men I guess.

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 04-09-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #35
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
I know YOU don't think so but to ME Lois is just as important as Superman. She's a heroine I've really enjoyed and supported through the years.

TELL me about it!

Yeah I know! What is it with him casting these plain-ass women in comic book roles? He brought in Kaite Holmes then Maggie 'fugly' Gyllenhal, he even brought in Ellen Page in Inception. Then... oh yeah Anne and Amy. Does he have something against sexy women?

I mean Kaite, Ellen, Anne and Amy are cute but in a comic book role you want someone who is sex-on-legs.

And don't give me any of this 'sexist' crap. Alot of them time for women sex = power. That having sexual allure is the mark of a strong woman. The same could also be said of men I guess.
Yes, he clearly does. He's an anti-sexite.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #36
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:

He hired them because they were all good actresses (except for Katie Holmes)
Quote:
Nope, sorry, you're sexist.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #37
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

i wish people would stop bashing poor katie holmes, yeah shes not the greatest actress, but she did fine with what she was given in bb. rachel dawes was just not well written, and i think maggie gyllenhaal sucked harder than she did, no chemistry with both bale and eckhart, and ugly to boot.

and about that amy adams...

The beautiful Hilary Rhoda is Wonder Woman in model form.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #38
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Katie Holmes was unconvincing in BB....that's why Rachel was recast. Maggie isn't the prettiest actress, but at least i could believe she was a district attorney.

and you were saying about Amy Adams? you typed something like you were about to make a point but then.........

Old 04-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #39
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
Katie Holmes was unconvincing in BB....that's why Rachel was recast. Maggie isn't the prettiest actress, but at least i could believe she was a district attorney.

and you were saying about Amy Adams? you typed something like you were about to make a point but then.........
i'm pretty sure katie was recast because she couldn't do the movie, not because they wanted to replace her, but yeah, she wasn't very convincing as an attorney. maggie was only slightly more convincing as an attorney, imo, but i did not for a second believe that she was someone bruce wayne and harvey dent would be attracted to, or that she was attracted to them, for that matter.

i didn't have anything to say about amy, i was just trying to steer this thread back into her direction, tho

Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #40
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:

TELL me about it!
Calling it that Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively and Christian Bale/Anne Hathaway will be the hotter superhero couples.

Henry could have outdone them if he was paired with someone better.

But regardless, I don't see the relationship or Lois Lane anywhere as important as Superman.

I'm having trouble imagining Goyer/Nolan writing Lois as anything more than a secondary supporting role, and the film focusing on Clark/Superman, as "Begins" focused on Bruce primarily.

That's why I don't see it as a major blow if LL is miscast. If they get Supes, Lex and the supervillain right, we'll still get a badass movie, despite the token love interest.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #41
Superman Prime
The Quantum Enigma

While I agree that acting talent counts for a lot, we need to get something out of the way before we delve too deeply into issues of feminism and sexism:

Men see appearance first, personality second. Women see personality first, and appearance second.

This is why evolution biologically engineered women to "pretty themselves up" with cosmetics. It has nothing whatsoever to do with society, culture, or social programming. It's entirely an evolutionary mechanism.

It's understandable that some men write a woman off simply by her looks. You can blame that on nature. Some men can look past what they perceive to be unattractive appearance to the center of who the person is at their core, but I have yet to be convinced that's possible for some.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #42
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

@JAK: i'm gonna disagree with your last part there, i think amy adams is pretty, but she just doesn't look like what lois looks like to me. and i don't find her sexually attractive, and she probably wouldn't be my type if i were attracted to women at all (i'm a girl). i don't think any of this makes me sexist, and i don't think you can really accuse anyone else of sexism so easily just because they don't think amy is right for this role.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #43
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Calling it that Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively and Christian Bale/Anne Hathaway will be the hotter superhero couples.

Henry could have outdone them if he was paired with someone better.

But regardless, I don't see the relationship or Lois Lane anywhere as important as Superman.

I'm having trouble imagining Goyer/Nolan writing Lois as anything more than a secondary supporting role, and the film focusing on Clark/Superman, as "Begins" focused on Bruce primarily.

That's why I don't see it as a major blow if LL is miscast. If they get Supes, Lex and the supervillain right, we'll still get a badass movie, despite the token love interest.
Yeah, i don't think i will ever be able to agree or reason with you on this. Lois Lane is not a "token love interest". she is so much more.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #44
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

i don't expect bale and hathaway to have any chemistry. nolan's not so great at the whole romance thing.

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 04-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #45
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

I wasn't talking about romantic chemistry.

Though romance in this genre of films is generally lame anyways, that's why I prefer how Nolan tends to make it a minor subplot.

I expect this in Superman too, especially with the studio blaming SR's focus on lost love as the reason it didn't work. Superhero films should not be chick flicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWitch View Post
Yeah, i don't think i will ever be able to agree or reason with you on this. Lois Lane is not a "token love interest". she is so much more.
Her importance has been over-inflated since the 90s in some lame attempt by DC/WB to appeal to women.

Hence why we had Rom-Com Superman with Lois and Clark, and the CW Drama "Smallville" with it's overemphasis on "girl power" to the point where the females are written as much stronger than the passive BDA Clark Kent.

This film promises to set things back to the way it should be IMO, despite the questionable casting of AA.

Last edited by Man of Tomorrow; 04-09-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #46
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Hathaway's gonna look great in the Catwoman suit and that's all I care about.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #47
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

well, then I find both cavill and adams much hotter than bale and hathaway.

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 04-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #48
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Calling it that Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively and Christian Bale/Anne Hathaway will be the hotter superhero couples
I find Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Christian Bale, and Anne Hathaway all to be very average looking whereas Henry Cavill is extremely handsome to me and Amy Adams is cute and pretty. Therefore got to disagree with you there and say Cavill/Adams will be the hottest superhero couple.

I also find Amy Adams to be prettier than Olivia Wilde, and I think they look similar in age even though Wilde is a lot younger.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #49
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

I think Hathaway has 100x more commercial appeal than Adams in regards to public perception of hotness. Same with Blake Lively.

But that's another story.

Olivia Wilde would have owned all of them though. She would have been unquestionably the hottest and sexiest Lois Lane thus far by leaps and bounds.

Anyway, also looking forward to seeing Hathaway and Lively in their Catwoman and Star Sapphire costumes. Blake promised the fans at Wondercon she'd wear it if GL is a success.

Last edited by Man of Tomorrow; 04-09-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #50
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

You can't say that's 'unquestionable'. I'm sure there are people out there who find Teri Hatcher or Erica Durance sexier.

Unless you believe everyone is attracted to the same thing.

Closed Thread