Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #101
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
You're always so over dramatic. Holy...

Shannon's performance will be legendary.
Barney? Is that you?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #102
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, it is another origin, since they didn't fare as well as they wanted with the decades later sequel.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #103
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
You mean, as earlier speculated by reports that also included information already proven incorrect.
Those reports said Lois Lane was not the main female lead.

And they were casting for Ursa..

No one believed it, yet here we are getting Zod.

Hmmmm...

Hopefully Diane Kruger denying her potential involvement was a lie too.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #104
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
It's pretty amazing that every person cast so far minus Cavill has been nominated for an Oscar at one point. Excellent casting so far IMO. I think Shannon could steal the show.
It reminds me of BB. Caine, Neeson, Freeman, Wilkinson.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #105
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
do you understand that we want a new vilalin that was not used in previous movies? do you understand that in 2011 we have technology for every villain from the comcis?
thanks for answering my question...

...yes, i understand that we ALL want to see a villain that hasn't been used in the movies yet and i certainly understand that, in this day and age of ultrarealistic CGI, most of the villains from Superman's rogues gallery can be brought to life. however, that doesn't necessarily mean they SHOULD...especially in an origin movie. do we really want to see Doomsday in an origin film???

Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #106
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I wouldn't count out Brainiac just yet. I'll bet the farm we get two or three villains.
We could easily see Zod, Brainiac, and Metallo along with Lex.
I say a cold no to this. Unless Brainiac is connected to Krypton's fate like TAS maybe at least introduce him. Going that far is using all the great villains in one movie. Don't waste them all included with an origin story. Spread it out. This one should focus on Superman himself, not his villians. The origin story should always focus primarily on the hero. And doing so you would not get a very fleshed out Brainiac or Metallo.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #107
Mr.Kara
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hopefully Diane Kruger denying her potential involvement was a lie too.
She's meh.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #108
Vile
The Future is Vile

Boring news is boring.

"You have failed me for the last time, Jesus."

*Force-choke*
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #109
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I say a cold no to this. Unless Brainiac is connected to the Krypton's fate like TAS maybe at least introduce him. Going that far is using all the great villains in one movie. Don't waste them all included with an origin story. Spread it out. This one should focus on Superman himself, not his villians. The origin story should always focus primarily on the hero. And doing so you would not get a very fleshed out Brainiac or Metallo.
You mean like was done with B.B.?
It was an origin. How many villains were in it?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #110
Superman 1265
Side-Kick

Quote:
if only now SHH members would understand that actors,directors and producers lie
Most people in Hollywood lie. It's no big secret.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #111
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
thanks for answering my question...

...yes, i understand that we ALL want to see a villain that hasn't been used in the movies yet and i certainly understand that, in this day and age of ultrarealistic CGI, most of the villains from Superman's rogues gallery can be brought to life. however, that doesn't necessarily mean they SHOULD...especially in an origin movie. do we really want to see Doomsday in an origin film???
this is their last chance to bring him back IMO. they should not be thinking about sequels. this needs to be the best sueprman movie .

Old 04-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #112
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
You mean like was done with B.B.?
Those were not big villains though. Using Brainiac and Metallo is like using Joker and Two-Face and Ra's and Scarecrow and Falcone all in one film on top of the origin story. You could make it work but the Brainiac and Metallo would be shallow and not to their full potential.

Yea put in some minor villains maybe (remember Lex will probably still be in this) We have to introduce so many characters in this and Superman's past.

Yea you COULD put those guys in and make it work, but they would be not as strong as if they were at least in another movie (Metallo and Brainiac in the second one or something) But putting all of these heavy hitters in an origin story would just take away everything from Supes rouges and people would not be as wowed possibly with the sequels.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #113
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
this is their last chance to bring him back IMO. they should not be thinking about sequels. this needs to be the best sueprman movie .
why is it their last chance??? you honestly think WB couldnt end this lawsuit today if they wanted to. Depending on the success of this film, theyll prolly wrap up that lawsuit pretty quickly if this is a hit.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #114
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

now i've got to ask those who dislike the idea of Zod in this movie, do YOU understand that?
I don't dislike Zod because of the old movies... I just dislike him as a villain in general, especially for this reboot.

Quote:
You're always so over dramatic. Holy...

Shannon's performance will be legendary.
I don't have an opinion on Shannon yet, as i've not seen enough of him...

As for the over dramatic... yes, that was a bit ... but how am I always over dramatic? This is the first bit of news that I haven't praised...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #115
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
I think as Dorky and others said, I think too many have Zod from Donner's films stuck in their heads.

I'm stoked to see where they go. Since this is a re-invention we are going to have another origin story. I don't want to see Brainiac or Metallo shoved into an origin story just so we could have them. I'd rather the sequels have them where they can be fleshed out.
precisely...good post.

Quote:
you also need to take into consideration the story they're trying to tell. if they SOLELY thinking about how this is their last chance and they need to pack as much in as they possibly can then it would become overkill and saturated with too much from the Superman mythos. seems to me they're trying to tell Superman's origins the best way possible and not worrying about the effect any post or possible future movies will have on this one. there will be plenty of action, plenty of eye candy...EVEN IF Zod is the main villain.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #116
Superman 1265
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
And we thought nothing could top the Amy Adams thread.
Nobody's made a comment about Michael Shannon's age or physical appearance yet.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #117
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post
I have. At 35, I'm worried he might die of old age during filming.

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 04-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #118
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Meh-tastic.

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #119
djkris
PLG Founder

It's good to read that he's been cast. Great actor, he will surely add more quality to the movie...

I am not too thrilled about using Zod again, but still, we don't know how big the role will be. He could turn up in the Krypton sequences for all I know, just for some 5 minutes. Nolan did cast Ken Watanabe (Academy Award nominee, mind you) to play Ra's decoy in Batman Begins. He cast Pete Postlethwaite (Academy Award nominee, again) to play for 5 minutes or less in Inception.

Be it a full part or a glorified cameo with possible sequel use, he is a welcome addition!

Episode VII director:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkris View Post
If I was a betting man, I would place my chips on Kosinski.
Oh, well, I suppose it's "Episode VIII" then...
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #120
terry78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
I have. At 35, I'm worried he might die of old age during filming.
Exactly, his medicare kicked around age 30. And at age 33 as I am, I'm having a hell of a time even typing these words on account of my arthur-itis.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I don't dislike Zod because of the old movies... I just dislike him as a villain in general, especially for this reboot.
may i ask why so? why do you dislike him as a villain in general? have you read all the comic and seen the tv Zods?

what, specifically about Zod, is it that you don't like? because i think he's actually a great villain. he comes from Krypton so he knows the culture, the history, the MILITARY TACTICS, the technology, the advanced way of thinking and especially HIS PARENTS......combine that with Superman's powers and you have a formidable villain for Superman to face for his first great challenge.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #122
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post
I'm angry that they did not get an actual Kryptonian to play him, and not some American actor. American's can't play a Kryptonian, they are not from the same region!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #123
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Great casting. Still not happy that Zod is in the film, but I'm sure Shannon will give an awesome performace.

5 out of 5.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #124
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Those were not big villains though. Using Brainiac and Metallo is like using Joker and Two-Face and Ra's and Scarecrow and Falcone all in one film on top of the origin story. You could make it work but the Brainiac and Metallo would be shallow and not to their full potential.

Yea put in some minor villains maybe (remember Lex will probably still be in this) We have to introduce so many characters in this and Superman's past.

Yea you COULD put those guys in and make it work, but they would be not as strong as if they were at least in another movie (Metallo and Brainiac in the second one or something) But putting all of these heavy hitters in an origin story would just take away everything from Supes rouges and people would not be as wowed possibly with the sequels.
I think what alot of us are fearing is that this could be the last superman film for a long time if things arent resolved with the families. It should get resolved, but there are no guarantees. If its not, then we wont get the villains we want onscreen for a long time.
I've been saying no to zod and yes to Brainiac since 06, so its nothing new for me.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #125
terry78

Quote:
may i ask why so? why do you dislike him as a villain in general? have you read all the comic and seen the tv Zods?

what, specifically about Zod, is it that you don't like? because i think he's actually a great villain. he comes from Krypton so he knows the culture, the history, the MILITARY TACTICS, the technology, the advanced way of thinking and especially HIS PARENTS......combine that with Superman's powers and you have a formidable villain for Superman to face for his first great challenge.
I think Zod works in the sense that he's a guy that Superman is actually thinking of as a kindred spirit, someone else that's in his boat, only he turns out to be an *******, and it tears him up that he actually has to take down one of his own who could have possibly been like a family figure, gave him some guidance or insight on Krypton.

But with that, I still want to see him taking down a giant robot or something, but without Brainiac it may not be a way to really fit that into a modern day setting.

Closed Thread