The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #801
Nathan

Default Re: Power Ranger's 4.0

I'd hit that. In the costume. Well, maybe minus the headgear. It would creep me out staring at me.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #802
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

They really should have thought about finding a way to bring back Trakeena or someone from that family to be the big bad this season since the villians are bug themed.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #803
LL2K2
End of an Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
Indeed! And best of all, she didn't turn good in the end, like most PR lady villains.
But she married a Power Ranger. Well, in the real world. Amy Miller, who played Trakeena, married Reggie Rolle, who played Damon (Green Galaxy Ranger).

Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #804
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

My favorite Zordon era villains are as followed.

Goldar:

Lord Zedd:

Astronema:

Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #805
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I hope we get to see Jason David Frank back as Tommy Oliver for the 20th anniversary.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #806
Spike014
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I hope we get to see Jason David Frank back as Tommy Oliver for the 20th anniversary.
It has to be done, and I hope we see Jason the original red ranger too.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #807
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
Indeed! And best of all, she didn't turn good in the end, like most PR lady villains.
They sort of ruined her in the following season though, in the team up episode. Rather disappointing honestly.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #808
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike014 View Post
It has to be done, and I hope we see Jason the original red ranger too.

Agreed, Jason and Tommy are my favorite Rangers of all time. I would not also mind seeing Billy Cranston {David Yost}, the original Blue Ranger, he was awesome.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #809
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Agreed, Jason and Tommy are my favorite Rangers of all time. I would not also mind seeing Billy Cranston {David Yost}, the original Blue Ranger, he was awesome.
A cameo of ALL the original rangers would be the best, but we know that can't happen...

Tommy would be awesome. I saw a video where he said he would consider returning for the fans, if Saban asked him.

A Billy and Jason cameo would be nice as well, but I really want to see Kimberly show up somewhere. Now THAT would be a cameo that'd make my jaw drop.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #810
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

JDF wearing the GokaiSilver helmet

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=159488

Speculation exploded that he would portray Power Ranger's Gokaiger's adaption as the sixth ranger

GokaiSilver/Gai Ikari was a manic earthling who knew everything about Super Sentai's history

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

He received Gold mode once he was accepted by the spirits of the past 6th rangers

More teasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWn4Iw_8oQ

He says"He has spoken to Saban but haven't asked if he'd come back, though his schedule is packed he did say he would come back for the fans"

Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #811
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

Speculation exploded that he would portray Power Ranger's Gokaiger's adaption as the sixth ranger

GokaiSilver/Gai Ikari was a manic earthling who knew everything about Super Sentai's history

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

He received Gold mode once he was accepted by the spirits of the past 6th rangers

More teasing

He says"He has spoken to Saban but haven't asked if he'd come back, though his schedule is packed he did say he would come back for the fans"

If this happens it would definitely bring the Tommy Oliver character full circle.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #812
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

More teasing

It would be amazing to see him turn into the green and white ranger from MMPR again. But it would be extremely weird if he turned into the gold Zeo-ranger when someone else is the red one. Same with him turning into the black and white Dino-ranger.

And how would he fit in the team? I mean, he's a legend among power rangers, so wouldn't the others follow HIM instead of following Troy?

Though I would love to see him return, I don't think it would make a lot of sense, story-wise. I do hope he makes an appearance however. They could have him as a guest-star and have him use the ranger-keys to morph into his previous forms. It would bring back so many memories.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #813
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I really hate the Mega morphers. They just look ridiculous even for PR.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #814
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Good episode today, I really like the new Zords.

Last edited by Young Superman; 02-09-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #815
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
They sort of ruined her in the following season though, in the team up episode. Rather disappointing honestly.
I prefer to ignore that team-up completely. God, what a waste of a special. Striking it also helps "Lightspeed" feel more standalone, which I kinda prefer. I think it's one of the best gateway seasons.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #816
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

It felt more like the older Mighty Morphin Power Rangers than Samurai/Super Samurai did. The guy Geoff Dolan doing the voice of Gosei Guardian Of Earth sounded so much like Zordon & he has also done voice work for other Power Rangers series.

Why didn't they start out with an origin episode first or will it be worked into a future episode or episodes? Using all the different power cards are one of the worst aspects of this Power Rangers show because they just slow them down when morphing & other stuff giving the bad guys ample time to kick their asses.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #817
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
giving the bad guys ample time to kick their asses.
That has been a problem since MMPR. With the bad guys letting them finish morphing one by one

Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #818
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
It felt more like the older Mighty Morphin Power Rangers than Samurai/Super Samurai did. The guy Geoff Dolan doing the voice of Gosei Guardian Of Earth sounded so much like Zordon & he has also done voice work for other Power Rangers series.

Why didn't they start out with an origin episode first or will it be worked into a future episode or episodes? Using all the different power cards are one of the worst aspects of this Power Rangers show because they just slow them down when morphing & other stuff giving the bad guys ample time to kick their asses.
I hate the card aspect of this season. It is something that never needed to be introduced or thought of.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #819
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Go-busters ended yesterday. Here's the annual passing of the torch moment from one red ranger to the next

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Next week is brightly colored dino's and samba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HniZBniwNhY

KyoryuBlue is actually 32 but an idea was tossed around to make him a dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaEnd View Post
Wow, Sanjo said this in an interview "I actually wanted Blue to be a 45 year old man with wife and kids. But everyone was against it. It's tough having kids, so I really wanted an older character that the parents could relate too."

Would have been very interesting if they actually went with a 45 year old.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #820
Jostru
Side-Kick

It's weird, but the outfits are actually starting to grow on me. Except for the shoulder pad, that's still ridiculous.

It's also weird to see no yellow ranger. It's the first time there isn't a yellow, right?

And it's gonna take some getting used to the pink triceratops as well

Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #821
Spike014
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
It's weird, but the outfits are actually starting to grow on me. Except for the shoulder pad, that's still ridiculous.

It's also weird to see no yellow ranger. It's the first time there isn't a yellow, right?

And it's gonna take some getting used to the pink triceratops as well

Gia is the yellow ranger.

I'm not liking the big morphers but everything else is ok

Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #822
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Go-buster Yellow was the last yellow ranger

Since 1986 till now we've had a yellow ranger

Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #823
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
It would be amazing to see him turn into the green and white ranger from MMPR again. But it would be extremely weird if he turned into the gold Zeo-ranger when someone else is the red one. Same with him turning into the black and white Dino-ranger.

And how would he fit in the team? I mean, he's a legend among power rangers, so wouldn't the others follow HIM instead of following Troy?

Though I would love to see him return, I don't think it would make a lot of sense, story-wise. I do hope he makes an appearance however. They could have him as a guest-star and have him use the ranger-keys to morph into his previous forms. It would bring back so many memories.
Last time I saw JDF was a few years ago in an MMA match; he was huge. They said he weighed 220lbs. He was jacked and covered with tattoos. It would be really interesting to see Dr. Tommy Oliver like this. Looking very forward to the alleged guest appearances (and hopefully to a good US rendering of GoKaiger).

Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 AM   #824
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike014 View Post
Gia is the yellow ranger.

I'm not liking the big morphers but everything else is ok
I wasn't talking about Megaforce, but about Kyoryuger.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #825
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Am I the only one who thinks Adam Park {Johnny Yong Bosch} would have made a good Rangers leader?