The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #101
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Power Ranger's 4.0

Saw ep 18 last night for gokai great episode. Also love his robo and how he got his powers. Reminded me of fighting spirit with tommy in dt.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #102
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2K2 View Post
Ugh. YT and Toei are being pains in the a**. Thank goodness for TV-Nihon, though.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Toei Animation, LLC."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #103
Jager X
Banned User

Why is it that I can take this show semi-seriously when it is he original Japanese production but want to rip out the throats of every single actor and film crew involved on the new Nickelodeon show?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #104
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

I forget all about the Nick show, does anyone even watch it?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #105
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Judging by what my 9 year old sister has said, the new Nick show is really popular amongst boys at her school. I've watched a few episodes and it seemed decent. I think it's cool they brought Bulk back.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #106
Jager X
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
I forget all about the Nick show, does anyone even watch it?
I have seen some of it and it is terrible. I know the original was not without cheese but the acting in Samurai is atrocious. It is like they gave these kids a crash course in acting over a weekend by having them watch nothing but William Shatner scenes. Actually, that was an insult to Shatner.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #107
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

I know there has been stuff regarding the apparent change of the Super Samurai mode being removed, but the episode where Jaden is sick and gets taken, did anyone notice how horrible the puppet for the Octopus guy (I've forgotten his name) looked that was talking to the American actors? Compared to how he normally looked in all Sentai footage, he looked terrible, including that stupid looking mouth they gave the American puppet. Never noticed anything this bad before, but that really bothered me.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #108
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Jason Narvy who played Eugene 'Skull' Skullovitch will be in a few episodes of Power Rangers Samurai According to Jason David Frank at Anime Oasis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIsVUJ3SPNw

skip ahead to 22:20

First episode of Power Ranger Samurai will finally air

http://licensingbook.com/tag/power-rangers
Quote:

Additionally, fans will have the chance to experience the never-before-seen story of how the newest generation of Power Rangers came together in an all-new Power Rangers Samurai Origins special, which will air on Nickelodeon in September. The special takes viewers inside the dojo where the new Rangers received their martial arts training prior to their first adventures battling evil as a team.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #109
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
I know there has been stuff regarding the apparent change of the Super Samurai mode being removed, but the episode where Jaden is sick and gets taken, did anyone notice how horrible the puppet for the Octopus guy (I've forgotten his name) looked that was talking to the American actors? Compared to how he normally looked in all Sentai footage, he looked terrible, including that stupid looking mouth they gave the American puppet. Never noticed anything this bad before, but that really bothered me.
That "Octopus guy" is called Octoroo, but in actuality he's a squid demon called Shi-tari in Shinkenger. For some reason, PR Samurai likes to refer to all squid as octopus, because Gold Samurai's zord the Octozord is also a squid as well.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #110
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Its not the best pr season ever. Writing does suck and same goes with some of the acting. But I don't outright hate the show.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #111
tbgo
Newbie First Class

When you can say the acting is bad in a Power Rangers series, you KNOW it's bad! lmao. The casting director needs the boot!

I've been watching the original series on Netflix religiously now. I'm absolutely hooked. I watched it when it was on as a kid back in the 90s. I thought I saw most of them, but apparently I hadn't.

Thank god Saban bought the series back! They are definitly trying to recapture the show's heyday, using the original theme song, and adding Bulk, even though he was in space in one of the other series. You know, if they really wanted to, they could shell out the bucks and just make the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers again, and bring back Rita. I know the whole concept behind the show was to use footage from a current Sentai series, but they could always go in that direction again. I wonder if they'll keep the current Samurai cast for the next incarnation, much like they did with MMPR. I read before this current series started, that they're going to be continuing Samurai for more than a year.

Did anyone watch Zyurangers, the Sentai series they took the fight footage, and Rita footage from? I actually enjoyed that series. Fans have been subbing it for awhile, but they've yet to complete it.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #112
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

If you speaking of casting director its the same person who cast pretty much most of saban yrs. The problem I believe was due to contract deals changing during casting calls. Which caused alot of actors to walk. And they where left with other options. Also really pr usually don't have super grand acting actors for rangers. Must are fresh to acting or just limited work. So I don't see problem there.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #113
BlackLantern
Banned User

Im slowly working my way through SPD (one of my favorite series outside the original run)

Old 07-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #114
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
When you can say the acting is bad in a Power Rangers series, you KNOW it's bad! lmao. The casting director needs the boot!

I've been watching the original series on Netflix religiously now. I'm absolutely hooked. I watched it when it was on as a kid back in the 90s. I thought I saw most of them, but apparently I hadn't.

Thank god Saban bought the series back! They are definitly trying to recapture the show's heyday, using the original theme song, and adding Bulk, even though he was in space in one of the other series. You know, if they really wanted to, they could shell out the bucks and just make the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers again, and bring back Rita. I know the whole concept behind the show was to use footage from a current Sentai series, but they could always go in that direction again. I wonder if they'll keep the current Samurai cast for the next incarnation, much like they did with MMPR. I read before this current series started, that they're going to be continuing Samurai for more than a year.

Did anyone watch Zyurangers, the Sentai series they took the fight footage, and Rita footage from? I actually enjoyed that series. Fans have been subbing it for awhile, but they've yet to complete it.
Bulk's been on earth since "Forever Red" Rita is no more

Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 AM   #115
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Isn't Rita suppose to be some goddess now?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #116
Jordacar
The Endless One

She was reverted to human at the end of "In Space". When the original Japanese actress (the late Machiko Soga) reappeared in the stock footage for Mystic Force as the grand poobah of Magitopia, a couple of throwaway lines establish that she used to be Rita, and became the queen of good magic after the Z-wave. It's a cool idea in itself, but the execution was somewhat lacking IMO.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #117
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

This was my friends face book status

GokaiSilver's Gold mode debuted

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #118
Donut
Side-Kick

I saw you post that on Rangerboard. Are you posting that on every board you go to ?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #119
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

she can always leave

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #120
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

I've began watching Time Force on Netflix, because I'm also watching Timeranger and wanted to compare the two. Surprisingly, Time Force isn't bad at all, although I still prefer Super Sentai over Power Rangers.

Quote:
GokaiSilver's Gold mode debuted

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Still looks way too...bulky, and the faces of the senshis on the armor don't look as good as Decade & DiEnd's Final Form.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #121
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya just watched ep 19 of gokai the faces on gold mode was a bit cheesy. And thinking I wonder for us gokai adaption they would give silver access to titantium ranger and make it 16 powers.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #122
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

Is the new show on Netflix yet?,Been watching a semi-marathon(only big/important episodes)of the series and so I'm wondering IF it's up already or will soon be!!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #123
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

No prs isn't on netflix yet. Probably due to its still airing and nick runs them on there website. Probably will be added once prs season ends.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #124
BlackLantern
Banned User

so Ive never seen any of the Japanese shows....Im assuming the non Ranger stuff is vastly different

Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #125
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

for majority it is.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Closed Thread