I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #51
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 3

I just hope to god the costume is traditional. This is what is going to make or brake the movie to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #52
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
That's not really an achievement, imo. It's almost a guarantee... Bale wasn't that great as Batman.

Now if you would have said Cavill might own the role of Clark Kent even more than Bale owns Bruce Wayne, then I'd find that hard to believe.
Ok Cavill will play a better Clark Kent than Bale's Bruce Wayne

Whoa

Cavill Clark Kent Kal-el

Bale Bruce Batman

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #53
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
I just hope to god the costume is traditional. This is what is going to make or brake the movie to me.
Meaning classic? It will be no doubt. They saw what happened with SR even tweaking the classic, and people had a fit. I expect modern textures, less seams this time and classic.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #54
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

My opinion of Bale's performance in the Batman movies is...controversial to say the least so I'll refran from talking about it because I'm having such a good chat with you fellows.

I was one of the few who didn't mind the costume in SR. Costumes aren't a make or break thing for me, if they were I'd have hated Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and X-Men 1 and 2.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #55
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed Elite.

Bale did nail Batman's presence and mannerisms though, I think. Especially with the eye glaring and teeth grinding. So I liked that but his voice has been inconsistent and that's thrown his performance as Bat's a bit off.

As Wayne though he's arguably the closest to the comics. Incredibly close to a point that its chilling.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #56
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Snyder View Post
I will say something that may shock some. Cavill has the potential to own the role of Superman even more than Bale as Batman.
I would agree, and Bale is my favorite Batman.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #57
Zack Snyder
Banned User

I've always liked Bale, pre Batman. I also think he did a good job as Batman. I'm sure Nolan keeping things grounded in reality may have changed a bit of the interpretation though. They won't ground Superman as far into reality because he is an actual "SUPER" hero though.

Last edited by Zack Snyder; 04-14-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #58
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think that Bale deserved his naked gold man. He's a really fine actor and I like him but I'm just not into his performance in the Batman films or any of his action films to be honest. Again, controversial opinion but it's mine. *shrugs*

I'm not saying that he is bad in the Batman movies, I'm just saying that he is far from great in them IMHO.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #59
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

i honestly think Cavill has the potential to far exceed even Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve was establishing Superman on the big screen for the first time when the big blue wasn't taken as seriously. now they have a chance to really flesh out Kal-El/Clark/Supes and add depth to them and an actor who seems to have the gravitas to portray all the facets of this character. these are exciting times to be a Superman fan.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #60
JP
Smelly

Man, years later and I still fail to see anything wrong the the SR costume. Ah well.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #61
SuperDaniel
Banned User

I still have to say that my favorite Batman costume is Batman 89 and Returns just for the way they looked. I still like to see Batman as a dark, gothic character. It should be a balance between that and reality. I really miss the gargoyles in Gotham.

I think Bale was a damn good Batman but his voice is a bit too much, indeed. It never bothered me, really, but I know how it can bother some people. But, script wise, Bale had a much better material to work than the previous actors. I actually thought Keaton and Kilmer were great too. Batman isnt that much of a hard character to play, imo.

Hopefully they wont kill Batman in DKR. I know i`m going to hate it if it happens.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #62
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Reeve played the character before all the modern concepts were conceived that we love today. Pre Byrnes, Pre TAS

It makes the job a little easier imo for Cavill to exceed him. Reeve was really limited by the source material available at the time, so was Donner for that matter.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #63
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Kilmer=underrated

Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #64
Wheels
HR Supporter

There are things I dislike about Bale's Batman but that has to with Nolan's take on Bats more than Bale.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #65
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Man, years later and I still fail to see anything wrong the the SR costume. Ah well.
this was kinda random (i think) hehe...

...my biggest gripe about the suit was his neckline. if they'd just fix that it would've been alright. the red was also too dark. other than those 2 major things it was fine to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #66
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
It looked like a Superman costume to me. I mean the material used for the cape looked a little too much like Fruit Roll Ups but thats about the only problem I had with it.

Superman's costume looks silly to me anyway so it was just another silly Superman costume to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #67
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
The problem with that costume is the same of the whole movie. A HUGE MISSED OPPORTUNITY.

Some simple changes like opening the collar, no s in the belt, brighter colors, better material for the cape would IMPROVE IT A LOT,imo.

Hopefully Snyder is going to fix those problems and give us the definitive version of the classic costume on screen.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #68
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Snyder View Post
Kilmer=underrated
Agreed.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #69
Zack Snyder
Banned User

It didn't completely feel like a Superman costume for me. I think the colors were a bit off. Cape was weird. The 3d \S/ I'm back and forth on, I know the size was made for Routh's specification but I honestly think a big 3d \S/ in general from that type of plastic look is kind of hard to look good larger. The \S/ on the buckle seemed a bit much but forgivable. The seems were annoying to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #70
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Kilmers voice was the best out of all the Batmans, everything else about his performance though as either Wayne or Batman sucked balls. IMO

As for Cavill he will nail the role. Something just tells me he will.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #71
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Bale was good but the way his mouth moves or doesn't move irritates the Hell out of me! It really distracts me. He talks like his tongue is too big or numb??? That top lip... I just want to rip it off! ugh... He didn't have that issue in the Fighter though and I loved him in it. Thank Goodness Cavill doesn't have anything about him (speech or mannerism) that irritates. Thank Goodness!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #72
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i honestly think Cavill has the potential to far exceed even Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve was establishing Superman on the big screen for the first time when the big blue wasn't taken as seriously. now they have a chance to really flesh out Kal-El/Clark/Supes and add depth to them and an actor who seems to have the gravitas to portray all the facets of this character. these are exciting times to be a Superman fan.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #73
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
Read sig.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #74
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Read sig.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #75
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
That's not really an achievement, imo. It's almost a guarantee... Bale wasn't that great as Batman.

Now if you would have said Cavill might own the role of Clark Kent even more than Bale owns Bruce Wayne, then I'd find that hard to believe.
I actually thought Christian was a better Batman than he was Bruce Wayne. His Bruce is obviously a front to throw people off the trail, but I don't necessarily by into the "Batman is the real person" motto.

Closed Thread