The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #101
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Post-Credits scenne

I loved the post-credits scene just because it puts Loki into the role he truly shines in: the behind-the-scenes manipulator. When Loki faces Thor directly, we get some fun fights and a bit of family drama. When Loki manipulates things around Thor, we get stuff like the Avengers' formation, Acts of Vengeance, Siege, the excellent first season of the new Avengers cartoon, etc.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #102
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Yes, agreed, plus the avengers need to be formed via loki, it would just be wrong if they didn't. Personally I found the scene to be the best after credits scene of the marvel movies so far. You found out loki wasn't dead, saw the cosmic cube and found out that dude was now being manipulated. Very good set up for the avengers in every way. With the other movies you got stuff like fury meets tony stark or ross meets stark this one gave you a lot more then just some people meeting and talking, there was more going on then the characters understood which made it stand out.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?
moraldeficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #103
steintym
Stay Frosty

I loved the after credits seen. I never expect too much out of them just because they're usually just little teases. This one was as cool as any of them.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #104
Spider-X
Big damn hero

My Theory:

When Cap comes to the present, he explains what the cube does and it either gets used to bring Thor back to Earth (though more than likely it'll be Jane Foster who manages that using her scientific data she gathered from Thor coming to earth) and/or gets used by Loki to summon the Skrulls (or some other evil purpose).

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Spider-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #105
Raiden
The Captain

This after-credit scene is the best among all of them imo, because it feels like a scene straight from the Avengers. However, I have the feeling that we'll be getting the explaination of how Loki survived and the mystery behind the Cosmic Cube in the Avengers movie, because this teaser scene doesn't tell us anything specific. Definitely makes me amp up for the huge event movie coming next year.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #106
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I have a feeling Loki will use the cube or manipulate someone else into using the cube for some nefarious end, and Heimdall will tell Thor about it, which will light the necessary fire under Thor's ass to get him to find a way back to Earth. Being stuck in Asgard away from Jane is one thing, but being stuck in Asgard while Loki's free to run amok on Earth is a big no-no.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #107
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I have a feeling Loki will use the cube or manipulate someone else into using the cube for some nefarious end, and Heimdall will tell Thor about it, which will light the necessary fire under Thor's ass to get him to find a way back to Earth. Being stuck in Asgard away from Jane is one thing, but being stuck in Asgard while Loki's free to run amok on Earth is a big no-no.

Maybe this is how Thor learns that his hammer can transport his thru dimensions and he doesn't need The bridge.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #108
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Maybe. Either way, I just hope Thor's entrance in Avengers is awesome.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #109
Blackman
King Kong

And I hope Thor is with the team for a while, not like The Ultimate Avengers movie.

BUt he seemed much more willing to help than the THor in UA, so I dont expect that to be a problem

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #110
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm preparing myself for Thor to potentially get little screentime with the other Avengers, personally. Unless Captain America is still in the '40s as of the end of his movie, Thor's got by far the hardest journey to actually join the team. That means devoting time to getting him back to Earth and into the action.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though. They could just as easily open with Thor finding his way back to Earth and gloss over some of the details.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #111
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
I'm preparing myself for Thor to potentially get little screentime with the other Avengers, personally. Unless Captain America is still in the '40s as of the end of his movie, Thor's got by far the hardest journey to actually join the team. That means devoting time to getting him back to Earth and into the action.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though. They could just as easily open with Thor finding his way back to Earth and gloss over some of the details.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In the end of the script i read Jane opens a portal to brring him back made with the help of SHIELD

Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #112
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

I loved this post-credit scene....but I think Marvel is making a huge mistake having them at the end of the entire credits scroll. It should be after the end of the stylized credits. Most people I know have no clue there's anything after the credits. Everytime I see a marvel film it's the same thing...everyone gets up to leave after the movie and only a very tiny handful of people stay to watch.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #113
Blackman
King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
I loved this post-credit scene....but I think Marvel is making a huge mistake having them at the end of the entire credits scroll. It should be after the end of the stylized credits. Most people I know have no clue there's anything after the credits. Everytime I see a marvel film it's the same thing...everyone gets up to leave after the movie and only a very tiny handful of people stay to watch.
Yes. Definitely

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #114
Spider-X
Big damn hero

I have a feeling that The Avengers is going to start much like Ultimate Avengers: with Nick Fury searching out team members and forming the team.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Spider-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #115
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Exactly, before i saw iron man i thought that every post credits scenne would be featured after the stylised credits but after that one i no longer have that idea.

Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #116
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In the end of the script i read Jane opens a portal to brring him back made with the help of SHIELD
Ooh, that's kind of cool, actually.

Quote:
I think that's kind of the point. The post-credits scenes are little treats for those who are willing to wait.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #117
Mister J
El Jefe de la Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I think that's kind of the point. The post-credits scenes are little treats for those who are willing to wait.
True. I don't think I've left a movie before the end credits have finished in about 10 years.

At my theater, the ushers, as they took tickets, were telling people to make sure they stayed for the post-credits scene... and people still left beforehand. Not a huge amount, but still.

Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #118
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I usually don't stay past the credits, but it's pretty common knowledge with Marvel movies at this point. I made sure to tell my friends before the movie started, too. I was like, "There's an after-the-credits scene, by the way. You don't have to stay, but I totally am."

Old 05-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #119
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Heh I don't think I've had the large drink at a theater for that reason. There's no way I can hold all that for that long and not miss the ending credits. lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #120
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

The small drinks at theaters are like the larges everywhere else, so I'm usually content with those.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #121
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

heh drinking the diet Cherry Dr Pepper with Heimdall on it oddly enough.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #122
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Anyone got a copy of this that's not YouTube (they're all deleted)? I'm trying to show my sister ....

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #123
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

not a clue Rock, Haven't looked.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #124
steintym
Stay Frosty

I think you have to be pretty quick to catch the scene on websites. I haven't seen it available anywhere yet.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #125
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

It'd be against the Hype's rules to post links to it on here anyway.