Known as Strider

Default Re: LOST - But Not Forgotten...Except by the Emmys - Part 1

Kick ass.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #28
MOVIELORD101
GOJIRA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ****ing LOVED this show when it was still on TV. Watching all the mysteries and stories play out as well-written as they were was just amazing. Lost is probably THE best original drama I have seen in recent years (Mad Men coming at a close second). Hell, I'm such a huge Lost fan that I won the complete series boxset on Blu-Ray in a contest last August and later bought the encyclopedia when it came out (I even got the tie-in book "Bad Twin" as a Christmas present)! I even loved the final episode of the series. Yeah, so what if no more mysteries were answered in it, but in the end did it even matter? Either way, the series ended the way it was suppose to end IMO: with a satisfying bang. To those who have yet to see it, all 6 seasons are available for streaming on Netflix, so I'd say you'd better get started. You WON'T be disappointed!

Overal Rating: 10/10

P.S. Screw the Emmys. Lost should've won last year and rightfully so.

PSN: halo101
MOVIELORD101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #29
MOVIELORD101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Still amazes me.
EXCELENT find! Never seen that promo before.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #30
MOVIELORD101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Plus a show about fairy tale characters in the real world sounds stupid.
You've never read the comic book series "Fables", have you? Trust me, it can work if done properly.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #31
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I never realized that the season 6 DVD had a 12 minute epilogue to the finale episode. I just watched it and am depressed that that's the last new thing I'll ever see

It was nice seeing Ben, Hurley, and Walt again though

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #32
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIELORD101 View Post
You've never read the comic book series "Fables", have you? Trust me, it can work if done properly.
No I have not. There are more comics than animal species on this planet. The plot just sounds stupid for a serial tv show. Movie...maybe. A season ending with someone finding out that they are really Snow White just sounds dumb.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #33
YoungE808
Side-Kick

So I just finished S5 in my rewatch and have a couple of questions about the cabin. Did Jacob put that picture of the statue there so Illana knew where he was? Did MIB manipulate someone into disrupting the circle of ash?

At first I thought the MIB had stuck the picture against the wall but after watching The Incident, he seemed to genuinely not know that Jacob was residing in the foot of the statue.

Last edited by YoungE808; 04-29-2011 at 08:01 PM.
YoungE808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #34
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

That is one of the questions I have as well. After MIB orchestrated Jacobs death. He cut a piece of one of Jacobs rugs out. When Illiana goes into Jacobs cabin she finds a piece stuck to the wall with a knife. MIB had just done that, so how did that get there?

The only thing I can think is that the entire island flows in time. So one part of the island could be in the past. While another is in the future.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #35
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungE808 View Post
So I just finished S5 in my rewatch and have a couple of questions about the cabin. Did Jacob put that picture of the statue there so Illana knew where he was?
It was probably Jacob because it was a piece of his tapestry and the knife used to pin it to the wall was the same knife he used to filet the fish at the beginning of the episode.

Quote:
Did MIB manipulate someone into disrupting the circle of ash?
Yeah, but we don't know who. It was probably Claire.

[/quote]At first I thought the MIB had stuck the picture against the wall but after watching The Incident, he seemed to genuinely not know that Jacob was residing in the foot of the statue.[/QUOTE]
He definitely knew, because he told Richard in "Ab Aeterno" that he could find him in the statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
That is one of the questions I have as well. After MIB orchestrated Jacobs death. He cut a piece of one of Jacobs rugs out. When Illiana goes into Jacobs cabin she finds a piece stuck to the wall with a knife. MIB had just done that, so how did that get there?
The rug MIB cut to ceremoniously wipe Jacob's blood from the knife wasn't the same as the piece of tapestry pinned to the wall. The piece in the cabin was from the tapestry Jacob was making at the beginning of the episode.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #36
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Locke'd Out Again. Even more than Moving On, I think that one gets me every damn time.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #37
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

LOST meets Six Feet Under...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Well done on both.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #38
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Just finished Lighthouse, got a bit teary-eyed during the last scene with Jack and David. Definitely one of my favorites now.

Also, Jacob wanted Hurley to turn the wheel to 108 degrees. Can I safely assume that 108-Widmore? Obviously they couldn't show his name on the wheel because that would spoil the surprise later on.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #39
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I need to get the complete series on blu-ray. I've been lazy about that.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #40
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Just finished The Candidate. I found it somewhat odd that Claire and Sayid were holding hands as they walked to the Ajira plane.

Also, I went to lostpedia to look at some of their theories and those regarding 'Mother' are some of the worst I've ever read on any topic. Here's an example:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Taweret - It make sense that the mother is in fact Taweret herself, as many of the mythos related to her can also apply to the events between her, Jacob and the MiB. Also the statue of Taweret was protecting the island just like her. See http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Stat...eories/Meaning for info about this.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #41
chaseter
Bland User

Yes but that statue was built after mother was long gone.

My theory is that the statue was built by Egyptians to try and appease the goddess Taweret, the god of fertility, because women could not have babies after a certain point during their pregnancy on the island. They were all dying off like the Dharma women because of the massive amount of magnetism and energy under the island.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #42
YoungE808
Side-Kick

I think Juliet mentioned once that being on the island increases one's sperm count several times over so I figured the Goddess of Fertility statue was built because of that. I also believe that the electromagnetic energy didn't affect the fetus in such a way until after the Incident in 1977.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #43
chaseter
Bland User

I thought that at first. But, Jacob and MIB were born on the island but the mother was about to give birth before she washed ashore. Ethan was born on the island but for all we know Amy could have spent much of her pregnancy off the island so as the baby would be not be terminated in the third trimester. We see her in 74 and then again in 77 when she is about to give birth. Claire would have died as she was in her third trimester but she got the injections she needed. If you get pregnant or come pregnant to the island during the early stages of your third trimester, your baby dies and so do you.

It also explains why mother had to bring a pregnant lady to the the island and why she just couldn't get pregnant herself. She could have just ran into the village and raped a guy, had a kid, and made him the leader. Same thing for Jacob. He could have just got a girl pregnant, took the kid, and raised him to become his replacement. It makes being the island's protector a little bit of a more secure/permanent job.

Last edited by chaseter; 05-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #44
Ipodman
Love Tension

What I want to know is.... was the skeleton in the cave in season 1 really meant to be who it was that was revealed in season 6, or was that something that they made up as the show went along? If it was planned all along, then wow, the writers are crazy to plan something 6 seasons deep

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Lindof said that after the Pilot they sat down and wrote most of the series plot points. So I'm presuming that Adam and Eve were planned all along.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #46
Ipodman
Love Tension

Oh. So it was planned as a 6 season thing all along?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #47
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Well... it might have been planned for later because they had to speed up their timeline when they made the deal to end the show in Season 6.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #48
Ipodman
Love Tension

Well, the first half of season 3, 4, 5, and 6 felt like nothing was happening... especially 3, where Jack, Sawyer and Kate were stuck in cages for so long. And in season 6, it was the temple thing right...

One thing that still bugs me up till this day is how Danielle Rousseau died so easily...

Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #49
chaseter
Bland User

The first half of season 4 felt like nothing was going on??? Wut? Season 4 was fast and furious the entire 14 or so episodes. It was short due to the writer's strike. I will agree the first half of season 3 sort of lulls. It gets more into the mystery of the others before picking up half way in.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #50
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Oh. So it was planned as a 6 season thing all along?
They didn't know they'd have six seasons until about halfway through season 3. But as far as Adam and Eve go, they knew they would be important characters that directly influenced the main cast being on the island. They probably didn't have Jacob and MIB as character pinned at that point, considering the first season they had no idea how long the show would last, if it even would.

Whatever the creators originally intended, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. All that matters is if the finished product works on its own, and I think it does.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote