Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #26
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
that no name has 10 years of film experience to his name with tudors,Count of Monte Crisco,stardust,etc. to his film/tv credits

AH has no film experience on his resume at all

not even the same ballpark

and even routh and reeve had film/tv experiance
So? Wouldn't be the first time an unknown got a good break.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #27
Slugster
the Slugster

Well Frankly if I know Zach and I don't, we should be seeing the wonder twins activate by the end of the movie

Last edited by Slugster; 04-18-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #28
Zionite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugster View Post
Well Frankly if I know Zach and I don't, we should be seeing the wonder twins activate by the end of the movie

Old 04-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #29
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I can actually see Hamm getting Jor-El now that he isnt Superman and has worked with Snyder.

Other than that it smells extremely fishy.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #30
sf2
Side-Kick

fake.

it's not realistic at all.

the story should focus on the planet of... Earth!!!

this is the only way, superman can be 'revived'!!!

NOT TO the audience-don't-care-at-all krypton story!!!

learn from Ironman 1!!! WB!!!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #31
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

who is Adam Harris?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #32
Superman2007
Side-Kick

I don't get why they'd send Zod & Faora to the phantom for trying to save Krypton from Braniac. Unless, the Kryptonian elders were not aware that Braniac was doing anything malicious, and they wrongfully convicted Zod & Faora. That would probably make Zod & Faora sympathetic characters, which I'm not a fan of.

Regardless, none of this sounds like a completely fresh take. Which makes me skeptical about its authenticity.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

My question, could the budget handle such a first(reboot) story.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
Superman2007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
My question, could the budget handle such a first(reboot) story.
I think Snyder will be able to handle the budget better than Singer did. I think that's another reason WB considered him. He knows how to make the most out of a budget.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #35
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
who is Adam Harris?
No name actor rumored to be up for Lex Luthor, supposedly he read with Lohan.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #36
Marvin
Side-Kick

Ed harris for either jor el, (pa kent,) general lane, perry white.

wonderful actor.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #37
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Ed harris for either jor el, (pa kent,) general lane, perry white.

wonderful actor.
???????????????

Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #38
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Cosmic Book News revealed a series of Plot points about The Man of Steel, revealed to them by their insiders at Warner. It is unconfirmed if this is true, but it sounds good.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Brainiac attacks Krypton after Jax-Ur destroys one of its moons during an experiment, and abducts the city of Kandor, which eventually leads to Krypton's destruction.
  • General Zod and Faora attempt to stop Brainiac, but fail and, for this, they are banished to the Phantom Zone alongside Jax-Ur.
  • Years later, they escape via a Phantom Zone Projector in Superman's spaceship and learn more about Earth.
  • Zod believes that the humans are destroying a perfect planet and decides to conquer Earth and turn it into a New Krypton, with him and Faora as the parents of a new Kryptonian bloodline.
  • Meanwhile, Jax-Ur is sent by Zod to advance Earth's technology alongside Lex Luthor, CEO of LexCorp.
  • General Sam Lane, Lois Lane's father, commands Earth's military forces against Zod's invasion. He hates aliens as much as Zod hates humans and believes Superman to be the same as them, so, he attacks Superman as well.
  • Brainiac is being introduced to be used as the main villain of a potential sequel. Revisions in the Script, however, appear to atribuet Krypton's destruction to Jax-Ur, leaving Brainiac's role in in unknow.
  • Ed Harris and Jeff Bridges are being looked at to play General Sam Lane.
  • Jon Hamm is being looked at to play Jor-El.
  • Adam Harris' audition impressed Zack Snyder and he'll be doing complementary tests with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, in addition to be working out in order to make for a more physically intimidating Lex Luthor.
  • There is apparently two versions of the Script being worked on. Both are very action-packed, especially during the finale.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-superman-2012

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-superman-2012

Good find Proto!

If true, which it sounds like it certainly might be potentially....then this plot sounds freakin epic!

Ed Harris would be slightly better as General Lane, than Bridges IMO. I would rather see Harris as Perry, but he played a great General in The Rock. Regardless, having Ed Harris in this Superman film would be great.

Hamm is acceptable as Jor El, but I would rather see Crowe or Viggo be cast.

Not a fan of this Harris guy being up for Lex. I think there are better actors out there that can be had.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 04-18-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #39
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman2007 View Post
I don't get why they'd send Zod & Faora to the phantom for trying to save Krypton from Braniac. Unless, the Kryptonian elders were not aware that Braniac was doing anything malicious, and they wrongfully convicted Zod & Faora. That would probably make Zod & Faora sympathetic characters, which I'm not a fan of.

Regardless, none of this sounds like a completely fresh take. Which makes me skeptical about its authenticity.

"Fresh" is subjective. This would be a "fresh" take as far as never seeing a live action Superman film like this on the big screen before.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
No name actor rumored to be up for Lex Luthor, supposedly he read with Lohan.

And like Lohan,he can go away and sniff glue.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #41
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
???????????????

yea he'd be good for the role if it weren't already cast

Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #42
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

The supposed plot sounds interesting, doesnt sound bad IMO. Curious to see if it turns out to be real.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Quote:
???????????????

Why are you confused? He knows Pa Kent was cast, but is stating that Ed Harris fits in those type of roles more.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #44
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
???????????????

Lol

Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #45
Moj1986
Side-Kick

A few thoughts on aspects of the film's story...I assume a re-invention will look to have distict differences to any predecessor so how about a youngish clark..very late teens, starts to develop his unusual abilities. In an effort to hide him and fearing the consequences of people knowing their secret, the Kents do there very best to train Clark to disguise and temper the emergence of these powers. After a build up of emotion, confusion, etc there's a situation that causes Clark to blow causing lots of damage and possibly casualties (no deaths). Although it is not linked to Clark he is devestated and leaves Smallville and travels the globe on a self discovery type of journey, remaining very solitary, observing the world's inhabitants. He un-intentionally finds himself in the midst of a conflict in africa. He decides to defend a village. In the act of saving a large group from the tribe he inadvertently kills a militant (someone we will have seen as being very cruel and evil). In the aftermath Clark is devestated by the results of his actions, however the tribe leader explains to him that the world is full of evils, but Clark was a guardian to defend the good. He presents Clark with a tattered red cloak and paints a downward facing triangle and swish across it..explaining the cloak is a sign of their great defendor and the symbol is one of hope. Clark realizes for the first time that he can become that symbol of hope and justice, using his powers for the good of man, defending them against evil. He returns to Smallville and his parents share his passionate idea, his mother prepares his symbolic costume using materials from his spaceship and is inspired by the tribes symbolism..there's more in my head but i'm done for now

Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, the thing that I'm both wondering and somewhat concerned about is how are they going to tell a origin story that gets audiences to understand and emphasize with Superman's character while bringing in General Zod as the film's main villain?

I mean you'll have to most likely get into the Kryptonian back story in order to understand where Zod's coming from as a person, let alone Jor el as well since I doubt Russell would have accepted such a small role.

Not to mention, they still have to establish as to who Clark was before he became a DP Reporter and how he went on to become Superman, earn the trust of the people, and defeat his main villain.

Too bad they just can't make this film at least into 2 Hours and 35 minutes.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #47
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Moj1986, I stopped reading when you suggested his decision to become Superman should come after he kills somebody...

Sorry... But no... Just. No.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #48
Moj1986
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Moj1986, I stopped reading when you suggested his decision to become Superman should come after he kills somebody...

Sorry... But no... Just. No.
I know where you're coming from, it would be against who the character is. But things have to happen to get him there, nobody is 100% perfect, mistakes will make the man. In a more real world scenario someone with those sort of uncontrolled abilities could and probably would cause serious injury to someone. It would provide him with reason to never want to hurt any one..or let any one be hurt. I'm not suggesting you make him an uncaring character..even to those who deserve no compassion, just that a 21st century Superman shouldn't be flawless..not initially anyway. The viewing public would connect more to a character and would accept him being the 'boy scout' character he becomes.

In an unpopular opinion I hope they make some big changes to the traditional story

Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #49
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moj1986 View Post
I know where you're coming from, it would be against who the character is. But things have to happen to get him there, nobody is 100% perfect, mistakes will make the man. In a more real world scenario someone with those sort of uncontrolled abilities could and probably would cause serious injury to someone. It would provide him with reason to never want to hurt any one..or let any one be hurt. I'm not suggesting you make him an uncaring character..even to those who deserve no compassion, just that a 21st century Superman shouldn't be flawless..not initially anyway. The viewing public would connect more to a character and would accept him being the 'boy scout' character he becomes.

In an unpopular opinion I hope they make some big changes to the traditional story
I really don't know where this idea that something bad has to happen in order to make a Superhero has come from.

Yes it was used in Spiderman and Batman, and so it's in people's heads.

But he doesn't have to kill someone to decide he doesn't want to hurt people. He just doesn't want to hurt people.

He doesn't have to be full of guilt and grief. In fact I'd say Superman CAN'T happen because of guilt and grief. Guilt and grief would give us a Superman all dressed in black on a dedicated mission to take down the militants that attacked that village.

It's hope that Superman is born of, and hope that he inspires. Faith in people. Faith in the world's ability to change.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #50
Moj1986
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I really don't know where this idea that something bad has to happen in order to make a Superhero has come from.

Yes it was used in Spiderman and Batman, and so it's in people's heads.

- Both Spiderman and Batman have good movies in part because of it, it develops a character. It someone just gets up and decides to be a hero and be 100% good the character becomes incredibly one dimensional and the audience won't appreciate them (look at Superman Returns).

But he doesn't have to kill someone to decide he doesn't want to hurt people. He just doesn't want to hurt people.

- He doesn't have to but if he did (and remember it wouldn't be because he wanted to, rather it be more an accidental consequence of the heroism he shows at the time) it would provide the character with a deeper understanding of why life is so important.

He doesn't have to be full of guilt and grief. In fact I'd say Superman CAN'T happen because of guilt and grief. Guilt and grief would give us a Superman all dressed in black on a dedicated mission to take down the militants that attacked that village.

- It isn't guilt and grief that motivates him but it's a tent pole for why he'd never intentionally inflict pain and would find alternatives where possible.

It's hope that Superman is born of, and hope that he inspires. Faith in people. Faith in the world's ability to change.

- As i mentioned before the symbols he would associate himself with would be hope, i.e. he would be born of hope and he would intend his actions to inspire good.

I just think there's an opportunity to make an interesting version of Superman that perhaps has more to relate to. He needs to be more than a flat character in the right place at the right time who dons a costume and saves the day.

Last edited by Moj1986; 07-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Closed Thread