The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #51
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 2

I preferred the old suits for everybody, count me as one who thinks they shouldn't have messed with the suits.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #52
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
I preferred the old suits for everybody, count me as one who thinks they shouldn't have messed with the suits.
Good man.

But, seriously if you like 'em you like 'em if you don't, I don't, just keep rooting for the show, don't abandon it. We all want a season 3.

Last edited by venomfangs125; 04-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #53
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
I guess this is to connect the cartoon with the current movie franchise design of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

I'd have much rather that they kept the original costumes for Cap and Thor, Iron Man's upgrade armor kicks ass though .

Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #54
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
I guess this is to connect the cartoon with the current movie franchise design of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

I'd have much rather that they kept the original costumes for Cap and Thor, Iron Man's upgrade armor kicks ass though .
Agreed.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #55
cUbA_LiBrE
Side-Kick

IMO all three rock. Mrs. Marvel too, btw.

But maybe we should wait until we see them in action before we judge. Animation is a diffrent thing.

and...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
maybe Skrull cap will be detected after the first couple episodes. i do not want a fake cap even for a half season. I rather want to see Cap as a leader and not as an imposter

Old 04-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #56
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

can I have the links to the pics? I want to see hulks new costume

Old 04-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #57
cUbA_LiBrE
Side-Kick

You will find the video on this site.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/0...deo-exclusive/

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #58
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

New video highlighting the
Skrull storyline and Nick Fury's absence
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_0Mz...&feature=feedu

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.

Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 04-21-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #59
lixdexia
Blood Angels

well i guess that answers a few questions. maybe the new cap costume is there to help steve distance himself from things that happen early in the season in his regular costume

dictated, not read.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #60
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

I'm a little confused. The Avengers start to turn on each other because they think somebody in their team's a Skrull....? How effective was this "Secret Invasion" in the long term----IN A NUTSHELL please.

Speaking of team, could the team Fury tasked with trying to catch Skrulls as people be the Fantastic Four, who have have had previous run-ins with Skrulls before?

Last edited by venomfangs125; 04-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #61
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

So great! Skrulls are looking good!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #62
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfangs125 View Post
I'm a little confused. The Avengers start to turn on each other because they think somebody in their team's a Skrull....? How effective was this "Secret Invasion" in the long term----IN A NUTSHELL please.

Speaking of team, could the team Fury tasked with trying to catch Skrulls as people be the Fantastic Four, who have have had previous run-ins with Skrulls before?
Well, that storyline was a summer cross-over sort of event. If you go with some of the retcons it established, then it was pretty successful until they made their big move to take over.

I don't think the FF would be the team they have in mind, as they say it's a team Fury's putting together himself, and the FF is already together. Plus Mockingbird is there.

G D
H S
T
Y
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #63
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored View Post
Well, that storyline was a summer cross-over sort of event. If you go with some of the retcons it established, then it was pretty successful until they made their big move to take over.

I don't think the FF would be the team they have in mind, as they say it's a team Fury's putting together himself, and the FF is already together. Plus Mockingbird is there.
Well, either way, I can't wait to hear what else is divulged from next week after the DVD's released.

I gotta admit, I'm impressed. This show's come a long way. It's managed to maintain a dark, serious vibe and throw in bits of comedy. Plus they don't make villains look totally incomptent and foolish. I mean, to me, certain scenes such as the Hulk being chased by the Hulk Busters, Bucky's death/resurrection and Loki's torture seemed dark to me, a bit much for a "kid's show."

Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #64
bored
One Sexy Lemur

They're taking cues from "JLU", whether they'll admit it or not. And we all benefit from it.

G D
H S
T
Y
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #65
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Question Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 2

Quote:
They're taking cues from "JLU", whether they'll admit it or not. And we all benefit from it.
Um...Such as? The only thing I noticed that was similar to JLU was the fact that Darkseid/Braniac caught a punch from Supes then headbutted him. They did that move twice on here, both times with Hulk. But that's all I've noticed.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #66
bored
One Sexy Lemur

I think you're being too literal there. I mean just in their willingness to write a serious show with actual characters and bigger storylines. Haven't really seen that kind of ambition since "X-Men: TAS" back in the '90s.

G D
H S
T
Y
Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #67
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
New video highlighting the
Skrull storyline and Nick Fury's absence
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_0Mz...&feature=feedu
So S2 opens with the actual invasion, i guess this further confirms how Steve will be the one using the Ultimate costume and it's upgrades thruouth the season.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #68
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Question #1: I know you're working hard on the new Avengers cartoon. We got to see a glimpse of Wolverine in an episode, but are the X-Men going to make an appearance?

Chris Yost: "Not in season one, we're staying pretty Avengers focused. But more guest stars start popping up in season two."

Question #2: A source told me awhile back that the Avengers cartoon was already in the middle of season two production. Will we be seeing a season three for the Avengers as well?

Chris Yost: "Fingers crossed!!!"

Old 04-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #69
herofanatic90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by realironman View Post
question #1: I know you're working hard on the new avengers cartoon. We got to see a glimpse of wolverine in an episode, but are the x-men going to make an appearance?

chris yost: "not in season one, we're staying pretty avengers focused. But more guest stars start popping up in season two."

question #2: A source told me awhile back that the avengers cartoon was already in the middle of season two production. Will we be seeing a season three for the avengers as well?

chris yost: "fingers crossed!!!"
i hope we see x-men, fantastic four, hercules, and she-hulk. That's all i really want to see

Old 04-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #70
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
So S2 opens with the actual invasion, i guess this further confirms how Steve will be the one using the Ultimate costume and it's upgrades thruouth the season.
It's possible. At least this means they won't let the real Cap be left out in the cold for most of the season; More likely just the first one, if he's lucky.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #71
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you're being too literal there. I mean just in their willingness to write a serious show with actual characters and bigger storylines. Haven't really seen that kind of ambition since "X-Men: TAS" back in the '90s.
Wolverine and the x men,Spec Spiderman and JLU are easily more ambitious than Xmen TAS, but this show is the most ambitious comic book show I have ever seen

Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #72
bored
One Sexy Lemur

I don't really include "WaTXM", partially because it didn't get a real chance to expand on some things (also, lack of Colossus continues to piss me off), and I didn't really watch more than a few episodes of "Spectacular Spider-Man" (though I can see why people enjoyed it). And with "JLU", I should have mentioned that I was just referring to Marvel shows (that comment actually came after I had compared this to "JLU").

G D
H S
T
Y
Old 04-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #73
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
I am a little torn. This is obviously done for synergy with the films, which feels cheap and pandering. On the other hand...at least we DID get the classic costumes for 26 episodes, and it isn't like people can't change their clothes. Hopefully there is a decent in story reason for it. Technically, Cap is already wearing a modified revamp of his 1940's costume.

The irony? Wasp, the character who in the comics changed her outfit practically every issue, may have fewer costume changes than Captain America.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I don't really include "WaTXM", partially because it didn't get a real chance to expand on some things (also, lack of Colossus continues to piss me off),and I didn't really watch more than a few episodes of "Spectacular Spider-Man" (though I can see why people enjoyed it). And with "JLU", I should have mentioned that I was just referring to Marvel shows (that comment actually came after I had compared this to "JLU").
Heck yeah, I thought he was gonna have a reacurring role in WATXM, I also expected him to have a MUCH larger role in X-Men: Last Stand (as well as a fight between Colossus vs Juggernaut).

I mean seriously, they had Colossus and Juggs in the same movie but you didn't include a fight between the two?

Madness!!!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #75
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Th Frown Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Heck yeah, I thought he was gonna have a reacurring role in WATXM, I also expected him to have a MUCH larger role in X-Men: Last Stand (as well as a fight between Colossus vs Juggernaut).

I mean seriously, they had Colossus and Juggs in the same movie but you didn't include a fight between the two?

Madness!!!
Trust me, if there's ONE THING I've learned in life its: You can't always get what you want....I know, BELIEVE ME, I know.

Closed Thread