The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #51
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Thor (Deleted Scenes)

Marvel's Thor does its own thing. It can't really be compared to the mythology. Its more of an 'inspired by' than 'adapted from' scenario.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #52
Godzilla2000
The Voice Of Reason

Awesome Re: Thor (Deleted Scenes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Marvel's Thor does its own thing. It can't really be compared to the mythology. Its more of an 'inspired by' than 'adapted from' scenario.
Still, it would be nice to see more of the Norse mythological characters being adapted to Marvel's universe, especially Farbauti as a femme fatale Ice Giant (I'm thinking in terms of design she'd be strangely alluring yet terrifying at the same time, kind of like Sharon Apple from Macross Plus.) with a masculine soul. It has been done as Loki's soul was occupying Sif's new body for a time. Also Loki's brothers by Laufey and Farbauti would be a nice addition. I have way too many scenarios in my head how they could be integrated into the universe, movie or the comics.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-22-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #53
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

I'm going to edit the deleted scenes back in my self.

Not all of them.

alexlachiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #54
First Avenger
Side-Kick

^Me too.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #55
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Did I see a reference to this infamous panel?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #56
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Having seen the deleted scenes I can understand why some were cut, unnecessary and just slowed the pace down. But they definitely should've kept some of the stuff before Thor's coronation ceremony. At least some part of his conversation with Loki and his brief exchange with his mother.

I personally wanted extra Sif stuff so I'm guessing that's all there is or they just didn't release it. I could've sworn I heard Jaimie Alexander say in an interview she had some stuff cut out.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #57
04nbod
I need to debrief you

There is quite a bit of Sif in the deleted scenes. Its the Warrior's Three who had their entire charaterisation removed.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #58
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Are you referring to the part before the coronation ceremony where they had their banter?

Spill

Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #59
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Did I see a reference to this infamous panel?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #60
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Are you referring to the part before the coronation ceremony where they had their banter?
And after the coronation scene when Thor is throwing over the table, when they prepare to go to Jotunheim and on Earth when they first land. Volstagg in particular was gutted and he had some real gems of scenes. I don't know what I can say as its not out yet.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #61
Liam_H
Side-Kick

They might have been able to leave that one in but I'm glad they edited down the one of them going to Earth, it was all just humor stuff that would've just slowed the movie down.

Spill

Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #62
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

After having seen some of the deleted scenes at the beginning when Thor was still in Asgard, I wish that they would have kept those moments in. Sure, I would have probably still cut out when Thor, Loki, Sif, and the Warriors Three were walking to their horses, and maybe trim Thor's original introduction as an adult into the film a little bit, but everything else would have probably help make the film better.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #63
steintym
Stay Frosty

I'd love to see more of the Warriors Three. I haven't seen the deleted scenes, but there was some additional stuff from the script that didn't make the movie, basically, the stuff you guys have mentioned.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #64
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I always want everything left in personally. The one that sticks out the most to me is the pre-ceremony Loki/Thor scene. That would have went a ways to flesh out their relationship. I always felt that was lacking.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #65
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I think it was very good it to cut down the Warriors Three and Sif arriving on Earth and looking for Thor, most of it was very unnecessary.

Spill

Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #66
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I'd love to see more of the Warriors Three. I haven't seen the deleted scenes, but there was some additional stuff from the script that didn't make the movie, basically, the stuff you guys have mentioned.
I think the problem with that whole aspect there is that they felt they needed The Warrior's Three and Sif in the movie but didn't know what to do with them. The role they have is spread so thin. I feel like Sif takes all Hogun's lines in the movie because of it. She becomes the straight man to Volstagg and Fandral when it should be Hogun. Like the bit when they arrived and Fandral and Volstagg are wondering where they will find people only to have Sif point out the town. Hogun was true to chracter and had discovered it and set off in that direction immediately but that should have been his line. The line about Fandral shutting up before the coronation should have been his line. The poor actor got nothing to do but look grim.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #67
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Man as much as I adored this movie, I got to admit, I is a sad panda some of these scenes didn't make it in, I even wish they kept some of the omissions on scenes that stayed. :/

Marvel really needs to consider extended editions of some of their movies, Heck I'd gladly double dip for that.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #68
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
What I miss the most that was changed is that Speech Odin made from the SDCC 5 minute spot.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #69
Blight616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
What I miss the most that was changed is that Speech Odin made from the SDCC 5 minute spot.
I never saw that footage, can you recall any of the speech.

Blight616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #70
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

the deleted scenes had some stuff i liked. the thing about them being on earth 1000 years ago and the healing stones. also more info about what loki can do. it also showed more of the asgardians. made it seem more like a populated city.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #71
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Man as much as I adored this movie, I got to admit, I is a sad panda some of these scenes didn't make it in, I even wish they kept some of the omissions on scenes that stayed. :/

Marvel really needs to consider extended editions of some of their movies, Heck I'd gladly double dip for that.
Besides Incredible Hulk (that film cut 20 minutes of great character and story) I'd say there's no need for any other release. Of the 11 scenes cut here, I agree with 8 of them. No need to see those in the film at all.

The three Thor deleted scenes I liked/could have added to the film- Loki and Thor before the coronation, Frigga confronts Odin and Loki is made king. Still, all three of those would've changed the flavor of the film itself. I'm fine with the movie as is.

Both Iron Man and Iron Man 2's deleted scenes offered nothing and all were good cuts.

Incredible Hulk's cuts are still painful to think about. THOSE really hurt and the film would've been much richer and textured had they left a few of them in. (All the relationship stuff, the military development stuff and General Ross' speech.)

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #72
Cartoonics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
The three Thor deleted scenes I liked/could have added to the film- Loki and Thor before the coronation, Frigga confronts Odin and Loki is made king. Still, all three of those would've changed the flavor of the film itself. I'm fine with the movie as is.
Agree. I'd also keep the scene with Volstagg and the SHIELD agents--it's a better gag than the "Xena, Robin Hood, and Jackie Chan" line, and the switch wouldn't impact the pacing at all.

Cartoonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #73
steintym
Stay Frosty

For the most part, deleted scenes are deleted for a reason. I rarely come across a deleted scene I can't believe didn't make the cut.

Having said that ... I still love seeing them. I haven't had a chance to watch Thor's, but I can't wait.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #74
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Completely agree - I'm pretty surprised by the change there.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #75
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoonics View Post
Agree. I'd also keep the scene with Volstagg and the SHIELD agents--it's a better gag than the "Xena, Robin Hood, and Jackie Chan" line, and the switch wouldn't impact the pacing at all.
I don't agree with that one. That line got the best laugh every time I saw Thor in the theatre. (And I saw it quite a few times with an audience)

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote